Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I LONG FOR U BB (Long distance stuff)
I wanna see if there's any people here having a long distance relationship. You know, far away from a person you love, whether you've met before or not. And my god there are a lot of people going through this secretively. And it's really sad to see the biggest complication with a long distance relationship - parents. ;;

I just want to see if any of you guys are going through this, and if you wanna tell me your life story with them so be it. c: i shall, oops

Met a guy on a dragonadopters chat, lol. But it was full of other people. Suddenly I was playing feralheart and we both joined in on the same private map on our own and we had such a private chat, oooh yes. (No we were literally just messing around with the emotes and actions lol)
he was also the same guy that went wild and posted like 'omg I luv ur artz' on deviantART on every single thing possible to me and he was a right annoyance I swear I mean yes he luves my stuff and how I like playing shooter games like him but dayum gimme some space ok
then because I'm so nice we added each other on msn and had some funny times. Thought he was like 20, he looked like 30 when we did a random vidchat when his internet was crap and irl he was 14 and I thought he was joking for like 2 months until I realized

then I broke up with a bf I had before oops and my free soul just clinged to the next guy. next internet guy even though I promised before that I wouldn't again after a 1 year LDR with someone else. And i never rly knew him as much which was bad but.. Well we are as close as ever and as close as I ever have been with someone. 2 years and counting. Barely had a day without talking and now I'm the one that annoys him more than he does to me. He is me when I was 13 and I'm him when he was 14 oops.

And we met twice, and will meet again next week actually. And I'm 16 in England and he's in Austria. Not as far but still only reachable by plane. It took a lot of resiliance and pressure onto my parents though but they're slowly starting to accept him. He fixes our computers anyway, they only like him in the friendzone.

tell me yours! c: And if you have any complications, maybe I could try to help with c:
I wanna see if there's any people here having a long distance relationship. You know, far away from a person you love, whether you've met before or not. And my god there are a lot of people going through this secretively. And it's really sad to see the biggest complication with a long distance relationship - parents. ;;

I just want to see if any of you guys are going through this, and if you wanna tell me your life story with them so be it. c: i shall, oops

Met a guy on a dragonadopters chat, lol. But it was full of other people. Suddenly I was playing feralheart and we both joined in on the same private map on our own and we had such a private chat, oooh yes. (No we were literally just messing around with the emotes and actions lol)
he was also the same guy that went wild and posted like 'omg I luv ur artz' on deviantART on every single thing possible to me and he was a right annoyance I swear I mean yes he luves my stuff and how I like playing shooter games like him but dayum gimme some space ok
then because I'm so nice we added each other on msn and had some funny times. Thought he was like 20, he looked like 30 when we did a random vidchat when his internet was crap and irl he was 14 and I thought he was joking for like 2 months until I realized

then I broke up with a bf I had before oops and my free soul just clinged to the next guy. next internet guy even though I promised before that I wouldn't again after a 1 year LDR with someone else. And i never rly knew him as much which was bad but.. Well we are as close as ever and as close as I ever have been with someone. 2 years and counting. Barely had a day without talking and now I'm the one that annoys him more than he does to me. He is me when I was 13 and I'm him when he was 14 oops.

And we met twice, and will meet again next week actually. And I'm 16 in England and he's in Austria. Not as far but still only reachable by plane. It took a lot of resiliance and pressure onto my parents though but they're slowly starting to accept him. He fixes our computers anyway, they only like him in the friendzone.

tell me yours! c: And if you have any complications, maybe I could try to help with c:
a1IrWcm.png
@Collapsix
I've only been in one other LDR before the one I'm in now with @Ellis and frick are they hard to do sometimes
especially when you're more of a physical being, like I am, who likes cuddling and hand-holding and covering the target of my affections with kisses
//shakes hands at the ~3-4 states between me n her

tbh I'd sell everything I own right now to be able to move down there w/ her but not only is her house a bit small but her mother is rather "eeeehhhhh" on the whole thing (she doesn't know and we plan on keeping it that way, at least for awhile) so that should show how much her mother would support us :(

