Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Tarantula companions
1 2 3 4 5 6
Suppoooort! I'd love to have spooder companions! <3
Suppoooort! I'd love to have spooder companions! <3
fr_forum_sig_thauk_by_pushdug-dailk3c.png
he/him | dA | FA | +9 hours
[quote name="MisSavage" date=2017-08-24 07:32:33] To everyone who would be "too afraid" of them. Spiders are animals, they aren't meant to scare you. [/quote] Oh, wow, that makes everything [i]sooooo[/i] much better. For your next trick, consider telling folks with depression that they should just cheer up? Telling someone having a panic attack that they shouldn't be panicking, maybe?
MisSavage wrote on 2017-08-24:
To everyone who would be "too afraid" of them.
Spiders are animals, they aren't meant to scare you.

Oh, wow, that makes everything sooooo much better.

For your next trick, consider telling folks with depression that they should just cheer up? Telling someone having a panic attack that they shouldn't be panicking, maybe?
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
[quote name="MisSavage" date=2017-08-24 08:42:25] @Jemadar Arachnophobia can be cured. You don't like them? Good for you. Just let people enjoy things they like. [/quote] Oh, ok, I see. Folks should spend lots of money and anguish to "cure" themselves before having fun, I guess. Why can't [i]you[/i] "just let people enjoy the things they like?" Since what you're basically advocating for is taking away people's ability to enjoy the site. (And again clarifying: I'm pretty much everyone here has said yeah, fine on the spiders. Just keep them off the heads/avatars)
@Jemadar

Arachnophobia can be cured.
You don't like them? Good for you.
Just let people enjoy things they like.

Oh, ok, I see. Folks should spend lots of money and anguish to "cure" themselves before having fun, I guess.

Why can't you "just let people enjoy the things they like?" Since what you're basically advocating for is taking away people's ability to enjoy the site.

(And again clarifying: I'm pretty much everyone here has said yeah, fine on the spiders. Just keep them off the heads/avatars)
@Trix

Calm down.
If that affects them /that/ much, they should consider seeking for help.
It's useless to try censoring spiders, they will continue existing anyway.
@Trix

Calm down.
CffXOU7.png6jgBlPi.jpegalPnWye.png
I'm not sure discussions about phobias and how manageable they are/aren't belong in the suggestions forum.
I'm not sure discussions about phobias and how manageable they are/aren't belong in the suggestions forum.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
This ^

I made this thread to suggest arachnid companions, not to discuss your phobias.
This ^

I made this thread to suggest arachnid companions, not to discuss your phobias.
You all won't stop crying, so tell me, if I have cynophobia or ailurophobia, should I ask for flight rising to remove dogs or cats? because it's my personal preference?

If you can't control yourself that doesn't give you right to ask other people not to enjoy something.

You guys don't want spiders on avatars...
So if you see a small drawing of a spider not bigger than your finger and you freak out?
You have a problem, instead of trying to censor it, go see a professional, your life overall will improve.

Little known fact: none of us is the center of the universe, therefore we can't decide over everything.
You all won't stop crying, so tell me, if I have cynophobia or ailurophobia, should I ask for flight rising to remove dogs or cats? because it's my personal preference?

If you can't control yourself that doesn't give you right to ask other people not to enjoy something.

You guys don't want spiders on avatars...
So if you see a small drawing of a spider not bigger than your finger and you freak out?
You have a problem, instead of trying to censor it, go see a professional, your life overall will improve.

Little known fact: none of us is the center of the universe, therefore we can't decide over everything.
@MisSavage

Please do not ping me in the suggestions forum
@MisSavage

Please do not ping me in the suggestions forum
[quote name="MisSavage" date=2017-08-24 13:04:18] If that affects them /that/ much, they should consider seeking for help. It's useless to try censoring spiders, they will continue existing anyway. [/quote] Ok, with what money? Ok, and until they're "cured" then...what, take their game away? (Goes for the new smarmy voice chiming in too. Yeah, ok, therapy is just sooooo readily available and affordable, and it works instantly, right?) What the heck does spiders existing have to do with Flight Rising? We're talking about suggestions for the game, not suggestions for the world Again, people responded to your suggestion with an [i]incredibly[/i] reasonable request--sure, have tarantula apparel, just please keep it off the head so that the spiders don't pop up in forums. That is a really reasonable request. And you have to turn it into this smarmy [i]thing[/i], since you're just sooo much better than folks with arachnophobia or something. Like, this smarmy, smug attitude that's basically "well, just stop having the phobia." Telling folks they should just let people enjoy what they enjoy while basically wanting to take something they enjoy away from them. For...no real reason? Does it break your game to not be able to put a tarantula right on a dragon's face or something? I mean, calm down yourself. If this reasonable request is all it takes to make you act like a jerk to people with phobias, then just maybe take a step back. And from the other one... [quote]You all won't stop crying...[/quote] Ah, yeah, speaking of smarmy, just a matter of time before folks came in with this attitude. People talking about phobias as ~just crying~ gotcha. It's the [i]suggestions forum[/i]. People get to talk about potential issues with suggestions. [quote] if I have cynophobia or ailurophobia, should I ask for flight rising to remove dogs or cats[/quote] False equivalence. No one is asking Flight Rising to [i]remove[/i] anything. Just...grow some flippin' empathy.

Ok, with what money?

Ok, and until they're "cured" then...what, take their game away? (Goes for the new smarmy voice chiming in too. Yeah, ok, therapy is just sooooo readily available and affordable, and it works instantly, right?)

What the heck does spiders existing have to do with Flight Rising? We're talking about suggestions for the game, not suggestions for the world

Again, people responded to your suggestion with an incredibly reasonable request--sure, have tarantula apparel, just please keep it off the head so that the spiders don't pop up in forums. That is a really reasonable request.

And you have to turn it into this smarmy thing, since you're just sooo much better than folks with arachnophobia or something. Like, this smarmy, smug attitude that's basically "well, just stop having the phobia." Telling folks they should just let people enjoy what they enjoy while basically wanting to take something they enjoy away from them. For...no real reason? Does it break your game to not be able to put a tarantula right on a dragon's face or something?

I mean, calm down yourself. If this reasonable request is all it takes to make you act like a jerk to people with phobias, then just maybe take a step back.

And from the other one...
Quote:
You all won't stop crying...

Ah, yeah, speaking of smarmy, just a matter of time before folks came in with this attitude. People talking about phobias as ~just crying~ gotcha. It's the suggestions forum. People get to talk about potential issues with suggestions.
Quote:
if I have cynophobia or ailurophobia, should I ask for flight rising to remove dogs or cats

False equivalence. No one is asking Flight Rising to remove anything.

Just...grow some flippin' empathy.
Trix, I don't like arguments and I find this one pretty useless because we have such different opinions and seems like neither of us is going to change the way the other thinks.
So let's just stop this, k?
I will no longer reply to this argument from now.

Also as I said above, I made this thread to suggest arachnid apparel, not to discuss people's phobias.
Trix, I don't like arguments and I find this one pretty useless because we have such different opinions and seems like neither of us is going to change the way the other thinks.
So let's just stop this, k?
I will no longer reply to this argument from now.

Also as I said above, I made this thread to suggest arachnid apparel, not to discuss people's phobias.
1 2 3 4 5 6