Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Migrants from Oakrest
1 2 ... 704 705 706 707 708 ... 1584 1585
Thanks Ixris, I really appreciate the help. I have general ideas from studying, but studies only do so much

Edit: CF you have 2015 posts and its entertaining to me
Thanks Ixris, I really appreciate the help. I have general ideas from studying, but studies only do so much

Edit: CF you have 2015 posts and its entertaining to me
Maevely
jMfomZU.png ________________ ________________
nZDKsIn.png
WvEXipG.png
hzM3Sr2.png
H0t7Ypl.png
ixris - Sleep well! No worries about reusing names. I mean. I have very similar names in my lair even though I tried to convince the dragons to take another name. *side eyes Ash and Ashes and Shadowstar and Sootshadow, among others*

(I am so glad Dil survived the plague btw. <3)

Ah yes, that first kid you posted - that reminds me how much I loved that lore and how tempted I was by that dragon. Sensory/perception/balance issues don't get seen often.

I had to call the squad at work not long ago because someone got stung, plus I have/had various coworkers with food allergies, so it just popped into my head. I imagine food allergies would be harder on dragons who can only eat one food type (like a coatl allergic to shellfish, oh dear). I could swear you've done allergies before, too...I just can't remember off the top of my head. (Memory problems, there's another one...)
ixris - Sleep well! No worries about reusing names. I mean. I have very similar names in my lair even though I tried to convince the dragons to take another name. *side eyes Ash and Ashes and Shadowstar and Sootshadow, among others*

(I am so glad Dil survived the plague btw. <3)

Ah yes, that first kid you posted - that reminds me how much I loved that lore and how tempted I was by that dragon. Sensory/perception/balance issues don't get seen often.

I had to call the squad at work not long ago because someone got stung, plus I have/had various coworkers with food allergies, so it just popped into my head. I imagine food allergies would be harder on dragons who can only eat one food type (like a coatl allergic to shellfish, oh dear). I could swear you've done allergies before, too...I just can't remember off the top of my head. (Memory problems, there's another one...)
Ssnjyqq.pngGqCYo3Z.pngMjhcEqa.png0DjJJeq.pnggbzmCjn.pnggLKyC1J.pngC4p7R9l.pngV2CeOLQ.pngeQ6UJL0.png ICOy8Af.png
I'm still working on my little bit of dragons, but the WC that GM convinced me to buy is actually mute. And has backstory.... that is currently in my head but won't become words
I'm still working on my little bit of dragons, but the WC that GM convinced me to buy is actually mute. And has backstory.... that is currently in my head but won't become words
Maevely
nZDKsIn.png
WvEXipG.png
hzM3Sr2.png
H0t7Ypl.png
I know I've forgotten to reply to a ton of stuff in this thread, and I'm sorry if I accidentally ignored anyone...just poke me if I dropped something. >.>;; *watches Eulerian fill other people's lairs with pretty dragons* [s]It's not me for once lol[/s] Wisea - Thanks for sharing your pronouns! :D I find they/them comfortable (except for the small nagging grammar part of me), but I don't feel a horrible sense of wrongness if someone calls me by a gendered pronoun, so I'll answer to pretty much anything. Whisper - Hope work starts going more smoothly for you and that it's not too overwhelming once school starts! And ahhh, I have many dragons whose lore in my head needs to get put into their bios at some point. :c I'm looking forward to reading about your mute wildclaw someday! <3 @KnightSilver - She's dressed so beautifully! :D A very belated welcome to the thread! GM - Can I just say how much I love this phrase: [quote]my "doing stuff" batteries short out sometimes[/quote] I relate so hard. I wish I wasn't like that, but...sometimes I just don't have the juice. Or the spoons. Or whatever you want to call it.
I know I've forgotten to reply to a ton of stuff in this thread, and I'm sorry if I accidentally ignored anyone...just poke me if I dropped something. >.>;;

*watches Eulerian fill other people's lairs with pretty dragons* It's not me for once lol

Wisea - Thanks for sharing your pronouns! :D I find they/them comfortable (except for the small nagging grammar part of me), but I don't feel a horrible sense of wrongness if someone calls me by a gendered pronoun, so I'll answer to pretty much anything.

Whisper - Hope work starts going more smoothly for you and that it's not too overwhelming once school starts! And ahhh, I have many dragons whose lore in my head needs to get put into their bios at some point. :c I'm looking forward to reading about your mute wildclaw someday! <3

@KnightSilver - She's dressed so beautifully! :D A very belated welcome to the thread!

