Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Finished Up]
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
@Pannathian @Otrera

Lihua looked at Marigold askance. Did she not realize what a beehive implied? She was no Phecda or Leo, but even she knew what the organization of a beehive was like. One leader for whom the workers would do everything for, including using their last breath in order to attack enemies, and a small contingent of broodmares whose only purpose was to create new workers for the leader.

Following that analogy, if Niko was the King, then Marigold must be a worker. One who would anything for her king. She swallowed, and glanced down at her skirt, brushing imaginary dust motes off the fabric. She would have to watch her words and actions carefully with those two.

“Our clan is terribly informal as well. We run as a rest stop of sorts for travellers, Especially for those crossing into or from Plague, from Water to Ice. Everyone has a job to keep the gold flowing

@Joying

Phecda felt herself blush and placed her hands on her cheeks to see if they burned as much as she thought they would. They were definitely hot to the touch. She could see both Leah and Lucia in her head giving her The Look. In fact she could almost hear Lucia’s voice in her head.

“You got so caught up in trivia you forgot about the actual relevant data. Good job.”

Lucia would be right of course. The whole reason she was allowed to come, other than being pretty, was that she needed to learn how to filter and deliver information. She took a couple deep breaths to calm herself.

"I'm sorry. I've been trying to get better about annoying others and not thinking about what I say. Do you all travel often? That's what I think I meant about Leah. Regular, larger groups of patrons who also hail from Plague would be great so she could talk about home, and it'd be because she brought us here."

Now that she had apologized and clarified, she ruminated on what the mirror girl had said. Now that she wasn’t caught up in the verbal vomit of fermented food facts and then saying whatever popped into her after that, didn’t make sense.

“Why would anyone write her notes when she can practically see it from where we are? Right, you wouldn’t know. We live downwind the border of Wind and Plague, and right on the border of Water. That’s how our clan makes money, we act as a rest stop for travelers between the four closest flights.” She paused thinking of the relevant information, instead of what was tangentially related. “I pretty sure there’s magic on the border to keep plagueborn illnesses out, otherwise the Steppes and Reedclifts wouldn’t be liveable. I’ll ask my teacher. ”

@Alnilam

Leah sighed in relief. “No, that should be enough to keep her safe. She’s curious, not an idiot. She knows she needs to stay close to the rest of us.”

She glanced around the ballroom again. “I’m not keeping you from other affairs am I?”
@Pannathian @Otrera

Lihua looked at Marigold askance. Did she not realize what a beehive implied? She was no Phecda or Leo, but even she knew what the organization of a beehive was like. One leader for whom the workers would do everything for, including using their last breath in order to attack enemies, and a small contingent of broodmares whose only purpose was to create new workers for the leader.

Following that analogy, if Niko was the King, then Marigold must be a worker. One who would anything for her king. She swallowed, and glanced down at her skirt, brushing imaginary dust motes off the fabric. She would have to watch her words and actions carefully with those two.

“Our clan is terribly informal as well. We run as a rest stop of sorts for travellers, Especially for those crossing into or from Plague, from Water to Ice. Everyone has a job to keep the gold flowing

@Joying

Phecda felt herself blush and placed her hands on her cheeks to see if they burned as much as she thought they would. They were definitely hot to the touch. She could see both Leah and Lucia in her head giving her The Look. In fact she could almost hear Lucia’s voice in her head.

“You got so caught up in trivia you forgot about the actual relevant data. Good job.”

Lucia would be right of course. The whole reason she was allowed to come, other than being pretty, was that she needed to learn how to filter and deliver information. She took a couple deep breaths to calm herself.

"I'm sorry. I've been trying to get better about annoying others and not thinking about what I say. Do you all travel often? That's what I think I meant about Leah. Regular, larger groups of patrons who also hail from Plague would be great so she could talk about home, and it'd be because she brought us here."

Now that she had apologized and clarified, she ruminated on what the mirror girl had said. Now that she wasn’t caught up in the verbal vomit of fermented food facts and then saying whatever popped into her after that, didn’t make sense.

