Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | favorite skyrim npc(s)?
1 2 3 4 5 6
Borgakh the Steel Heart

Edit:
That being said, though, most of the NPCs, to me, are... very hard to care about. Skyrim has a fantastic world to explore and gameplay is fun and easy, but it's storylines and characters are very much lacking. Because of that, I have to make things up about my favorite characters all the time ahah. I guess some people like that, but sometimes it feels,,, empty.
Borgakh the Steel Heart

Edit:
That being said, though, most of the NPCs, to me, are... very hard to care about. Skyrim has a fantastic world to explore and gameplay is fun and easy, but it's storylines and characters are very much lacking. Because of that, I have to make things up about my favorite characters all the time ahah. I guess some people like that, but sometimes it feels,,, empty.
4e48afae7ea64e587fff31cf892fcf9de1d76c3a.png
Critter Adopts
The acorn beckons
Divider-Branch4.png
33341.png Horsiesmall.png
@SpicyDoggo
Hi my name is enoby dark'ness dementia raven way my dad is a master vampire and i have an elder scroll and long black hair and i'm soooo deep DADDY ISSUES AAAAAA I'M PROBABLY GONNA FUSE WITH THE NUMIDIUM BECAUSE EVERYTHING'S ABOUT ME

(At least i had a mod that let me keep multiple followers at once, so i could still have Teldryn's amusing glitchy shenanigans to keep me sane... ish. Otherwise i probably would have cheated Serana mortal and murdered every character in the expansion in the first 10 minutes.)
@SpicyDoggo
Hi my name is enoby dark'ness dementia raven way my dad is a master vampire and i have an elder scroll and long black hair and i'm soooo deep DADDY ISSUES AAAAAA I'M PROBABLY GONNA FUSE WITH THE NUMIDIUM BECAUSE EVERYTHING'S ABOUT ME

(At least i had a mod that let me keep multiple followers at once, so i could still have Teldryn's amusing glitchy shenanigans to keep me sane... ish. Otherwise i probably would have cheated Serana mortal and murdered every character in the expansion in the first 10 minutes.)
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
@spicydoggo ooh nice !!! i do have the dlc but i havent gotten far on it tbh,, next time i go to solstheim ill keep an eye out for him though !! + thats such a good line ooh ??? and oh mood honestly !! i think the one where you have to change the sizes until it balances it out has always tripped me up the most tho.

and same abt erandur !! the only time i killed him was because i wanted the oblivion walker achievement. + im not sure now that i think about it ?? i dont remember any dunmer being available but to be fair on most of my files i tend to go for either onmund or marcurio.

@ragnarok42 ooh all of those are so cool !!

and @ both of you i feel you abt serana,, shes not always That bad imo but a real pain since i usually have to kick off one of my followers to make room for her, and usually she ends up killing onmund after one too many chain lightning spells rip.

@paranatural ooh i dont think ive ever met him but based on his wiki he sounds cool (+ nice un ! i really love pnat, altho i havent caught up in a bit) !
@spicydoggo ooh nice !!! i do have the dlc but i havent gotten far on it tbh,, next time i go to solstheim ill keep an eye out for him though !! + thats such a good line ooh ??? and oh mood honestly !! i think the one where you have to change the sizes until it balances it out has always tripped me up the most tho.

and same abt erandur !! the only time i killed him was because i wanted the oblivion walker achievement. + im not sure now that i think about it ?? i dont remember any dunmer being available but to be fair on most of my files i tend to go for either onmund or marcurio.

@ragnarok42 ooh all of those are so cool !!

and @ both of you i feel you abt serana,, shes not always That bad imo but a real pain since i usually have to kick off one of my followers to make room for her, and usually she ends up killing onmund after one too many chain lightning spells rip.

@paranatural ooh i dont think ive ever met him but based on his wiki he sounds cool (+ nice un ! i really love pnat, altho i havent caught up in a bit) !
'_'7
@Ragnarok42

Dude you're killing me, do you mind if I use that dialogue cause damn there's a drawing I have to make now.

I wish I could have had mods back then (PS3 rip) I at least wish she wasn't essential after the quests cause I would have had a fun time offing her. Tbh I'm really not a fan of any of the characters in that dlc, I mean, you've got the edge lord vampires and the equally edge lord Dawnguard...I really like vampire lord abilities but sometimes I ask myself is it really worth it?
@Ragnarok42

Dude you're killing me, do you mind if I use that dialogue cause damn there's a drawing I have to make now.