GM - Can I just say how much I love this phrase:
Quote:
my "doing stuff" batteries short out sometimes

I relate so hard. I wish I wasn't like that, but...sometimes I just don't have the juice. Or the spoons. Or whatever you want to call it.
Ssnjyqq.pngGqCYo3Z.pngMjhcEqa.png0DjJJeq.pnggbzmCjn.pnggLKyC1J.pngC4p7R9l.pngV2CeOLQ.pngeQ6UJL0.png ICOy8Af.png
Sal- the only thing I'm really having trouble with is my ID#, which I need to clock in and out and do anything on my own, won't work... so I'm currently stuck at customer service (no register training, no online classes, none of that) until we get it fixed... but I can tell you I know how to work customer service pretty well now (side note- HOW HARD IS THE FLIPPING ALPHABET)
Sal- the only thing I'm really having trouble with is my ID#, which I need to clock in and out and do anything on my own, won't work... so I'm currently stuck at customer service (no register training, no online classes, none of that) until we get it fixed... but I can tell you I know how to work customer service pretty well now (side note- HOW HARD IS THE FLIPPING ALPHABET)
Maevely
nZDKsIn.png
WvEXipG.png
hzM3Sr2.png
H0t7Ypl.png
Whisper - Oh no, technological difficulties are the worst, especially the ones that make no logical sense. xP Customer service can either be very rewarding or the worst experience, all depending on the customer...
Whisper - Oh no, technological difficulties are the worst, especially the ones that make no logical sense. xP Customer service can either be very rewarding or the worst experience, all depending on the customer...
@ixris

Thanks! I really love writing new stuff, so this was a great platform for that. :D The lore on here is great, and I can start from the beginning and do my own thing without interfering with anyone and I love it. ^^

@Salathielly

Thank you! And, well, thank you! :D
@ixris

Thanks! I really love writing new stuff, so this was a great platform for that. :D The lore on here is great, and I can start from the beginning and do my own thing without interfering with anyone and I love it. ^^

@Salathielly

Thank you! And, well, thank you! :D
OG9ktRC.png
All the people I had today were so nice to me (generally people at bookstores are pretty cool about things) and they all thanked me so much when we finally found their book or when we finally figured out the system is dumb and slow and didn't realize we sold all of a book yet
All the people I had today were so nice to me (generally people at bookstores are pretty cool about things) and they all thanked me so much when we finally found their book or when we finally figured out the system is dumb and slow and didn't realize we sold all of a book yet
Maevely
nZDKsIn.png
WvEXipG.png
hzM3Sr2.png
H0t7Ypl.png
That's great, Whisper! :D And yeah, computer systems can be...slower and less accurate than one would like. xD;;
That's great, Whisper! :D And yeah, computer systems can be...slower and less accurate than one would like. xD;;
ixris- Yeah lmao I didn't word myself very well originally. There are definitely a good number of physical disabilities that have made their way through Oakrest. That was really more directed at the site in general. And maybe personal bias. I think physical disabilities are really interesting to explore/adapt to in lore. Also huh, I guess I never actually got to reading Dilshad's lore??? The more you know.

Also, I would be curious to hear your interpretation of the difference between AS and ASD? I have close family at many points in the spectrum, including myself (very low, managed entirely by diet at this point), and I can't say I would necessarily change my categorization, but I know it's a fairly debated topic and would never pass up hearing other opinions. I tend to stick with the DSM-5 diagnostic, which recategorized AS, Autism, and a couple others under the term ASD a few years back. Basically, while AS and Autism are different, they are both ASD.

Seriously though, I don't want to challenge you on this! I'm purely curious & entirely willing to entertain a civil discussion. And of you'd really rather not get into it, that's totally fine too. I'll drop it, haha.
ixris- Yeah lmao I didn't word myself very well originally. There are definitely a good number of physical disabilities that have made their way through Oakrest. That was really more directed at the site in general. And maybe personal bias. I think physical disabilities are really interesting to explore/adapt to in lore. Also huh, I guess I never actually got to reading Dilshad's lore??? The more you know.

Also, I would be curious to hear your interpretation of the difference between AS and ASD? I have close family at many points in the spectrum, including myself (very low, managed entirely by diet at this point), and I can't say I would necessarily change my categorization, but I know it's a fairly debated topic and would never pass up hearing other opinions. I tend to stick with the DSM-5 diagnostic, which recategorized AS, Autism, and a couple others under the term ASD a few years back. Basically, while AS and Autism are different, they are both ASD.

Seriously though, I don't want to challenge you on this! I'm purely curious & entirely willing to entertain a civil discussion. And of you'd really rather not get into it, that's totally fine too. I'll drop it, haha.
1 2 ... 704 705 706 707 708 ... 1584 1585