Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | LGBTQ+ Community
1 2 ... 74 75 76 77 78 ... 648 649
My mom isn't very supportive. She tolerates my pansexuality, but doesn't believe there are more than two genders. I'd never tell my dad. And my bother thinks homosexuality is sinful so not much support there either. I came out to my whole inner family about my gender and none of them believe in my gender. Only my mom and brother know about my sexuality.

My most interesting coming out story is when I tested my mom a picture of a pan. She didn't think it was funny.

In other news I'm trying out a new name: Ransom. I'm not sure if I like it on me yet, but I've always loved the name. (It's the name of one of my favorite authors, bonus points if you know who he is/what he wrote.)
My mom isn't very supportive. She tolerates my pansexuality, but doesn't believe there are more than two genders. I'd never tell my dad. And my bother thinks homosexuality is sinful so not much support there either. I came out to my whole inner family about my gender and none of them believe in my gender. Only my mom and brother know about my sexuality.

My most interesting coming out story is when I tested my mom a picture of a pan. She didn't think it was funny.

In other news I'm trying out a new name: Ransom. I'm not sure if I like it on me yet, but I've always loved the name. (It's the name of one of my favorite authors, bonus points if you know who he is/what he wrote.)
100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png
I started coming out to people very recently. Told my friends a bit after this time last year, I guess around fall break, and that was really quickly after I'd figured it out for myself.

I came out to my parents a month or two ago, they both took it well and had kind of "shrug, whatever" reactions. I don't know how they would react if I like got into really heavy LGBT+ activism or started dating a girl, and I haven't talked to them about being nonbinary yet (not sure if I will since they, esp my mom, seem to see gender as a spectrum and don't necessarily assume that I am a hardcore cis). Telling my parents I was bi was pretty awkward, because I sort of wanted to make it clear that it wasn't a big deal, but yet a big enough deal that I wanted to make it clear to them.

I a little bit regret it, but only because the memory of the conversations makes me cringe and because I'm a really private person by habit and am more comfortable keeping stuff to myself. If I do start dating a girl or something, though, at least they will be prepared for that and we won't have to have a more awkward conversation further down the line.

I can't remember if I've told my brother yet, lol. I don't think he would care.

I'm trying to avoid telling anybody who would react badly, which thankfully doesn't include anyone who matters to me. When I figure out that people are homophobic or can't handle hearing certain things about me, I do my best to cut them out of my life. (Ik was lucky to be born to a family that is supportive though, bc I probably couldn't do that to them.)
I started coming out to people very recently. Told my friends a bit after this time last year, I guess around fall break, and that was really quickly after I'd figured it out for myself.

I came out to my parents a month or two ago, they both took it well and had kind of "shrug, whatever" reactions. I don't know how they would react if I like got into really heavy LGBT+ activism or started dating a girl, and I haven't talked to them about being nonbinary yet (not sure if I will since they, esp my mom, seem to see gender as a spectrum and don't necessarily assume that I am a hardcore cis). Telling my parents I was bi was pretty awkward, because I sort of wanted to make it clear that it wasn't a big deal, but yet a big enough deal that I wanted to make it clear to them.

I a little bit regret it, but only because the memory of the conversations makes me cringe and because I'm a really private person by habit and am more comfortable keeping stuff to myself. If I do start dating a girl or something, though, at least they will be prepared for that and we won't have to have a more awkward conversation further down the line.

I can't remember if I've told my brother yet, lol. I don't think he would care.

I'm trying to avoid telling anybody who would react badly, which thankfully doesn't include anyone who matters to me. When I figure out that people are homophobic or can't handle hearing certain things about me, I do my best to cut them out of my life. (Ik was lucky to be born to a family that is supportive though, bc I probably couldn't do that to them.)
I post here sometimes. I think I started hormones since the last time I did? Or was just beginning it. I think it's the only good thing going for me right now bc my life is a mess. I may or may not be coming out to a few people who aren't close friends and I'm nervous.

And I'm just going to say this, absolutely, positively, without a single doubt are children capable of knowing their gender and sexuality right away. It took me a long time to put words to it, but I always knew -something- was off. I was never like my peers. And without meaning to, my closes group of friends are all LGBTQ, we gravitated together.
I post here sometimes. I think I started hormones since the last time I did? Or was just beginning it. I think it's the only good thing going for me right now bc my life is a mess. I may or may not be coming out to a few people who aren't close friends and I'm nervous.

And I'm just going to say this, absolutely, positively, without a single doubt are children capable of knowing their gender and sexuality right away. It took me a long time to put words to it, but I always knew -something- was off. I was never like my peers. And without meaning to, my closes group of friends are all LGBTQ, we gravitated together.
xe/xyr/xem
I'm only out to my brother in real life. Not that I think my mom would hate me or anything-my dad (when he was alive) and her basically said that they don't care what my sexuality is. Or my brother's.

Just...I guess my thing is that I haven't really found the time to come out as a biromantic asexual to her and that I think that she pretty much knows that I'm not really interested in dating and such, given that she told me that she's perfectly happy having a granddog. So there's not really a need for a discussion or anything either...

I struggled for a long time in regards to my sexuality. Growing up, I'd have 'concerned' members on my dad's side of the family shocked that I wasn't dating or interested and terrified at the possibility that I could be *gasp!* gay. My mom stood up for me at one function where a family member loudly in my presence thought it would be a good idea to make my lack of dating an issue. My mom told her straight up that it's up to me when I want to date and if I do and it's up to me on what relationship I want and that it's no one else's business or concern. My dad wasn't in the room at the time and thus wasn't there to say anything.

Though I still thought I was weird-didn't understand why people would want to have sex and it wasn't until I was in the Air Force and looking online that I came across the term asexual. Tried telling some friends and they told me that I wasn't natural/that I needed to see a doctor and that I wasn't a plant.