“Why would anyone write her notes when she can practically see it from where we are? Right, you wouldn’t know. We live downwind the border of Wind and Plague, and right on the border of Water. That’s how our clan makes money, we act as a rest stop for travelers between the four closest flights.” She paused thinking of the relevant information, instead of what was tangentially related. “I pretty sure there’s magic on the border to keep plagueborn illnesses out, otherwise the Steppes and Reedclifts wouldn’t be liveable. I’ll ask my teacher. ”

@Alnilam

Leah sighed in relief. “No, that should be enough to keep her safe. She’s curious, not an idiot. She knows she needs to stay close to the rest of us.”

She glanced around the ballroom again. “I’m not keeping you from other affairs am I?”
@Joying

Tyr was a good listener, and was rather insightful when he wasnt being so vague. "A smart practice, bringing medicine from the land of plague to sell. I imagine that even some of the more common remedies could fetch a high price for their effectiveness." She smiled a little. "But if you over use such medicine, if you get sick, your body won't be able to fight things off as well if left on their own. So while a bad cold is miserable to endure, its quite necessary at times." She understood it, though it had to be unpleasant for the members who had hoped to come along.

"If you only stick to what you know, you won't improve on much. So,I agree, the more interesting people are those you find off the beaten path." Shimmer thought about his next question, taking a page from his book and adding a few embellishments as she gathered her thoughts. The hatchlings, the adults, the area around the clans domain.

Eventually, she spoke again. "Our clan is situated in the gentler area of the domain, closer to the edge that borders the Sea of a Thousand Currents than where the windswept plateau becomes the lands of plague. You should expect in terms of my clan mates an interesting mixture of flights. There's mostly wind and lightning, but there are of course other flights and even some people who stay with us as they pass through the area. If you wish to bring gifts, books and stories would probably be best. That seems to be the one thing that everyone can agree on and enjoy. And I imagine that at least a couple of the clan would be interested in talking to any practitioners of medicine that may be interested in coming along." It would be rude after all to give a wish list to someone, so while she knew of some things in specific a few members might enjoy, she wasnt going to request them.

"As for what to expect of the clan members, a good deal of them are fae. There's a lot of familiars, and we are currently trying to expand our lair because its getting a bit crowded. There are likely going to be quite a few hatchlings when you visit as well." She shrugged a bit. "Sorry, I'm not quite sure on how to describe everyone. There are a lot of different people, and it changes at times. Who might we expect to come visit? Or would that be dependent on what's happening on your clan at the time."
@Joying

Tyr was a good listener, and was rather insightful when he wasnt being so vague. "A smart practice, bringing medicine from the land of plague to sell. I imagine that even some of the more common remedies could fetch a high price for their effectiveness." She smiled a little. "But if you over use such medicine, if you get sick, your body won't be able to fight things off as well if left on their own. So while a bad cold is miserable to endure, its quite necessary at times." She understood it, though it had to be unpleasant for the members who had hoped to come along.

"If you only stick to what you know, you won't improve on much. So,I agree, the more interesting people are those you find off the beaten path." Shimmer thought about his next question, taking a page from his book and adding a few embellishments as she gathered her thoughts. The hatchlings, the adults, the area around the clans domain.

Eventually, she spoke again. "Our clan is situated in the gentler area of the domain, closer to the edge that borders the Sea of a Thousand Currents than where the windswept plateau becomes the lands of plague. You should expect in terms of my clan mates an interesting mixture of flights. There's mostly wind and lightning, but there are of course other flights and even some people who stay with us as they pass through the area. If you wish to bring gifts, books and stories would probably be best. That seems to be the one thing that everyone can agree on and enjoy. And I imagine that at least a couple of the clan would be interested in talking to any practitioners of medicine that may be interested in coming along." It would be rude after all to give a wish list to someone, so while she knew of some things in specific a few members might enjoy, she wasnt going to request them.