I wish I could have had mods back then (PS3 rip) I at least wish she wasn't essential after the quests cause I would have had a fun time offing her. Tbh I'm really not a fan of any of the characters in that dlc, I mean, you've got the edge lord vampires and the equally edge lord Dawnguard...I really like vampire lord abilities but sometimes I ask myself is it really worth it?
OddOz
"My peace has always depended on the ashes in my wake"
-Hozier Arsonist's Lullaby
cRiDBwF.png
@SpicyDoggo
I honestly just got it for the mod compatibility so i could run the Wheels of Lull. And go ahead, my purpose of being is to inspire as many memes as possible.
@SpicyDoggo
I honestly just got it for the mod compatibility so i could run the Wheels of Lull. And go ahead, my purpose of being is to inspire as many memes as possible.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
@heartmages

He's in Ravenrock so he shouldn't be too hard to find, honestly I hate travelling there before I'm level 40 because those dang burnt spriggans get my rogues more often then not rip.

That part was really confusing for me too, I really didn't use staves very much either so it was weird wielding one for the time being.

Okay so this is a known exploit buuttt, if you want to get the achievement next time and not kill him you can get both hircines ring and armor and you can get the achievement because it count a each item as a separate artifact. Its a really odd exploit that I don't really know how to explain but if you look it up it isn't terribly hard to follow if I recall correctly.

Oh my gosh marcurio is one of the best mage followers imo! I've had him become my steward before, I really like him! I also really enjoy Riften so I run into him a lot in my playthroughs. I usually just marry Farkas cause I enjoy that he's kind of a large doofus and also a softie? Also his voice is A+ and he's a pretty good follower matchup for my mage character haha.

@heartmages

He's in Ravenrock so he shouldn't be too hard to find, honestly I hate travelling there before I'm level 40 because those dang burnt spriggans get my rogues more often then not rip.

That part was really confusing for me too, I really didn't use staves very much either so it was weird wielding one for the time being.

Okay so this is a known exploit buuttt, if you want to get the achievement next time and not kill him you can get both hircines ring and armor and you can get the achievement because it count a each item as a separate artifact. Its a really odd exploit that I don't really know how to explain but if you look it up it isn't terribly hard to follow if I recall correctly.

Oh my gosh marcurio is one of the best mage followers imo! I've had him become my steward before, I really like him! I also really enjoy Riften so I run into him a lot in my playthroughs. I usually just marry Farkas cause I enjoy that he's kind of a large doofus and also a softie? Also his voice is A+ and he's a pretty good follower matchup for my mage character haha.

OddOz
cRiDBwF.png
@spicydoggo ooh ill have to look around for him then ! unless im remembering wrong i for some reason havent really gone into raven rock.

and i think ive heard of that ! at the time of learning about it though i had already finished hircines quest iirc. but i probably will look into it, since those exploits are pretty interesting tbh.

nice !! i think the first time i married him i just wanted to get married quickly, but he honestly grows on you tbh + same !! riftens one of the areas i go through usually towards the beginning, since it has the thieves guild. and ive never married farkas, but i do enjoy him as a character !! i just dont do the companions questline often (esp w the dawnguard dlc, since you usually end up going between werewolf and vampire a lot), besides usually being already married by then.
@spicydoggo ooh ill have to look around for him then ! unless im remembering wrong i for some reason havent really gone into raven rock.

and i think ive heard of that ! at the time of learning about it though i had already finished hircines quest iirc. but i probably will look into it, since those exploits are pretty interesting tbh.

nice !! i think the first time i married him i just wanted to get married quickly, but he honestly grows on you tbh + same !! riftens one of the areas i go through usually towards the beginning, since it has the thieves guild. and ive never married farkas, but i do enjoy him as a character !! i just dont do the companions questline often (esp w the dawnguard dlc, since you usually end up going between werewolf and vampire a lot), besides usually being already married by then.
'_'7
@heartmages I have 10+ characters and have beaten the game multiple times without exploits so sometimes I mess around with certain exploits on my old PS3 version of the game because I'm usually just looking to have a lore based character and kind of role play through the game just for fun. But if you ever make more characters and want the achievement without killing him that that particular exploit is the way to go! He's got some great dialogue and isn't unattractive which doesn't matter much but some of the marriage options...some of them I just..eehhhh...looking at you Octieve [img]https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/elderscrolls/images/3/35/Octieve_San.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111117083358.png[/img] Riftens just so pretty and it has a bunch of those lovely birch trees, always looks like fall and I love all the mentions of honey and fishing. I do enjoy the thieves guild a lot so I too spend quite a bit of time there! A loonng time ago I had a character and I wanted to get every achievement with her, so I had to complete all the werewolf perks and all the vampire lord perks, however in her lore I wanted to keep her a werewolf. Since I started out as a werewolf I did the quest to become a vampire lord and once I got all the perks there I went back and became a werewolf under the skyforge lol it took quite a while but I managed to to it. I've done the companions questline and it's not terribly fun anymore, also for lore purposes I have to usually stick to one guild and it's most likely the thieves guild so same there haha! It's hard going back and fourth between the Dawnguard vampire stuff and the companions quests, but it's also hard for me at least to pick one or the other.
@heartmages

I have 10+ characters and have beaten the game multiple times without exploits so sometimes I mess around with certain exploits on my old PS3 version of the game because I'm usually just looking to have a lore based character and kind of role play through the game just for fun. But if you ever make more characters and want the achievement without killing him that that particular exploit is the way to go!

