Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Catacombs - A Pinkerlocke
1 2 3 4 5
@TwoJay Will do!!! I'm so glad you like it!

@Petall Aaaaaa I'm glad you liked it! That's exactly the emotion I tried to get into the scene and I'm so happy it translated over!
@TwoJay Will do!!! I'm so glad you like it!

@Petall Aaaaaa I'm glad you liked it! That's exactly the emotion I tried to get into the scene and I'm so happy it translated over!
So on a fun note related to one of our wonderful NPC's, Sheriff Nondey... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35221863] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/352219/35221863_350.png[/img] [/url] It'll take a long time coming but I found a dragon with near identical/very similar colors that I'll eventually (with my god, way more treasure than I'll have for ages and ages and ages) be able to regene/breed change to create our good pal the sheriff! Nothing important to the pinkerlocke, but man, I was so excited I had to share!
So on a fun note related to one of our wonderful NPC's, Sheriff Nondey...

35221863_350.png

It'll take a long time coming but I found a dragon with near identical/very similar colors that I'll eventually (with my god, way more treasure than I'll have for ages and ages and ages) be able to regene/breed change to create our good pal the sheriff!

Nothing important to the pinkerlocke, but man, I was so excited I had to share!
Cool !!! That is a really pretty dragon!
Cool !!! That is a really pretty dragon!
9P7od2r.gifD3EnY5k.jpgNATURE*DOM0YHwyMk.png
----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2249414/3#post_28979367]Previous[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2249414/1#post_2249414]Main Page[/url] | Next[/center] ----- [center][size=6][u]Days 11-14[/u][/size] [item=crumbling relief][item=tattered canvas scrap][item=wave sentinel][item=parasitic grub][/center] ----- [i]I'm so sorry for the super late update! I've been having some health issues so I haven't really been online - had to take a couple days, ahaha... I'm sorry about that! We're on track now though, so it's all good! We've got all four updates here - including the art which actually did take two days to make, whoops, so that's an excuse I guess. One day writing, one art, and two training! 40-60 matches... Hoo boy! But anyway, I didn't do one of the headshots for the title page today, because I needed a little break from doing those. Instead, I wanted to draw the scene where Nabira met Tarrey! (Next is maybe a sketch of the Catacombs?) Without further ado:[/i] [center]---[/center] [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/0581/f/2017/236/3/5/nabira_tarrey_meeting_by_minthuu-dbl84dh.png[/img][/center] Nondey let out a quiet sigh, and looked mildly over to his painted dunhoof partner, Kerrig. The centaur shrugged at him, an equally nonplussed look on his face, and both turned back to look at the two adventurers sitting before them. The wildclaw ran his hand through his mane of feathers anxiously, before finally adjusting his monocle as if to scrutinize them. "I ain't heard of adventurers huntin' for them ol' Catacombs since I was barely wet with eggshell as a hatchlin.' And believe me, son. That was a long time ago," he finally said. "Wanting to go down there is suicide," Kerrig muttered, flicking an ear. He glanced at his partner. "Only fools would try that." [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/6338.png[/img][/center] Hayate's eyes narrowed and he leaned in towards the sheriff and his familiar. "So you [i]do[/i] know where the entrance is." Nondey raised his hands up as if in surrender. "Now, don't go rushin' to conclusions. Said I [i]might[/i], son. Didn't say I did for certain. What you even want down there that's so important?" "The adventure, and the ability to say we found the paradise of Sornieth!" Meredian finally piped in. She grinned at the three males around her, "And it's fun! I know this is my calling - and it's Hayate's too! Sheriff, you see--" "Fun ain't good 'nough to let me willingly let y'all risk your lives on some foolhardy trip!" Nondey interrupted. "--you see..." Meredian sighed and trailed off. Quietly, she looked to Hayate for help; the snapper was being unusually quiet, for someone who usually grew a bit of a temper when he was told no or couldn't have his way. In reality, Hayate was just thinking, measuring his words as carefully as he could. He could say