Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you find the perfect name?
1 2 3 4
Hello! I'm new on Flight Rising, I was told to join by a close friend of mine, and it's pretty fun so far~
However, I actually want to reach out to the community to hopefully make more friends, so I'm making a little ice-breaker thread~ / v \

So, how do you find names for your Dragons? Do you come up with names yourselves? Do you find ones with the perfect meaning behind them? Or, like me, do you just name them after your favorite Anime characters? //SWEATS NERVOUSLY AND LOOKS TOWARDS MY DRAGON I NAMED DIO "k-kono dio da......."
Hello! I'm new on Flight Rising, I was told to join by a close friend of mine, and it's pretty fun so far~
However, I actually want to reach out to the community to hopefully make more friends, so I'm making a little ice-breaker thread~ / v \

So, how do you find names for your Dragons? Do you come up with names yourselves? Do you find ones with the perfect meaning behind them? Or, like me, do you just name them after your favorite Anime characters? //SWEATS NERVOUSLY AND LOOKS TOWARDS MY DRAGON I NAMED DIO "k-kono dio da......."
@gomdori

hello, and welcome to flight rising! if you would like a free dragon i can send one over ;)

i use google translate. i search up something that has to do with their theme (example: i bought a dragon today that i wanted to name something having to do with 'alligator' or 'crocodile') and i look it up in different languages. i tried portuguese (my favorite), italian, japanese and more! i look through all the different languages until i find the one that makes the word look the most intriguing. i highly suggest doing this :D

another one i do is look up a word that fits the dragon's personality, such as bitter. i look up synonyms, and i click on the most interesting synonym. most often, you can eventually wind up at a very rarely used word (Acrimony -- one of my dragons) and know that it actually means something (in English!)

hopefully this helped you :>
@gomdori

hello, and welcome to flight rising! if you would like a free dragon i can send one over ;)

i use google translate. i search up something that has to do with their theme (example: i bought a dragon today that i wanted to name something having to do with 'alligator' or 'crocodile') and i look it up in different languages. i tried portuguese (my favorite), italian, japanese and more! i look through all the different languages until i find the one that makes the word look the most intriguing. i highly suggest doing this :D

another one i do is look up a word that fits the dragon's personality, such as bitter. i look up synonyms, and i click on the most interesting synonym. most often, you can eventually wind up at a very rarely used word (Acrimony -- one of my dragons) and know that it actually means something (in English!)

hopefully this helped you :>
WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

Many matchy g1s up for offer here! Send a PM!
29369802.png featured
dragon
@nightrising -- OH! You're too kind! ^Q^ However, I don't feel right taking something for free~ ; o ;
Thank you regardless, for the offer~! <3

Oh! That's what I do sometimes, too! Although the only problem is that some of the words for short, simple names come out awkwardly long sometimes~ xP

Yes, it definitely did help me quite a lot! Thank you so much~! <3
@nightrising -- OH! You're too kind! ^Q^ However, I don't feel right taking something for free~ ; o ;
Thank you regardless, for the offer~! <3

Oh! That's what I do sometimes, too! Although the only problem is that some of the words for short, simple names come out awkwardly long sometimes~ xP

Yes, it definitely did help me quite a lot! Thank you so much~! <3
@gomdori

;p if you say so! he ain't goin' nowhere but getting exalted though!

yeah! and i agree. that happens far too often.

you're very welcome!! :>
@gomdori

;p if you say so! he ain't goin' nowhere but getting exalted though!

yeah! and i agree. that happens far too often.

