Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | AH: Bigger dragon icons + less refresh

I'd really like the return of the larger dragon icons on click. Or an option to make dragon icons inherently 100x100, if possible--I know this would stretch the listing space a bit, but it would be my preferred option.

I'd rather not have to open an entirely new page every time I want to view a dragon as more than a tiny blob.

Going to a new page refreshes the AH page. Listing a dragon refreshes the AH page. Performing a new search refreshes the AH page.

It's a little disorienting. I don't know if all the refreshing is necessary, but I really liked how smooth it was before, and would like to see a return to not having to refresh every time I do anything.

I'd really like the return of the larger dragon icons on click. Or an option to make dragon icons inherently 100x100, if possible--I know this would stretch the listing space a bit, but it would be my preferred option.

I'd rather not have to open an entirely new page every time I want to view a dragon as more than a tiny blob.

Going to a new page refreshes the AH page. Listing a dragon refreshes the AH page. Performing a new search refreshes the AH page.

It's a little disorienting. I don't know if all the refreshing is necessary, but I really liked how smooth it was before, and would like to see a return to not having to refresh every time I do anything.
Agreed on both things. The refresh is especially jarring when trying to list multiple of the same item.
Agreed on both things. The refresh is especially jarring when trying to list multiple of the same item.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
Support! I was dismayed to see the dragons were so tiny and mostly impossible to see the details of. This is also an accessibility issue and one that needs to be remedied. I'd rather look at a dragon from right there in the AH and decide if I want it than get redirected to a million new tabs every time I want a closer look at a dragon. I loved it before when we could click on the dragon in the AH for a full sized view of what it looked like without having to go to a new page
Support! I was dismayed to see the dragons were so tiny and mostly impossible to see the details of. This is also an accessibility issue and one that needs to be remedied. I'd rather look at a dragon from right there in the AH and decide if I want it than get redirected to a million new tabs every time I want a closer look at a dragon. I loved it before when we could click on the dragon in the AH for a full sized view of what it looked like without having to go to a new page
water-banner-3_zpspqe7dfz3.gif

Well-behaved women seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
End corruption now
Support! The dragon icons are so small, people immediately have to click on the bigger version which then takes you to the dragons page in a new tab.
The refreshing thing is really inconvenient as well, it constantly takes me back to the top and takes a while to load up sometimes :/
Support! The dragon icons are so small, people immediately have to click on the bigger version which then takes you to the dragons page in a new tab.
The refreshing thing is really inconvenient as well, it constantly takes me back to the top and takes a while to load up sometimes :/
Or perhaps in Slytherin, you'll make real friends
It could definitely use some optimization. I don't know why they didn't opt for AJAX. Even just putting it in an iframe would help reduce the page size when reloading. Their servers are going to strain under all of this excess reloading. I get that they want the URL to reflect the selected settings, so you can just bookmark or link to it, but I'm pretty sure there's ways to do that while still using AJAX or iframes. Why not a 'Permalink' button/field? You can have all the GET parameters in there. Speaking of GET parameters... Why is it necessary to have a parameter for every single option even when they're blank? Example: [code]http://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy/realm/dragons?perpage=10&sort=cost_asc&d_named=&treasure_min=0&treasure_max=&gems_min=&gems_max=&currency=0&d_breed=&d_bodygene=&d_winggene=&d_tertgene=&d_gender=&d_body=&d_wings=&d_tert=&d_element=&d_body_range=&d_wings_range=&d_tert_range=&d_age=1&d_rtb=&d_gen1=&d_pattern=&d_id_length=&d_level_min=&d_level_max=&page=1[/code] Only 6 out of around 20 of those parameters are defined, you could easily shorten it to: [code]http://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy/realm/dragons?perpage=10&sort=cost_asc&treasure_min=0&currency=0&d_age=1&page=1[/code]
It could definitely use some optimization. I don't know why they didn't opt for AJAX. Even just putting it in an iframe would help reduce the page size when reloading. Their servers are going to strain under all of this excess reloading.

I get that they want the URL to reflect the selected settings, so you can just bookmark or link to it, but I'm pretty sure there's ways to do that while still using AJAX or iframes. Why not a 'Permalink' button/field? You can have all the GET parameters in there.

Speaking of GET parameters... Why is it necessary to have a parameter for every single option even when they're blank?
Example:
Code:
http://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy/realm/dragons?perpage=10&sort=cost_asc&d_named=&treasure_min=0&treasure_max=&gems_min=&gems_max=&currency=0&d_breed=&d_bodygene=&d_winggene=&d_tertgene=&d_gender=&d_body=&d_wings=&d_tert=&d_element=&d_body_range=&d_wings_range=&d_tert_range=&d_age=1&d_rtb=&d_gen1=&d_pattern=&d_id_length=&d_level_min=&d_level_max=&page=1

Only 6 out of around 20 of those parameters are defined, you could easily shorten it to:
Code:
http://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy/realm/dragons?perpage=10&sort=cost_asc&treasure_min=0&currency=0&d_age=1&page=1
sphwgl.pngppp-badge_breedstore.gif
@Psionics

From my understanding, FR doesn't have an experienced dedicated coder. That's why it takes forever for revamps to even happen, why certain major feature breaking bugs continue to exist, and why... Stuff like this happens.

I'm an interactive designer, I don't do the code part myself. But even I can glance at some of the language here and cringe.
@Psionics

From my understanding, FR doesn't have an experienced dedicated coder. That's why it takes forever for revamps to even happen, why certain major feature breaking bugs continue to exist, and why... Stuff like this happens.

I'm an interactive designer, I don't do the code part myself. But even I can glance at some of the language here and cringe.