Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Having trouble staying motivated
1 2
In my experience, it's easier (and more profitable) to sell food in stacks of 10 or less. While you could try to follow the market on that, it's been easier for me to just list everything I want to sell for 300t each for 24 hours. It sells regularly, (although plants might take a relist or a price adjustment).

Selling stacks hasn't worked as well for me. It's possible that that's because the only thing I get stacks of is Mire food, which a bunch of others are also selling.

And don't push yourself to max the Fairgrounds if it's draining you! There's plenty of other things you can do to make money.
In my experience, it's easier (and more profitable) to sell food in stacks of 10 or less. While you could try to follow the market on that, it's been easier for me to just list everything I want to sell for 300t each for 24 hours. It sells regularly, (although plants might take a relist or a price adjustment).

Selling stacks hasn't worked as well for me. It's possible that that's because the only thing I get stacks of is Mire food, which a bunch of others are also selling.

And don't push yourself to max the Fairgrounds if it's draining you! There's plenty of other things you can do to make money.
He/She/They | FR +3
FR is one of those games you really have to invest your time in. Unlike other conventional video games, there is no single consistent goal you can work towards in time; the goalposts are constantly on the move and your success here is ultimately determined by whether or not you have the time and energy to spend your every waking moment making money.

I went on hiatus a while ago for about a month out of sheer boredom because the motivation to grind, grind, and grind some more just wasn't there. I felt like there was nothing to do here besides make money, because without money there's nothing you can do, nothing you can attain.

Yet I also made several thousand gems in the span of a week recently because I felt this push of determination to wipe out a huge chunk of gene projects and buy up a few accents I wanted. I think I feel less pressured now because I don't have those expenses hanging over my head anymore, and I'm fine with slowing activity again until I get another pang of motivation. Thinking back to it, it felt incredibly easy in the moment. I don't know where all those gems even came from, because I've never made that much money that fast ever. All I know is that I'm comfortable slowing back down again, because I have other things to do and I'm bored. Don't ever feel guilty for having sporadic interest in the game. It happens to everyone.

I guess it shows that FR isn't something to sink your life into if you have more important things to do, or if you're difficult to motivate. Like I said, there is no achievement for 100%-ing the game because it's ever-growing, unlike conventional video games. Burnout will come quicker when you feel obligated to spend every second of every day here doing things you can't get into for more than an hour every day, so take things slow - don't hyperfocus on your goals. They're always within your grasp, no matter how quickly or slowly they come.

Sounds like basic knowledge, but it's the simplest things that are the hardest to remember, sometimes.
FR is one of those games you really have to invest your time in. Unlike other conventional video games, there is no single consistent goal you can work towards in time; the goalposts are constantly on the move and your success here is ultimately determined by whether or not you have the time and energy to spend your every waking moment making money.

I went on hiatus a while ago for about a month out of sheer boredom because the motivation to grind, grind, and grind some more just wasn't there. I felt like there was nothing to do here besides make money, because without money there's nothing you can do, nothing you can attain.

Yet I also made several thousand gems in the span of a week recently because I felt this push of determination to wipe out a huge chunk of gene projects and buy up a few accents I wanted. I think I feel less pressured now because I don't have those expenses hanging over my head anymore, and I'm fine with slowing activity again until I get another pang of motivation. Thinking back to it, it felt incredibly easy in the moment. I don't know where all those gems even came from, because I've never made that much money that fast ever. All I know is that I'm comfortable slowing back down again, because I have other things to do and I'm bored. Don't ever feel guilty for having sporadic interest in the game. It happens to everyone.

I guess it shows that FR isn't something to sink your life into if you have more important things to do, or if you're difficult to motivate. Like I said, there is no achievement for 100%-ing the game because it's ever-growing, unlike conventional video games. Burnout will come quicker when you feel obligated to spend every second of every day here doing things you can't get into for more than an hour every day, so take things slow - don't hyperfocus on your goals. They're always within your grasp, no matter how quickly or slowly they come.

Sounds like basic knowledge, but it's the simplest things that are the hardest to remember, sometimes.
aSAtN3z.png xxx
Quit reading my signature, nerd.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
He/him

Previously Neuromancer

Wishlist
This is how I stay motivated. A never ending supply of challenges, some involving the coli others involving breeding. It makes me feel like I have something to do and work towards.
This is how I stay motivated. A never ending supply of challenges, some involving the coli others involving breeding. It makes me feel like I have something to do and work towards.

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
When I first started, I tried to do all of the things--I bonded my familiars religiously, did the Tomo questions every day, lived in the Coliseum, played the fairground games, even took the time to laboriously pull things out of my vault for Crim. But I didn't like it. And so things started feeling like more of a chore than a game, and that sucked all of the fun out of playing.

So I tossed the Fairgrounds overboard. Crim can take care of her own hoarding problem. I stopped beating myself up if I missed bonding or Tomo. I like Coli, so I kept that, and I learned how to put Baldwin to work for me. By focusing on the things I actually enjoyed, I kept my motivation much longer. And in giving myself a pass to be "lazy" when I just wasn't feeling it, I was able to stay engaged and keep up with my maintenance tasks. And okay, this is coming from someone who has never played a truly relaxed game in their life (I once described my goal in Stardew Valley as "beating Grandpa at his own game"), but seriously...if there's an aspect of the game that's frustrating, consider dropping it and focusing on the elements that are enjoyable instead. You might find you actually achieve your goals quicker!

