Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Questions for cosplayers!
1 2
@astricida

I JUST ORDERED AN AMERICA COSPLAY AND I AM SO HYPER RIGHT NOW!
Oh, I love Spain!! Good luck with your cosplay! We'll see how mine goes :D
@astricida

I JUST ORDERED AN AMERICA COSPLAY AND I AM SO HYPER RIGHT NOW!
Oh, I love Spain!! Good luck with your cosplay! We'll see how mine goes :D
efp3UiJ.png
@AlfredFJones

The cosplays I'm working on are very basic. Nothing like elaborated fantasy, sci-fi or anime and I have no intention of entering competitions, so I can't give you any big specific advice there. What I suggest is looking for cheap clothes shops. There are very few thrift shops in my country or at least in my town, so it's usually cheaper and easier for me to just find cheap clothes shops. I'm also adding my voice to the idea of learning how to sew. You don't necessarily need to learn anything overly complicated. You can do a lot of things with basic moves (moves is probably not the right word XD). It's a very useful life skill that can save you quite a bit of money even if you don't cosplay.

About hiding your chest: Do you want to? I'm female, but I always cosplay males and I have never tried to hide my chest. I've also seen plenty of women who don't try to hide their chests, so don't feel that you have to if you don't want to.
@AlfredFJones

The cosplays I'm working on are very basic. Nothing like elaborated fantasy, sci-fi or anime and I have no intention of entering competitions, so I can't give you any big specific advice there. What I suggest is looking for cheap clothes shops. There are very few thrift shops in my country or at least in my town, so it's usually cheaper and easier for me to just find cheap clothes shops. I'm also adding my voice to the idea of learning how to sew. You don't necessarily need to learn anything overly complicated. You can do a lot of things with basic moves (moves is probably not the right word XD). It's a very useful life skill that can save you quite a bit of money even if you don't cosplay.

About hiding your chest: Do you want to? I'm female, but I always cosplay males and I have never tried to hide my chest. I've also seen plenty of women who don't try to hide their chests, so don't feel that you have to if you don't want to.
Female
tumblr_ny2ndzv4FB1u3noruo1_100.png qSaPwJQ.png
20VRtmo.png
@Raistlin24

Cool, thank you!

That part's optional for me. I probably won't. Basically I'd just try to hide my chest if I wanted the cosplay to look extra convincing :)
@Raistlin24

Cool, thank you!

That part's optional for me. I probably won't. Basically I'd just try to hide my chest if I wanted the cosplay to look extra convincing :)
efp3UiJ.png
I've been cosplaying, making costumes. and sewing for 7+ years and here's my take on it:

If you buy your cosplay, you're a cosplayer and unless you lie and tell people you made it yourself or try to compete in it, then you're not doing anything wrong. Go for it!!
I've been cosplaying, making costumes. and sewing for 7+ years and here's my take on it:

If you buy your cosplay, you're a cosplayer and unless you lie and tell people you made it yourself or try to compete in it, then you're not doing anything wrong. Go for it!!
tumblr_lm6qncSXWW1qfoi4t.gif
@dustling

Awesome! That's such a relief, thanks! :D
@dustling

Awesome! That's such a relief, thanks! :D
efp3UiJ.png
1 2