Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Lag
I've been having a lot of issues with the games lagging as well as the site in general. Today has been very bad. Even typing this it's not keeping up. Anyone else with this issue?
I've been having a lot of issues with the games lagging as well as the site in general. Today has been very bad. Even typing this it's not keeping up. Anyone else with this issue?
z9bVpPy.png
@LLHBBB
I'm having a tiny bit of lag, but that just might be because my internet sucks :/ another solution may be increased activity due to the event? I always find the site gets a bit more laggy when events start..especially the coli
@LLHBBB
I'm having a tiny bit of lag, but that just might be because my internet sucks :/ another solution may be increased activity due to the event? I always find the site gets a bit more laggy when events start..especially the coli
Banner_Small.png
Yup.... the lag has been horrible. Off to find something else to do because this is pointless.
Yup.... the lag has been horrible. Off to find something else to do because this is pointless.
maybe it's time for a site reboot. looks like this annoying lag is effecting all area's of the game and I've not seen more than normal people logged in. I've done a reboot and cleared out my cashe and all other sites work fine for me it's only FR lagging.
maybe it's time for a site reboot. looks like this annoying lag is effecting all area's of the game and I've not seen more than normal people logged in. I've done a reboot and cleared out my cashe and all other sites work fine for me it's only FR lagging.
z9bVpPy.png
I've recently joined the site and am having great fun with it--it's a lot better than most other online virtual pet-type sims I've played, and I'd like to keep playing. The only real complaint I have about the site are the tremendously annoying lags I keep getting.

The lags occur in the Coliseum and the Fairgrounds games. Usually these games work just fine the first few minutes I'm playing them, but then the game starts lagging up something fierce. For instance, I may be doing a jigsaw puzzle, and as I'm putting the frame of the puzzle together the game is running smoothly. But then, all of a sudden, I go to move a piece and it drags slowly and jerkily behind my cursor. Finally, a couple of minutes later, it's lagging so badly that I click on a piece and it doesn't do anything, until almost a minute later when it shifts over a few centimeters in the direction I tried to drag it.

The lagging problem is even more frustrating on games like the bubble-popping one and the Arcanist's runes matching game, where a lag can mean I don't have a choice except to lose.

I've noticed that when the lagging occurs, a bunch of little messages are popping up in the lower left corner of my browser window, saying things like "waiting for ads.advertising.net" and "connecting..." and other things related to loading up the site's advertisements. Perhaps this has something to do with the problem? Although, those same messages are popping up right now as I type but I am not experiencing a lag. The lags only happen, as I have said, during the fairground games and coliseum battles.

I'm not experiencing this problem on other websites on this computer. Plus, this is actually a brand-new laptop made for gaming, so I don't think it has anything to do with my machine.

I am really loving Flight Rising, but it is disheartening that I can't enjoy the games without fighting past an irritating wave of lagging problems. I hope that whatever is causing this issue can be resolved!
I've recently joined the site and am having great fun with it--it's a lot better than most other online virtual pet-type sims I've played, and I'd like to keep playing. The only real complaint I have about the site are the tremendously annoying lags I keep getting.

The lags occur in the Coliseum and the Fairgrounds games. Usually these games work just fine the first few minutes I'm playing them, but then the game starts lagging up something fierce. For instance, I may be doing a jigsaw puzzle, and as I'm putting the frame of the puzzle together the game is running smoothly. But then, all of a sudden, I go to move a piece and it drags slowly and jerkily behind my cursor. Finally, a couple of minutes later, it's lagging so badly that I click on a piece and it doesn't do anything, until almost a minute later when it shifts over a few centimeters in the direction I tried to drag it.

The lagging problem is even more frustrating on games like the bubble-popping one and the Arcanist's runes matching game, where a lag can mean I don't have a choice except to lose.

I've noticed that when the lagging occurs, a bunch of little messages are popping up in the lower left corner of my browser window, saying things like "waiting for ads.advertising.net" and "connecting..." and other things related to loading up the site's advertisements. Perhaps this has something to do with the problem? Although, those same messages are popping up right now as I type but I am not experiencing a lag. The lags only happen, as I have said, during the fairground games and coliseum battles.

I'm not experiencing this problem on other websites on this computer. Plus, this is actually a brand-new laptop made for gaming, so I don't think it has anything to do with my machine.

I am really loving Flight Rising, but it is disheartening that I can't enjoy the games without fighting past an irritating wave of lagging problems. I hope that whatever is causing this issue can be resolved!
Hey guys!

This may have something to do with some of the ads currently cycling through the system. If you get the lag, check your status bar at the bottom of your browser. If you notice a lot of "waiting for [site]" happening, it could very well be an ad.

Best thing to do temporarily is to enable ad blocker and see if this resolves the issue for you. If it does, please drop a note in the Ad Report Thread. Try to toss out as many of the sites as you can manage, this will help the ad folks narrow down the issue.

Thanks!
Hey guys!

This may have something to do with some of the ads currently cycling through the system. If you get the lag, check your status bar at the bottom of your browser. If you notice a lot of "waiting for [site]" happening, it could very well be an ad.

Best thing to do temporarily is to enable ad blocker and see if this resolves the issue for you. If it does, please drop a note in the Ad Report Thread. Try to toss out as many of the sites as you can manage, this will help the ad folks narrow down the issue.

Thanks!
..........................................................~FR+1~
Mod Tip: Site bugging out? Clear your cache. :)
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group.
GnWIkP6.gif
It's definately the ads.
It's definately the ads.
tumblr_oqna6jMjdI1u402sco1_100.pngtumblr_oqna6jMjdI1u402sco2_250.pngtumblr_oqna6jMjdI1u402sco3_250.pngtumblr_oqna6jMjdI1u402sco4_250.png
It was certainly the ads for me, mainly starting within the last month or two. I had never had any issues before. Downloaded something to block them and boom, all good now.
It was certainly the ads for me, mainly starting within the last month or two. I had never had any issues before. Downloaded something to block them and boom, all good now.
Its all the ads popping up on the site. It's affecting everything from typing to the coli. It's so annoying. The lag hasn't happen this bad before
Its all the ads popping up on the site. It's affecting everything from typing to the coli. It's so annoying. The lag hasn't happen this bad before
WaterFamiliars_zpscjnbna8i.png