Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Horizon: Zero Dawn anyone??
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
My dad, when he played, was a total pacifist, and he told me we should be nice throughout the game. I always want to say mean things,but so far 99% of the time we end up choosing the heart...I can't wait to play the game myself away from my dad so I can be more "evil".
My dad, when he played, was a total pacifist, and he told me we should be nice throughout the game. I always want to say mean things,but so far 99% of the time we end up choosing the heart...I can't wait to play the game myself away from my dad so I can be more "evil".
857206adc91f5cf762f767135b6cb2391118da0cv2_hq.jpg
@Vigil

I can't believe I forgot about that skeevy ***! I also let him off with a warning. Like damn, sending fricking mercs at me to get my spear, which he'd not even know how to use. What's the point dude? You wouldn't be able to figure it out and probably sell it to some Oseram that would know or at least figure it out.

Though I did get a kick out of having to chase the guy when he realized his little plan failed spectacularly. He was definitely running scared!

I will also say that I really liked how the NPCs' dialog changed depending on what you did. Like the Queen's Gambit quest; I really liked doing that and hopefully in future installments there will be a reconciliation between the Shadow and Sun Carja. At least the ground work was laid down for it. And Vanasha was awesome too; my jaw dropped when I saw she was RIPPED. Like holy **** woman! It's no small feat to be able to pull off the dainty feminine look as well as the amazon warrior look when the time calls for it! I can see why she was chosen to go undercover!

@Vigil

I can't believe I forgot about that skeevy ***! I also let him off with a warning. Like damn, sending fricking mercs at me to get my spear, which he'd not even know how to use. What's the point dude? You wouldn't be able to figure it out and probably sell it to some Oseram that would know or at least figure it out.

Though I did get a kick out of having to chase the guy when he realized his little plan failed spectacularly. He was definitely running scared!

I will also say that I really liked how the NPCs' dialog changed depending on what you did. Like the Queen's Gambit quest; I really liked doing that and hopefully in future installments there will be a reconciliation between the Shadow and Sun Carja. At least the ground work was laid down for it. And Vanasha was awesome too; my jaw dropped when I saw she was RIPPED. Like holy **** woman! It's no small feat to be able to pull off the dainty feminine look as well as the amazon warrior look when the time calls for it! I can see why she was chosen to go undercover!

Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
@ashotinthedark

Yeah he definitely wasn't liking his odds anymore at that point. Heheheee.

There were a lot of awesome side-quests that were more like main quests in importance in this game. I enjoyed that a lot. Sneaking the queen and the princeling outta Sunfall was a nice quest, and going after that warrior dude Vanasha asked you to save as well. Really I just want more Vanasha stuff if we get DLC, she is awesome and yeah totally shredded. Aloy actually has some impressive abs too if you put her in that one mid-riff baring carja armor (which I never use because... I like my intestines being where they should be), she's just so pale that the shadows/light sources don't reflect off her skin like for Vanasha.

Also more Petra. Did you see the bicep on her?? My eyes almost fell outta my face.

Just...more NPC interaction in general thank you, so many good characters.

I inhaled my drink when Avad hugged one of his guards at the end and the guard was like HLEP PLS
@ashotinthedark

Yeah he definitely wasn't liking his odds anymore at that point. Heheheee.

There were a lot of awesome side-quests that were more like main quests in importance in this game. I enjoyed that a lot. Sneaking the queen and the princeling outta Sunfall was a nice quest, and going after that warrior dude Vanasha asked you to save as well. Really I just want more Vanasha stuff if we get DLC, she is awesome and yeah totally shredded. Aloy actually has some impressive abs too if you put her in that one mid-riff baring carja armor (which I never use because... I like my intestines being where they should be), she's just so pale that the shadows/light sources don't reflect off her skin like for Vanasha.

Also more Petra. Did you see the bicep on her?? My eyes almost fell outta my face.

Just...more NPC interaction in general thank you, so many good characters.

I inhaled my drink when Avad hugged one of his guards at the end and the guard was like HLEP PLS
"I'm not lost. I know exactly where I'm not."
@Vigil

Oh yeah, Petra was awesome. Really loved being able to use her weapon against the bandits threatening Free Heap! Was nice to see that she would help out in the final battle with that too! Also was it me or was she really hitting on Aloy big time?

