Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What was your first anime?
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
Pokemon was my first. I branched out to Hamtaro in fourth and fifth grade. Then it was anime such as Tokyo Mew Mew, InuYasha and Ouran High School Host Club. The first two I found thanks to my first best friend. Tokyo Mew Mew I ironically found on a HSM2 AMV (Bop to the Top has never been so cute!), and the final two were introduced to me by more friends.

I... still think they're all good ;//u//; Minus Pokemon, of course. Once Misty left, and May and Max eventually departed, it hasn't been the same.
Pokemon was my first. I branched out to Hamtaro in fourth and fifth grade. Then it was anime such as Tokyo Mew Mew, InuYasha and Ouran High School Host Club. The first two I found thanks to my first best friend. Tokyo Mew Mew I ironically found on a HSM2 AMV (Bop to the Top has never been so cute!), and the final two were introduced to me by more friends.

I... still think they're all good ;//u//; Minus Pokemon, of course. Once Misty left, and May and Max eventually departed, it hasn't been the same.
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥

Sarah
Wife, Mama and Christian
+ 3 hrs FR Time

Seeking 10/22 Fem Dragon!
my first anime was technically Robotech??
my first anime was technically Robotech??
tumblr_o5605efB1r1rdx0h0o7_540.gif
I would say Pokemon, but considering I didn't even know what anime was back then, I'm not counting it. My first anime I ever watched was Noragami.
I would say Pokemon, but considering I didn't even know what anime was back then, I'm not counting it. My first anime I ever watched was Noragami.
My first anime was either Hamtaro or Pokemon. My mom or brother probably put it on. I still like them but I can't remember what Hamtaro was about because I only watched it as a toddler.
My first anime was either Hamtaro or Pokemon. My mom or brother probably put it on. I still like them but I can't remember what Hamtaro was about because I only watched it as a toddler.
Naruto . . . Ahhh, memories
But I started watching that alongside Full Metal Alchemist, so it's a tie between the two on whichever one I started watching first rip
Naruto . . . Ahhh, memories
But I started watching that alongside Full Metal Alchemist, so it's a tie between the two on whichever one I started watching first rip
Beyond the Boundary. Best anime ever in my opinion.
Beyond the Boundary. Best anime ever in my opinion.
Waystone1.gif
Sailor Moon, Dragonball Z, Pokemon pretty much. They used to show on early morning television when I was 9-10 dubbed in english. I'm also pretty sure I remember seeing an episode of Ranma 1/2 when I was like 9 or so. It was in Chinese though, my uncle had the Chinese dubbed version and I remember watching it while visiting his house once. I didn't know until much later, middle school or so what it was though.

Granted, I still watch sailor moon though I watch the subbed versions now. American television stopped dubbed sailor moon at super S so I watched it up until middle school when they used to show S, SuperS on toonami.

Sailor Moon, Dragonball Z, Pokemon pretty much. They used to show on early morning television when I was 9-10 dubbed in english. I'm also pretty sure I remember seeing an episode of Ranma 1/2 when I was like 9 or so. It was in Chinese though, my uncle had the Chinese dubbed version and I remember watching it while visiting his house once. I didn't know until much later, middle school or so what it was though.

Granted, I still watch sailor moon though I watch the subbed versions now. American television stopped dubbed sailor moon at super S so I watched it up until middle school when they used to show S, SuperS on toonami.

Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.- Le petit prince.
Pokemon, like most other people, although I think my uncle used to put Speed Racer reruns on a few times when I was a kid, and I didn't know what it was. Digimon, Cardcaptor Sakura, and Dragonball Z are fond memories of childhood.

When I got older I also grew up with Bleach, Naruto and One Piece, but they got WAY too long for me (OP especially).

Recently I'm catching up and enjoying Naruto and its spinoffs, and I'm surprised I genuinely enjoy Boruto! (Even if it was Mitsuki who drew me back in) I've only seen Pokemon Generations recently and enjoyed them a lot. Bleach I'm getting back into as well for a few characters.
Pokemon, like most other people, although I think my uncle used to put Speed Racer reruns on a few times when I was a kid, and I didn't know what it was. Digimon, Cardcaptor Sakura, and Dragonball Z are fond memories of childhood.

When I got older I also grew up with Bleach, Naruto and One Piece, but they got WAY too long for me (OP especially).

Recently I'm catching up and enjoying Naruto and its spinoffs, and I'm surprised I genuinely enjoy Boruto! (Even if it was Mitsuki who drew me back in) I've only seen Pokemon Generations recently and enjoyed them a lot. Bleach I'm getting back into as well for a few characters.
TpO8tYR.png912ee11232d0_kamikaze1.pngDgJuZtv.pngDmRdZYl.png
What was the first anime you ever watched?
I watched Sailor Moon a lot as a kid, and then after that it was probably Inu-Yasha.

Do you still think it is good?
I wouldn't objectively tell people they have the best storylines or anything, but I still enjoy going back from time to time and watching some of both shows, so that means they are good in their own way.

How did you find out about it?
Sailor Moon I just saw on TV one day, and one of my friends in elementary school also watched it so we would talk about it and pretend to be Sailor Senshi at recess. Inu-Yasha... I don't really remember how I found out about that one.
I watched Sailor Moon a lot as a kid, and then after that it was probably Inu-Yasha.

I wouldn't objectively tell people they have the best storylines or anything, but I still enjoy going back from time to time and watching some of both shows, so that means they are good in their own way.

Sailor Moon I just saw on TV one day, and one of my friends in elementary school also watched it so we would talk about it and pretend to be Sailor Senshi at recess. Inu-Yasha... I don't really remember how I found out about that one.
Meli | FR+2 | There is no light in me.
E2jK9bv.png
It was most likely Pokemon/Digimon/DBZ/Yu-Gi-Oh (I honestly cannot tell you which one came first haha, I was real young). But at the time I didn't realize it was anime. What got me into anime was when I started watching Tokyo Mew Mew and Kamichama Karin in middle school, so I consider those two my "first anime"

All of them are good
all of them

Like I said, I was real young with the first group. I want to say that it was because of my cousins and some school peers because they had the games and cards and whatnot and I really wanted to understand the story so I started watching the shows.
But my true anime phase didn't start until middle school when a group of friends would let me borrow Tokyo Mew Mew and Kamichama Karin manga and I found the animes online and there was no turning back. no regrets.
It was most likely Pokemon/Digimon/DBZ/Yu-Gi-Oh (I honestly cannot tell you which one came first haha, I was real young). But at the time I didn't realize it was anime. What got me into anime was when I started watching Tokyo Mew Mew and Kamichama Karin in middle school, so I consider those two my "first anime"

All of them are good
all of them

Like I said, I was real young with the first group. I want to say that it was because of my cousins and some school peers because they had the games and cards and whatnot and I really wanted to understand the story so I started watching the shows.
But my true anime phase didn't start until middle school when a group of friends would let me borrow Tokyo Mew Mew and Kamichama Karin manga and I found the animes online and there was no turning back. no regrets.
Please ping me! c:
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12