Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [LF] dragon friendships
1 2
[center][b]Tl;dr version: Scroll down and pick an evil dragon, let's make some friends![/b][/center] ----- Even those of wicked heart and blackened soul need someone to call a friend, and as I play an entire lair of primary and secondary antagonists, I find casual friendships almost impossible to get hold of among other players' dragons. This is perfectly reasonable. With nicknames such as The Wendigo Prince, Silvertalon and Mother of Monsters, and such afflictions as the invariably lethal Wonderland fungus, the infamous Bubonic Plague and the disfiguring Vampiris Nalrun curse, it can be a bit hard to get along with them if you only ever see them when they're at the throats of some dashing hero or innocent damsel. This thread is partially an attempt to remedy this, by showing some of my more sociable baddies, minions and mooks behaving as normal inhabitants of Sorneith and developing meaningful, lasting and multi-threaded friendships outside of their clans, cults, households and/or covens. I've already done this suitably with the Railclaw elite hunters, to the point where it isn't too terribly uncommon to see their warriors simply dropping in on roleplays and starting up friendly conversations with the very same sorts of dragons they hunt for sport and glory, so I'm not focusing much on that faction. All I really need is an active partner (or several) who will get back to me when I plot with them, will write their dragons long-term with mine, and allows trust to grow at a natural pace between dragons rather than the usual 'Hello, remember me? I helped you get your kite out of a tree, so we're besties and/or mates now!' that I see going on everywhere. I tend to post on alternating days due to fluctuating muse and/or schedule, but am on just about every day and really do watch and try to keep my threads alive, and I try to maintain consistency between my lair and my roleplay, for example a dragon who is away at an event will be unavailable at the lair for a few days, a pacifist in my lair will probably never get to level two in the coliseum, and I really do try to put bios on everyone, but I don't require the same of my partner so long as we keep in touch. 2-4 paragraphs, leaning towards the lower end, are my usual post length, and I go in order of thread start date when choosing the chronological order in which my dragons' lore are affected by the threads they are in. My lair uses compressed time, but uses the general 'localized time/space anomaly' excuse to maintain external consistency. [b]Without further ado, my dergs, in order of muse and need for socialization:[/b] ----- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31806779] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/318068/31806779_350.png[/img] [/url] [center][b]Flagellation, 'Flag', Guilt Chaser[/b] Ambiguously adult equivalent age Roams, can be found in any flight or territory Flag is probably both the most overtly threatening and the most morally confusing dragon I have. Bonus points if you can guess what he's inspired by, but his personality at least is more original than his appearance. He doesn't talk much and doesn't put aside much time for very chatty dragons, but can grow somewhat attached to those who have innocently accepting personalities, those who wear their heart on their sleeve so to speak, and also, to contrast those who exercise brute force to keep themselves safe and have either happy go lucky, smartly skeptical or openly, unapologetic manipulative personalities. He doesn't really know how to show affection either romantically or platonicly, but is somewhat open to romance with female characters, and would be willing to offer a sort of 'distantly protective mentor' relationship to a younger dragon who is down on his luck. Even to dragons he's developed a close friendship to he can be easily goaded into a violent rage, however, if they begin to show self-destructive tendencies. He views this in an odd sort of way as mercy. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23776085] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/237761/23776085_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Cyrdon, The Sharp-Toothed Hound[/b] Equivalently old and frail Usually in the abiding boneyard, but vacations on occasion to a burrow in the windswept plateau. Donny is a charismatic and quick-witted dragon who has a fondness for technology and riddles, but has difficulty forming attachment. As far as friends and mates alike go, expect him to be unfaithful and disloyal when you need him the most, if it is inconvenient or detrimental to him. Nonetheless he's great for a game and tends to have one's back if they demonstrate that they have his. He is unsympathetic and somewhat disrespectful to most dragons he encounters. He is meant to be a semi-realistic portrayal of a psychopath in a position of some degree of power, or as close as one can get within a fantasy setting, using a fantasy species, but he is also an import of one of my old SWTOR characters and thus star wars fans may catch the occasional joke, and/or reference to the Sith order therein.[/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20151353] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/201514/20151353_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Archangel Moon, The Silver-talon[/b] ambiguously adult, appears young. Archangel goes wherever his troops go during times of war, but in peaceful times he can usually be found on the eastern border of the wasteland, or western border of the tangled woods. Originally admittedly a joke about the final fantasy seven meme "Dis Pear" and Sephiroth's impractically long hair, Archangel has since developed into something new and different. He is still admittedly an only half-serious character and is somewhat of a gary stu, but I'd very much like to give him something or someone to have loyalty to and place his trust in, even if his source character never truly had that advantage while he was alive. A medical emergency or maintenance doctor/patient plot with this guy would be glorious, but he'll come investigate your dragons' businesses and maybe buy things if you happen to have a capitalist nation-state or otherwise free-market oriented clan. He is completely disinterested in a mate despite his extensive breeding list, though, so if you try for romance in any context he'll probably either awkwardly stare at you or just quip a dumb joke. [/center] ----- [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2157561]These starters are also up for grabs, if you prefer more ambiguous encounters.[/url]
Tl;dr version: Scroll down and pick an evil dragon, let's make some friends!

