Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | anxiety remedies?
hey there friends ; ;
im feeling pretty anxious as of rn and i was wondering what do you guys do to deal with anxiety? ;o;
usually i touch soft things or mess around w/ my slimes or kinetic sand
hey there friends ; ;
im feeling pretty anxious as of rn and i was wondering what do you guys do to deal with anxiety? ;o;
usually i touch soft things or mess around w/ my slimes or kinetic sand
@artoriias look at nice photos or i can send you some calming youtube videos?
@artoriias look at nice photos or i can send you some calming youtube videos?
A pancake on the head!

Wait, that's for a headache...
A pancake on the head!

Wait, that's for a headache...
My writing project.
@artoriias
Dealing with anxiety daily gives me the advantage of handing out tips to others. :P
My psychologist gave me a little 'exercise' a few months ago. It involves tensing most of the muscles in your hands, arms, feet and legs, and then releasing. (It really helps me!)
You can also place your focus onto small details. For example: if I'm anxious in a doctor/dentist's office, I place my focus onto counting how many buttons there are on somebody's shirt, looking at the pattern on the carpet and/or counting in my head repetively.

Hope this helps! xx
@artoriias
Dealing with anxiety daily gives me the advantage of handing out tips to others. :P
My psychologist gave me a little 'exercise' a few months ago. It involves tensing most of the muscles in your hands, arms, feet and legs, and then releasing. (It really helps me!)
You can also place your focus onto small details. For example: if I'm anxious in a doctor/dentist's office, I place my focus onto counting how many buttons there are on somebody's shirt, looking at the pattern on the carpet and/or counting in my head repetively.

Hope this helps! xx
tumblr_inline_oorri4xYGa1u5ynwc_540.png
g585y1V.png
bYt72YT.png

Non-exalt lair. Striving to be an all-Mirror clan (with exceptions)!
Maddy, she/her | 19
AEST
i always cuddle up with my dogs and leopard gecko and doodle
i always cuddle up with my dogs and leopard gecko and doodle
I always sip on some cool water when I'm feeling anxious!

Also, lavender. I typically rub a drop of oil into the back of my hand and inhale whenever I need it, lol. Sounds weird, but it helps me out so much.

Feel better! <3
I always sip on some cool water when I'm feeling anxious!

Also, lavender. I typically rub a drop of oil into the back of my hand and inhale whenever I need it, lol. Sounds weird, but it helps me out so much.

Feel better! <3
Breathing exercises and meditation really help me when anxiety hits. A simple one is just a controlled breathing exercise my friend taught me; breathe in for five seconds, hold for five seconds, breathe out for five seconds, hold for five seconds.

If you have a cellphone, the app Smiling Mind is really good at helping guide you through some meditation and breathing exercises. I do one module a night before bed and it's great.
Breathing exercises and meditation really help me when anxiety hits. A simple one is just a controlled breathing exercise my friend taught me; breathe in for five seconds, hold for five seconds, breathe out for five seconds, hold for five seconds.

If you have a cellphone, the app Smiling Mind is really good at helping guide you through some meditation and breathing exercises. I do one module a night before bed and it's great.
ethanol_by_dislike_like-dbg3xow.png
When feeling particularly anxious, there are some breathing techniques that can help slow you down and chill you out a bit. The one that works for me is breathing in for 4 seconds and breathing out for 4 seconds, but there are various combinations of seconds that I've heard of that could work differently for you.
Drinking hot tea is also helpful, if you enjoy the taste, and having a small object such as a hacky sack or smooth stone to squeeze/fiddle with can give you something to concentrate on.
Hope this is at least somewhat helpful!
When feeling particularly anxious, there are some breathing techniques that can help slow you down and chill you out a bit. The one that works for me is breathing in for 4 seconds and breathing out for 4 seconds, but there are various combinations of seconds that I've heard of that could work differently for you.
Drinking hot tea is also helpful, if you enjoy the taste, and having a small object such as a hacky sack or smooth stone to squeeze/fiddle with can give you something to concentrate on.
Hope this is at least somewhat helpful!
item_scary_storybook_by_dogi_crimson-daezm96.gif
~FR Time +1~
~Friend Request & RP friendly~
Drinking tea with honey helps (no need for honey if you don't like it lol), watching funny or calming videos, listening to music, sketching, or playing with my pets :)

Hopefully you're feeling a lot better!
Drinking tea with honey helps (no need for honey if you don't like it lol), watching funny or calming videos, listening to music, sketching, or playing with my pets :)

Hopefully you're feeling a lot better!
zB19SBJ.png8fBnDGq.pngtumblr_inline_pk7sfnQusu1tp8wp9_1280.png