Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Riders of the Vosk Isles[3/3 spots open]
[center]---------------------- [size=5]THE VOSK ISLES[/SIZE] ------------------------ Out in the vast stretches of the sea of a thousand currents is an island chain populated by humans. The isles are known as the Vosk islands and are home to many townships and villages. They are simple folk for the most part, living off the land and artifacts left of the second age. They get along well with the beast clans that live on the lands and in the sea. Trade folk of the isles with a more entrepreneurial spirit forge out into dragon lands in schooners to trade their wares. Most clans view humans as a more organized breed of beast clan. Though it doesn't stop many from trading wares with them. Among the sea faring folk is a kind of reverence for dragon kind and many have taken to the unpleasant business of poaching dragon eggs, or purchasing poached dragon eggs from passing beast clans. The demand for pet dragons is high, especially among the ruling classes. This has brought about a rather nasty tension between the islanders and certain dragon clans.... (OOC: This is our rough starting point, feel free to jump in and interact with my characters in the next post or start by establishing yourself wherever! So we all have a decent grasp of each other try filling out a simple character form for your human or dragon or both! Besides Chris, Panic and I were looking for 3 or so other players! Semi literate is preferred so we're not struggling along with two sentence responses. Otherwise that's the only stipulation!) ---------------------------------------------------- [size=5]H U M A N S[/size] ------------------------ Name: Sampson Smith Gender: Male Age: Adult/Approximately 22 Appearance: Lean and muscular, around 5'9 in height. Dirty blonde hair that reaches his ears. Normally sporting a dark aftershave or stubble from time at sea. Dark brown eyes and tanned skin. Single scar stretches from his left eyebrow upwards into his hairline. Normally wears light clothing in neutral/earthy colors that's easy to wash. About: Sampson is a gruff and belligerent fellow at times. He's a sailor at heart and currently owns his own business and ship. Her currently captains the [i]Mioteme[/i] and specializes in cargo hauling with a small bit of passenger transport available. He's known along the coasts as a no nonsense fellow who only wants to do his job and be gone. He has little patience for politics and can blunt at times. Name: Sarah Anne Gender: Female Age: 19-20 Appearance: Sarah is short at about 5'1 with a regular/slim build. Dark brown hair stretches down her back and is normally kept in a braid or bun. She has light green eyes and wears casual or work clothes. About: Sarah is an intovert who keeps to herself or her family. She works as a seamstress or farm hand with her parents. She isn't afraid of social interaction but mostly prefers to avoid in unless necessary. Many people view her as an agreeable person with a short amount of patience. ------------------- [center][size=5]D R A G O N S[/size] ---------------------- [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9019846] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/90199/9019846_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol] Name: Mioteme/Mio (Me-oh-teem) Gender: Female Age: Adult Belongs to: Sampson About: Mio is an agreeable dragoness who relishes the company of others. She prefers to keep the company of her human compatriots, as she was raised by people She acts as a dragon liaison for Sampson and dragon clans his company trades with.[/columns] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5618764] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/56188/5618764_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol] Name: Pan Gender: Male Age: Adult Belongs to: Himself About: Pan lives his life peaceably with the humans on the isle of Vosk. He trades in food and furs and keeps to himself more often than not.[/columns] --------------------------------- [size=1][center][size=1]@panicatthedisco @chrispratt[/center][/size]

THE VOSK ISLES

Out in the vast stretches of the sea of a thousand currents is an island chain populated by humans. The isles are known as the Vosk islands and are home to many townships and villages. They are simple folk for the most part, living off the land and artifacts left of the second age. They get along well with the beast clans that live on the lands and in the sea. Trade folk of the isles with a more entrepreneurial spirit forge out into dragon lands in schooners to trade their wares.

Most clans view humans as a more organized breed of beast clan. Though it doesn't stop many from trading wares with them. Among the sea faring folk is a kind of reverence for dragon kind and many have taken to the unpleasant business of poaching dragon eggs, or purchasing poached dragon eggs from passing beast clans. The demand for pet dragons is high, especially among the ruling classes. This has brought about a rather nasty tension between the islanders and certain dragon clans....

(OOC: This is our rough starting point, feel free to jump in and interact with my characters in the next post or start by establishing yourself wherever! So we all have a decent grasp of each other try filling out a simple character form for your human or dragon or both! Besides Chris, Panic and I were looking for 3 or so other players! Semi literate is preferred so we're not struggling along with two sentence responses. Otherwise that's the only stipulation!)

H U M A N S

Name: Sampson Smith
Appearance: Lean and muscular, around 5'9 in height. Dirty blonde hair that reaches his ears. Normally sporting a dark aftershave or stubble from time at sea. Dark brown eyes and tanned skin. Single scar stretches from his left eyebrow upwards into his hairline. Normally wears light clothing in neutral/earthy colors that's easy to wash.
About: Sampson is a gruff and belligerent fellow at times. He's a sailor at heart and currently owns his own business and ship. Her currently captains the Mioteme and specializes in cargo hauling with a small bit of passenger transport available. He's known along the coasts as a no nonsense fellow who only wants to do his job and be gone. He has little patience for politics and can blunt at times.