Even those of wicked heart and blackened soul need someone to call a friend, and as I play an entire lair of primary and secondary antagonists, I find casual friendships almost impossible to get hold of among other players' dragons. This is perfectly reasonable. With nicknames such as The Wendigo Prince, Silvertalon and Mother of Monsters, and such afflictions as the invariably lethal Wonderland fungus, the infamous Bubonic Plague and the disfiguring Vampiris Nalrun curse, it can be a bit hard to get along with them if you only ever see them when they're at the throats of some dashing hero or innocent damsel.

This thread is partially an attempt to remedy this, by showing some of my more sociable baddies, minions and mooks behaving as normal inhabitants of Sorneith and developing meaningful, lasting and multi-threaded friendships outside of their clans, cults, households and/or covens. I've already done this suitably with the Railclaw elite hunters, to the point where it isn't too terribly uncommon to see their warriors simply dropping in on roleplays and starting up friendly conversations with the very same sorts of dragons they hunt for sport and glory, so I'm not focusing much on that faction.

All I really need is an active partner (or several) who will get back to me when I plot with them, will write their dragons long-term with mine, and allows trust to grow at a natural pace between dragons rather than the usual 'Hello, remember me? I helped you get your kite out of a tree, so we're besties and/or mates now!' that I see going on everywhere.

I tend to post on alternating days due to fluctuating muse and/or schedule, but am on just about every day and really do watch and try to keep my threads alive, and I try to maintain consistency between my lair and my roleplay, for example a dragon who is away at an event will be unavailable at the lair for a few days, a pacifist in my lair will probably never get to level two in the coliseum, and I really do try to put bios on everyone, but I don't require the same of my partner so long as we keep in touch. 2-4 paragraphs, leaning towards the lower end, are my usual post length, and I go in order of thread start date when choosing the chronological order in which my dragons' lore are affected by the threads they are in. My lair uses compressed time, but uses the general 'localized time/space anomaly' excuse to maintain external consistency.

Without further ado, my dergs, in order of muse and need for socialization:

31806779_350.png
Flagellation, 'Flag', Guilt Chaser
Ambiguously adult equivalent age
Roams, can be found in any flight or territory

Flag is probably both the most overtly threatening and the most morally confusing dragon I have. Bonus points if you can guess what he's inspired by, but his personality at least is more original than his appearance. He doesn't talk much and doesn't put aside much time for very chatty dragons, but can grow somewhat attached to those who have innocently accepting personalities, those who wear their heart on their sleeve so to speak, and also, to contrast those who exercise brute force to keep themselves safe and have either happy go lucky, smartly skeptical or openly, unapologetic manipulative personalities. He doesn't really know how to show affection either romantically or platonicly, but is somewhat open to romance with female characters, and would be willing to offer a sort of 'distantly protective mentor' relationship to a younger dragon who is down on his luck.