I'd definitely love to see more of Vanasha, Avad, Petra, Errend and the others. Lots of great characters in the game to be honest! Oh I really liked Avad-it's always nice to see someone that really wants to make peace with people and try to reconcile and all that. He's a good leader and really cares about his people.

I'd also love to see more of the Banuk-really was hoping to see Ban Ur but that didn't happen. Or more of the Ularu tribe, or even The Claim/Mainsprings where the Oseram are from. There's a lot that they can go with as far as DLC goes while saving the overall story for the sequel.

Oh the Carja Bazon I think it's called? Never used it myself-have it in inventory though. I find it funny-it's meant to protect against fire yet the mid rift is showing! I do think Aloy's ripped, but Vanasha's definitely seemed more so. Honestly though, I really like all of Aloy's outfits that she can wear.

You do that really weird side quest with that one Banuk Shaman that wants to drink 'machine blood' and trips out when you give it to him? I thought it was going to be a relatively simple quest. Hell no, they make you earn that skill point!

Though in a roundabout way, he wasn't wrong in his visions. Brim I think his name was. Well Mr I drink Machine Blood better return too![/spoilers]
@Vigil

Oh yeah, Petra was awesome. Really loved being able to use her weapon against the bandits threatening Free Heap! Was nice to see that she would help out in the final battle with that too! Also was it me or was she really hitting on Aloy big time?

I'd definitely love to see more of Vanasha, Avad, Petra, Errend and the others. Lots of great characters in the game to be honest! Oh I really liked Avad-it's always nice to see someone that really wants to make peace with people and try to reconcile and all that. He's a good leader and really cares about his people.

I'd also love to see more of the Banuk-really was hoping to see Ban Ur but that didn't happen. Or more of the Ularu tribe, or even The Claim/Mainsprings where the Oseram are from. There's a lot that they can go with as far as DLC goes while saving the overall story for the sequel.

Oh the Carja Bazon I think it's called? Never used it myself-have it in inventory though. I find it funny-it's meant to protect against fire yet the mid rift is showing! I do think Aloy's ripped, but Vanasha's definitely seemed more so. Honestly though, I really like all of Aloy's outfits that she can wear.

You do that really weird side quest with that one Banuk Shaman that wants to drink 'machine blood' and trips out when you give it to him? I thought it was going to be a relatively simple quest. Hell no, they make you earn that skill point!

Though in a roundabout way, he wasn't wrong in his visions. Brim I think his name was. Well Mr I drink Machine Blood better return too![/spoilers]
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
@ashotinthedark

That gun was awesome and the dialogue around it was hilarious. Especially the thing about teeth hurting. As for Petra being flirty... Honestly Vanasha gave me more of a vibe of that at first. But perhaps? She does point out their age difference kind of right off the bat but Aloy is so explosive that I wouldn't be surprised if half the ladies in the game were crushing on her too. Hell I know I am. And Petra. I am but a small useless gay.

Avad is great. He's so different from the typical stereotype king/ruler in fantasy videogames that he almost gave me whiplash. I hope he gets to stay king. He clearly knows what he's doing.

Yessss I'd love to visit the Banuk. I was so sad when their little machine buddy valley got wasted. Such a nice scene, turned on its head. Though there's that one huntress who really enjoyed that and then showed up for the final battle...

Also cannibal lady. I'd love to check out their digs. I mean, from what I heard of her dialogue during the fight they don't actually eat people? Just drink the blood of their fallen enemies to take their strength and memories or something. It is a curious tidbit of lore I'd love to know more about.
@ashotinthedark

That gun was awesome and the dialogue around it was hilarious. Especially the thing about teeth hurting. As for Petra being flirty... Honestly Vanasha gave me more of a vibe of that at first. But perhaps? She does point out their age difference kind of right off the bat but Aloy is so explosive that I wouldn't be surprised if half the ladies in the game were crushing on her too. Hell I know I am. And Petra. I am but a small useless gay.

Avad is great. He's so different from the typical stereotype king/ruler in fantasy videogames that he almost gave me whiplash. I hope he gets to stay king. He clearly knows what he's doing.

Yessss I'd love to visit the Banuk. I was so sad when their little machine buddy valley got wasted. Such a nice scene, turned on its head. Though there's that one huntress who really enjoyed that and then showed up for the final battle...

