Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Beginning hope ; Draft!
"This is a draft for a story I am writing about a universe where dragons roam with other fantasy creatures. Feel free to read and disscuss the story here or add suggestions for parts or new creatures! Updates will be shaky and some hiatus's will be taking place due to vacation and whatnot but most updates should be long! I hope you enjoy!
"This is a draft for a story I am writing about a universe where dragons roam with other fantasy creatures. Feel free to read and disscuss the story here or add suggestions for parts or new creatures! Updates will be shaky and some hiatus's will be taking place due to vacation and whatnot but most updates should be long! I hope you enjoy!
[center][size=6][Color=Goldenrod]Chapter 1[/Color][/size][/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/kk5kaag52acu28a/windtop.png[/img][/center] [center][size=5][Color=darkgoldenrod]Bruscatium[/Color][/size][/center] [center][size=5][Color=darkgoldenrod]DRAFT[/Color][/size][/center] [center]This story that I am about to recite to you happened years ago as a most odd set of events had occurred. It was actually quite interesting if you think about it but alas, the question here is- well what is the question? [color=Cadetblue]"What?" [/color] In fact at almost any moment I could ask any sort of questions, but that is one of the most sensible questions to ask at any moment. [color=Cadetblue]"My materials are worth more than that, you bloody merchant!"[/color] [color=Olivedrab] "Please don't shout mr. Caulds..."[/color] The merchant here is Galoth. Galoth takes his stuff seriously, but this costumer is just a plain idiot, and not seeing that his item is a fake. But even if it was the real deal, it would still be quite... erm what was the word for it... [color=Olivedrab]"You realize this is [i]useless[/i] to me, yes?"[/color] Ah. [color=Cadetblue]"What!?! You can't be serious, this is clearly the real deal!" [/color] Galoth grabs the belt and opens the chunky, unfashionable, metal buckle to show that the inside was filled with dyed liquid not golden drik. In this term golden drik is something that makes armor and weapons more heavy. This however was some kind of dyed mud. [color=Cadetblue]"Well, how would I know its a fa-"[/color] The door opens, a cloaked face comes in interrupting the conflict at hand. [color=Olivedrab]"Welcome! If I may you are who I believe it tis'... yes?"[/color] [center] [img] https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/24py702d17y97rm/windmid.png[/img] [/center] [color=Slategrey] ... [/color] [color=Olivedrab] "Oh I believe you are not. How may I help you?" [/color] This mysterious person that you have just been introduced to has had a rough life or will and is also the main focal point as their life was never going to be particularly long... Or at least after this story. They point to the metal piece that he is holding as they stride over to a small wooden table and sit down. At this point mr. Caulds has leaned over the counter and started whispering, half Goliath didn't hear. [color=Cadetblue] "Were you listening? What I was saying was is, what in the hell is wrong with him? He hasn't spoken a word since he got here!"[/color] [color=Olivedrab]"Mr. Caulds they may not be male. Also aren't you being a little rude gossiping about someone! The answer could be very personal!"[/color] Mr. Caulds growls lowly as he put his claw down on the counter, holding his forehead, getting agitated. [color=Cadetblue] Well lets just ignore... [i][b]them...[/b][/i] I still want my money![/color] [color=Olivedrab] "[b]Fine[/b] Its worth about... 1100g."[/color] The second that came out of Goliath's mouth, Mr. Caulds was about to explode with rage at the low cost. [color=Cadetblue] "You!!!... Nevermind i'll take it..."[/color] He forcefully grabbed the cash and stormed out of the shop, slamming the door. Seconds after the room starts to settle back as the hooded steps toward the counter. [color=Olivedrab]"Sorry about that... How may I help you?"[/color] The hooded figure points at him, then at themselves, then at the door. [color=Olivedrab]"Ah! You would like to show me something outside?"[/color] The figure nods. Goliath then grabs a long piece of metal with a wheel attached and clamps it around his waist and right leg. And the figure wanders out the door with Goliath. The sun shines through thin clouds as a light breeze whips pass them. Goliath glances over the small town from atop the hill where his shop resides. The hooded fae kneel down and grab about 5 small potted plants. Goliath reads the written names, [color=Olivedrab] "Persus, snal, efil, and bruscatium."[/color] The figure hands over a small scroll with pictures and descriptions written on the four plants just named. I'll save you the courtesy of Goliaths slow reading pace. Snal is a small species of herb immigrating from Dragonhome to the Starfall isles. The plant when smelled, cooked will ensure a good nights rest. Efil is a fruit native to the Sunbeam ruins. It is a fruit that is 75% water and orange on the inside. The fruit is good for cuts and stomaches. Persus is another species of herb that immigrated from the Dragonhome to the Starfall isles along with Snal plants. Persus is a fleshy plant with thick long leaves and small spikes. When cut, Persus has a gel like inside that can be spread over the skin as a disinfectant. Bruscatium is a rare plant that is only found near the edge of the Shifting Expanse. Bruscatium has multiple benefits. Some of these include, healthy skin, healthy bones, and slight repair of any organ damage. Bruscatium is [b]not[/b] meant for consumption or made into ointment for various reasons. Instead the Bruscatium releases a small amount of gas that has a very faint smell of roses and other flowers. [color=Olivedrab]"Wow! I should grab the gardener and Ms.Pupona! As a thanks for this I will of course pay you and also you can have a late lunch with us!"[/color] The figure smiles and they head back into the building. [color=Olivedrab]"The price for all of these is 64000g. Oh and will you be joining us for lunch?"[/color] The figure nods quickly as their stomach growls and Goliath laughs as the figure snickers. End of chapter 1 [center] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/x70o1tgtwji443a/windbottom.png[/img] [/center]
Chapter 1
windtop.png
Bruscatium
DRAFT
This story that I am about to recite to you happened years ago as a most odd set of events had occurred. It was actually quite interesting if you think about it but alas, the question here is-
well what is the question?