"As for what to expect of the clan members, a good deal of them are fae. There's a lot of familiars, and we are currently trying to expand our lair because its getting a bit crowded. There are likely going to be quite a few hatchlings when you visit as well." She shrugged a bit. "Sorry, I'm not quite sure on how to describe everyone. There are a lot of different people, and it changes at times. Who might we expect to come visit? Or would that be dependent on what's happening on your clan at the time."
giphy.gif
@Alnilam, If you don't mind me joining. :) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24086034] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/240861/24086034_350.png[/img] [/url] Iceheart is kind and loving. She is the good/calm side of the leadership. She is my second main progenitor, and though she may look tough, she just wants to your friend. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25450526] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/254506/25450526_350.png[/img] [/url] Leafswirl is strict yet caring. She used to be main healer of the clan until she agreed to let her apprentice take over after an accident that nearly killed Leafswirl. She always carries a pouch of herbs and her healing staff. She can also use her pearl to see and predict the near future, she is not always right though and it just a prediction. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25978180] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/259782/25978180_350.png[/img] [/url] Aytori is quiet and sometimes lonely, but he almost always has a good story to tell. He became the commander of battle after the old one killed a dragon and disappeared before trial was held. The old commander nearly killed him, but at least he is here now. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31226205] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/312263/31226205_350.png[/img] [/url] Umbra (Nicknamed Stargazer.) is often distant and serious but makes decent jokes when she's up to it. She is a fortune teller who loves the stars. She collects a lot of random shiny things. Uses a lot of cool magic, and is currently practicing her magician skills. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26932246] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/269323/26932246_350.png[/img] [/url] "Archer, he's not like us, he just wanted to........help his friends."- Spiritstar to his nephew, Archer. Spiritstar is mysterious and reserved, he usually only talks with those he knows, especially Destiny. He is a past [i]student[/i] of a dragon named Iado. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29097691] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/290977/29097691_350.png[/img] [/url] "Can't we just give them a chance? You gave me a second chance after Ice killed me, you've taught me so many things, maybe it's your turn to learn something?"-Destiny to Spiritstar and Archer. Destiny is mysterious and forgiving. She is Spiritstar's only true love, and she loves him dearly. In her past life, she was a snooty, rude dragon named [i]Glow[/i]. She was the one the commander before Aytori (Ice) killed. Spiritstar brought Glow back to life as Destiny, and he retaught her everything she had known.
@Alnilam, If you don't mind me joining. :)

24086034_350.png

Iceheart is kind and loving. She is the good/calm side of the leadership. She is my second main progenitor, and though she may look tough, she just wants to your friend.

25450526_350.png

Leafswirl is strict yet caring. She used to be main healer of the clan until she agreed to let her apprentice take over after an accident that nearly killed Leafswirl. She always carries a pouch of herbs and her healing staff. She can also use her pearl to see and predict the near future, she is not always right though and it just a prediction.

25978180_350.png

Aytori is quiet and sometimes lonely, but he almost always has a good story to tell. He became the commander of battle after the old one killed a dragon and disappeared before trial was held. The old commander nearly killed him, but at least he is here now.

31226205_350.png

Umbra (Nicknamed Stargazer.) is often distant and serious but makes decent jokes when she's up to it. She is a fortune teller who loves the stars. She collects a lot of random shiny things. Uses a lot of cool magic, and is currently practicing her magician skills.

26932246_350.png

"Archer, he's not like us, he just wanted to........help his friends."- Spiritstar to his nephew, Archer.
Spiritstar is mysterious and reserved, he usually only talks with those he knows, especially Destiny. He is a past student of a dragon named Iado.

29097691_350.png

"Can't we just give them a chance? You gave me a second chance after Ice killed me, you've taught me so many things, maybe it's your turn to learn something?"-Destiny to Spiritstar and Archer.

Destiny is mysterious and forgiving. She is Spiritstar's only true love, and she loves him dearly. In her past life, she was a snooty, rude dragon named Glow. She was the one the commander before Aytori (Ice) killed. Spiritstar brought Glow back to life as Destiny, and he retaught her everything she had known.

(I'm guessing it is night time?)

Iceheart walked through the door of the house. (Assuming there is one though...) "I apologize for being so very late! Umbra found some shiny thing and then we where attacked by some creature, then it was all chaos...." Iceheart said as she brushed some dirt off of her bag.

