Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | do you speak british or american english
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Amrican English. I live in Norway though. My dad's american, so that must explain it.
Amrican English. I live in Norway though. My dad's american, so that must explain it.
A she » » 20y/o
» Professional procrastinator »

» pronounced sehbootwentytoo »
» at this point, there are too many fandoms to count »
-- » Vet-student (this will be the end of me)» --

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. - Psalm 19:1 -

giphy.gif

3169374761_1_7_V7IQH2JC.gif

R6dnTUj.gif
23892.png
3169374761_1_7_V7IQH2JC.gif
British English. I'm in Australia- we do have some words from American English like eggplant opposed to aubergine, but most of it is British English.
British English. I'm in Australia- we do have some words from American English like eggplant opposed to aubergine, but most of it is British English.

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
American English, because I'm American. I have a very very strong Southern Accent though, but I talk very fast. Lots of people where I'm from talk with a Coastal Southern/mountain Southern Accent
American English, because I'm American. I have a very very strong Southern Accent though, but I talk very fast. Lots of people where I'm from talk with a Coastal Southern/mountain Southern Accent
Frankenstein3.jpg
british english always lmao

I've developed one hell of a accent, having friends from America, heck even one of my classmates thought I was American.

Colour always!!
british english always lmao

I've developed one hell of a accent, having friends from America, heck even one of my classmates thought I was American.

Colour always!!
SIjKhX7.png
it's kind of weird, but I used to spell with British English because I saw people writing that way, but MS Word was annoying the heck out of me so I switched to American English spelling.

...and then I got a laptop that seems to favor British English. It's really confusing :v
My accent is leaning more towards American, but it's definitely not the same as those who live in America. Filipino people who speak English as mother tongue will get me :v
it's kind of weird, but I used to spell with British English because I saw people writing that way, but MS Word was annoying the heck out of me so I switched to American English spelling.

...and then I got a laptop that seems to favor British English. It's really confusing :v
My accent is leaning more towards American, but it's definitely not the same as those who live in America. Filipino people who speak English as mother tongue will get me :v
m16OKP.jpeg
Hello! I grew up in both England and America. There are a lot of differences in what is spoken in England and in the USA. I wouldn't go as far to say that British English is more complicated or American is simplified, they just have different words for objects and pronounce "a's" differently depending on what the word is. I speak with British English though because I was born in England :)
Hello! I grew up in both England and America. There are a lot of differences in what is spoken in England and in the USA. I wouldn't go as far to say that British English is more complicated or American is simplified, they just have different words for objects and pronounce "a's" differently depending on what the word is. I speak with British English though because I was born in England :)
British English, which is the standard in New Zealand. In a lot of ways American English looks weird to me, despite how long I've been on the net.
British English, which is the standard in New Zealand. In a lot of ways American English looks weird to me, despite how long I've been on the net.
ethanol_by_dislike_like-dbg3xow.png
‘Merican. I don’t think I have much of an accent, though. At least, I don’t know if I do or not!
‘Merican. I don’t think I have much of an accent, though. At least, I don’t know if I do or not!
mGBJ0tP.png
British English, always. And all the slang too.

I'm a British person who isn't exposed to a ton of American English so I still get confused when I see 'color' instead of 'colour'.

I have a very strong British accent to round it all off, so sometimes my friends try and mimic me and quite frankly it gets irritating after a while.
British English, always. And all the slang too.

I'm a British person who isn't exposed to a ton of American English so I still get confused when I see 'color' instead of 'colour'.

I have a very strong British accent to round it all off, so sometimes my friends try and mimic me and quite frankly it gets irritating after a while.
Yuck for Maladroid
Mjst3dY.giftumblr_mh8u2lVSY01qd20j8o1_250.gif
I speak mainly British English due to an unhealthy amount of time spent watching Monty Python.
I speak mainly British English due to an unhealthy amount of time spent watching Monty Python.
Aubergines are alienated from society
tumblr_om0s1zHcTf1sy66rfo1_r1_250.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8