Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Critique, Anyone?
I'd like some critique on this. I made it in Krita desktop using a laptop that runs on Linux Kubuntu. It's of my two wyvern characters, Lirael and Karael.
I'd like some critique on this. I made it in Krita desktop using a laptop that runs on Linux Kubuntu. It's of my two wyvern characters, Lirael and Karael.
UOO8oB4.png
KdJtVsv.png
Rw7uKRS.png
mlHpBMC.png
It looks nice! I like the way you've made the background echo the character palettes in reverse. As far as concrit, it's hard to give without knowing your style more intimately, but things that I think could lift this specific piece would be a bit more detail. Like, are they fluffy/feathery? If so, maybe a few more layered lines near the ruff would carry that motif along,

I also feel like colored linework might greatly benefit your style. With just black, it's a bit stark and you focus too much on the color textures, but you could play around with a few shades and see what works? It would work a little bit better with the paint stroke style of your coloring, too, like more organic?

If you're okay with me messing with your image I can do a quick and dirty edit to show what I mean. Otherwise, good luck!
It looks nice! I like the way you've made the background echo the character palettes in reverse. As far as concrit, it's hard to give without knowing your style more intimately, but things that I think could lift this specific piece would be a bit more detail. Like, are they fluffy/feathery? If so, maybe a few more layered lines near the ruff would carry that motif along,

I also feel like colored linework might greatly benefit your style. With just black, it's a bit stark and you focus too much on the color textures, but you could play around with a few shades and see what works? It would work a little bit better with the paint stroke style of your coloring, too, like more organic?

If you're okay with me messing with your image I can do a quick and dirty edit to show what I mean. Otherwise, good luck!
@beastlyart
Thanks for the advice, it probably would look better if I used more detail & different line colors. And I wouldn't mind you editing it!
@beastlyart
Thanks for the advice, it probably would look better if I used more detail & different line colors. And I wouldn't mind you editing it!
UOO8oB4.png
KdJtVsv.png
Rw7uKRS.png
mlHpBMC.png