darn it all to Nondey, take Meredian, and find the entrance themselves now that they knew it existed. If the wildclaw opposed them, he supposed they'd have to stand their ground. But if he chose his words right, Nondey might help them, might back down and let them have their way - and then they'd be [i]so much closer[/i] to their goal. To the Catacombs. Realizing the silence was pinned on him, the snapper nodded, making up his mind. "You could say Nondey, that the importance of this excursion to Dia and myself would be the equivalent of a guardian's Search. Even moreso, you could say that the Catacombs are our Charge. Everything for us hinges on this." That shut the sheriff up. He paused for a long moment, staring down the snapper. And when Hayate's expression - as deadpan as ever - did not change... he finally sighed and dropped his head. His centaur friend reached over and patted his shoulder comfortingly. Offering Kerrig a pathetic smile, Nondey finally looked back to Dia and Hayate and took off his hat to run it through the thinning feathers again. "That important, huh..." It was Dia's eyes - bright with hope - that his own met when he spoke again. "Alright, lil' lady, son. I'll... I'll show y'all the way. But understand, we ain't goin' with ya. Kerrig ain't got no wish to be down there - and frankly, I'm gettin' too old for big adventures. I'm far past my hatchling days. But y'all gotta understand somethin', alright?" He paused until they nodded at him. "There's somethin' bad goin' on down in that Pillar. Ain't been right since forever now, if it's ever been right. Creepy noises, bad feelin's, all the works. Like the darn thing is haunted but worse. I ain't told no one, but I think the place is Shade infested; Kerrig here, well..." The centaur spoke up. "I was attacked by shade-touched monsters as a yearling. Nondey saved my life. We've had each others backs for years now, and it's because of the incident that happened at the Pillar that day." "Right," Nondey nodded, "And we ain't thought nobody else been attacked by them shades, till you two come along, tearin' into camp like its right behind y'all, bloody and bruised up to dickens." Meredian actually laughed. "It [i]was[/i] behind us, actually. I'd been flying by the tower that day last week or so, when I was ambushed by a flock of crazed ragepuff. It wasn't long after hunkering down in our camp with Hayate treating my wounds that the tent was torn apart by two mith - and I've never... never seen anything like it. Mottled with black, mindless and crazed like some zombies - it was awful, frankly..." Wildclaw and dunhoof shared a glance, but said nothing to this. A few minutes of idle silence filled the air, and a feeling of quiet discomfort settled in. Meredian was shifting nervously and picked at her climbing claws until Hayate gave her a look. She settled down soon after that. The quiet persisted until Nondey finally pulled himself to his feet and took a few steps back. "We'll go in the mornin.' Kerrig and I've got some things to do, 'fore the last of us guards pack out. Take tonight to prepare yourselves. Get yer vittles n' provisions, gear, whatever y'all need. Especially since y'all ain't know how long y'all're gonna be down there, if the place I know [i]is[/i] the Catacombs at all. And get some nice, good rest tonight. I'll... I'll see you kids at suppertime." The air was quiet and somber the rest of the afternoon, as the sheriff's worries hung over everyone's heads, despite the building eagerness and excitement. Tomorrow, one way or another, Hayate and Meredian were that much closer to finding the very legends that they had been searching for. They were so close it was palpable. To ironically quote Meredian, Tarrey laughed softly, images of a giant windy deity in mind. "You could say the winds of change are coming." [center]---[/center] [i]And this is the end of Part I of the Catacombs Pinkerlocke! Tomorrow (or whenever the next update soon is) will see the beginning of Part II, when things begin to seriously pick up for our heroes - and paths will collide! Sorry I didn't write much today - I'm still a bit under the weather. But really be looking forward to next update, because the story is going to definitely ramp up and get its butt moving! Look forward to it - I know I am. And it's gonna be a long one folks. Hang in there, and I'll see ya next time![/i] ----- [center]@Silverhame @Legetha @Petall @TwoJay[/center] -----