Name: Sarah Anne
Appearance: Sarah is short at about 5'1 with a regular/slim build. Dark brown hair stretches down her back and is normally kept in a braid or bun. She has light green eyes and wears casual or work clothes.
About: Sarah is an intovert who keeps to herself or her family. She works as a seamstress or farm hand with her parents. She isn't afraid of social interaction but mostly prefers to avoid in unless necessary. Many people view her as an agreeable person with a short amount of patience.

D R A G O N S

9019846_350.png
Name: Mioteme/Mio (Me-oh-teem)
Belongs to: Sampson
About: Mio is an agreeable dragoness who relishes the company of others. She prefers to keep the company of her human compatriots, as she was raised by people She acts as a dragon liaison for Sampson and dragon clans his company trades with.

5618764_350.png
Name: Pan
Belongs to: Himself
About: Pan lives his life peaceably with the humans on the isle of Vosk. He trades in food and furs and keeps to himself more often than not.

KLHYE9h.png
(OOC: This is a starting post with where my characters are at ATM, but feel free to jump in anywhere)
Sampson
Sampson stood at the edge of the pier, the warm air buffeting his jacket and loose trousers. The sun shone brilliantly in the sky as a hand full of airborne dragons cast swift shadows across the waters in their passing. Sam let out a sigh at the sight, this was home. The busy town behind him brought with it familiar sights and smells, everything from apothecaries to tailors shops lined the dock side district. Up hill catered to the higher class citizenry and was home to the Voskland fort. The heavily fortified structure housed the ruling family and all their employees. Though it was more polite to call them employees everyone knew them to be little more than indentured servants.

Sampson felt a chill down his spine at the thought, he knew that life all to well having spent his youth as a slave to the royal family. Since his parents had died before they could pay their debts, the bill had fallen to him as a mere child. To pay for his families misfortune he had been conscripted into the ranks and served as little more than a servant to the upper class. Only when he was a young man had he paid off the entirety of the debt. The hard life of a servant had left him biter and a bit jaded, but the allure of the open sea and all the lands beyond called to him.

The shadow of the fort on the hill did little to sour his mood as the sight of his beloved ship the Mioteme brought a smile to his face regardless. Climbing about the triple masted schooner he waved to the crew and inspected her stem to stern. She appeared in tip top shape and it brought another broad smile to Sams face. He soon ducked into his private cabin to await his next customer.
Sarah

Leaping clear of a log Sarah sprinted through the forest as swift as a deer. Her long braid streamed out behind her as he wild laughter echoed through the trees. Just behind her, the shadow of a dragon pursued her. Pan followed the girl effortlessly, never losing her scent of falling behind more than a few paces from the girl. Sarah laughed manically as she suddenly burst through the underbrush to the edge of a waterfall, far below a crystal clear pool of water fed into the sea.

With a twist and leap, Sarah dove in. Pan leaped a moment later to glide down to the waters edge. Sarah landed with a splash and surfaced with a fierce grin. Pan lay on the sandy strip between the water and the forest. He grinned to her and bobbed his head excitedly.

"Aye, you sure are quick ain't ya?" She giggled at the fluffy green dragon.

He shrugged his shoulders in modest expression.

"Honestly i'm not sure what else you expected, seeing as you've only got your two legs whilst i have four?" he said in bemusement.

Sarah spit a jet of water at the fluffy beast and laughed and his surprised and indignant reaction. Pan rose to his feet with an evil grin before pouncing forward and sending a wave of water over Sarahs head. The two continued to play games and laugh at each other in the safety of the clearing.

Before long Sarah emerged drenched and tired as she wrung out her shirt and pants. Ditching her shoes entirely she lay on a large rock to dry off. Settling next to the rock Pan rested his head above where Sarahs lay. She idly reached a hand up and stroked his soft facial fluff. Before long she fell asleep under the watchful gaze of her friend Pan.
(OOC: This is a starting post with where my characters are at ATM, but feel free to jump in anywhere)
Sampson
Sampson stood at the edge of the pier, the warm air buffeting his jacket and loose trousers. The sun shone brilliantly in the sky as a hand full of airborne dragons cast swift shadows across the waters in their passing. Sam let out a sigh at the sight, this was home. The busy town behind him brought with it familiar sights and smells, everything from apothecaries to tailors shops lined the dock side district. Up hill catered to the higher class citizenry and was home to the Voskland fort. The heavily fortified structure housed the ruling family and all their employees. Though it was more polite to call them employees everyone knew them to be little more than indentured servants.