Leafswirl was to busy looking at the rose bushes by the house to notice Iceheart go inside. She graced one of the petals carefully with the end of her talon as to not cause the rose harm, but to still be able to feel it's soft petals. She quietly entered the house, her robe/cloak silencing her strides.

Aytori cautiously walked into the room with his pearl tight in his talons. "I daren’t say this place seems dangerous, but we must be careful just in case." he said.

Umbra sat on a large rock angled to the sky, What a lovely night it is tonight.... she thought as she mapped out the stars on a large scroll.

(I'm guessing it is night time?)

Iceheart walked through the door of the house. (Assuming there is one though...) "I apologize for being so very late! Umbra found some shiny thing and then we where attacked by some creature, then it was all chaos...." Iceheart said as she brushed some dirt off of her bag.

Leafswirl was to busy looking at the rose bushes by the house to notice Iceheart go inside. She graced one of the petals carefully with the end of her talon as to not cause the rose harm, but to still be able to feel it's soft petals. She quietly entered the house, her robe/cloak silencing her strides.

Aytori cautiously walked into the room with his pearl tight in his talons. "I daren’t say this place seems dangerous, but we must be careful just in case." he said.

Umbra sat on a large rock angled to the sky, What a lovely night it is tonight.... she thought as she mapped out the stars on a large scroll.

@Alnilam [center][size=4][b][color=a50000]Delegation: Nowhere Asylum[/color][/b][/size][/center] Note: Since I'm playing these guys as gijinkas, the second paragraphs under them are short descriptions of their general appearances. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6898795] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/68988/6898795_350.png[/img] [/url] Kvatyr: Our founder, and for many years prisoner (long story how that happened, we don't keep prisoners anymore), now unable to properly walk or use her arms thanks to muscle atrophy set on by being trapped in a tiny cage for the duration of her imprisonment. Despite this, she excels at flying and is a powerful Plague mage. Also of note is that she is skin and bone, refusing to eat normal food and only feeding on the flesh of other people (Not a concern, she's not on the hunt right now and is kept in check by Xolotl.) She doesn't trust anyone aside from the other inmates, but doesn't often show it, and acts as welcoming, friendly, and kind as she can. Average height, skin and bone, shorter than normal horns (one of them is broken), wears a ragged dress, broken chains on her wrists and ankles. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18817226] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/188173/18817226_350.png[/img] [/url] Xolotl: Kvatyr's personal body guard and mode of transport. They are rarely apart and he will fight to the death to protect her and other inmates when they are present. He is a "retired" warrior and active hitman and only protects us out of a sense of loyalty to those providing his housing and care. He is incredibly cold and never shows any emotion, usually acting like a shadow either following or carrying Kvatyr. Ludicrously tall and muscular, face is covered with scars (why he wears the masks), never wears a shirt, keeps his sword strapped across the waist of his kilt, looks really intimidating. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18060758] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/180608/18060758_350.png[/img] [/url] Velte: Kvatyr's daughter and our "diplomat". She is very eloquent and strict and only acts kind and apologetic out of obligation. She will complain about dragons behind their backs in a scornful manner and has a bad relationship with her mother, not wanting to be associated with her and pretending they're not related. She is a perfectionist and never admits to being wrong or failing. Below average hight and slightly overweight, wears a simple and bloodstained gown. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7137515] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/71376/7137515_350.png[/img] [/url] Ragnarok: Our priestess and executioner, though she doesn't preach much anymore and serves more as a comforting mother figure to us. She is genuinely welcoming and kind, and will listen to your problems and try and comfort you for as long as needed. She is also very headstrong and stubborn and if you're looking for a fight, she'll take you on. Tall and elegant, though not particularly feminine looking and visibly scarred all across her body. Wears a collared shirt with jeans and a red leather trench coat adorned with skulls, a crown of bones, and a large, shining pendant. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8309596] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/83096/8309596_350.png[/img] [/url] Mortos: Our gravekeeper, though his idea of tending to graves is throwing a mangled body on the ground to be reclaimed by nature. He has a fascination with ghosts and has managed to trap a few in his pearl, which now functions a lot like a glowing, floating, sassy magic 8 ball. He now has no clue how he did that, and is a bit disappointed that he can't collect more. He is also a retired Shadow mage, and isn't looking to fight, but will still use his powers to his advantage. He's not the most social in the world and is often found hanging around his best friend, Krova, to keep him calm and stable. Short and naturally chubby, very kind looking, wears a plain hooded robe, usually keeps the mask flipped up and out of the way. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10654770] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/106548/10654770_350.png[/img] [/url] Dr. Krova: Ragnarok's son, Mortos's dearest friend, and our sole doctor, primarily a surgeon. He knows no magic and isn't interesting in learning any. He is perfectly happy with his methods. He carries around [i]a ton[/i] of supplies and sometimes jokes about being a walking hospital. He's polite, friendly, and has a lot of patience. He's known for putting up with much more than most would and is hardly ever angry with anyone. However, he's unstable and can be dangerous to be around, which is why Mortos accompanies him. Because of this, he can [i]never[/i] be put into combat and is why he makes such an effort to keep from being angry or aggressive. He doesn't deal with competition well, and will only tolerate being the only doctor present, and if it's getting out of hand, he will either leave or try and assert his dominance. (It's kind of a bad sign that he secretly wants to kill his nurse.) Part of why he doesn't take competition well is that he is self taught and when there is competition, his confidence falters. A bit above average height and thin, pale and constantly tired looking, wears a traditional plague doctor's outfit with a large duffle bag over his shoulders, the cleaver attached to his belt, and retractable steel claws, once a separate pair of gloves better suited for combat, now sown to his normal gloves and rigged with a hidden release switch and internal locking mechanism so they can be retracted and concealed.[/center]
@Alnilam
Delegation: Nowhere Asylum