you're very welcome!! :>
WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

Many matchy g1s up for offer here! Send a PM!
29369802.png featured
dragon
I name mine after final fantasy and other RPG summon names. (One is named after a favorite anime character, hello Killua~) I don't know why, but they just seemed to be the perfect names for them. I usually try to go with color to type of summon. Like Ixion is lightning, and Myst is well...mist colored. :>
I name mine after final fantasy and other RPG summon names. (One is named after a favorite anime character, hello Killua~) I don't know why, but they just seemed to be the perfect names for them. I usually try to go with color to type of summon. Like Ixion is lightning, and Myst is well...mist colored. :>
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
Welcome to FR! Cool thread actually.
As for me, I usually don't ^^; (exhibit 1: my custom progen named after women's underwear) I usually name them after whatever's on my mind at the time. Like I named Dune right after I finished reading Dune and kind of wanted something desert-related. I named Arabella after a song I happen to like right now. And there are a handful of names that I just slapped on and stuck.
If I get stressed about naming I just force myself to pick one, and that's actually worked pretty well for me for the most part. Music, movies, books, video games, and more are all fair game.
Welcome to FR! Cool thread actually.
As for me, I usually don't ^^; (exhibit 1: my custom progen named after women's underwear) I usually name them after whatever's on my mind at the time. Like I named Dune right after I finished reading Dune and kind of wanted something desert-related. I named Arabella after a song I happen to like right now. And there are a handful of names that I just slapped on and stuck.
If I get stressed about naming I just force myself to pick one, and that's actually worked pretty well for me for the most part. Music, movies, books, video games, and more are all fair game.
iiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz04t.pngiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz085.pngiiiiiiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz0bq.png
All of my Coatls are named after food. It's just a thing that started one day.
All of my Coatls are named after food. It's just a thing that started one day.
My writing project.
@gomdori - Hey there! Welcome to Flight Rising! Just letting you know I moved your thread over to Flight Rising Discussion, since your topic is about the game itself. General discussion is more like... "What's your favorite T.V. show?" "Have you seen this dog? It's Awesome!" "What is the Air Speed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow?" Things like that. Enjoy your time here! And if you ever have any problems, please let me, or JCStitches (who is Light Flight's resident moderator) know!
@gomdori - Hey there! Welcome to Flight Rising! Just letting you know I moved your thread over to Flight Rising Discussion, since your topic is about the game itself. General discussion is more like... "What's your favorite T.V. show?" "Have you seen this dog? It's Awesome!" "What is the Air Speed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow?" Things like that. Enjoy your time here! And if you ever have any problems, please let me, or JCStitches (who is Light Flight's resident moderator) know!
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group
Not gonna lie:

> Buys dragons
> Thinks of words to describe or relate to that dragon
> Enter words here
> Pick which word I think looks coolest
Not gonna lie:

> Buys dragons
> Thinks of words to describe or relate to that dragon
> Enter words here
> Pick which word I think looks coolest
Tn4aWhc.png
Unless they are gonna be permas with a specific lore in mind allready I don't. I leave them unnamed most of the time unless Some name I see strikes my fancy or they are allready named with something acceptable.

I have some Unnamed permas though - because I like the look and lore possibilities.

What I'm always unsure with is breeding projects. I'm gonna exalt the ones I used to breed usually. People sometimes write me pms or comments because they are happy that the dragon I bought seems to be a perma (nope.. only long time breeding). And when I tell them I'm gonna exalt it later on they ask me to name it. Sometimes I ask what they want for a name (since I don't care) - other times this brings me into trouble since I wanted the parents nameless and so I can't really name them before exalting or I ruin my breeding project.
Unless they are gonna be permas with a specific lore in mind allready I don't. I leave them unnamed most of the time unless Some name I see strikes my fancy or they are allready named with something acceptable.

I have some Unnamed permas though - because I like the look and lore possibilities.

What I'm always unsure with is breeding projects. I'm gonna exalt the ones I used to breed usually. People sometimes write me pms or comments because they are happy that the dragon I bought seems to be a perma (nope.. only long time breeding). And when I tell them I'm gonna exalt it later on they ask me to name it. Sometimes I ask what they want for a name (since I don't care) - other times this brings me into trouble since I wanted the parents nameless and so I can't really name them before exalting or I ruin my breeding project.
1 2 3 4