Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | ASMR?
1 2
have any of you ever experienced ASMR? have you ever heard of it?

i found out about it a few years ago and have been using it as a relaxation method ever since. i'll put on a soft-spoken or whispering video when i'm doing things on photoshop or writing lore.

ASMR is Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response and it's usually a tingly sensation in your shoulders, back, neck, head, scalp, etc, that can take place in all or just a few of those locations. it happens when you watch certain movements, hear certain sounds, or listen to certain types of speaking. it can happen from crinkling plastic bags, keyboard noises, really anything. there's a whole community dedicated to relaxation on YouTube, they are content creators called ASMRtists (pronounced at the end sort of like artists).

just thought i would poke around and see if it's a well known thing, or if people didn't know it had a name. when i first felt it i had no idea it was a real, documented feeling or that it even had a name. i found out about it by accident.

Font color changed per the CoC. Please do not use overly light or bright font, especially when the size is dropped. This makes it hard for people to read. Thank you!
have any of you ever experienced ASMR? have you ever heard of it?

i found out about it a few years ago and have been using it as a relaxation method ever since. i'll put on a soft-spoken or whispering video when i'm doing things on photoshop or writing lore.

ASMR is Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response and it's usually a tingly sensation in your shoulders, back, neck, head, scalp, etc, that can take place in all or just a few of those locations. it happens when you watch certain movements, hear certain sounds, or listen to certain types of speaking. it can happen from crinkling plastic bags, keyboard noises, really anything. there's a whole community dedicated to relaxation on YouTube, they are content creators called ASMRtists (pronounced at the end sort of like artists).

just thought i would poke around and see if it's a well known thing, or if people didn't know it had a name. when i first felt it i had no idea it was a real, documented feeling or that it even had a name. i found out about it by accident.

Font color changed per the CoC. Please do not use overly light or bright font, especially when the size is dropped. This makes it hard for people to read. Thank you!
gLbZUkF.pngTz9zkEa.pngoDxwf8B.pngCeXKCTs.pngE3MZdaA.png5A0cdTf.pngFpoRwnO.pngwTBPG5s.png2k8ttL0.pngWRPJKhj.png
v8f8ZKI.png
I had never heard of this before today..
I had never heard of this before today..

♥ May the Gladekeeper forever keep you safe. ♥
@sangobacow
PaI4dmB.png
@sangobacow
it's strange at first! some people can feel it, some can't. but it produces this absolutely wonderful calming effect, it helps me sleep. some people make ASMR videos specifically for those with depression, anxiety, migraines, and PTSD to help them get to sleep.
@sangobacow
it's strange at first! some people can feel it, some can't. but it produces this absolutely wonderful calming effect, it helps me sleep. some people make ASMR videos specifically for those with depression, anxiety, migraines, and PTSD to help them get to sleep.
gLbZUkF.pngTz9zkEa.pngoDxwf8B.pngCeXKCTs.pngE3MZdaA.png5A0cdTf.pngFpoRwnO.pngwTBPG5s.png2k8ttL0.pngWRPJKhj.png
v8f8ZKI.png
I get it when I "hear" a "texture." I'm not sure how else to put it. So the crinkling of something, or someone running their hand or something else over certain textures is what does it for me. Just rubbing your hand over a microphone works too. Just thinking about it gives me the tingles all over my head. I have no reaction whatsoever to whispers or soft soothing voices.
I get it when I "hear" a "texture." I'm not sure how else to put it. So the crinkling of something, or someone running their hand or something else over certain textures is what does it for me. Just rubbing your hand over a microphone works too. Just thinking about it gives me the tingles all over my head. I have no reaction whatsoever to whispers or soft soothing voices.
8Wxihjh.gift5oQ2Gh.png
I used to get the sensation before I knew about the youtube trend, but now that it's out there it makes it a lot easier to coax that kind of relaxation time out. Before I knew the name for it I'd just make little playlists of videos that did it for me without knowing what it was or why they did. :v
I used to get the sensation before I knew about the youtube trend, but now that it's out there it makes it a lot easier to coax that kind of relaxation time out. Before I knew the name for it I'd just make little playlists of videos that did it for me without knowing what it was or why they did. :v
it/its please
The whispering videos make me super uncomfortable, but I like paper crinkling and keyboard clicking!
The whispering videos make me super uncomfortable, but I like paper crinkling and keyboard clicking!
WHO_IS_THIS_MAN.gif
I do get a tingly feeling in my neck/back of my throat when I hear certain sounds, but it's super uncomfortable for me! I didn't know there were people who liked that, it's interesting. :0
I do get a tingly feeling in my neck/back of my throat when I hear certain sounds, but it's super uncomfortable for me! I didn't know there were people who liked that, it's interesting. :0
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do4_500.png
@Viiscus
Yep I'm quite a fan; as well as experiencing tingles it helps me fall asleep and when my anxiety gets the better of me, some videos can help me calm down too. ^_^ I've been listening to ASMR for probably about a year and a half now.
I enjoy delicate crinkling, tapping and breathing/ soft speaking videos. Some roleplays are great too.

I follow several people on youtube as well as having go-to videos I like to fall asleep listening to.
If you're interested, here's a couple I love:
Paper & origami sounds - Hatomugi ASMR
Relaxation/ Visualisation to stop overthinking - TheOneLillium ASMR
Rain imitation/tapping & whispering - Massage ASMR

Do you have any favourite triggers/ videos/ ASMR artists?
@Viiscus
Yep I'm quite a fan; as well as experiencing tingles it helps me fall asleep and when my anxiety gets the better of me, some videos can help me calm down too. ^_^ I've been listening to ASMR for probably about a year and a half now.
I enjoy delicate crinkling, tapping and breathing/ soft speaking videos. Some roleplays are great too.

I follow several people on youtube as well as having go-to videos I like to fall asleep listening to.
If you're interested, here's a couple I love:
Paper & origami sounds - Hatomugi ASMR
Relaxation/ Visualisation to stop overthinking - TheOneLillium ASMR
Rain imitation/tapping & whispering - Massage ASMR

Do you have any favourite triggers/ videos/ ASMR artists?
tDAcVLz.png
Is it just me, or am I the only person who doesn't experience ASMR?
Is it just me, or am I the only person who doesn't experience ASMR?
auditory stims are my FAVE i love crunching, tapping, cards shuffling, and crinkling paper or brushes against the mic!
auditory stims are my FAVE i love crunching, tapping, cards shuffling, and crinkling paper or brushes against the mic!
DlO6vXs.gif 06xk8gV.png
mtHAEL4.png
Pgv53XB.png
JvUa9ma.png
tumblr_o2cz2wpVic1uzosdmo5_r1_400.png
1 2