Note: Since I'm playing these guys as gijinkas, the second paragraphs under them are short descriptions of their general appearances.

6898795_350.png

Kvatyr: Our founder, and for many years prisoner (long story how that happened, we don't keep prisoners anymore), now unable to properly walk or use her arms thanks to muscle atrophy set on by being trapped in a tiny cage for the duration of her imprisonment. Despite this, she excels at flying and is a powerful Plague mage. Also of note is that she is skin and bone, refusing to eat normal food and only feeding on the flesh of other people (Not a concern, she's not on the hunt right now and is kept in check by Xolotl.) She doesn't trust anyone aside from the other inmates, but doesn't often show it, and acts as welcoming, friendly, and kind as she can.

Average height, skin and bone, shorter than normal horns (one of them is broken), wears a ragged dress, broken chains on her wrists and ankles.

18817226_350.png

Xolotl: Kvatyr's personal body guard and mode of transport. They are rarely apart and he will fight to the death to protect her and other inmates when they are present. He is a "retired" warrior and active hitman and only protects us out of a sense of loyalty to those providing his housing and care. He is incredibly cold and never shows any emotion, usually acting like a shadow either following or carrying Kvatyr.

Ludicrously tall and muscular, face is covered with scars (why he wears the masks), never wears a shirt, keeps his sword strapped across the waist of his kilt, looks really intimidating.

18060758_350.png

Velte: Kvatyr's daughter and our "diplomat". She is very eloquent and strict and only acts kind and apologetic out of obligation. She will complain about dragons behind their backs in a scornful manner and has a bad relationship with her mother, not wanting to be associated with her and pretending they're not related. She is a perfectionist and never admits to being wrong or failing.

Below average hight and slightly overweight, wears a simple and bloodstained gown.

7137515_350.png

Ragnarok: Our priestess and executioner, though she doesn't preach much anymore and serves more as a comforting mother figure to us. She is genuinely welcoming and kind, and will listen to your problems and try and comfort you for as long as needed. She is also very headstrong and stubborn and if you're looking for a fight, she'll take you on.

Tall and elegant, though not particularly feminine looking and visibly scarred all across her body. Wears a collared shirt with jeans and a red leather trench coat adorned with skulls, a crown of bones, and a large, shining pendant.

