Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Your favorite recipe??
XD in brief honesty I've not been able to take care of myself the past few months since being on my own, and I'm not in very good shape rn.. eating was always a chore for me anyway

So! Out of curiosity and looking for ideas to make myself, give me some of your favorite recipes!! It could be for anything, main dishes, sides, any time of day, even desserts!

I don't know it off the top of my head, but my mom makes these HEAVENLY enchiladas I always just die for~ My dad also has this tuna fish pasta he makes sometimes, it's really stupid easy to do but I could just go to town on that crap lol.
XD in brief honesty I've not been able to take care of myself the past few months since being on my own, and I'm not in very good shape rn.. eating was always a chore for me anyway

So! Out of curiosity and looking for ideas to make myself, give me some of your favorite recipes!! It could be for anything, main dishes, sides, any time of day, even desserts!

I don't know it off the top of my head, but my mom makes these HEAVENLY enchiladas I always just die for~ My dad also has this tuna fish pasta he makes sometimes, it's really stupid easy to do but I could just go to town on that crap lol.
**Please ping me Rahkali, not Rakhali!**

xxxxxx xxx xxxxx xxx xxxxxx xxxx x xxxxx xxxx x x xxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxx
z0HlerP.png
@RahKali

Finally someone did something on food I adore baking its my favorite thing to do my. Favorite recipe is for chocolate banana muffins.

http://www.food.com/recipe/chocolate-banana-muffins-313159?layout=desktop
@RahKali

Finally someone did something on food I adore baking its my favorite thing to do my. Favorite recipe is for chocolate banana muffins.

http://www.food.com/recipe/chocolate-banana-muffins-313159?layout=desktop
Hate? That's a strong word. I just dislike you with a burning passion!
heh, ily
@Hugz

Oh my goodness those look ridiculously good *-* I'm gonna have to try it sometime aa~
@Hugz

Oh my goodness those look ridiculously good *-* I'm gonna have to try it sometime aa~

z0HlerP.png
@Rahkali

I hope you so try them and I hope you enjoy them
@Rahkali

I hope you so try them and I hope you enjoy them
heh, ily
@Rahkali

My personal favorite is Grown Up Mac N' Cheese, though the recipe book I got it from calls it "Gnocchi Dippers".

1 box Gnocchi pasta
1/2 cup milk
4 oz processed cheese product (Velveeta or some store-brand knockoff)
A dash of Tabasco sauce
Garlic, salt, and pepper to taste

Instructions:

Add the milk, garlic, salt, and pepper to a saucepan. As it warms, chop up the Velveeta into small chunks and add them slowly to the milk. Stir frequently. When the cheese is fully melted, add the Tabasco sauce.

To cook the pasta, boil water and add gnocchi until all pasta pieces are floating on the surface. Takes about 2-3 minutes at a rolling boil. Drain pasta, put back in pasta pot, and pour cheese sauce over, stirring it in well.

Deviled Eggs

1 dozen eggs*
approx. 1/3 cup mayonnaise
approx. 2 tsp of pickle juice
approx. 2 tsp of stone-ground mustard
A dash of salt and pepper
Paprika (for garnish)

Hard-boil 1 dozen eggs. When finished, peel and slice vertically using a long, thin knife. Extract the egg yolks from the hard-boiled eggs, putting them in a separate bowl. Place the egg white halves on a plate so they can be filled later. To the yolks, add mayo, pickle juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Smash with fork until it is at a good consistency. Don't be afraid to add more mayo or mustard to soften it up.

Either dollop the mixture onto the egg halves with a spoon or, if you're feeling fancy, use a plastic bag as a piping bag and squirt either through a cut-off corner or a piping tip. Sprinkle paprika over the top for garnish.

*I have done this recipe with up to 18 eggs, so the amount of "wet ingredients" can fluctuate. I modified a recipe that made 6 deviled eggs.
@Rahkali

My personal favorite is Grown Up Mac N' Cheese, though the recipe book I got it from calls it "Gnocchi Dippers".

1 box Gnocchi pasta
1/2 cup milk
4 oz processed cheese product (Velveeta or some store-brand knockoff)
A dash of Tabasco sauce
Garlic, salt, and pepper to taste

Instructions:

Add the milk, garlic, salt, and pepper to a saucepan. As it warms, chop up the Velveeta into small chunks and add them slowly to the milk. Stir frequently. When the cheese is fully melted, add the Tabasco sauce.

To cook the pasta, boil water and add gnocchi until all pasta pieces are floating on the surface. Takes about 2-3 minutes at a rolling boil. Drain pasta, put back in pasta pot, and pour cheese sauce over, stirring it in well.

Deviled Eggs

1 dozen eggs*
approx. 1/3 cup mayonnaise
approx. 2 tsp of pickle juice
approx. 2 tsp of stone-ground mustard
A dash of salt and pepper
Paprika (for garnish)

Hard-boil 1 dozen eggs. When finished, peel and slice vertically using a long, thin knife. Extract the egg yolks from the hard-boiled eggs, putting them in a separate bowl. Place the egg white halves on a plate so they can be filled later. To the yolks, add mayo, pickle juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Smash with fork until it is at a good consistency. Don't be afraid to add more mayo or mustard to soften it up.

Either dollop the mixture onto the egg halves with a spoon or, if you're feeling fancy, use a plastic bag as a piping bag and squirt either through a cut-off corner or a piping tip. Sprinkle paprika over the top for garnish.