Previous | Main Page | Next

Days 11-14
Crumbling Relief Tattered Canvas Scrap Wave Sentinel Parasitic Grub

I'm so sorry for the super late update! I've been having some health issues so I haven't really been online - had to take a couple days, ahaha... I'm sorry about that! We're on track now though, so it's all good! We've got all four updates here - including the art which actually did take two days to make, whoops, so that's an excuse I guess. One day writing, one art, and two training! 40-60 matches... Hoo boy! But anyway, I didn't do one of the headshots for the title page today, because I needed a little break from doing those. Instead, I wanted to draw the scene where Nabira met Tarrey! (Next is maybe a sketch of the Catacombs?) Without further ado:

---
nabira_tarrey_meeting_by_minthuu-dbl84dh.png

Nondey let out a quiet sigh, and looked mildly over to his painted dunhoof partner, Kerrig. The centaur shrugged at him, an equally nonplussed look on his face, and both turned back to look at the two adventurers sitting before them. The wildclaw ran his hand through his mane of feathers anxiously, before finally adjusting his monocle as if to scrutinize them.

"I ain't heard of adventurers huntin' for them ol' Catacombs since I was barely wet with eggshell as a hatchlin.' And believe me, son. That was a long time ago," he finally said.

"Wanting to go down there is suicide," Kerrig muttered, flicking an ear. He glanced at his partner. "Only fools would try that."
6338.png

Hayate's eyes narrowed and he leaned in towards the sheriff and his familiar. "So you do know where the entrance is."

Nondey raised his hands up as if in surrender. "Now, don't go rushin' to conclusions. Said I might, son. Didn't say I did for certain. What you even want down there that's so important?"

"The adventure, and the ability to say we found the paradise of Sornieth!" Meredian finally piped in. She grinned at the three males around her, "And it's fun! I know this is my calling - and it's Hayate's too! Sheriff, you see--"

"Fun ain't good 'nough to let me willingly let y'all risk your lives on some foolhardy trip!" Nondey interrupted.

"--you see..." Meredian sighed and trailed off. Quietly, she looked to Hayate for help; the snapper was being unusually quiet, for someone who usually grew a bit of a temper when he was told no or couldn't have his way.

In reality, Hayate was just thinking, measuring his words as carefully as he could. He could say darn it all to Nondey, take Meredian, and find the entrance themselves now that they knew it existed. If the wildclaw opposed them, he supposed they'd have to stand their ground. But if he chose his words right, Nondey might help them, might back down and let them have their way - and then they'd be so much closer to their goal. To the Catacombs. Realizing the silence was pinned on him, the snapper nodded, making up his mind.

"You could say Nondey, that the importance of this excursion to Dia and myself would be the equivalent of a guardian's Search. Even moreso, you could say that the Catacombs are our Charge. Everything for us hinges on this."

That shut the sheriff up. He paused for a long moment, staring down the snapper. And when Hayate's expression - as deadpan as ever - did not change... he finally sighed and dropped his head. His centaur friend reached over and patted his shoulder comfortingly. Offering Kerrig a pathetic smile, Nondey finally looked back to Dia and Hayate and took off his hat to run it through the thinning feathers again. "That important, huh..."

It was Dia's eyes - bright with hope - that his own met when he spoke again. "Alright, lil' lady, son. I'll... I'll show y'all the way. But understand, we ain't goin' with ya. Kerrig ain't got no wish to be down there - and frankly, I'm gettin' too old for big adventures. I'm far past my hatchling days. But y'all gotta understand somethin', alright?" He paused until they nodded at him. "There's somethin' bad goin' on down in that Pillar. Ain't been right since forever now, if it's ever been right. Creepy noises, bad feelin's, all the works. Like the darn thing is haunted but worse. I ain't told no one, but I think the place is Shade infested; Kerrig here, well..."