He's got some great dialogue and isn't unattractive which doesn't matter much but some of the marriage options...some of them I just..eehhhh...looking at you Octieve

latest?cb=20111117083358.png

Riftens just so pretty and it has a bunch of those lovely birch trees, always looks like fall and I love all the mentions of honey and fishing. I do enjoy the thieves guild a lot so I too spend quite a bit of time there!

A loonng time ago I had a character and I wanted to get every achievement with her, so I had to complete all the werewolf perks and all the vampire lord perks, however in her lore I wanted to keep her a werewolf. Since I started out as a werewolf I did the quest to become a vampire lord and once I got all the perks there I went back and became a werewolf under the skyforge lol it took quite a while but I managed to to it. I've done the companions questline and it's not terribly fun anymore, also for lore purposes I have to usually stick to one guild and it's most likely the thieves guild so same there haha! It's hard going back and fourth between the Dawnguard vampire stuff and the companions quests, but it's also hard for me at least to pick one or the other.
OddOz
cRiDBwF.png
@spicydoggo ooh ill have to mess around with exploits sometime ! i usually prefer to go through clean(?) but id definitely rather use an exploit than have to kill erandur tbh.

and yeah i agree honestly,,, hes definitely one of the more attractive candidates + i honestly had him pegged differently at first (idr what the vibe i got from him was but) so it was pretty interesting hearing how his dialogue contrasted that ?? + oh mood lmao. i married octieve once for some unfortunate reason and at the very least hes not rude but hes definitely not eye candy rip.

and ooh nice !! it is one of the prettier skyrim locations, altho my faves would have to be whiterun and ancestor glade. i also really like the characters there - imo you kind of get more of a feel for the life there than you do for most other cities ?

dang,, ive never really gone through those perk trees but that sounds tough !! + honestly i dont play my characters super lore-heavy, but to be fair i also dont like leaving quests undone in the journal (occasionally it glitches and gives me a quest ive already done, so i cant complete it to get it gone and i Die).
@spicydoggo ooh ill have to mess around with exploits sometime ! i usually prefer to go through clean(?) but id definitely rather use an exploit than have to kill erandur tbh.

and yeah i agree honestly,,, hes definitely one of the more attractive candidates + i honestly had him pegged differently at first (idr what the vibe i got from him was but) so it was pretty interesting hearing how his dialogue contrasted that ?? + oh mood lmao. i married octieve once for some unfortunate reason and at the very least hes not rude but hes definitely not eye candy rip.

and ooh nice !! it is one of the prettier skyrim locations, altho my faves would have to be whiterun and ancestor glade. i also really like the characters there - imo you kind of get more of a feel for the life there than you do for most other cities ?

dang,, ive never really gone through those perk trees but that sounds tough !! + honestly i dont play my characters super lore-heavy, but to be fair i also dont like leaving quests undone in the journal (occasionally it glitches and gives me a quest ive already done, so i cant complete it to get it gone and i Die).
'_'7
@Quadruped

The towns feeling empty is actually something I've noticed having put hundreds of hours into the game. Literally, the NPC density lowers as you progress. The first time you visit a town, it's bustling with activity. As you begin completing quests in that town, people tend to leave or are killed. Whiterun, for example. Say it's a Stormcloak character and you complete the Civil War quest there and Vignar takes over, and you've also completed the Companions quest line. That's 4 people permanently removed just from the Companions Hall, and about two to three more from Whiterun as a whole, just from those quests.

Adding to that, if you give Sadia to the Redguards and do the Dark Brotherhood quests, and help the Gray-Manes, Whiterun is a GHOST TOWN.
@Quadruped

The towns feeling empty is actually something I've noticed having put hundreds of hours into the game. Literally, the NPC density lowers as you progress. The first time you visit a town, it's bustling with activity. As you begin completing quests in that town, people tend to leave or are killed. Whiterun, for example. Say it's a Stormcloak character and you complete the Civil War quest there and Vignar takes over, and you've also completed the Companions quest line. That's 4 people permanently removed just from the Companions Hall, and about two to three more from Whiterun as a whole, just from those quests.

Adding to that, if you give Sadia to the Redguards and do the Dark Brotherhood quests, and help the Gray-Manes, Whiterun is a GHOST TOWN.
V8GfXRi.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6