Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Is FR loosing its appeal?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31 32
My main gripe is that the game payouts are way too low compared to marketplace prices. I need to play shock switch for four hours to hit the cap. Four hours. Shock switch is...an ok game but even four hours of a wonderful game will make me get sick of it really really fast.

I don't think I've played any of the fairgrounds games since the first month I came online. I want to buy clothing and things for my dragons and maybe gene my progens into something nice but when I'd need like a million treasure and generally only earn 10-20k per day it can get a little discouraging.

Either drop the market prices or increase game payout. Seriously it's like the staff is allergic to the idea of users actually making treasure.
My main gripe is that the game payouts are way too low compared to marketplace prices. I need to play shock switch for four hours to hit the cap. Four hours. Shock switch is...an ok game but even four hours of a wonderful game will make me get sick of it really really fast.

I don't think I've played any of the fairgrounds games since the first month I came online. I want to buy clothing and things for my dragons and maybe gene my progens into something nice but when I'd need like a million treasure and generally only earn 10-20k per day it can get a little discouraging.

Either drop the market prices or increase game payout. Seriously it's like the staff is allergic to the idea of users actually making treasure.
Still selling dragons for far more than exalt prices, even if it takes time, but it is dulling as friends are quitting. I'm patient and hoarding random items, familiars, etc.

Right now,I wish they'd remove the exalt bonuses. It is what has caused the widespread tanking we see right now in the AH.
Still selling dragons for far more than exalt prices, even if it takes time, but it is dulling as friends are quitting. I'm patient and hoarding random items, familiars, etc.

Right now,I wish they'd remove the exalt bonuses. It is what has caused the widespread tanking we see right now in the AH.
@shivaesyke How are exalt bonuses causing tanking that would not have happened anyway? (I'm legit asking, it doesn't make sense to me.)
@shivaesyke How are exalt bonuses causing tanking that would not have happened anyway? (I'm legit asking, it doesn't make sense to me.)
HEPmLsK.png
I only started playing in October, but I'm very content. FR is a young site with a lot of potential, and I'm excited to see where it goes and how it develops. In the mean time I'm happy to be patient while it finds its feet. I routinely sell my dragons for good prices so I've never understood the complaints about the economy.
I only started playing in October, but I'm very content. FR is a young site with a lot of potential, and I'm excited to see where it goes and how it develops. In the mean time I'm happy to be patient while it finds its feet. I routinely sell my dragons for good prices so I've never understood the complaints about the economy.
In some ways it has lost its appeal. I joined at the very end of june, and has ever since always been on the broken ladder - whatever I invested in would never pay itself back. Couple that with the Thrage and Ice drama, and I was very, very close to leaving at one point.

But I've since changed attitues a bit, and is now focusing on breeding forth specific dragon colorations, while interacting with the community. The market is wonderful when you want to find dragons for a project, and there is definely still dragons that sell. The community is also on of Flight Risings strong points: active, talkative and generally nice, especially since the drama has calmed down.
In some ways it has lost its appeal. I joined at the very end of june, and has ever since always been on the broken ladder - whatever I invested in would never pay itself back. Couple that with the Thrage and Ice drama, and I was very, very close to leaving at one point.

But I've since changed attitues a bit, and is now focusing on breeding forth specific dragon colorations, while interacting with the community. The market is wonderful when you want to find dragons for a project, and there is definely still dragons that sell. The community is also on of Flight Risings strong points: active, talkative and generally nice, especially since the drama has calmed down.
Hmm. Allow me to pick your brain a bit, see what information I can bring back to the team. :)

1. Fairgrounds treasure adjustment - how long does it normally take you to make the cap?

2. Coliseum - would adjusting the rewards to a guaranteed food drop help?

3. Dragons - would additional colors, on top of genes, help?

4. Would more details on features we fully intend on getting to you (but without a guaranteed schedule) help keep your interest?

Thank you! ♥

Follow up questions/clarifications!
Hmm. Allow me to pick your brain a bit, see what information I can bring back to the team. :)

1. Fairgrounds treasure adjustment - how long does it normally take you to make the cap?

2. Coliseum - would adjusting the rewards to a guaranteed food drop help?

3. Dragons - would additional colors, on top of genes, help?

4. Would more details on features we fully intend on getting to you (but without a guaranteed schedule) help keep your interest?

Thank you! ♥

Follow up questions/clarifications!
My interest in this website comes in waves. I'll be really into FR for several weeks, doing all the dailies, grinding in the Coli. If I suddenly become too busy or have little to no internet access for a couple days in a row (or if FR starts lagging again), my interest in the website will dwindle and I'll only log on to feed everyone and maybe gather. This phase will go on for several more weeks, then my interest will suddenly pick up again and I'll be back to full activity (usually around the festivals).

Regarding dragon prices being at the lowest they've ever been: I read somewhere (might have been a Tumblr post by Undel) that selling dragons wasn't intended to be the main source of income in the first place? I do agree that we need more ways of gaining treasure, though. I'm not really into breeding and my current art commission queue doesn't leave much room for offering them here. Maybe if they added more incentive to exalt all the extra dragons (raise the payouts?) and thus increase prices a little bit.

This site is still very new, after all. If you look at other pet sites like Neopets and Subeta, it literally took them years to become the solid games that they are now.
My interest in this website comes in waves. I'll be really into FR for several weeks, doing all the dailies, grinding in the Coli. If I suddenly become too busy or have little to no internet access for a couple days in a row (or if FR starts lagging again), my interest in the website will dwindle and I'll only log on to feed everyone and maybe gather. This phase will go on for several more weeks, then my interest will suddenly pick up again and I'll be back to full activity (usually around the festivals).

Regarding dragon prices being at the lowest they've ever been: I read somewhere (might have been a Tumblr post by Undel) that selling dragons wasn't intended to be the main source of income in the first place? I do agree that we need more ways of gaining treasure, though. I'm not really into breeding and my current art commission queue doesn't leave much room for offering them here. Maybe if they added more incentive to exalt all the extra dragons (raise the payouts?) and thus increase prices a little bit.

This site is still very new, after all. If you look at other pet sites like Neopets and Subeta, it literally took them years to become the solid games that they are now.
I make adoptables. Click on the Spiral for info! 5754843.png
@Aequorin I'd be so hype to see more oranges and yellows added.
@Aequorin I'd be so hype to see more oranges and yellows added.
tumblr_inline_nnnkgu0nhK1t8x5hx_540.png
Guaranteed food drop in the coli, you say? There is not enough YES in the world.
Guaranteed food drop in the coli, you say? There is not enough YES in the world.
Nope, the site is still as fun (if not more- in fact, probably more) than it was since it opened, at least for me. I will admit to being easily impressed though. I haven't had any goals on here since I started, and my clan is still only 3 pages long and will stay that way (I have maybe 10 keeper dragons). The game has never lost any appeal for me because its my way of de-stressing at the end of the day. I am excited for the new features, but I'd honestly still play even if this was as far as the admins took the site. I love FR~
Nope, the site is still as fun (if not more- in fact, probably more) than it was since it opened, at least for me. I will admit to being easily impressed though. I haven't had any goals on here since I started, and my clan is still only 3 pages long and will stay that way (I have maybe 10 keeper dragons). The game has never lost any appeal for me because its my way of de-stressing at the end of the day. I am excited for the new features, but I'd honestly still play even if this was as far as the admins took the site. I love FR~
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31 32