Even to dragons he's developed a close friendship to he can be easily goaded into a violent rage, however, if they begin to show self-destructive tendencies. He views this in an odd sort of way as mercy.

23776085_350.png

Cyrdon, The Sharp-Toothed Hound
Equivalently old and frail
Usually in the abiding boneyard, but vacations on occasion to a burrow in the windswept plateau.

Donny is a charismatic and quick-witted dragon who has a fondness for technology and riddles, but has difficulty forming attachment. As far as friends and mates alike go, expect him to be unfaithful and disloyal when you need him the most, if it is inconvenient or detrimental to him. Nonetheless he's great for a game and tends to have one's back if they demonstrate that they have his. He is unsympathetic and somewhat disrespectful to most dragons he encounters.

He is meant to be a semi-realistic portrayal of a psychopath in a position of some degree of power, or as close as one can get within a fantasy setting, using a fantasy species, but he is also an import of one of my old SWTOR characters and thus star wars fans may catch the occasional joke, and/or reference to the Sith order therein.

20151353_350.png

Archangel Moon, The Silver-talon
ambiguously adult, appears young.
Archangel goes wherever his troops go during times of war, but in peaceful times he can usually be found on the eastern border of the wasteland, or western border of the tangled woods.

Originally admittedly a joke about the final fantasy seven meme "Dis Pear" and Sephiroth's impractically long hair, Archangel has since developed into something new and different. He is still admittedly an only half-serious character and is somewhat of a gary stu, but I'd very much like to give him something or someone to have loyalty to and place his trust in, even if his source character never truly had that advantage while he was alive.

A medical emergency or maintenance doctor/patient plot with this guy would be glorious, but he'll come investigate your dragons' businesses and maybe buy things if you happen to have a capitalist nation-state or otherwise free-market oriented clan. He is completely disinterested in a mate despite his extensive breeding list, though, so if you try for romance in any context he'll probably either awkwardly stare at you or just quip a dumb joke.

These starters are also up for grabs, if you prefer more ambiguous encounters.
Delirio_Sleep.gif
-

Monster Collector

-
*bump*
*bump*
Delirio_Sleep.gif
-

Monster Collector

-
I really like this idea, and I have a couple dragons that would want to be some of yours' friends. I dunno how active I'd be with this, maybe a more general idea of what I would be supposed to do?
I really like this idea, and I have a couple dragons that would want to be some of yours' friends. I dunno how active I'd be with this, maybe a more general idea of what I would be supposed to do?
@Jaystripes Well, here would be the place to talk about that. Even if you aren't sure you'll be active, it would be good for me to get as much writing practice as I can. As for what this is for- mostly this thread is for planning out 1x1 or small group roleplay threads. What is it you'd like to know?
@Jaystripes Well, here would be the place to talk about that. Even if you aren't sure you'll be active, it would be good for me to get as much writing practice as I can. As for what this is for- mostly this thread is for planning out 1x1 or small group roleplay threads. What is it you'd like to know?
Delirio_Sleep.gif
-

Monster Collector

-
@Sylveadiff hehe answering question with inquiry

Actually I'm trying to get as much writing practice here as well, aiming to write a book sometime in the future

Since I'm new to some of the flight rising terms- I'm more experienced on other RPing sites- what do the terms LF and 1x1 mean?

Aaaa I seem like such an idiot hehe
@Sylveadiff hehe answering question with inquiry

Actually I'm trying to get as much writing practice here as well, aiming to write a book sometime in the future

Since I'm new to some of the flight rising terms- I'm more experienced on other RPing sites- what do the terms LF and 1x1 mean?

