Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Fidget Spinners
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
its a stupid ******* toy... anyone should be allowed to use it jesus christ i hate sjws
its a stupid ******* toy... anyone should be allowed to use it jesus christ i hate sjws
[quote name="Faustitas" date=2017-06-26 09:41:08] I personally don't use a spinner- I use a silent cube with different types of buttons and toggles, switches etc that helps me calm down after panic/anxiety attacks and doesn't annoy anyone. I think it's alright that it's become a fad because it somewhat normalises neurodivergent people using them as they don't stand out too much (which can be really bad for some people). [/quote] Fidget spinners don't really help me at all but I have one of these cubes and it's really, really helpful for my anxiety. I also don't see an issue with people who don't necessarily "need" these items having them. They're a product---a useful product for a lot of people, but still a product---and I think if someone wants to buy them for whatever reason they can do that, I don't think I have the right to tell them they can't.
Faustitas wrote on 2017-06-26:
I personally don't use a spinner- I use a silent cube with different types of buttons and toggles, switches etc that helps me calm down after panic/anxiety attacks and doesn't annoy anyone. I think it's alright that it's become a fad because it somewhat normalises neurodivergent people using them as they don't stand out too much (which can be really bad for some people).

Fidget spinners don't really help me at all but I have one of these cubes and it's really, really helpful for my anxiety. I also don't see an issue with people who don't necessarily "need" these items having them. They're a product---a useful product for a lot of people, but still a product---and I think if someone wants to buy them for whatever reason they can do that, I don't think I have the right to tell them they can't.
tumblr_otyh5kkff31vsg0m1o1_400.png
i don't use one personally— I have a cube and a fidget widget that suit me just fine— but i really don't get why ppl are so vitriolic about it. like, yeah they can be annoying, but it's not like the end of the goddamn world, yknow? Esp. this weird anger towards lil kids treating them like toys because they're, yknow children and that's what they do. Like, oh no, a child is playing with a toy, call the police, buhuhuhu (then again, i shouldn't be surprised, so many ppl these days are just so horrible about kids lmao)

and i really don't care who uses them either. adhd, anxiety, autism, you're neurotypical but just tend to fidget, you're literally a child, i don't care. if it helps it helps, and if you like it then that's your problem. (same if you don't. there's literally no point in getting mad at ppl who use them. it's not gonna do anything except at worst make them feel ashamed for something super minor and at best it's just literally not going to change anything and you still have to find your own way to deal with this thing you're so angered by).

in essence just… no need to get heated. there's better ways to spend your time and energy than getting riled up over a trend.
i don't use one personally— I have a cube and a fidget widget that suit me just fine— but i really don't get why ppl are so vitriolic about it. like, yeah they can be annoying, but it's not like the end of the goddamn world, yknow? Esp. this weird anger towards lil kids treating them like toys because they're, yknow children and that's what they do. Like, oh no, a child is playing with a toy, call the police, buhuhuhu (then again, i shouldn't be surprised, so many ppl these days are just so horrible about kids lmao)

and i really don't care who uses them either. adhd, anxiety, autism, you're neurotypical but just tend to fidget, you're literally a child, i don't care. if it helps it helps, and if you like it then that's your problem. (same if you don't. there's literally no point in getting mad at ppl who use them. it's not gonna do anything except at worst make them feel ashamed for something super minor and at best it's just literally not going to change anything and you still have to find your own way to deal with this thing you're so angered by).