The centaur spoke up. "I was attacked by shade-touched monsters as a yearling. Nondey saved my life. We've had each others backs for years now, and it's because of the incident that happened at the Pillar that day."

"Right," Nondey nodded, "And we ain't thought nobody else been attacked by them shades, till you two come along, tearin' into camp like its right behind y'all, bloody and bruised up to dickens."

Meredian actually laughed. "It was behind us, actually. I'd been flying by the tower that day last week or so, when I was ambushed by a flock of crazed ragepuff. It wasn't long after hunkering down in our camp with Hayate treating my wounds that the tent was torn apart by two mith - and I've never... never seen anything like it. Mottled with black, mindless and crazed like some zombies - it was awful, frankly..."

Wildclaw and dunhoof shared a glance, but said nothing to this.

A few minutes of idle silence filled the air, and a feeling of quiet discomfort settled in. Meredian was shifting nervously and picked at her climbing claws until Hayate gave her a look. She settled down soon after that. The quiet persisted until Nondey finally pulled himself to his feet and took a few steps back.

"We'll go in the mornin.' Kerrig and I've got some things to do, 'fore the last of us guards pack out. Take tonight to prepare yourselves. Get yer vittles n' provisions, gear, whatever y'all need. Especially since y'all ain't know how long y'all're gonna be down there, if the place I know is the Catacombs at all. And get some nice, good rest tonight. I'll... I'll see you kids at suppertime."

The air was quiet and somber the rest of the afternoon, as the sheriff's worries hung over everyone's heads, despite the building eagerness and excitement. Tomorrow, one way or another, Hayate and Meredian were that much closer to finding the very legends that they had been searching for. They were so close it was palpable.

To ironically quote Meredian, Tarrey laughed softly, images of a giant windy deity in mind. "You could say the winds of change are coming."

---

And this is the end of Part I of the Catacombs Pinkerlocke! Tomorrow (or whenever the next update soon is) will see the beginning of Part II, when things begin to seriously pick up for our heroes - and paths will collide! Sorry I didn't write much today - I'm still a bit under the weather. But really be looking forward to next update, because the story is going to definitely ramp up and get its butt moving! Look forward to it - I know I am. And it's gonna be a long one folks. Hang in there, and I'll see ya next time!

@Artificiary

Oh my goodness I love that artwork it's amazing!!!

And aaaaaaaaaaaaa this is so exciting!!!!!!!! I can't wait for them to enter the catacombs! It's finally happening!
@Artificiary

Oh my goodness I love that artwork it's amazing!!!

And aaaaaaaaaaaaa this is so exciting!!!!!!!! I can't wait for them to enter the catacombs! It's finally happening!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Can't wait for part II, your art work is beautiful !
Can't wait for part II, your art work is beautiful !
@Artificiary
Are you stil doing this? If so, I would love a ping.
@Artificiary
Are you stil doing this? If so, I would love a ping.
sculkquest.pngIconx100t.png
Loving this so far, could I be added to the pinglist please
Loving this so far, could I be added to the pinglist please
wQA8k.gif fy4en.gif

MRJWRkO.png
@CrAZDragon @Solaristigres

Yep! I'm still doing it for sure, I just had to take a bit of an unintended unannounced break because of some life stuff going on ahaha

It'll get back on track with Part II within the month with hopefully a more fluid and active schedule, so I'll be happy to add you two to the ping list!!

I'm super glad you're enjoying it!
@CrAZDragon @Solaristigres

Yep! I'm still doing it for sure, I just had to take a bit of an unintended unannounced break because of some life stuff going on ahaha

It'll get back on track with Part II within the month with hopefully a more fluid and active schedule, so I'll be happy to add you two to the ping list!!

I'm super glad you're enjoying it!
@Artificiary If you're still doing this, I'd love to be added to the pinglist!
@Artificiary If you're still doing this, I'd love to be added to the pinglist!
ck2CMHK.gif
1 2 3 4 5