Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Interest Check - Writing
1 2
I'm curious to know if anyone would be interested in commissioning me to write stuff for them. I can write in most genres and forms and about practically thing as long as it isn't offensive or hateful. Um, yeah, my writing is still shabby but I'm looking to learn.

Examples (some of these are unfinished, I do apologize):

-The stonemason hammered away at the cube of stone. Alone he worked, hidden away in a grey cell of concrete, and un-moving was the stone, it laid still as he worked upon it. A distant clock, up high, ticked away, tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk, on and on. The stonemason chiseled on and on, until his block of stone was round and smooth, a perfect sphere. And satisfied, he gave it a push, and forward it rolled, straight as an arrow, till is reached the end of the table and fell to the floor. A small crack appeared, tainting what was otherwise beautiful. The stonemason picked it up, wiped it off, and chiseled away the imperfection. Again he push, and again the stone sphere rolled. But no longer was it steady, it wobbled along its path. And it struck the floor a second time, cracking further along. A frown on his face, the stone mason picked it up, wiped it off, and chiseled away the imperfections. He set it down, gently pushed it forward, and the stone sphere rolled once more. But this time it's path was shaky, unpredictable, it sped right then turned left, ticking and tacking along. Until it hit the floor, for a third and final time. This time shattering, big and small pieces alike littered the stonemason's floor. A small sigh, that was all, and the stonemason bent down and picked the biggest of all the pieces. And he put hammer to stone once more and started again. Beating out the imperfections, leaving nothing but a perfect sphere. In the corner the clocked ticked on, tsk tsk tsk tsk.

-V sat on the edge of the building, his legs dangling off the side. Above he saw the stars, and below, the streets were a bustle with activity. The buzz of cars driving by and people exploring new vendors filled the air. Children ran around, excited as ever, brandishing caramel apples and sticks of cotton candy. The warm glow of festival lanterns lit the streets, gentle guiding hands. Staring longingly at the happiness down below, he couldn’t help smiling. It was such a departure from the busy city life, with people always in a hurry. Here, it was calm, peaceful.... almost magical. His body leaned forward ever so slightly, as if being pulled in. He could just barely catch a wiff of baked breads and roasting meat. He leaned forward some more, enticed by the promises that lay beneath, hardly noticing his own movements. Tipping over the edge, he began to fall. Closer and closer, he approached the streets lined with cobble. Closing his eyes in anticipation, he reached out his hands, ready to join the fun. And then he felt his body slam into a wall of water. His mouth opened in surprise only to be met by an unfathomable saltiness. Keeping his eyes tightly shut, he tried to pull himself up above the surface. But as he pushed against the water, he felt a large weight latch onto his leg. It pulled him further down into an unfathomable darkness. He felt the last whisps of air escape his lungs and the tight grasp of panic enveloped him. His flailing arms became weaker and weaker, he tried to take a breath only to be met with water. At last, when his strength had faded and the water pressure had begun to take its toll, his mind caved and nothing but the weight remained in the vast waters. A soft breeze ran along the grassy fields.

-A young child accompanied by her mother excitedly ran throughout the park, jumping up every so often in the hopes of catching a stray leaf. The deeper she went, the quieter and quieter it got until she was finally alone. She continued her energetic barrage upon nature for a short while longer before noticing that the breeze had stopped and it was dead silent. Stopping, she worriedly called out for her mom. When no one responded she called out louder, to no avail. Tears began to brim her eyes, her lips quivering, almost ready to break into a cascade of tears. A sudden gust of wind pushed her over, causing her to stumble and fall.
I'm curious to know if anyone would be interested in commissioning me to write stuff for them. I can write in most genres and forms and about practically thing as long as it isn't offensive or hateful. Um, yeah, my writing is still shabby but I'm looking to learn.