Also cannibal lady. I'd love to check out their digs. I mean, from what I heard of her dialogue during the fight they don't actually eat people? Just drink the blood of their fallen enemies to take their strength and memories or something. It is a curious tidbit of lore I'd love to know more about.
@Vigil

Oh Vanasha was definitely a flirt-to just about anyone it would seem! I think just about everyone regardless of their gender has something for Aloy. Can't say I blame them!

Indeed, Avad staying as king is necessary, especially after the crap his dad pulled. The world needs stability and cooperation, not war and isolation.

I really like the bits there are of Banuk culture so far-the respecting yet hunting the machines is interesting...though the shamans having blue cords sewn into their skin is kind of freaky...though to their credit, it doesn't look bad. But reading about it makes it really freaky. They're also big on oral tradition despite having a writing system.

That tribe begins with a T I believe. They're from the south (which makes me wonder where exactly the Utaru are from-all I know is that they're agrarian and have this sort of life/death cycle where people become part of the earth on death and help grow crops for the living or something like that and that they live on the plains. I didn't catch a direction though for them.) and I interpreted what she said upon death was to eat some of her flesh as to continue the cannibal's story. Could have been blood though, either way it's creepy.

@Vigil

Oh Vanasha was definitely a flirt-to just about anyone it would seem! I think just about everyone regardless of their gender has something for Aloy. Can't say I blame them!

Indeed, Avad staying as king is necessary, especially after the crap his dad pulled. The world needs stability and cooperation, not war and isolation.

I really like the bits there are of Banuk culture so far-the respecting yet hunting the machines is interesting...though the shamans having blue cords sewn into their skin is kind of freaky...though to their credit, it doesn't look bad. But reading about it makes it really freaky. They're also big on oral tradition despite having a writing system.

That tribe begins with a T I believe. They're from the south (which makes me wonder where exactly the Utaru are from-all I know is that they're agrarian and have this sort of life/death cycle where people become part of the earth on death and help grow crops for the living or something like that and that they live on the plains. I didn't catch a direction though for them.) and I interpreted what she said upon death was to eat some of her flesh as to continue the cannibal's story. Could have been blood though, either way it's creepy.

Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
@Vigil ..I used Olin as a distraction for my sneakysneaks.

GLINTHAWKS ARE AWFUL. Worse after the patches too - they used to hover more and if you were fast they weren't too bad.

I spared Nil, but haven't re-done the last quests so I hope he turns up, so I can get dialogue lol.

Honestly I want to be able to make those lures, and just throw them like rocks, watch the machines descend and **** **** up. ;)

edit: I think it's Tekath, or something like that guys. :)
@Vigil ..I used Olin as a distraction for my sneakysneaks.

GLINTHAWKS ARE AWFUL. Worse after the patches too - they used to hover more and if you were fast they weren't too bad.

I spared Nil, but haven't re-done the last quests so I hope he turns up, so I can get dialogue lol.

Honestly I want to be able to make those lures, and just throw them like rocks, watch the machines descend and **** **** up. ;)

edit: I think it's Tekath, or something like that guys. :)
@ashotinthedark

I gotta take back my skepticism about Petra having a thing for Aloy, there's apparently dialogue that I missed in which Aloy actually calls her out on flirting at the most inappropriate moment?? I need this dialogue. NOW. Hell yea.

The cords and wires in the shamans skin was hella freaky yeah. Also... why does Sylens have them. He doesn't strike me as Banuk, his ah... world view is so far away from theirs. And it is gonna be even farther away once I get to stab him in DLC or a second game...

Huh. I may recall her dying dialogue wrong then, I thought she said something about drinking her blood. Ah well, wouldn't be the first time a detail has escaped me xD

@Arkani
I'm a solo-sneaky type of player. My blood pressure can't take the rage when a friendly NPC suddenly waltzes right in the way of my arrows :'D

My first Glinthawk kill was a bugging-out one that hovered over my patch of grass 4ever until I killed it. The next one was like one in a giant flock of them and they certainly didn't make it that easy 8| Damn things.
@ashotinthedark

I gotta take back my skepticism about Petra having a thing for Aloy, there's apparently dialogue that I missed in which Aloy actually calls her out on flirting at the most inappropriate moment?? I need this dialogue. NOW. Hell yea.