But I couldn't reconcile the issue that I really like the idea of a relationship with men and women, just not a sexual one or if said partner wanted, then we'd have to talk about it and try to come to a happy medium. Really, within the past 4 years I was able to find out about romantic orientations too and it made sense to me.

Though now I'm eh on my gender. Why? Well I never really felt an attachment to it. On rare occasions, I'd feel 'yeah I'm a woman!' most times I'm 'meh' and generally I feel masculine. There was one time that I saw some pictures of women that had surgery on their chest as a preventative for breast cancer and I kind of really thought that might be something for me...

But honestly, I have no intentions of any surgery or anything like that. I identify as a woman, but not strongly. Whatever. At least I have my sexuality down.
I'm only out to my brother in real life. Not that I think my mom would hate me or anything-my dad (when he was alive) and her basically said that they don't care what my sexuality is. Or my brother's.

Just...I guess my thing is that I haven't really found the time to come out as a biromantic asexual to her and that I think that she pretty much knows that I'm not really interested in dating and such, given that she told me that she's perfectly happy having a granddog. So there's not really a need for a discussion or anything either...

I struggled for a long time in regards to my sexuality. Growing up, I'd have 'concerned' members on my dad's side of the family shocked that I wasn't dating or interested and terrified at the possibility that I could be *gasp!* gay. My mom stood up for me at one function where a family member loudly in my presence thought it would be a good idea to make my lack of dating an issue. My mom told her straight up that it's up to me when I want to date and if I do and it's up to me on what relationship I want and that it's no one else's business or concern. My dad wasn't in the room at the time and thus wasn't there to say anything.

Though I still thought I was weird-didn't understand why people would want to have sex and it wasn't until I was in the Air Force and looking online that I came across the term asexual. Tried telling some friends and they told me that I wasn't natural/that I needed to see a doctor and that I wasn't a plant.

But I couldn't reconcile the issue that I really like the idea of a relationship with men and women, just not a sexual one or if said partner wanted, then we'd have to talk about it and try to come to a happy medium. Really, within the past 4 years I was able to find out about romantic orientations too and it made sense to me.

Though now I'm eh on my gender. Why? Well I never really felt an attachment to it. On rare occasions, I'd feel 'yeah I'm a woman!' most times I'm 'meh' and generally I feel masculine. There was one time that I saw some pictures of women that had surgery on their chest as a preventative for breast cancer and I kind of really thought that might be something for me...

But honestly, I have no intentions of any surgery or anything like that. I identify as a woman, but not strongly. Whatever. At least I have my sexuality down.
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
Hey folks, thread pruning happened. Insultingly referring to a sexual orientation or gender identity is against the Rules & Guidelines, and...doesn't really belong in a thread surrounding the LGBT+ community. Let's keep the thread on track from here on out. :)

Thanks!
Hey folks, thread pruning happened. Insultingly referring to a sexual orientation or gender identity is against the Rules & Guidelines, and...doesn't really belong in a thread surrounding the LGBT+ community. Let's keep the thread on track from here on out. :)

Thanks!
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/VJTMzpY.png[/img][/center] [columns][color=#ffffff]........[/color] [nextcol][font=gabriola][size=5][b]Not sure how many people here know or care about this, but[/b] [indent][font=gabriola][size=5]I just wanted to let any fellow Canadians here know that Bill C-16 has officially received Royal Assent. Meaning that gender identity and gender expression will soon be added the the list of prohibited grounds of discrimination. As well as the Criminal Code will be extended for the protection against hate propaganda against gender identity and gender expression. We're gaining rights, guys. Slowly but steadily, they're starting to treat us like everyone else. [nextcol][color=#ffffff]........[/color][/columns] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/IoHkNg6.png[/img][/center]
VJTMzpY.png
........ Not sure how many people here know or care about this, but

I just wanted to let any fellow Canadians here know that Bill C-16 has officially received Royal Assent. Meaning that gender identity and gender expression will soon be added the the list of prohibited grounds of discrimination. As well as the Criminal Code will be extended for the protection against hate propaganda against gender identity and gender expression.

We're gaining rights, guys. Slowly but steadily, they're starting to treat us like everyone else.
IoHkNg6.png
.......................S55kApu.png mlCJTKc.png +Wishlist
+Retchers
+Clan Lore...
V2Qv9Bw.png
@Kebbyll I'm so happy.
@Kebbyll I'm so happy.
xe/xyr/xem
@Kebbyll [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/4c2b01ad9802154a8a04c61a0778ab61/tumblr_nqtoe8jYIr1rzpzito1_500.gif[/img]
@Kebbyll tumblr_nqtoe8jYIr1rzpzito1_500.gif
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/VJTMzpY.png[/img][/center] [columns][color=#ffffff]........[/color] [nextcol][font=gabriola][size=5][b]@Capricas[/b] [indent][font=gabriola][size=5]Yes! Progress is wonderful![/indent] [font=gabriola][size=5][b]@chamaeleon[/b] [indent][font=gabriola][size=5]That's literally what I've been doing all morning. XD [nextcol][color=#ffffff]........[/color][/columns] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/IoHkNg6.png[/img][/center]
VJTMzpY.png
........ @Capricas
Yes! Progress is wonderful!
@chamaeleon
That's literally what I've been doing all morning. XD
IoHkNg6.png
.......................S55kApu.png mlCJTKc.png +Wishlist
+Retchers
+Clan Lore...
V2Qv9Bw.png
@Alpheon Thank you. Unfortunately, things like that happen.
@Alpheon Thank you. Unfortunately, things like that happen.
j8PMqv2.png ob2hmKC.png
1 2 ... 74 75 76 77 78 ... 648 649