Examples (some of these are unfinished, I do apologize):

-The stonemason hammered away at the cube of stone. Alone he worked, hidden away in a grey cell of concrete, and un-moving was the stone, it laid still as he worked upon it. A distant clock, up high, ticked away, tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk, on and on. The stonemason chiseled on and on, until his block of stone was round and smooth, a perfect sphere. And satisfied, he gave it a push, and forward it rolled, straight as an arrow, till is reached the end of the table and fell to the floor. A small crack appeared, tainting what was otherwise beautiful. The stonemason picked it up, wiped it off, and chiseled away the imperfection. Again he push, and again the stone sphere rolled. But no longer was it steady, it wobbled along its path. And it struck the floor a second time, cracking further along. A frown on his face, the stone mason picked it up, wiped it off, and chiseled away the imperfections. He set it down, gently pushed it forward, and the stone sphere rolled once more. But this time it's path was shaky, unpredictable, it sped right then turned left, ticking and tacking along. Until it hit the floor, for a third and final time. This time shattering, big and small pieces alike littered the stonemason's floor. A small sigh, that was all, and the stonemason bent down and picked the biggest of all the pieces. And he put hammer to stone once more and started again. Beating out the imperfections, leaving nothing but a perfect sphere. In the corner the clocked ticked on, tsk tsk tsk tsk.

-V sat on the edge of the building, his legs dangling off the side. Above he saw the stars, and below, the streets were a bustle with activity. The buzz of cars driving by and people exploring new vendors filled the air. Children ran around, excited as ever, brandishing caramel apples and sticks of cotton candy. The warm glow of festival lanterns lit the streets, gentle guiding hands. Staring longingly at the happiness down below, he couldn’t help smiling. It was such a departure from the busy city life, with people always in a hurry. Here, it was calm, peaceful.... almost magical. His body leaned forward ever so slightly, as if being pulled in. He could just barely catch a wiff of baked breads and roasting meat. He leaned forward some more, enticed by the promises that lay beneath, hardly noticing his own movements. Tipping over the edge, he began to fall. Closer and closer, he approached the streets lined with cobble. Closing his eyes in anticipation, he reached out his hands, ready to join the fun. And then he felt his body slam into a wall of water. His mouth opened in surprise only to be met by an unfathomable saltiness. Keeping his eyes tightly shut, he tried to pull himself up above the surface. But as he pushed against the water, he felt a large weight latch onto his leg. It pulled him further down into an unfathomable darkness. He felt the last whisps of air escape his lungs and the tight grasp of panic enveloped him. His flailing arms became weaker and weaker, he tried to take a breath only to be met with water. At last, when his strength had faded and the water pressure had begun to take its toll, his mind caved and nothing but the weight remained in the vast waters. A soft breeze ran along the grassy fields.

-A young child accompanied by her mother excitedly ran throughout the park, jumping up every so often in the hopes of catching a stray leaf. The deeper she went, the quieter and quieter it got until she was finally alone. She continued her energetic barrage upon nature for a short while longer before noticing that the breeze had stopped and it was dead silent. Stopping, she worriedly called out for her mom. When no one responded she called out louder, to no avail. Tears began to brim her eyes, her lips quivering, almost ready to break into a cascade of tears. A sudden gust of wind pushed her over, causing her to stumble and fall.
bump
bump
lG0lDIb.png
up
up
bump
bump
Possibly. I’ll see, but I am in serious lack of lore for my dergs and would pay a good amount of gems for some good quality writing.
Possibly. I’ll see, but I am in serious lack of lore for my dergs and would pay a good amount of gems for some good quality writing.
wIa7Sm8.png3ypBj6a.jpgcE39hI3.png
@Shadowhunter43 would you like a ping when if I open up a shop?
@Shadowhunter43 would you like a ping when if I open up a shop?
@Ric3Cakes

Yes please. I may consider your lore depending on quality and prices.
@Ric3Cakes

Yes please. I may consider your lore depending on quality and prices.
wIa7Sm8.png3ypBj6a.jpgcE39hI3.png
sweet!
sweet!
bump!
bump!
lG0lDIb.png
bump
bump
1 2