Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 with IKenNotEven
1 2 3
"The wasteland is much different to anywhere else, but so is everywhere else. You don't see giant trees in the Ashfall Wastes, do you?" Clutter entered the hole in the mound, it was a slope heading downwards into the lair. It was relatively smooth, though darkly lit. The path was nowhere near wide enough for two dragons to fit side by side, so she walked quickly with her wings pressed into her body. It wasn't long before she exited the tunnel into a large, well lit hall with tall pillars of whatever the ground was made of reaching from floor to ceiling. There weren't many dragons in there, though one mirror was watching them exit, not looking too pleased.
"The wasteland is much different to anywhere else, but so is everywhere else. You don't see giant trees in the Ashfall Wastes, do you?" Clutter entered the hole in the mound, it was a slope heading downwards into the lair. It was relatively smooth, though darkly lit. The path was nowhere near wide enough for two dragons to fit side by side, so she walked quickly with her wings pressed into her body. It wasn't long before she exited the tunnel into a large, well lit hall with tall pillars of whatever the ground was made of reaching from floor to ceiling. There weren't many dragons in there, though one mirror was watching them exit, not looking too pleased.
ilikefaenecks.gif
Tucking his wings close to his body, Echo quickly followed behind her. The tunnel was fairly dark, and he was sure if there were a lot of turns, he would have gotten lost. When they exited the tunnel, the Wildclaw's eyes scanned the hall before landing on the disgruntled Mirror that was staring at them. Echo could feel the feathers a top his head flare up a bit before he decided to to stand next to Clutter, but slightly behind her. He wanted to give her space with her clan mates, but close enough to intervene in case anything were to happen. The last thing he wanted was someone getting hurt because they helped him.
Tucking his wings close to his body, Echo quickly followed behind her. The tunnel was fairly dark, and he was sure if there were a lot of turns, he would have gotten lost. When they exited the tunnel, the Wildclaw's eyes scanned the hall before landing on the disgruntled Mirror that was staring at them. Echo could feel the feathers a top his head flare up a bit before he decided to to stand next to Clutter, but slightly behind her. He wanted to give her space with her clan mates, but close enough to intervene in case anything were to happen. The last thing he wanted was someone getting hurt because they helped him.
image.png
The mirror made her way over to the two of them, she wore a headdress that obscured most of her face. She stopped a short distance away from Clutter and looked between them. "What happened this time?" She seemed unimpressed, but things like this seem to have happened before. Clutter stared back at the mirror for a few moments, as if to say 'You know exactly what happened'. Clutter, however, eventually spoke.

"Well, as you can see Mirkwood, I'm back so everything went well, or as well as it can with that clan. And we have a visitor, as you should see unless you went blind in the time it took me to get back." She decided not to elaborate on how she found Echo and why he's back here, but Mirkwood could probably figure it out. Mirkwood didn't seem at all phased by how Clutter phrased her report, it also seemed to be a normal occurrence. "Right, okay then," Mirkwood turned to Echo. "Seeing as Clutter here didn't tell me, what's your name and why did she feel it necessary for you to come back here?"

The mirror made her way over to the two of them, she wore a headdress that obscured most of her face. She stopped a short distance away from Clutter and looked between them. "What happened this time?" She seemed unimpressed, but things like this seem to have happened before. Clutter stared back at the mirror for a few moments, as if to say 'You know exactly what happened'. Clutter, however, eventually spoke.

