Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | What do you think it's worth?
I'm still a massive newbie to the Flight Rising community, and I'm absolutely in love with this game and the friends that come with it, so I'd really love a professional opinion from someone on what they think my art would be worth. On Lioden, when my interest was still whole hearted with it, the highest amount I ever made was equivalent to about 60USD. I'm not sure if anyone would be that enthusiastic on here, but I'm still highly curious. I am a professional artist that is currently struggling to make ends meet, and I'd prefer the opinion of another professional, but critiques are welcomed.

Here are some examples:

http://imgur.com/a/NkwpJ
http://imgur.com/gallery/XtYuP
I'm still a massive newbie to the Flight Rising community, and I'm absolutely in love with this game and the friends that come with it, so I'd really love a professional opinion from someone on what they think my art would be worth. On Lioden, when my interest was still whole hearted with it, the highest amount I ever made was equivalent to about 60USD. I'm not sure if anyone would be that enthusiastic on here, but I'm still highly curious. I am a professional artist that is currently struggling to make ends meet, and I'd prefer the opinion of another professional, but critiques are welcomed.

Here are some examples:

http://imgur.com/a/NkwpJ
http://imgur.com/gallery/XtYuP
@ToriSketch
If you're looking to make money and support yourself, my honest opinion is that petsites aren't the place to do it. The demographic is pretty young on them, and there isn't going to be a steady stream of income from it unless you really luck out (but again, that could dramatically change month to month).
Places that deal mostly in RL currency would be your best bet, like Furaffinity, Deviantart, Tumblr, etc.

If you're after flight rising currency however, it's my honest opinion that quick, low starting auctions are a good judgement for interest and where to price yourself.
(for example, if you start out low and the price picks up quickly, you can ascertain that your prices should be a lot higher because there is a lot of interest and people willing to pay for it.)
@ToriSketch
If you're looking to make money and support yourself, my honest opinion is that petsites aren't the place to do it. The demographic is pretty young on them, and there isn't going to be a steady stream of income from it unless you really luck out (but again, that could dramatically change month to month).
Places that deal mostly in RL currency would be your best bet, like Furaffinity, Deviantart, Tumblr, etc.

If you're after flight rising currency however, it's my honest opinion that quick, low starting auctions are a good judgement for interest and where to price yourself.
(for example, if you start out low and the price picks up quickly, you can ascertain that your prices should be a lot higher because there is a lot of interest and people willing to pay for it.)
@Mels
Thanks for the advice about the auctions. I really have considered doing a YCH thing and seeing what prices would work, so hearing your opinion on that really helps settle me a bit. Also, I know pet sites aren't exactly a prime place to looks for a potential paycheck, but I've had a huge amount of luck on them. Not to mention, for whatever the reason, places like Tumblr, Furaffinity, and Deviantart don't seem to favor me. I'm not sure if it's the demographic or what, but I've always had trouble on them. It's really odd. o_o
@Mels
Thanks for the advice about the auctions. I really have considered doing a YCH thing and seeing what prices would work, so hearing your opinion on that really helps settle me a bit. Also, I know pet sites aren't exactly a prime place to looks for a potential paycheck, but I've had a huge amount of luck on them. Not to mention, for whatever the reason, places like Tumblr, Furaffinity, and Deviantart don't seem to favor me. I'm not sure if it's the demographic or what, but I've always had trouble on them. It's really odd. o_o
@ToriSketch
I think with most places it takes activity and the like to gain a big following.
I'm guessing you're here because you like sites like this =P so you probably are really active here, and activity really encourages others to interact with you, especially if your activity is really positive.
(Also I hope that didn't come off earlier as 'you can't make money off petsites', just more along the lines of 'it may not be a viable income if you're struggling'. I see a lot of artists pop up on a lot of different sites thinking they're going to afford rent right out the gate with commissions, and then get upset when it doesn't happen.)
@ToriSketch
I think with most places it takes activity and the like to gain a big following.
I'm guessing you're here because you like sites like this =P so you probably are really active here, and activity really encourages others to interact with you, especially if your activity is really positive.
(Also I hope that didn't come off earlier as 'you can't make money off petsites', just more along the lines of 'it may not be a viable income if you're struggling'. I see a lot of artists pop up on a lot of different sites thinking they're going to afford rent right out the gate with commissions, and then get upset when it doesn't happen.)
@Mels
Nah, it's chill!! Thanks again!!! Hopefully I'll get a few more opinions before offering my services :O
@Mels
Nah, it's chill!! Thanks again!!! Hopefully I'll get a few more opinions before offering my services :O
@ToriSketch
If your looking for ways to gain USD commissions, I'd suggest Instagram if you have a phone or tablet you can download it on. It's not a sure fire way of gaining commissions right off the bat and it will take you time to get even a few commissions, but I've seen some higher end art there sell for a good amount. I know one of the secrets is gaining a decent amount of followers and posting as often as you can. I don't have a lot of followers there are I only get a few commissions here and there, but its worth a shot.

Your art is gorgeous, tbh, I'd definitely say that it is in the higher $40-$60 range to start out and once you gain a decent art following I would say slowly raise them from there. It's hard, but hang in there!
@ToriSketch
If your looking for ways to gain USD commissions, I'd suggest Instagram if you have a phone or tablet you can download it on. It's not a sure fire way of gaining commissions right off the bat and it will take you time to get even a few commissions, but I've seen some higher end art there sell for a good amount. I know one of the secrets is gaining a decent amount of followers and posting as often as you can. I don't have a lot of followers there are I only get a few commissions here and there, but its worth a shot.

Your art is gorgeous, tbh, I'd definitely say that it is in the higher $40-$60 range to start out and once you gain a decent art following I would say slowly raise them from there. It's hard, but hang in there!
shaman_zaffy_100_by_dragonnmr-d9fqzil.gifnewyear_imperials_raelgil_s_by_higginstheawesome-d9p70ex.pngturkey_coatls_lyla_s_by_higginstheawesome-d9i4xey.png