in essence just… no need to get heated. there's better ways to spend your time and energy than getting riled up over a trend.
13ee4657328d39e8dd08554c4b0bec370d00a6b7.png
I have AD/HD and anxiety, and my spinner helps me sometimes. It kind of depends on the situation, though, because my attention span varies when it comes to different topics. My twin brother gives me so much crap for it, though, and it really annoys me. He says stuff like, "You're a grown-*** adult, and you bought one of those?" Mine's not even that noisy, which is amazing considering how heavy it is. It's also got an awesome design. Look at it! [img]http://www.fidgetys.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/heytech-Metal-Fidget-Spinner-Hand-Spinners-Fidget-Toy-EDC-Hand-Spinner-Ultra-Durable-Zinc-Alloy-Made-Triple-Wings-Chinese-Dragon-0.jpg[/img]
I have AD/HD and anxiety, and my spinner helps me sometimes. It kind of depends on the situation, though, because my attention span varies when it comes to different topics. My twin brother gives me so much crap for it, though, and it really annoys me. He says stuff like, "You're a grown-*** adult, and you bought one of those?" Mine's not even that noisy, which is amazing considering how heavy it is. It's also got an awesome design. Look at it!
heytech-Metal-Fidget-Spinner-Hand-Spinners-Fidget-Toy-EDC-Hand-Spinner-Ultra-Durable-Zinc-Alloy-Made-Triple-Wings-Chinese-Dragon-0.jpg
jWAyGvS.jpg
Save Sornieth's Birds
rsz-612abf105149ce0d4a915a64bc527a9d.pngdNi7kr2.jpg 34e440a48f4368b81567270219f7e54142d18a63_128.gif
I have ADD, but I don't have hyperactivity - just the attention deficit - and find them distracting. They're fun, but they don't help me focus on other things.

Also, I have tendonitis in my thumbs, so it hurts to hold the things.

My offspring has anxiety and finds it soothing, so I think it's a good thing. If only it didn't make that noise that seems so loud when all is otherwise quiet!
I have ADD, but I don't have hyperactivity - just the attention deficit - and find them distracting. They're fun, but they don't help me focus on other things.

Also, I have tendonitis in my thumbs, so it hurts to hold the things.

My offspring has anxiety and finds it soothing, so I think it's a good thing. If only it didn't make that noise that seems so loud when all is otherwise quiet!
b6f3d4ea76e68d8090de5809afe1f0105cf2c98e.pngoYfCraJ.png0HxJjfZ.gif TAzcwMk.gif
I stole one of the desk of someone at my dad"s work. I just gotta spin now man. it's like that one junji ito manga
I stole one of the desk of someone at my dad"s work. I just gotta spin now man. it's like that one junji ito manga
You know, my school actually had the nerve to BAN them. What's worse is that you can't even use them outside of class. For a person like me, I tend to mess with my fingers and nails a lot. Luckily my aunt bought me one of the quiet metal ones. Doesn't really help me when I just sit there after taking a exam. One thing that bothers me is that most people think of them as some kind of game. "A new trend" they call it.
You know, my school actually had the nerve to BAN them. What's worse is that you can't even use them outside of class. For a person like me, I tend to mess with my fingers and nails a lot. Luckily my aunt bought me one of the quiet metal ones. Doesn't really help me when I just sit there after taking a exam. One thing that bothers me is that most people think of them as some kind of game. "A new trend" they call it.
MV1Iakt.png they/them | 18 | artist | INTP | FR+2 MV1Iakt.png
@Ceravine I didn't buy mine it was given to me but as coming from someone who has autism it really does help with stress.
@Ceravine I didn't buy mine it was given to me but as coming from someone who has autism it really does help with stress.
*B.R Hatchery*

Wishlist: By Item

Wishlist: By Dragon
To Find a Dragon-ers: Please ping even if you aren't interested! :)
I have add and I have one and as a high schooler I love it. I usually tap my fingers which annoys people but now I have something to do with my hands. I don't agree with every 9 year old just staring at one in the middle of class though.
I have add and I have one and as a high schooler I love it. I usually tap my fingers which annoys people but now I have something to do with my hands. I don't agree with every 9 year old just staring at one in the middle of class though.
obBQTcR.giflightshieldr.pngGod Bless America
I own one, metal, the weight keeps me grounded and if I want a break from -everything- I play with it. IMO It's an at home soothing toy.
I own one, metal, the weight keeps me grounded and if I want a break from -everything- I play with it. IMO It's an at home soothing toy.
xe/xyr/xem
1 2 3 4 5 6 7