I like to think my grandparents are more supportive than that -- I'm honestly not sure but they don't seem opposed to it and I don't think they'd be kicking me n her out for anything other than me not paying rent to live w/ them once I get a job lmao
@Collapsix
I've only been in one other LDR before the one I'm in now with @Ellis and frick are they hard to do sometimes
especially when you're more of a physical being, like I am, who likes cuddling and hand-holding and covering the target of my affections with kisses
//shakes hands at the ~3-4 states between me n her

tbh I'd sell everything I own right now to be able to move down there w/ her but not only is her house a bit small but her mother is rather "eeeehhhhh" on the whole thing (she doesn't know and we plan on keeping it that way, at least for awhile) so that should show how much her mother would support us :(

I like to think my grandparents are more supportive than that -- I'm honestly not sure but they don't seem opposed to it and I don't think they'd be kicking me n her out for anything other than me not paying rent to live w/ them once I get a job lmao
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
My husband and I were a LDR for 6 years (so not going to go into full detail. it would be loooooong). I was in australia and he lived in the USA. Its a looooong way between those countries. I managed to visit him three times and he visited me once. I finally got my visa to come over here to the US and marry him this year :D Its been a real journey, but if you find "the one" like I have then it is well worth the time, tears and effort that it takes to make it work.
My husband and I were a LDR for 6 years (so not going to go into full detail. it would be loooooong). I was in australia and he lived in the USA. Its a looooong way between those countries. I managed to visit him three times and he visited me once. I finally got my visa to come over here to the US and marry him this year :D Its been a real journey, but if you find "the one" like I have then it is well worth the time, tears and effort that it takes to make it work.
011F_Custom.png 013F_Custom.png
Oh boy.

I was part of an art site a couple of years ago, one of my not-so-very-often-used-and-abandoned-by-now galleries, but either way, back then I used to sometimes post fanart of various things.

And she used to post her fanfiction of the same fandom. I read her stuff and loved it, so I favorited them and was surprised to find a comment on my page the next day from her, all "Omg you, you faved my stuff, I love your art omg!".

That got us started chatting and fangirling and we added each other on skype, and I told her about the awesome world of RP, which is something she had never done before! And now she loves it lol, we RP every evening.

Either way! Turned out we had a lot of similarities when it came to interests and the like and yeah... you know. Feelings happened eventually. And they were mutual.
The problem was/is she's married and while her husband is totally fine with us together (probably because I'm a girl) and he already said he doesn't mind sharing the bed should I ever come for a visit (durrr) I don't feel comfortable with it and I told her that. I don't want to get in the way of a successful marriage, I'm not friends with the guy and I don't like sharing.

So right now we're just best of best friends and have been for many years, and her husband is alright I suppose, I've never really talked to him but yeah... I kinda wish he wasn't involved XD But he's very supporting of our friendship at least.
She's in Florida and I'm in the Netherlands and I hope she can come to visit me in a year or two.

It kinda hurts at times, especially when, for example, she tells me she can't come online the next day because her hubby is taking her out for dinner or something, because that means sitting behind my PC alone with no one to talk to... and then I mentally slap myself and remind myself I should be happy she has a loving husband.

I can call her my best friend at least, even though she's half a world away! ^_^
Oh boy.

I was part of an art site a couple of years ago, one of my not-so-very-often-used-and-abandoned-by-now galleries, but either way, back then I used to sometimes post fanart of various things.

And she used to post her fanfiction of the same fandom. I read her stuff and loved it, so I favorited them and was surprised to find a comment on my page the next day from her, all "Omg you, you faved my stuff, I love your art omg!".

That got us started chatting and fangirling and we added each other on skype, and I told her about the awesome world of RP, which is something she had never done before! And now she loves it lol, we RP every evening.