Sampson felt a chill down his spine at the thought, he knew that life all to well having spent his youth as a slave to the royal family. Since his parents had died before they could pay their debts, the bill had fallen to him as a mere child. To pay for his families misfortune he had been conscripted into the ranks and served as little more than a servant to the upper class. Only when he was a young man had he paid off the entirety of the debt. The hard life of a servant had left him biter and a bit jaded, but the allure of the open sea and all the lands beyond called to him.

The shadow of the fort on the hill did little to sour his mood as the sight of his beloved ship the Mioteme brought a smile to his face regardless. Climbing about the triple masted schooner he waved to the crew and inspected her stem to stern. She appeared in tip top shape and it brought another broad smile to Sams face. He soon ducked into his private cabin to await his next customer.
Sarah

Leaping clear of a log Sarah sprinted through the forest as swift as a deer. Her long braid streamed out behind her as he wild laughter echoed through the trees. Just behind her, the shadow of a dragon pursued her. Pan followed the girl effortlessly, never losing her scent of falling behind more than a few paces from the girl. Sarah laughed manically as she suddenly burst through the underbrush to the edge of a waterfall, far below a crystal clear pool of water fed into the sea.

With a twist and leap, Sarah dove in. Pan leaped a moment later to glide down to the waters edge. Sarah landed with a splash and surfaced with a fierce grin. Pan lay on the sandy strip between the water and the forest. He grinned to her and bobbed his head excitedly.

"Aye, you sure are quick ain't ya?" She giggled at the fluffy green dragon.

He shrugged his shoulders in modest expression.

"Honestly i'm not sure what else you expected, seeing as you've only got your two legs whilst i have four?" he said in bemusement.

Sarah spit a jet of water at the fluffy beast and laughed and his surprised and indignant reaction. Pan rose to his feet with an evil grin before pouncing forward and sending a wave of water over Sarahs head. The two continued to play games and laugh at each other in the safety of the clearing.

Before long Sarah emerged drenched and tired as she wrung out her shirt and pants. Ditching her shoes entirely she lay on a large rock to dry off. Settling next to the rock Pan rested his head above where Sarahs lay. She idly reached a hand up and stroked his soft facial fluff. Before long she fell asleep under the watchful gaze of her friend Pan.
KLHYE9h.png
(Let me know if everything ship shape and i'll edit a response once you give it the go ahead) [center] Name: Pearl Gender: Female Age: 19 Appearance: Tall and slim. Short pixie styled cut with raven black hair. Hazel eyes. Wearing a rogue-styled black leather outfit, hood and all. About: Pearl was born a street urchin, and passed herself off as a male for a long time. She was taken in at a relatively young age by a guild of thieves. They imparted street smarts and taught her many stealth skills. She has since distanced herself from them and doesn't acknowledge them. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27614416] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/276145/27614416_350.png[/img] [/url]Name: Groot Age: Adolecent Gender: Male Belongs to: Pearl About: Groot is a simple and loyal soul. friendly and out going Groot was raised by pearl after she stole his egg from a merchant one fateful night. He has loyally stuck by her side since, though his growing larger and larger with no sign of slowing has made them move far away from the town they once called home, relocating islands entirely. Though Groot doesn't mind the new scenery he worries for the girl he has an inexplicable need to protect.
(Let me know if everything ship shape and i'll edit a response once you give it the go ahead)
Name: Pearl
Appearance: Tall and slim. Short pixie styled cut with raven black hair. Hazel eyes. Wearing a rogue-styled black leather outfit, hood and all.
About: Pearl was born a street urchin, and passed herself off as a male for a long time. She was taken in at a relatively young age by a guild of thieves. They imparted street smarts and taught her many stealth skills. She has since distanced herself from them and doesn't acknowledge them.

27614416_350.png
Name: Groot
Belongs to: Pearl
About: Groot is a simple and loyal soul. friendly and out going Groot was raised by pearl after she stole his egg from a merchant one fateful night. He has loyally stuck by her side since, though his growing larger and larger with no sign of slowing has made them move far away from the town they once called home, relocating islands entirely. Though Groot doesn't mind the new scenery he worries for the girl he has an inexplicable need to protect.
rs_500x268-150205151816-chris-pratt-gif-3.gif
eeeeee dont expect fancy coding from me hot shot. ill get on this when i have a free moment <3
eeeeee dont expect fancy coding from me hot shot. ill get on this when i have a free moment <3
(OOC: @chrispratt@panicatthediscoGreat! Chris everything's looking good and whenever your ready Panic! Hopefully we get some takers soon and have some fresh meat >:D)
(OOC: @chrispratt@panicatthediscoGreat! Chris everything's looking good and whenever your ready Panic! Hopefully we get some takers soon and have some fresh meat >:D)
KLHYE9h.png