*I have done this recipe with up to 18 eggs, so the amount of "wet ingredients" can fluctuate. I modified a recipe that made 6 deviled eggs.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
@lamarqueisdead

Wow that sounds amazing
@lamarqueisdead

Wow that sounds amazing
heh, ily
@lamarqueisdead

Ok i wasn't sure what that kind of pasta was so i looked it up and now I need some, thanks XD seriously though it sounds incredible and I will probably try it!
@lamarqueisdead

Ok i wasn't sure what that kind of pasta was so i looked it up and now I need some, thanks XD seriously though it sounds incredible and I will probably try it!

z0HlerP.png
The only recipe I know is this:

Vegetable oil + some uncooked pasta + a tablespoon of chicken stock + a pinch of oregano + two or three cups of water + a pot + boiling temp + 10 mins = soup

Soup. That's all I can make :')
The only recipe I know is this:

Vegetable oil + some uncooked pasta + a tablespoon of chicken stock + a pinch of oregano + two or three cups of water + a pot + boiling temp + 10 mins = soup

Soup. That's all I can make :')
Pate Chinous :L

It can be made in various ways (I like adding in baked vegetables) but for the most part it's just

:Make sure to have a oval or round pan deep enough, needs a cover for the oven:

-Peel and boil potatoes, once boiled whip them with an electric mixer. I tend to add butter and diced garlic and milk to smooth out the whipping.
-Fry up some kind of meat, doesn't really matter which. I use Pork/Beef mix and then add various spices to give them extra flavour. Make sure to add a bit more oil/butter whatever you use to fry as you will need it. Crumble the meat into chunks but not too small, it will be used as a base for the dish.
-Corn. Just canned corn is fine, make sure it's nibblets though. I enjoy having one that is normal kernels and one that has the goo...cream? creamcorn. Don't do anything to this, right out of the can is perfectly fine.
-I also add veggies! So I tend to use broccoli/cauliflower/peppers/carrots, dice them all up and put them in the oven on a sheet of parchment paper drizzled with oil for 15 minutes. Then I take them out and put diced onions and chilli flakes/salt/pepper for taste.

Okay so the dish is:
You put the meat at the bottom of the oval pan
Then you put the veggies (if using) and corn above them
Finally you put the whipped potatoes!
Cover the dish for 30mins at 450 in the oven and then take the cover off and use the leftover butter/oil you have from the meat to put overtop the potatoes and put on broil without the lid for ten minutes.
Then you just take it out of the oven and let sit (it will be v.hot) for a few mins and enjoy! (I'd suggest buying one of those spoon type spatulas though cause scooping it out without a scoop is.....hard lol.

The more common recipe is to substitute the veggies for peas but I don't like peas sooo......
You can also (when at the broil stage) ad shredded cheese on top but again I prefer the semi crusty top.
The oil/butter you have leftover from cooking the meat can be used.
Pate Chinous :L

It can be made in various ways (I like adding in baked vegetables) but for the most part it's just

:Make sure to have a oval or round pan deep enough, needs a cover for the oven:

-Peel and boil potatoes, once boiled whip them with an electric mixer. I tend to add butter and diced garlic and milk to smooth out the whipping.
-Fry up some kind of meat, doesn't really matter which. I use Pork/Beef mix and then add various spices to give them extra flavour. Make sure to add a bit more oil/butter whatever you use to fry as you will need it. Crumble the meat into chunks but not too small, it will be used as a base for the dish.
-Corn. Just canned corn is fine, make sure it's nibblets though. I enjoy having one that is normal kernels and one that has the goo...cream? creamcorn. Don't do anything to this, right out of the can is perfectly fine.
-I also add veggies! So I tend to use broccoli/cauliflower/peppers/carrots, dice them all up and put them in the oven on a sheet of parchment paper drizzled with oil for 15 minutes. Then I take them out and put diced onions and chilli flakes/salt/pepper for taste.

Okay so the dish is:
You put the meat at the bottom of the oval pan
Then you put the veggies (if using) and corn above them
Finally you put the whipped potatoes!
Cover the dish for 30mins at 450 in the oven and then take the cover off and use the leftover butter/oil you have from the meat to put overtop the potatoes and put on broil without the lid for ten minutes.
Then you just take it out of the oven and let sit (it will be v.hot) for a few mins and enjoy! (I'd suggest buying one of those spoon type spatulas though cause scooping it out without a scoop is.....hard lol.

The more common recipe is to substitute the veggies for peas but I don't like peas sooo......
You can also (when at the broil stage) ad shredded cheese on top but again I prefer the semi crusty top.
The oil/butter you have leftover from cooking the meat can be used.
yGResdm.gif
@Rahkali

Grocery stores like to put the gnocchi on the top shelf near the end of the pasta aisle, and because it's niche not every store carries it. Though if your local grocery carries a lot of ethnic foods they're more likely to have gnocchi.

The cheese sauce can be applied to pretty much any pasta that you want to turn into mac n' cheese but gnocchi makes it a little more fancy than, say, elbow macaroni.
@Rahkali

Grocery stores like to put the gnocchi on the top shelf near the end of the pasta aisle, and because it's niche not every store carries it. Though if your local grocery carries a lot of ethnic foods they're more likely to have gnocchi.

The cheese sauce can be applied to pretty much any pasta that you want to turn into mac n' cheese but gnocchi makes it a little more fancy than, say, elbow macaroni.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.