Either way! Turned out we had a lot of similarities when it came to interests and the like and yeah... you know. Feelings happened eventually. And they were mutual.
The problem was/is she's married and while her husband is totally fine with us together (probably because I'm a girl) and he already said he doesn't mind sharing the bed should I ever come for a visit (durrr) I don't feel comfortable with it and I told her that. I don't want to get in the way of a successful marriage, I'm not friends with the guy and I don't like sharing.

So right now we're just best of best friends and have been for many years, and her husband is alright I suppose, I've never really talked to him but yeah... I kinda wish he wasn't involved XD But he's very supporting of our friendship at least.
She's in Florida and I'm in the Netherlands and I hope she can come to visit me in a year or two.

It kinda hurts at times, especially when, for example, she tells me she can't come online the next day because her hubby is taking her out for dinner or something, because that means sitting behind my PC alone with no one to talk to... and then I mentally slap myself and remind myself I should be happy she has a loving husband.

I can call her my best friend at least, even though she's half a world away! ^_^
Hoarding:
Wildwood Owlet 9 hours ahead of FR Sakura Owlet
@Collapsix You already know my stories. First girlfriend in Florida made it just a little over two years before she broke up, met 3 times IRL. Then I've got my current one who's still long distance but is in another part of Canada at least which is closer than my last. Met her a couple of times, went to anime cons with her. Turns out she'd been crushing on me for the years I was with my ex, and then when I was single and I told her how I felt she had originally wanted to friendzone me before I proved myself to be a good choice in boyfriend. I dunno when we're gonna get to see each other again next, money is tight and no idea if I'll get a permanent job anytime soon. Both I met on DragonAdopters, both in the Eastern Dragon Hold Clan of old. Still, two years and going with my current, and this is gonna be our 3rd Christmas together, so I seem to be doing something right. Still, the crushing loneliness is ever so painful, and it's even harder to keep in touch with us both working now, and now her computer is on the fritz, so each passing day I feel my heart ache more and more.
@Collapsix You already know my stories. First girlfriend in Florida made it just a little over two years before she broke up, met 3 times IRL. Then I've got my current one who's still long distance but is in another part of Canada at least which is closer than my last. Met her a couple of times, went to anime cons with her. Turns out she'd been crushing on me for the years I was with my ex, and then when I was single and I told her how I felt she had originally wanted to friendzone me before I proved myself to be a good choice in boyfriend. I dunno when we're gonna get to see each other again next, money is tight and no idea if I'll get a permanent job anytime soon. Both I met on DragonAdopters, both in the Eastern Dragon Hold Clan of old. Still, two years and going with my current, and this is gonna be our 3rd Christmas together, so I seem to be doing something right. Still, the crushing loneliness is ever so painful, and it's even harder to keep in touch with us both working now, and now her computer is on the fritz, so each passing day I feel my heart ache more and more.
Already taken by a sweet girl

FurAffinity|DeviantArt|DragonAdopters Memorial Forum

Xbox LIVE: HotRodimusPrime
Steam/PSN: TRozok21
funny to see the LDR story's here, i am in my first met my SO last august and we are together for a year now he is in canada and i am in the netherlands.
met him through a site and got mailing liking each other alot sending a pic doing skype next ect it is though! and if for some reason this should end (god forbid) never again!
we hope to see each other again in the new year
good luck and a lot of strenght to all of you!
funny to see the LDR story's here, i am in my first met my SO last august and we are together for a year now he is in canada and i am in the netherlands.
met him through a site and got mailing liking each other alot sending a pic doing skype next ect it is though! and if for some reason this should end (god forbid) never again!
we hope to see each other again in the new year
good luck and a lot of strenght to all of you!
Dragonlady-Tundra1.png[img][/img]
@Nicolas I understand you! I'm a very physical person as well, except I accept it more from a person i love rather than friends or relatives, mainly cause yeah, looove
Sad because I'm more physical than he is nao and he wants space and I don't ;; much cling
parents never really get fine with it at first and it can take a lot of time to turn their minds. With enough persistance it would show that the relationship is final and you can't stop it sorta thing. Very sweet though c: I hope you two get together soon, at least for a small trip, even if it costs a lot i think you can save up for it with a part time job and not spending countless money on temptation haha.

