Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | ARK: Survival Evolved-- my disaster
1 2 3
theriz are eeevil.

Someone should make a modde Sornieth map and server and then we could all play there random-internet-jerk-free.
theriz are eeevil.

Someone should make a modde Sornieth map and server and then we could all play there random-internet-jerk-free.
@yungmoose
Those OP birds are so horrible... I've started to call them "fear turkeys".
When they were just added, four or so spawned in the area around me and my bf's camp in one game. Took a kaprosuchus and a fair share of raptors to get them killed >.>

Ark really has a lot of awesome moments - and a lot of horrible moments that makes me want to throw my controller out the window!
Here's one of those moments that got me really scared of playing Ark;

In my very first game, I told my bf that the very last creature I wanted to meet was the titanoboa. Guess who we met travelling in the dark of the night! And when morning came, yet another of those nasty things showed up D:

Oh well, we survied, and shortly after made a temp camp. Then we were off to try an tame one of those Paracers. This one was stuck in a cliff, so we thought it wouldn't be too hard... only, it unstuck pretty quickly and threw both of us off the cliff and into a swamp - the very last place I wanted to be after those titanoboa encounters.

We couldn't find an easy way up, but then my bf spotted some Calicos, and decided to try and tame those instead (we didn't know they needed beer at the time?). So, after shooting rocks at these two idiot monkey things for forever, one of them finally got enough and ran away in fear. My bf went down to hunt it, but was killed quickly but the one remaning, leaving me alone, "safely" on a rock. From there I could see the calico run into the swamp... until, it suddenly decided to run back again. At this moment I knew something terrible had to be happening, since that calico was more afraid of the swamp than of me.

Sure enough, I watch it die - and then, out of the swamp comes this crocodile thingy. "Oh well," I think, since I'm safely perched upon my rock. Only this freak of a thing jumps like two meters in the air and starts attacking me D:

I try to run from it, but it's so fast and just grabs me in it's mouth, shaking me while I frantically try to beat it senseless with a club. It's almost like it's trying to drag me into the swamp to eat me!

I obviously died shortly after. When we went back to get your things, the kapro was thankfully nowhere in sight. We finally found a way up the cliff... only to be eaten by raptor :)

Now we usually run games with taming, growing, hatching and mating speed increased. I spent most of my time breeding pretty raptors. Even when I'm not playing FR, I'm playing FR xD

@yungmoose
Those OP birds are so horrible... I've started to call them "fear turkeys".
When they were just added, four or so spawned in the area around me and my bf's camp in one game. Took a kaprosuchus and a fair share of raptors to get them killed >.>

Ark really has a lot of awesome moments - and a lot of horrible moments that makes me want to throw my controller out the window!
Here's one of those moments that got me really scared of playing Ark;

In my very first game, I told my bf that the very last creature I wanted to meet was the titanoboa. Guess who we met travelling in the dark of the night! And when morning came, yet another of those nasty things showed up D:

Oh well, we survied, and shortly after made a temp camp. Then we were off to try an tame one of those Paracers. This one was stuck in a cliff, so we thought it wouldn't be too hard... only, it unstuck pretty quickly and threw both of us off the cliff and into a swamp - the very last place I wanted to be after those titanoboa encounters.

We couldn't find an easy way up, but then my bf spotted some Calicos, and decided to try and tame those instead (we didn't know they needed beer at the time?). So, after shooting rocks at these two idiot monkey things for forever, one of them finally got enough and ran away in fear. My bf went down to hunt it, but was killed quickly but the one remaning, leaving me alone, "safely" on a rock. From there I could see the calico run into the swamp... until, it suddenly decided to run back again. At this moment I knew something terrible had to be happening, since that calico was more afraid of the swamp than of me.

Sure enough, I watch it die - and then, out of the swamp comes this crocodile thingy. "Oh well," I think, since I'm safely perched upon my rock. Only this freak of a thing jumps like two meters in the air and starts attacking me D:

I try to run from it, but it's so fast and just grabs me in it's mouth, shaking me while I frantically try to beat it senseless with a club. It's almost like it's trying to drag me into the swamp to eat me!

I obviously died shortly after. When we went back to get your things, the kapro was thankfully nowhere in sight. We finally found a way up the cliff... only to be eaten by raptor :)

Now we usually run games with taming, growing, hatching and mating speed increased. I spent most of my time breeding pretty raptors. Even when I'm not playing FR, I'm playing FR xD

Hy86VRp.png
» Elf Subs.
» Peryton Adopts
» Adopts
@Silence

I call them Danger floofs after the now heavily nerfed therizinos in The Isle.

Sounds like quite the adventure there! I like Kaprosuchus, but its definitely annoying when wild.

The only dino that's worse than Theris are the troodons. I recently had to reset my singleplayer world because a troodon pack knocked me out while I was wearing full riot gear. 5 hours later and they hadn't even dented my health and I couldn't wake up to get away >.>
@Silence

I call them Danger floofs after the now heavily nerfed therizinos in The Isle.

Sounds like quite the adventure there! I like Kaprosuchus, but its definitely annoying when wild.

