Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Thunderborn skin
1 2
[quote name="kerru" date="2014-01-27 12:00:48"] What a joke, I have yet to see such kindness on here. Unless I am proven wrong, my view of the community won't ever be any different. This was just a futile hope of perhaps that might change. My 800k skin is gone....And again, I am alone to deal with how cruel people can truly be.[/quote] how are people cruel for jumping on a cheap skin that you made a mistake on whenever I go to post something expensive, I double and triple check cut your losses and move on, you can't get angry with the -community- just because it can't read your mind that you didn't mean to price the skin for that amount
kerru wrote on 2014-01-27 12:00:48:
What a joke, I have yet to see such kindness on here. Unless I am proven wrong, my view of the community won't ever be any different. This was just a futile hope of perhaps that might change. My 800k skin is gone....And again, I am alone to deal with how cruel people can truly be.

how are people cruel for jumping on a cheap skin that you made a mistake on

whenever I go to post something expensive, I double and triple check

cut your losses and move on, you can't get angry with the -community- just because it can't read your mind that you didn't mean to price the skin for that amount
Just for the record- when I saw your post, I immediately went to my hoard to check if I had one of those skins. I hadn't bought yours, but I was going to check if I had one to give to you anyways. Just because I could. And if I had had one, I would have sent it to you right then and there /just because I am a nice person/ I've sent food to people who accidentally sold their instead of converting it, I've given away more free dragons than I've sold. Besides all of the kindness and help that Vendrus pointed out, I thought I'd bring you a bit more. [quote name="SilveredFox" date="2013-06-15 05:11:20"]I had thought there was a log somewhere (like in the message that you bought such and such item from so and so since it says who was selling it when you go to buy) Is there any way to currently find out? I purchased a lot of two of an under-priced item just 10 minutes ago and figured I'd find the seller and return them if it was a typo sale, but now I can't figure out who it was! If you did just sell a mispriced item, PM me I might have been the person to grab it. I would like to return them or at least offer a fairer price as that was my original intention anyways, but I need to be able to find you x.x I figured a forum post was the best way to maybe find them! [/quote] [quote name="Renata" date="2014-01-21 12:34:05"][b]This isn't an advertising post. I'm trying to find a person to return an item to.[/b] I'm looking for the user who was selling an Electrician's Power Pack in the Auction House for a very cheap amount. I believe they missed typing a 0 and bought the item intending to send it back to the person, but I forgot that when you buy an item it's automatically removed, so I didn't save the person's name first. ;_; If the player sees this could they please message me with the amount they had the item in the Auction House for so I know they're the actual seller? I'd like to get this back to them. If I don't hear from them within a few days I'll assume they don't frequent the boards and will sell the item. If you think you know the person please direct them to me. Thank you![/quote] [quote name="Tinylongwing" date="2013-10-06 18:36:41"]@ InkyPetrel AHA! I was just coming to post here to figure out who they belonged to, because I couldn't remember the seller's name once I'd grabbed them. I bought them without even seeing that there were three scrolls and then saw it when getting it from my message center and was like... wait. Anyway, glad I spotted this! PM coming your way.[/quote] [quote name="Hariman" date="2013-09-23 10:11:04"][b]EDIT: I have been contacted by the seller. I was told that the price was deliberate, and that I can keep the Pearlcatcher for the listed price.[/b] Hello! I just bought this little dragoness for 10 treasure on the auction house: [url]http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=3347&tab=dragon&did=710783[/url] The purchase occurred at about ~9:45 (Server Time), give or take a few minutes. I ask because this is most likely a mistake, and I want to contact the seller to return her. I've contacted the owner of her parents, but I didn't see the seller because I snapped her up the instant I saw her, so confirmation of who her prior owner was would be a huge help in making sure she gets back to her rightful owner. Thanks in advance, Hariman[/quote] [quote name="Bostian" date="2013-07-01 20:09:27"][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30116] [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/30116_350.png[/img] [/url] I bought this sweet girl on the auction about 30 seconds ago. First gen, female. I bought her for only 17 treasure, which makes me believe there's something off about this transaction. Maybe a price typo, or something. Since she's first gen, she doesn't have any parents that might link me back to whoever owned her before, and I didn't check the name before I purchased her. I just wanna make sure that whoever owned her before didn't get screwed over somehow. EDIT: Note that if you try and claim her, I'll have to ask for a screenshot of the 'Auction Sold' message. Just to be safe :)[/quote] All of these people went out of their way to try and find the original owners, to correct mistakes. They did not HAVE to. At all. Ever. But they did. And this was just from one search of the forums for the word "mispriced". Given a little bit more time, I am sure I could find you a dozen other posts of people returning mispriced items, or people posting about mispriced items that were returned. And considering how many users FR has, and how few actually show up in the forums? This community is the kindest I have ever seen. But it's things like this: [quote]Goals: -Somehow get the Skin I sold back from the cheapskate that bought it.[/quote] On your profile that actually make me a little glad I didn't have the skin to give you, because, wow, that just makes me feel bad for the person who bought it, not you.
Just for the record- when I saw your post, I immediately went to my hoard to check if I had one of those skins. I hadn't bought yours, but I was going to check if I had one to give to you anyways. Just because I could. And if I had had one, I would have sent it to you right then and there /just because I am a nice person/
I've sent food to people who accidentally sold their instead of converting it, I've given away more free dragons than I've sold.