"What?"

In fact at almost any moment I could ask any sort of questions, but that is one of the most sensible questions to ask at any moment.
"My materials are worth more than that, you bloody merchant!"
"Please don't shout mr. Caulds..."
The merchant here is Galoth. Galoth takes his stuff seriously, but this costumer is just a plain idiot, and not seeing that his item is a fake. But even if it was the real deal, it would still be quite... erm what was the word for it...
"You realize this is useless to me, yes?"

Ah.

"What!?! You can't be serious, this is clearly the real deal!"
Galoth grabs the belt and opens the chunky, unfashionable, metal buckle to show that the inside was filled with dyed liquid not golden drik. In this term golden drik is something that makes armor and weapons more heavy. This however was some kind of dyed mud.
"Well, how would I know its a fa-"
The door opens, a cloaked face comes in interrupting the conflict at hand.
"Welcome! If I may you are who I believe it tis'... yes?"
windmid.png
"Oh I believe you are not. How may I help you?"
This mysterious person that you have just been introduced to has had a rough life or will and is also the main focal point as their life was never going to be particularly long... Or at least after this story.
They point to the metal piece that he is holding as they stride over to a small wooden table and sit down.
At this point mr. Caulds has leaned over the counter and started whispering, half Goliath didn't hear.
"Were you listening? What I was saying was is, what in the hell is wrong with him? He hasn't spoken a word since he got here!"
"Mr. Caulds they may not be male. Also aren't you being a little rude gossiping about someone! The answer could be very personal!"
Mr. Caulds growls lowly as he put his claw down on the counter, holding his forehead, getting agitated.
Well lets just ignore... them... I still want my money!
"Fine Its worth about... 1100g."
The second that came out of Goliath's mouth, Mr. Caulds was about to explode with rage at the low cost.
"You!!!... Nevermind i'll take it..."
He forcefully grabbed the cash and stormed out of the shop, slamming the door. Seconds after the room starts to settle back as the hooded steps toward the counter.
"Sorry about that... How may I help you?"
The hooded figure points at him, then at themselves, then at the door.
"Ah! You would like to show me something outside?"
The figure nods.
Goliath then grabs a long piece of metal with a wheel attached and clamps it around his waist and right leg.
And the figure wanders out the door with Goliath.
The sun shines through thin clouds as a light breeze whips pass them. Goliath glances over the small town from atop the hill where his shop resides.
The hooded fae kneel down and grab about 5 small potted plants.
Goliath reads the written names,
"Persus, snal, efil, and bruscatium."
The figure hands over a small scroll with pictures and descriptions written on the four plants just named. I'll save you the courtesy of Goliaths slow reading pace. Snal is a small species of herb immigrating from Dragonhome to the Starfall isles. The plant when smelled, cooked will ensure a good nights rest.
Efil is a fruit native to the Sunbeam ruins. It is a fruit that is 75% water and orange on the inside. The fruit is good for cuts and stomaches.
Persus is another species of herb that immigrated from the Dragonhome to the Starfall isles along with Snal plants. Persus is a fleshy plant with thick long leaves and small spikes. When cut, Persus has a gel like inside that can be spread over the skin as a disinfectant.
Bruscatium is a rare plant that is only found near the edge of the Shifting Expanse. Bruscatium has multiple benefits. Some of these include, healthy skin, healthy bones, and slight repair of any organ damage. Bruscatium is not meant for consumption or made into ointment for various reasons. Instead the Bruscatium releases a small amount of gas that has a very faint smell of roses and other flowers.

"Wow! I should grab the gardener and Ms.Pupona! As a thanks for this I will of course pay you and also you can have a late lunch with us!"
The figure smiles and they head back into the building.
"The price for all of these is 64000g. Oh and will you be joining us for lunch?"
The figure nods quickly as their stomach growls and Goliath laughs as the figure snickers.

End of chapter 1
windbottom.png
Chapter 1 is done! Yay!
Sorry if the story is confusing, I promise it will make more sense in a few chapters!
(by the way the character in my icon is not the character you see at the end of the chapter.)
Chapter 1 is done! Yay!
Sorry if the story is confusing, I promise it will make more sense in a few chapters!
(by the way the character in my icon is not the character you see at the end of the chapter.)
Also if you have any questions about Galoth or the others some of my dragons have bio's talking about them!
Also if you have any questions about Galoth or the others some of my dragons have bio's talking about them!
Dividers are done by the lovely @osiem please check them out!
Dividers are done by the lovely @osiem please check them out!