The cords and wires in the shamans skin was hella freaky yeah. Also... why does Sylens have them. He doesn't strike me as Banuk, his ah... world view is so far away from theirs. And it is gonna be even farther away once I get to stab him in DLC or a second game...

Huh. I may recall her dying dialogue wrong then, I thought she said something about drinking her blood. Ah well, wouldn't be the first time a detail has escaped me xD

@Arkani
I'm a solo-sneaky type of player. My blood pressure can't take the rage when a friendly NPC suddenly waltzes right in the way of my arrows :'D

My first Glinthawk kill was a bugging-out one that hovered over my patch of grass 4ever until I killed it. The next one was like one in a giant flock of them and they certainly didn't make it that easy 8| Damn things.
how to kill glinthawks ;-;
how to kill glinthawks ;-;
@skywatcher

To be fair, there really isn't an evil option. Or a wholly good one either. And even if you choose the heart one, it doesn't mean she's going to be nice either. She knows how to hit someone on the emotional side of things.

@arkani

You're close, I looked on the wiki-it's Tenakth. Other than one that you encounter on a side quest, there's really nothing else but a bit of lore that you can get from glyphs. Would love more lore/interactions with them to see if what is supposedly know is 100% true. For all we know, the cannibalism is more ritual when a warrior dies rather than the tribe actively looking for humans to eat.

@Vigil

In regards to Sylens, I can see him being part of the tribe. Not everyone in a group is going to be exactly alike. If you really think about it, he's the dark flip of Aloy-provided his home tribe being the Banuk is true.

Though I did get a good laugh out of the making his worldview even further away part. Given how he is, he's dangerous in a way that's very different from others in the game. He lusts after knowledge and is amoral in getting his hands on it in anyway he can. He's the kind of person that Elizabet's mom warned her not to become. Being logical doesn't mean one has to be heartless after all. Yeah he has very few moments where he is actually decent, but on the whole he just doesn't care about anyone other than himself and his goals. Which as the game shows, just about lead to the end of the world. And he'd do it all over again if he could.

@foxwaffles

It's a bit hard at first, but try to aim for the chest area. Hit it enough exposes the weapon underneath and if you hit that, the Glitchhawk will get a taste of it's own medicine and be frozen. And frozen enemies take more damage!

Though they still remain annoying after the fact due to their movements, but at least you'd have an idea.

Also there's yet another new patch!

https://www.reddit.com/r/horizon/comments/60tnuj/horizon_zero_dawn_111_patch_notes/
@skywatcher

To be fair, there really isn't an evil option. Or a wholly good one either. And even if you choose the heart one, it doesn't mean she's going to be nice either. She knows how to hit someone on the emotional side of things.

@arkani

You're close, I looked on the wiki-it's Tenakth. Other than one that you encounter on a side quest, there's really nothing else but a bit of lore that you can get from glyphs. Would love more lore/interactions with them to see if what is supposedly know is 100% true. For all we know, the cannibalism is more ritual when a warrior dies rather than the tribe actively looking for humans to eat.

@Vigil

In regards to Sylens, I can see him being part of the tribe. Not everyone in a group is going to be exactly alike. If you really think about it, he's the dark flip of Aloy-provided his home tribe being the Banuk is true.

Though I did get a good laugh out of the making his worldview even further away part. Given how he is, he's dangerous in a way that's very different from others in the game. He lusts after knowledge and is amoral in getting his hands on it in anyway he can. He's the kind of person that Elizabet's mom warned her not to become. Being logical doesn't mean one has to be heartless after all. Yeah he has very few moments where he is actually decent, but on the whole he just doesn't care about anyone other than himself and his goals. Which as the game shows, just about lead to the end of the world. And he'd do it all over again if he could.

@foxwaffles

It's a bit hard at first, but try to aim for the chest area. Hit it enough exposes the weapon underneath and if you hit that, the Glitchhawk will get a taste of it's own medicine and be frozen. And frozen enemies take more damage!

Though they still remain annoying after the fact due to their movements, but at least you'd have an idea.

Also there's yet another new patch!

https://www.reddit.com/r/horizon/comments/60tnuj/horizon_zero_dawn_111_patch_notes/
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18