8309596_350.png

Mortos: Our gravekeeper, though his idea of tending to graves is throwing a mangled body on the ground to be reclaimed by nature. He has a fascination with ghosts and has managed to trap a few in his pearl, which now functions a lot like a glowing, floating, sassy magic 8 ball. He now has no clue how he did that, and is a bit disappointed that he can't collect more. He is also a retired Shadow mage, and isn't looking to fight, but will still use his powers to his advantage. He's not the most social in the world and is often found hanging around his best friend, Krova, to keep him calm and stable.

Short and naturally chubby, very kind looking, wears a plain hooded robe, usually keeps the mask flipped up and out of the way.

10654770_350.png

Dr. Krova: Ragnarok's son, Mortos's dearest friend, and our sole doctor, primarily a surgeon. He knows no magic and isn't interesting in learning any. He is perfectly happy with his methods. He carries around a ton of supplies and sometimes jokes about being a walking hospital. He's polite, friendly, and has a lot of patience. He's known for putting up with much more than most would and is hardly ever angry with anyone. However, he's unstable and can be dangerous to be around, which is why Mortos accompanies him. Because of this, he can never be put into combat and is why he makes such an effort to keep from being angry or aggressive. He doesn't deal with competition well, and will only tolerate being the only doctor present, and if it's getting out of hand, he will either leave or try and assert his dominance. (It's kind of a bad sign that he secretly wants to kill his nurse.) Part of why he doesn't take competition well is that he is self taught and when there is competition, his confidence falters.

A bit above average height and thin, pale and constantly tired looking, wears a traditional plague doctor's outfit with a large duffle bag over his shoulders, the cleaver attached to his belt, and retractable steel claws, once a separate pair of gloves better suited for combat, now sown to his normal gloves and rigged with a hidden release switch and internal locking mechanism so they can be retracted and concealed.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
@Alnilam @Flamestar03

((I posted this at about 1 AM in my time zone and my brain wasn't all here at that point then I realized, duh, I should at least try and talk to the host.))

"Oh dear, we seem to be late..." Ragnarok mutters as her group walks through the door, then lifts her arms to catch the attention of the others at the ball, seeing as Velte is too busy scowling at her mother to introduce them. "Our apologies for being so late. My husband let the campfire get out of hand again, but worry not, all is well now. We are here on the behalf of all the inmates of Nowhere Asylum, a small band of nomads based mainly out of the Plaguelands, though we travel the world! We are very happy to be here and wish we could have arrived earlier." She smiles and walks up behind Krova, resting her arm over his shoulder to reassure him that everything will be fine.

Krova gently lifts her hand from his shoulder and nods, wandering off through the ballroom, following Mortos for the time being.

Xolotl wanders off as well with Kvatyr riding on his shoulders, resting her arms on his head. She grins, constantly turning her head and watching everyone and everything.

Velte heavily sighs and stays near Ragnarok, not wanting to be anywhere near Kvatyr, or at least, that's what Ragnarok thinks her reason for looking so angry is. She's proven wrong when Velte suddenly grabs the priestess's ear and harshly tugs it, growling under her breath and knocking Ragnarok's bone crown to the side. "Moron, what are you doing? Informal wretch, give me the invite!" She whispers and lets go, glaring at the woman in the leather coat. Ragnarok glares back, almost growling at the 'leader' of their band, a control freak just like her disgraceful father, but she doesn't try and hide it around the inmates, which arguably makes it worse.

Ragnarok reaches into her coat and pulls the folded parchment from one of the inner pockets, but doesn't hand it to the shorter woman in the red spattered gown. Instead, she holds it above the other's head and drops it, snarling as a warning. "Keep it up, and you'll be the next one I see in my personal slaughterhouse! Got it?!" Not waiting for a response, she turns and whips her tail, leaving to explore the ballroom.

Velte scowls again and shakes her head, suddenly making herself look friendly and charming. She unfolds the parchment and turns to the bouncer standing at the door. "Sorry about that, I swear, I'm the most sensible of them. Here's our invitation."

Ragnarok scoffs, hearing Velte start up her act. Needing to calm her nerves, she approaches the other late arrivals and adjusts her crown. She smiles and reaches towards Iceheart, offering a hand shake. "Good evening, the name's Ragnarok, priestess and executioner of Nowhere Asylum. Who might you be?"
@Alnilam @Flamestar03

((I posted this at about 1 AM in my time zone and my brain wasn't all here at that point then I realized, duh, I should at least try and talk to the host.))