Besides all of the kindness and help that Vendrus pointed out, I thought I'd bring you a bit more.
SilveredFox wrote on 2013-06-15 05:11:20:
I had thought there was a log somewhere (like in the message that you bought such and such item from so and so since it says who was selling it when you go to buy)
Is there any way to currently find out? I purchased a lot of two of an under-priced item just 10 minutes ago and figured I'd find the seller and return them if it was a typo sale, but now I can't figure out who it was!
If you did just sell a mispriced item, PM me I might have been the person to grab it. I would like to return them or at least offer a fairer price as that was my original intention anyways, but I need to be able to find you x.x
I figured a forum post was the best way to maybe find them!
Renata wrote on 2014-01-21 12:34:05:
This isn't an advertising post. I'm trying to find a person to return an item to.
I'm looking for the user who was selling an Electrician's Power Pack in the Auction House for a very cheap amount. I believe they missed typing a 0 and bought the item intending to send it back to the person, but I forgot that when you buy an item it's automatically removed, so I didn't save the person's name first. ;_; If the player sees this could they please message me with the amount they had the item in the Auction House for so I know they're the actual seller? I'd like to get this back to them. If I don't hear from them within a few days I'll assume they don't frequent the boards and will sell the item. If you think you know the person please direct them to me. Thank you!
Tinylongwing wrote on 2013-10-06 18:36:41:
@ InkyPetrel AHA! I was just coming to post here to figure out who they belonged to, because I couldn't remember the seller's name once I'd grabbed them. I bought them without even seeing that there were three scrolls and then saw it when getting it from my message center and was like... wait.
Anyway, glad I spotted this! PM coming your way.
Hariman wrote on 2013-09-23 10:11:04:
EDIT: I have been contacted by the seller. I was told that the price was deliberate, and that I can keep the Pearlcatcher for the listed price.
Hello! I just bought this little dragoness for 10 treasure on the auction house:
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=3347&tab=dragon&did=710783
The purchase occurred at about ~9:45 (Server Time), give or take a few minutes.
I ask because this is most likely a mistake, and I want to contact the seller to return her.
I've contacted the owner of her parents, but I didn't see the seller because I snapped her up the instant I saw her, so confirmation of who her prior owner was would be a huge help in making sure she gets back to her rightful owner.
Thanks in advance,
Hariman
Bostian wrote on 2013-07-01 20:09:27:

30116_350.png

I bought this sweet girl on the auction about 30 seconds ago. First gen, female.
I bought her for only 17 treasure, which makes me believe there's something off about this transaction. Maybe a price typo, or something.
Since she's first gen, she doesn't have any parents that might link me back to whoever owned her before, and I didn't check the name before I purchased her. I just wanna make sure that whoever owned her before didn't get screwed over somehow.
EDIT: Note that if you try and claim her, I'll have to ask for a screenshot of the 'Auction Sold' message. Just to be safe :)

All of these people went out of their way to try and find the original owners, to correct mistakes. They did not HAVE to. At all. Ever. But they did. And this was just from one search of the forums for the word "mispriced". Given a little bit more time, I am sure I could find you a dozen other posts of people returning mispriced items, or people posting about mispriced items that were returned. And considering how many users FR has, and how few actually show up in the forums? This community is the kindest I have ever seen.

But it's things like this:
Quote:
Goals:

-Somehow get the Skin I sold back from the cheapskate that bought it.
On your profile that actually make me a little glad I didn't have the skin to give you, because, wow, that just makes me feel bad for the person who bought it, not you.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
I've locked the thread before this gets anymore out of hand. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=tos]The Terms of Use are not just for discussion between users but discussions [i]about[/i] users, even if not by name. [/url] [quote]Comments that are abusive, aggressive, personally insulting, or threatening are not permitted.[/quote]
I've locked the thread before this gets anymore out of hand.

The Terms of Use are not just for discussion between users but discussions about users, even if not by name.
Quote:
Comments that are abusive, aggressive, personally insulting, or threatening are not permitted.
1 2