Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anyone hate there name?
1 2 3 4 5 6
I hate my birthname so badly that I cringe when someone calls me it. It has a dumb meaning and its super feminine which I absolutely HATE.
I hate my birthname so badly that I cringe when someone calls me it. It has a dumb meaning and its super feminine which I absolutely HATE.
94gCA.gifIehlz.gifZsfOh.gifUsAd2.gif
1_orig.png
94gCA.gif
Yeah I hate my name tbh. Like both my first and middle names. My first is Summer which... I don’t really have a solid reason for disliking it; I just hate it tbh. I don’t even like the season itself that much and people make jokes out of it so often it’s annoying. My middle name is one of the feminine spellings of my dad’s name and I’m cutting ties with him as soon as I’m independent so,,, lmao I think that’s self-explanatory.

I finally settled on a name I like though!! I kinda hope to legally change my name to Amri at some point, since I like how it sounds and the meaning is kinda nice in any language and I’ve seen it used as both a boy and a girl name, so it’s less gendered than my current one which is nice bc I’m agender.

Aaaand I kinda rambled sorry
Yeah I hate my name tbh. Like both my first and middle names. My first is Summer which... I don’t really have a solid reason for disliking it; I just hate it tbh. I don’t even like the season itself that much and people make jokes out of it so often it’s annoying. My middle name is one of the feminine spellings of my dad’s name and I’m cutting ties with him as soon as I’m independent so,,, lmao I think that’s self-explanatory.

I finally settled on a name I like though!! I kinda hope to legally change my name to Amri at some point, since I like how it sounds and the meaning is kinda nice in any language and I’ve seen it used as both a boy and a girl name, so it’s less gendered than my current one which is nice bc I’m agender.

Aaaand I kinda rambled sorry
.............ZRFPHFU.png
Amri/Abyss || FR+3 || They/Them
zu5O19Q.png
Lore Thread || Tumblr || Toyhouse
zu5O19Q.png
Wish List || Goal List
DaxXxIb.png
I often dislike my name just because no one EVER says it right by reading, and no one spells it right by hearing it. Thankfully it's not horribly feminine, else I'd have changed it as soon as I was of age XD But then I remember something my parents told me and I feel better about it: They almost named me Mercedes. Bless my dad for changing my mom's mind XD
I often dislike my name just because no one EVER says it right by reading, and no one spells it right by hearing it. Thankfully it's not horribly feminine, else I'd have changed it as soon as I was of age XD But then I remember something my parents told me and I feel better about it: They almost named me Mercedes. Bless my dad for changing my mom's mind XD
**Please ping me Rahkali, not Rakhali!**

xxxxxx xxx xxxxx xxx xxxxxx xxxx x xxxxx xxxx x x xxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxx
z0HlerP.png
I don't necessarily hate my name, but unless you've met me before, you can't tell what my gender is. My name is Jordan. It's a gender neutral name. But most people assume I'm a guy unless I've told them my gender. The struggle is real.

And it doesn't help that I have a deepish voice for a girl, so over the phone, like with customer service and stuff, they assume I'm a man.
I don't necessarily hate my name, but unless you've met me before, you can't tell what my gender is. My name is Jordan. It's a gender neutral name. But most people assume I'm a guy unless I've told them my gender. The struggle is real.

And it doesn't help that I have a deepish voice for a girl, so over the phone, like with customer service and stuff, they assume I'm a man.
One of my mom's hobbies is constantly lamenting why she picked my birth name, because it's really old-school and she was "really good" at naming babies before my brother and I. Ironically i've come to terms with it because it's a greek name--still not over my second name though. It's Bernice. (Like, w h y mom)
One of my mom's hobbies is constantly lamenting why she picked my birth name, because it's really old-school and she was "really good" at naming babies before my brother and I. Ironically i've come to terms with it because it's a greek name--still not over my second name though. It's Bernice. (Like, w h y mom)
.- -. -.. | - .... .. ... | .- -. -.. | - .... .. ...
( T H I S | A N D | T H I S | A N D | T H I S )
S1RYPFw.png
My name is Ellynia, do you have any idea how many people mispronounce my name and misspell it?? Most of ya'll have decent names
My name is Ellynia, do you have any idea how many people mispronounce my name and misspell it?? Most of ya'll have decent names
Used to hat my name too. Its kind of a phase most of young people go through I've found. You're not alone. But like 99% will stop hating their name once they grow up. I don't even know when I stopped to hate mine but somewhere between 17 and 23 it happened.
Used to hat my name too. Its kind of a phase most of young people go through I've found. You're not alone. But like 99% will stop hating their name once they grow up. I don't even know when I stopped to hate mine but somewhere between 17 and 23 it happened.
[quote name="Jpysme" date=2017-11-15 22:26:45] I don't necessarily hate my name, but unless you've met me before, you can't tell what my gender is. My name is Jordan. It's a gender neutral name. But most people assume I'm a guy unless I've told them my gender. The struggle is real. And it doesn't help that I have a deepish voice for a girl, so over the phone, like with customer service and stuff, they assume I'm a man. [/quote] I've know a few people named Jordan one of them is a girl the other one is a boy. Apparently when I was younger (maybe 4 or 5?) I wanted to change my name because I didn't like it.
Jpysme wrote on 2017-11-15:

I've know a few people named Jordan one of them is a girl the other one is a boy.

Apparently when I was younger (maybe 4 or 5?) I wanted to change my name because I didn't like it.
3YVdS.gifnVsDK.giftkcez.gifbja3g.gifIzYqF.gif
This might get a little ranty....

I absolutely despise my given name. It's Shannon, for those who are wondering. It sounds so incredibly bland to me, and I've been mistaken for a guy multiple times because of it. Doesn't help my voice is deepish for a girl. I was always told it was a girl name but after quite a bit of digging, I found that it was originally a guy name.

And boy do I hate it. People are always misspelling it too.

I've just started going by Clover now. Introducing myself like that, etc etc. The only people who I haven't asked to be called that by are my close family. My mom would probably shun me for it.

No offense to anyone with the name Shannon of course. It just isn't a name for me.
This might get a little ranty....

I absolutely despise my given name. It's Shannon, for those who are wondering. It sounds so incredibly bland to me, and I've been mistaken for a guy multiple times because of it. Doesn't help my voice is deepish for a girl. I was always told it was a girl name but after quite a bit of digging, I found that it was originally a guy name.

And boy do I hate it. People are always misspelling it too.

I've just started going by Clover now. Introducing myself like that, etc etc. The only people who I haven't asked to be called that by are my close family. My mom would probably shun me for it.

No offense to anyone with the name Shannon of course. It just isn't a name for me.
qvTNuJR.png

~

·

MUYNhfy.png
G8AyR6r.png
0HBKL8H.png
mlHpBMC.png

·

~
x5p5Lqa.png hzJoCvj.png
My birth name is Clarissa which apparently means "bright, clear, or famous" according to Wikipedia. I hate how it sounds, I hate that it's a girl's name, and I hate being a girl in general x_x

That's why my signature says my name is Lance. It sounds much better AND it's a guy's name.
My birth name is Clarissa which apparently means "bright, clear, or famous" according to Wikipedia. I hate how it sounds, I hate that it's a girl's name, and I hate being a girl in general x_x

That's why my signature says my name is Lance. It sounds much better AND it's a guy's name.
i really like star wars ok
1 2 3 4 5 6