"Oh dear, we seem to be late..." Ragnarok mutters as her group walks through the door, then lifts her arms to catch the attention of the others at the ball, seeing as Velte is too busy scowling at her mother to introduce them. "Our apologies for being so late. My husband let the campfire get out of hand again, but worry not, all is well now. We are here on the behalf of all the inmates of Nowhere Asylum, a small band of nomads based mainly out of the Plaguelands, though we travel the world! We are very happy to be here and wish we could have arrived earlier." She smiles and walks up behind Krova, resting her arm over his shoulder to reassure him that everything will be fine.

Krova gently lifts her hand from his shoulder and nods, wandering off through the ballroom, following Mortos for the time being.

Xolotl wanders off as well with Kvatyr riding on his shoulders, resting her arms on his head. She grins, constantly turning her head and watching everyone and everything.

Velte heavily sighs and stays near Ragnarok, not wanting to be anywhere near Kvatyr, or at least, that's what Ragnarok thinks her reason for looking so angry is. She's proven wrong when Velte suddenly grabs the priestess's ear and harshly tugs it, growling under her breath and knocking Ragnarok's bone crown to the side. "Moron, what are you doing? Informal wretch, give me the invite!" She whispers and lets go, glaring at the woman in the leather coat. Ragnarok glares back, almost growling at the 'leader' of their band, a control freak just like her disgraceful father, but she doesn't try and hide it around the inmates, which arguably makes it worse.

Ragnarok reaches into her coat and pulls the folded parchment from one of the inner pockets, but doesn't hand it to the shorter woman in the red spattered gown. Instead, she holds it above the other's head and drops it, snarling as a warning. "Keep it up, and you'll be the next one I see in my personal slaughterhouse! Got it?!" Not waiting for a response, she turns and whips her tail, leaving to explore the ballroom.

Velte scowls again and shakes her head, suddenly making herself look friendly and charming. She unfolds the parchment and turns to the bouncer standing at the door. "Sorry about that, I swear, I'm the most sensible of them. Here's our invitation."

Ragnarok scoffs, hearing Velte start up her act. Needing to calm her nerves, she approaches the other late arrivals and adjusts her crown. She smiles and reaches towards Iceheart, offering a hand shake. "Good evening, the name's Ragnarok, priestess and executioner of Nowhere Asylum. Who might you be?"
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
@SporkLord Iceheart nearly bumped into Ragnarok, [b]"Oh dear! I am so terribly sorry about that! I didn't mean to do that. I am Iceheart Second Leader of the clan of Stronger Ice."[/b] Iceheart gave an apologetic smile and took up the hand shake. Spiritstar walked in, holding a deathly black rose in one of his talons. He looked at it for a moment before turning to the door, [b]"Destiny, just come in already, they won't care if you have a tiny speck of dust on your gloves."[/b] he said, rolling his eyes. Destiny peeped her head inside the room. She looked around for a moment before gracefully stepping inside. She hardly had any time to see Iceheart's tail as the Mirror turned to Ragnarok, she tripped on the tail and fell hard onto the ground. Suddenly there was a loud cracking sound and a heart shaped, blood red, shiny gem rolled out of what seemed to be where her heart was. Destiny suddenly went limp and her eyes closed. Spiritstar's face shifted from emotionless to horrified urgency. He zipped past Iceheart and tore the bag from around the Mirror's wings. He tore the pink bag open and dug through the items inside. He found a needle and thread of all things and grabbed them. He grabbed the gem from the ground and rolled Destiny onto her back. Spiritstar carefully placed the gem back inside the area where Destiny's heart would be, he then sewed the open wound up with some black thread and shook her awake. [img]http://thejewelinside.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/jewel-heart.png[/img] -not my image
@SporkLord

Iceheart nearly bumped into Ragnarok, "Oh dear! I am so terribly sorry about that! I didn't mean to do that. I am Iceheart Second Leader of the clan of Stronger Ice." Iceheart gave an apologetic smile and took up the hand shake.