The only dino that's worse than Theris are the troodons. I recently had to reset my singleplayer world because a troodon pack knocked me out while I was wearing full riot gear. 5 hours later and they hadn't even dented my health and I couldn't wake up to get away >.>
@Colubridae
That's really cute!
When did they get nerfed? I haven't really dared pit myself against one in some time, so I'm not sure I'd know xD

It's really useful once tamed. In the same game we did eventually end up tame one, which we lovingly called Joan Cena from their ability to jump so freakishly long! I still don't really like them though P:

That sucks :c I had probably cheated my way out of it, but then again, I'm not entirely into the "survival" of Ark. Not when fear turkeys and carno's just spawn randomly in the easy areas.
But yeah, troodons are terrible. There's only one, so you think you're safe, and then suddenly you, and all of your dinos are dead to a tiny flock of death >.>
Usually being knocked out is not so bad when you have friends near. But once, a pachy knocked me out in water and I drowned... and there's just nothing anyone can do about it.

@Colubridae
That's really cute!
When did they get nerfed? I haven't really dared pit myself against one in some time, so I'm not sure I'd know xD

It's really useful once tamed. In the same game we did eventually end up tame one, which we lovingly called Joan Cena from their ability to jump so freakishly long! I still don't really like them though P:

That sucks :c I had probably cheated my way out of it, but then again, I'm not entirely into the "survival" of Ark. Not when fear turkeys and carno's just spawn randomly in the easy areas.
But yeah, troodons are terrible. There's only one, so you think you're safe, and then suddenly you, and all of your dinos are dead to a tiny flock of death >.>
Usually being knocked out is not so bad when you have friends near. But once, a pachy knocked me out in water and I drowned... and there's just nothing anyone can do about it.

Hy86VRp.png
» Elf Subs.
» Peryton Adopts
» Adopts
@Silence
that story.. sounds terrifying D: i've heard stories about the leaping alligators lmao crazy scary stuff. titanoboas honestly slither out of nowhere too and are terrifying especially at night!! Ark is full of nightmarish terrors i guess. with the troodons i'll be running around or whatever at night and the moment i see those little glowy eyes it's like NOPE and high-tale it away in any other direction lol

i hope to one day breed beautiful dinos as well. i also hope they add more color options eventually :3 i want some pastel mfing dinos

@Silence
that story.. sounds terrifying D: i've heard stories about the leaping alligators lmao crazy scary stuff. titanoboas honestly slither out of nowhere too and are terrifying especially at night!! Ark is full of nightmarish terrors i guess. with the troodons i'll be running around or whatever at night and the moment i see those little glowy eyes it's like NOPE and high-tale it away in any other direction lol

i hope to one day breed beautiful dinos as well. i also hope they add more color options eventually :3 i want some pastel mfing dinos

s2z8Knd.gif
@Ankokou
Thanks! ^^ Hungry Hungry Dinos I already found myself, but now I subscribed for Dino Nests 3 too. So far my experience with HHD is that.. nothing attacks me, lol. I went to touch a dilo basically and it just didn't attack me. Can't say I mind though, especially so close to the start. I don't particularly play this game for the survival thrill; I just wanna build myself a nice base and tame myself a bunch of cute dinos. That's why I play single player too. I'm really quite fine not being harassed every time I turn my back to chop down a tree.

It's been so long since I last played.. there's so much new stuff. Last time I played was when the wolves were brand new. So far I can say that.. I really hate these thieving dinos with a passion, especially the seagull one. :D So I may or may have not disabled those in my game. They're more annoying than they are amusing.
@Ankokou
Thanks! ^^ Hungry Hungry Dinos I already found myself, but now I subscribed for Dino Nests 3 too. So far my experience with HHD is that.. nothing attacks me, lol. I went to touch a dilo basically and it just didn't attack me. Can't say I mind though, especially so close to the start. I don't particularly play this game for the survival thrill; I just wanna build myself a nice base and tame myself a bunch of cute dinos. That's why I play single player too. I'm really quite fine not being harassed every time I turn my back to chop down a tree.

It's been so long since I last played.. there's so much new stuff. Last time I played was when the wolves were brand new. So far I can say that.. I really hate these thieving dinos with a passion, especially the seagull one. :D So I may or may have not disabled those in my game. They're more annoying than they are amusing.
@yungmoose
Oh yes they are P: I've gotten a little more used to them after wading through the desert in Scorched Earth... I'm even pretty sure we found an albino once, but they're still quite nasty.
I usually don't go around at night, and if I do, I have a score of dinos with me xD My nerves can't handle being attacked out of nowhere.

Me too! I'm pretty sad there aren't naturally blue raptors. I've managed to breed a color mutation once, but those are very vibrant, and this one was pink feathers I believe? The mutations can be really hard to tell >.>
Pastel would be so cute. I'm imagining baby pink raptors and t-rexes xD! Breeding in general is just cute and a great way to take a break from the usual survival.

@yungmoose
Oh yes they are P: I've gotten a little more used to them after wading through the desert in Scorched Earth... I'm even pretty sure we found an albino once, but they're still quite nasty.
I usually don't go around at night, and if I do, I have a score of dinos with me xD My nerves can't handle being attacked out of nowhere.

Me too! I'm pretty sad there aren't naturally blue raptors. I've managed to breed a color mutation once, but those are very vibrant, and this one was pink feathers I believe? The mutations can be really hard to tell >.>
Pastel would be so cute. I'm imagining baby pink raptors and t-rexes xD! Breeding in general is just cute and a great way to take a break from the usual survival.

Hy86VRp.png
» Elf Subs.
» Peryton Adopts
» Adopts
1 2 3