"Well, as you can see Mirkwood, I'm back so everything went well, or as well as it can with that clan. And we have a visitor, as you should see unless you went blind in the time it took me to get back." She decided not to elaborate on how she found Echo and why he's back here, but Mirkwood could probably figure it out. Mirkwood didn't seem at all phased by how Clutter phrased her report, it also seemed to be a normal occurrence. "Right, okay then," Mirkwood turned to Echo. "Seeing as Clutter here didn't tell me, what's your name and why did she feel it necessary for you to come back here?"

ilikefaenecks.gif
His eyes had been trained on the two dragons and their interaction. Their exchange of words was... interesting to say the least. Definitely not what he expected, but it did put him at ease a bit. When the Mirror, whose name was Mirkwood according to Clutter, turned their focus to him and began to address him, he offered a polite smile. Well, the most polite smile a Wildclaw could manage without looking aggressive. "My name is Echo, it's nice to meet you! As for why I'm here, I got really lost and Clutter found me and helped me out. She has been very kind to me" He tried to explain as clear as he could, but at the same time, the question did make him wonder. Why did she bring him back here? Had she ever stated why? He didn't want to think too much into it, perhaps she just wanted a friend.
His eyes had been trained on the two dragons and their interaction. Their exchange of words was... interesting to say the least. Definitely not what he expected, but it did put him at ease a bit. When the Mirror, whose name was Mirkwood according to Clutter, turned their focus to him and began to address him, he offered a polite smile. Well, the most polite smile a Wildclaw could manage without looking aggressive. "My name is Echo, it's nice to meet you! As for why I'm here, I got really lost and Clutter found me and helped me out. She has been very kind to me" He tried to explain as clear as he could, but at the same time, the question did make him wonder. Why did she bring him back here? Had she ever stated why? He didn't want to think too much into it, perhaps she just wanted a friend.
image.png
Mirkwood nodded, his answer fit with Clutter's usual antics and it didn't seem as though he meant the clan harm. "You can stay as long as you wish to," She nodded to Clutter, indicating that she'd be the one held responsible if anything went wrong. She turned and walked away from them, heading down one of the tunnels that connected the hall with the rest of the lair. Clutter watched Mirkwood leave before turning to Echo, "Well, you heard her. You can stay if you want. Do you want to?"
Mirkwood nodded, his answer fit with Clutter's usual antics and it didn't seem as though he meant the clan harm. "You can stay as long as you wish to," She nodded to Clutter, indicating that she'd be the one held responsible if anything went wrong. She turned and walked away from them, heading down one of the tunnels that connected the hall with the rest of the lair. Clutter watched Mirkwood leave before turning to Echo, "Well, you heard her. You can stay if you want. Do you want to?"
ilikefaenecks.gif
The quick acceptance came as a shock to Echo. He was expecting more... aggression? Well, he was not about to look a gift horse in the mouth. "Thank you!" He chirped out as Mirkwood walked away. It was nice to be accepted with no ill will. At Clutter's inquisition about his decision to stay or not, he turned his head to gaze at the Nocturne before him as the question rolled around in his head, but he found the answer quite easily. Beaming at her, Echo nodded his head with a large smile. "As long as I am welcome, I would be happy to stay!"
The quick acceptance came as a shock to Echo. He was expecting more... aggression? Well, he was not about to look a gift horse in the mouth. "Thank you!" He chirped out as Mirkwood walked away. It was nice to be accepted with no ill will. At Clutter's inquisition about his decision to stay or not, he turned his head to gaze at the Nocturne before him as the question rolled around in his head, but he found the answer quite easily. Beaming at her, Echo nodded his head with a large smile. "As long as I am welcome, I would be happy to stay!"
image.png
Clutter smiled back, she was surprised he was still so happy and polite after what happened. She gave a quick glance around the hall and its 4 or 5 exits to see if any other dragons had decided to emerge. She wasn't surprised when none did, this was only a hall used to access the exit. She turned back to Echo, "So, do you want a tour around this place? Or would you rather explore on your own?"
Clutter smiled back, she was surprised he was still so happy and polite after what happened. She gave a quick glance around the hall and its 4 or 5 exits to see if any other dragons had decided to emerge. She wasn't surprised when none did, this was only a hall used to access the exit. She turned back to Echo, "So, do you want a tour around this place? Or would you rather explore on your own?"
ilikefaenecks.gif
1 2 3