Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Coatls
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page
Do they shed like snakes, or molt like birds?
Do they shed like snakes, or molt like birds?
BgbDlSq.pngxdlZbIe.pngLNpDIgR.pngXEhg7ep.pngXJ1cOO9.png9zNASIn.pngcV4Vp9J.pngmasBbAt.pngSzqNIOp.png
I assume like birds o3o
I assume like birds o3o
Probably moult. It would be hard for them to slough off their scales all at once with the feathers in the way. I headcanon them to be entirely feathery anyway =V
Probably moult. It would be hard for them to slough off their scales all at once with the feathers in the way. I headcanon them to be entirely feathery anyway =V
c64qslB.png iejIbGt.png 7nuk9Ck.png
Maybe they do both? The scales flake off, and so do the feathers.

Orrrr they build cocoons....
Maybe they do both? The scales flake off, and so do the feathers.

Orrrr they build cocoons....
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +15 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Concept : Coatls shed like birds. When the time comes they have feathers sticking up from every inch in their body. They use this to find their mate, who is the only one allowed to groom them. If they don't find their mate then they just sit there with itchy feathers peeking from them like an idiot. The younger one's like to call it a mohawk, whatever that is.
Concept : Coatls shed like birds. When the time comes they have feathers sticking up from every inch in their body. They use this to find their mate, who is the only one allowed to groom them. If they don't find their mate then they just sit there with itchy feathers peeking from them like an idiot. The younger one's like to call it a mohawk, whatever that is.
forest1.pngforest2.pngforest6.png
they burst into flames as their feathers burn off [img]https://orig05.deviantart.net/58d6/f/2017/240/4/d/untitled_by_starfruit_anon-dblmenb.jpg[/img] [s]I use this picture a lot lately, whoops[/s] In all seriousness I think they molt their feathers first, then they shed their scales after. like a cycle.
they burst into flames as their feathers burn off
untitled_by_starfruit_anon-dblmenb.jpg
I use this picture a lot lately, whoops

In all seriousness I think they molt their feathers first, then they shed their scales after. like a cycle.
untitled_by_starfruit_anon-dbeg952.png 0Hfrtrc.pngamika_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr7a.pngkeske_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr46.pngm34-02-book.pngSOH4.pngbPNtqmV.png
vJGwSlb.png
v2PJF9u.png
Tl1dGxE.png
d3OF3Gw.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
6mVFIuV.png
783743517427367976.png 52449656_OuEqwvJBW75r94o.png
BOTH!
BOTH!
- order
do they even have scales
do they even have scales
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
[quote name="PixelSpiral" date=2017-08-30 10:49:38] do they even have scales [/quote] @PixelSpiral do spirals even have spinal cords
PixelSpiral wrote on 2017-08-30:
do they even have scales

@PixelSpiral do spirals even have spinal cords
BgbDlSq.pngxdlZbIe.pngLNpDIgR.pngXEhg7ep.pngXJ1cOO9.png9zNASIn.pngcV4Vp9J.pngmasBbAt.pngSzqNIOp.png
I like to imagine both, and then they just look like really awkward naked snake babies when they finish shedding everything.
I like to imagine both, and then they just look like really awkward naked snake babies when they finish shedding everything.
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page