Spiritstar walked in, holding a deathly black rose in one of his talons. He looked at it for a moment before turning to the door, "Destiny, just come in already, they won't care if you have a tiny speck of dust on your gloves." he said, rolling his eyes.

Destiny peeped her head inside the room. She looked around for a moment before gracefully stepping inside. She hardly had any time to see Iceheart's tail as the Mirror turned to Ragnarok, she tripped on the tail and fell hard onto the ground. Suddenly there was a loud cracking sound and a heart shaped, blood red, shiny gem rolled out of what seemed to be where her heart was. Destiny suddenly went limp and her eyes closed.

Spiritstar's face shifted from emotionless to horrified urgency. He zipped past Iceheart and tore the bag from around the Mirror's wings. He tore the pink bag open and dug through the items inside. He found a needle and thread of all things and grabbed them. He grabbed the gem from the ground and rolled Destiny onto her back. Spiritstar carefully placed the gem back inside the area where Destiny's heart would be, he then sewed the open wound up with some black thread and shook her awake.

jewel-heart.png
-not my image
@Flamestar03

"Oh, it's not a problem. Nice to meet you..." Ragnarok watches the panic, unsure what to do. She takes a step closer to Spiritstar and Destiny, but makes sure to keep her distance. She kneels, trying to get a better look at what's going on out of concern for them. "Are you alright?"

Hearing the cracking, Krova swivels around and breaks into a sprint when he sees Destiny colapse. He nearly vaults over the long table with tons of food, but right before he can, he realizes he's already over there. Out of breath, he bends over a bit, holding on to his knees and breathing heavily for a few seconds. "She *gasp* fainted, *gasp* yes?"

Mortos follows him silently, seemingly coming out of nowhere when he reaches forward and rests a hand on Krova's shoulder.
@Flamestar03

"Oh, it's not a problem. Nice to meet you..." Ragnarok watches the panic, unsure what to do. She takes a step closer to Spiritstar and Destiny, but makes sure to keep her distance. She kneels, trying to get a better look at what's going on out of concern for them. "Are you alright?"

Hearing the cracking, Krova swivels around and breaks into a sprint when he sees Destiny colapse. He nearly vaults over the long table with tons of food, but right before he can, he realizes he's already over there. Out of breath, he bends over a bit, holding on to his knees and breathing heavily for a few seconds. "She *gasp* fainted, *gasp* yes?"

Mortos follows him silently, seemingly coming out of nowhere when he reaches forward and rests a hand on Krova's shoulder.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
"No, she was dead for a moment there, the gem you saw fall out of her, is her heart." Spiritstar said as he helped Destiny up. "I'm okay, I guess when we get home, I should fix up the stitches?" she asked Spiritstar. "Definitely." Spiritstar said as he put the rose in Destiny's talons, "I found that outside, I thought you might like it." he said, a smile ever so slightly showing at the corners of his mouth.
I think at some point, I got to lazy to separate my characters' rp stuff. Probably because I'm insanely hungry right now.
"No, she was dead for a moment there, the gem you saw fall out of her, is her heart." Spiritstar said as he helped Destiny up. "I'm okay, I guess when we get home, I should fix up the stitches?" she asked Spiritstar. "Definitely." Spiritstar said as he put the rose in Destiny's talons, "I found that outside, I thought you might like it." he said, a smile ever so slightly showing at the corners of his mouth.
I think at some point, I got to lazy to separate my characters' rp stuff. Probably because I'm insanely hungry right now.
@flamestar03

Krova stands up straight, raising an eyebrow. He glances at Mortos who looks just as confused. They shrug and Krova steps closer to Spiritstar and Destiny. "I don't mean to seem rude or anything, but I have sutures. I could easily fix it, wouldn't be any trouble."
@flamestar03

Krova stands up straight, raising an eyebrow. He glances at Mortos who looks just as confused. They shrug and Krova steps closer to Spiritstar and Destiny. "I don't mean to seem rude or anything, but I have sutures. I could easily fix it, wouldn't be any trouble."
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14