@Kiazna you should really be an idol for us. 6 Years, was originally and LDR and lived in USA and Australia, that's amazing. ;; Glad you made it so far

EDIT: god dammit, i forgot that you can't put hearts in here without it cutting off the posts.
@TRozok21 I was gonna say a tip about interviews that you should always ask so many questions

and @Endee that's really sweet, it's better to be best friends sometimes as going further may ruin the feeling you once had when u were best friends I guess, but its still sweet, and husband's even sweeter for letting this c:
@Nicolas I understand you! I'm a very physical person as well, except I accept it more from a person i love rather than friends or relatives, mainly cause yeah, looove
Sad because I'm more physical than he is nao and he wants space and I don't ;; much cling
parents never really get fine with it at first and it can take a lot of time to turn their minds. With enough persistance it would show that the relationship is final and you can't stop it sorta thing. Very sweet though c: I hope you two get together soon, at least for a small trip, even if it costs a lot i think you can save up for it with a part time job and not spending countless money on temptation haha.

@Kiazna you should really be an idol for us. 6 Years, was originally and LDR and lived in USA and Australia, that's amazing. ;; Glad you made it so far

EDIT: god dammit, i forgot that you can't put hearts in here without it cutting off the posts.
@TRozok21 I was gonna say a tip about interviews that you should always ask so many questions

and @Endee that's really sweet, it's better to be best friends sometimes as going further may ruin the feeling you once had when u were best friends I guess, but its still sweet, and husband's even sweeter for letting this c:
a1IrWcm.png
@Collapsix
The fact that we're the same gender doesn't help at all l-lol
but I just wish her mother would see that her daughter isn't the little girl she still sees her as; she's 20, she can make her own decisions and do what she wants

I hope we can manage to get together too; I almost frickin' blew it not too long ago, she thought her mother had seen a text I sent her that was mushy and lovey cause I was telling her goodnight cause I was gonna crash for the night -- we both are v fearful of her actually seeing something like that because there is little to no doubt that they'll get in an argument about it (her mother would make her cut all ties w/ me and never talk to me again and that's something the both of us really, really don't want) and... yeah if communication gets cut I'd spend every living moment of my life worrying about her well-being and if she's okay and what's happening and I'd probably spiral myself into a full-blown panic attack hhhahaaha

the moment she's finally able to move in with me will be a horrendously mighty weight off my chest because then I won't have to worry about the long silences I get to texts or messages I send her in general that usually end with me fretting about her well-being but not wanting to repeatedly message her in fear that I'm being annoying or clingy :'D
@Collapsix
The fact that we're the same gender doesn't help at all l-lol
but I just wish her mother would see that her daughter isn't the little girl she still sees her as; she's 20, she can make her own decisions and do what she wants

I hope we can manage to get together too; I almost frickin' blew it not too long ago, she thought her mother had seen a text I sent her that was mushy and lovey cause I was telling her goodnight cause I was gonna crash for the night -- we both are v fearful of her actually seeing something like that because there is little to no doubt that they'll get in an argument about it (her mother would make her cut all ties w/ me and never talk to me again and that's something the both of us really, really don't want) and... yeah if communication gets cut I'd spend every living moment of my life worrying about her well-being and if she's okay and what's happening and I'd probably spiral myself into a full-blown panic attack hhhahaaha

the moment she's finally able to move in with me will be a horrendously mighty weight off my chest because then I won't have to worry about the long silences I get to texts or messages I send her in general that usually end with me fretting about her well-being but not wanting to repeatedly message her in fear that I'm being annoying or clingy :'D
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png