Good luck!
When I first started, I tried to do all of the things--I bonded my familiars religiously, did the Tomo questions every day, lived in the Coliseum, played the fairground games, even took the time to laboriously pull things out of my vault for Crim. But I didn't like it. And so things started feeling like more of a chore than a game, and that sucked all of the fun out of playing.

So I tossed the Fairgrounds overboard. Crim can take care of her own hoarding problem. I stopped beating myself up if I missed bonding or Tomo. I like Coli, so I kept that, and I learned how to put Baldwin to work for me. By focusing on the things I actually enjoyed, I kept my motivation much longer. And in giving myself a pass to be "lazy" when I just wasn't feeling it, I was able to stay engaged and keep up with my maintenance tasks. And okay, this is coming from someone who has never played a truly relaxed game in their life (I once described my goal in Stardew Valley as "beating Grandpa at his own game"), but seriously...if there's an aspect of the game that's frustrating, consider dropping it and focusing on the elements that are enjoyable instead. You might find you actually achieve your goals quicker!

Good luck!
9o5YF7O.png
Thanks for your advice everyone. I've managed to set up a small routine that I can do even in my down mood, so that I don't feel like I'm necessarily falling behind (feed dragons > plinkerton > gather items > crim > trivia > bonding)

It helps that I have one dragon, specifically, set aside to bond with all the familiars that don't have associated dragons.
Thanks for your advice everyone. I've managed to set up a small routine that I can do even in my down mood, so that I don't feel like I'm necessarily falling behind (feed dragons > plinkerton > gather items > crim > trivia > bonding)

It helps that I have one dragon, specifically, set aside to bond with all the familiars that don't have associated dragons.
@Zachski

lore and community is the cure.

I make sure to post on active boards that I can help with. I do the give and gets , the best above. I also actively seek lore partners and such . I do go through spurts as well, but they are more actively having a goal and just lurking forums. But I have been her 3 plus years and have not really lost interest... but I have people to share goals with and chat , plus if i am supper bored I will buy a dragon and dress or scatter a perm just to spice things up..hehe
@Zachski

lore and community is the cure.

I make sure to post on active boards that I can help with. I do the give and gets , the best above. I also actively seek lore partners and such . I do go through spurts as well, but they are more actively having a goal and just lurking forums. But I have been her 3 plus years and have not really lost interest... but I have people to share goals with and chat , plus if i am supper bored I will buy a dragon and dress or scatter a perm just to spice things up..hehe
A5i3AHB.png
Sometimes I feel like this. I've just returned from a brief window of inactivity (3 weeks) and I feel a lot better for taking that break. During the break I just logged on to do my dailies and feed my dragons.

My current long-term goal is to hatch a triple obs g1, and since this is taking up all of my time and money, it can get tedious. Like others said, set yourself small goals, perhaps check out the quests/challenges forum. Coli challenges are fun to do if you have netflix open in another tab or something to help pass the time.
Sometimes I feel like this. I've just returned from a brief window of inactivity (3 weeks) and I feel a lot better for taking that break. During the break I just logged on to do my dailies and feed my dragons.

My current long-term goal is to hatch a triple obs g1, and since this is taking up all of my time and money, it can get tedious. Like others said, set yourself small goals, perhaps check out the quests/challenges forum. Coli challenges are fun to do if you have netflix open in another tab or something to help pass the time.
I have this problem with a lot of things, but I don't know if I'll be much help because I'm too lazy to NOT relax which is my problem. I tend to leave when I get overwhelmed with everything I want or need to do. Sounds like you can't just focus on one thing at a time, but I guess my advice is don't be so hard on yourself. If you miss some Baldwin, oh well. He's still gonna be there tomorrow. Same with every other aspect of the site; they aren't going to just out of the blue be removed from the code. I'd suggest not going too deep into it, because if it feels like a responsibility you won't want to do it, and not doing it has no external repercussions, only your own disappointment, so there's less to keep you on track.

Along those lines, perhaps set up a quest? Make yourself a challenge thread for something? Support from others is always very rewarding and motivating!
I have this problem with a lot of things, but I don't know if I'll be much help because I'm too lazy to NOT relax which is my problem. I tend to leave when I get overwhelmed with everything I want or need to do. Sounds like you can't just focus on one thing at a time, but I guess my advice is don't be so hard on yourself. If you miss some Baldwin, oh well. He's still gonna be there tomorrow. Same with every other aspect of the site; they aren't going to just out of the blue be removed from the code. I'd suggest not going too deep into it, because if it feels like a responsibility you won't want to do it, and not doing it has no external repercussions, only your own disappointment, so there's less to keep you on track.

Along those lines, perhaps set up a quest? Make yourself a challenge thread for something? Support from others is always very rewarding and motivating!
fguisa.png
................e0gVkz3.png ................. 5hF3FGk.png
................. xj6Mn2e.png
................. CISPrku.png
................. etYYz4O.png
1 2