Aaaa I seem like such an idiot hehe
@Jaystripes

Ah. Both are terms not quite unique to this setting, though they aren't exactly common either, it's fine, and probably smarter to ask than to go on not knowing in the long term :)

LF is an abbreviation for 'Looking For' and is common on pet breeding and trading games where someone might want to have a lengthy title in limited space,

and 1x1 simply means a thread between only two members, though it puts no limitation on what the thread is about or how many characters are in it. An open 1x1, for example, could mean that the thread is closing after the first reply, or that in a private setting no one is allowed to invite a friend to join the thread.
@Jaystripes

Ah. Both are terms not quite unique to this setting, though they aren't exactly common either, it's fine, and probably smarter to ask than to go on not knowing in the long term :)

LF is an abbreviation for 'Looking For' and is common on pet breeding and trading games where someone might want to have a lengthy title in limited space,

and 1x1 simply means a thread between only two members, though it puts no limitation on what the thread is about or how many characters are in it. An open 1x1, for example, could mean that the thread is closing after the first reply, or that in a private setting no one is allowed to invite a friend to join the thread.
Delirio_Sleep.gif
-

Monster Collector

-
@sylveadiff I was scrolling through role play again and saw this, I have a dragon that could be a bit of a friend to Flag [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30209053] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/302091/30209053_350.png[/img] [/url] Summer is a mix of chatty and emotional, she can talk a lot but the littlest things get to her and she shoves her heart to everyone. She tries to hide her caring by attempting to make jokes or act cold (which she can't do well). She's basically the "crybaby" of the group because even one raising their voice to her causes her to tear up, and countering that she began to speak more quietly. She's been hurt by others but always comes back trying to seek amends to broken friendships even if the others emotions show there's no possibility.
@sylveadiff I was scrolling through role play again and saw this, I have a dragon that could be a bit of a friend to Flag

30209053_350.png

Summer is a mix of chatty and emotional, she can talk a lot but the littlest things get to her and she shoves her heart to everyone. She tries to hide her caring by attempting to make jokes or act cold (which she can't do well). She's basically the "crybaby" of the group because even one raising their voice to her causes her to tear up, and countering that she began to speak more quietly. She's been hurt by others but always comes back trying to seek amends to broken friendships even if the others emotions show there's no possibility.
SPOILER_9d84796a-11b0-463e-81c5-003e1d7d0d4c.png
@sylveadiff just putting this here for the record, I would be more than wiling to do one of these between Rui and Lewis.
@sylveadiff just putting this here for the record, I would be more than wiling to do one of these between Rui and Lewis.
+2 FR time
gemma_llum_banner_by_darkmist119-dcdv1kd.png
@DemonicSylveon

That sounds wonderful. You've picked the character that doesn't actually have a set home, so you of course get first pick on location as he could be literally anywhere at this point. Is there any particular situation under which you'd like them to meet, or category there of/ mood Flag should be in when he encounters your character?

@MeisaCrystal

Excellent, let's plot. Lewis probably will be bringing the cart directly back to Railclaw after the feast's IC conclusion even though I am no longer actively involved in that thread, but after that he's likely to do some travelling on his own accord once he's picked up the serpenta that usually pulls his cart from the Railclaw stables as he'd be quite a ways from his lair even then. What is a convenient location for your dragon, and/or timespan after the feast?
@DemonicSylveon

That sounds wonderful. You've picked the character that doesn't actually have a set home, so you of course get first pick on location as he could be literally anywhere at this point. Is there any particular situation under which you'd like them to meet, or category there of/ mood Flag should be in when he encounters your character?

@MeisaCrystal

Excellent, let's plot. Lewis probably will be bringing the cart directly back to Railclaw after the feast's IC conclusion even though I am no longer actively involved in that thread, but after that he's likely to do some travelling on his own accord once he's picked up the serpenta that usually pulls his cart from the Railclaw stables as he'd be quite a ways from his lair even then. What is a convenient location for your dragon, and/or timespan after the feast?
Delirio_Sleep.gif
-

Monster Collector

-
@Syleadiff well, considering Rui is the wind rep, he is kinda all over the place. maybe around a day or two after the party? I mean, he has managed to get himself lost right now...... flighty dragon...
@Syleadiff well, considering Rui is the wind rep, he is kinda all over the place. maybe around a day or two after the party? I mean, he has managed to get himself lost right now...... flighty dragon...
+2 FR time
gemma_llum_banner_by_darkmist119-dcdv1kd.png
1 2