Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Riverdale Anyone?
I'm curious to know if anyone's been watching this!

It's a new show on the CW that re-imagines the old Archie comics characters in a teen drama / mystery setting. Think of Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, Vampire Diaries, and things like that.

Now normally I avoid that genre like the plague but I was interested after seeing that it was Archie. I loved Archie comics as a kid and read my dads old ones until they literally fell apart in my hands. The show is pretty different and not as lighthearted and fun. The current main mystery is the murder of Jason Blossom. Lots of other things are going on behind the scenes like Archie having an inappropriate relationship with his music teacher and the new rich girl Veronica in town.

Jughead, my favorite character, is played by Cole Sprouse which is just about the best thing to ever happen and I honestly think I watch it mostly for him.

The CW posts episodes for free the day after they air for people in US, episodes air on tv every Thursday night at 9/8c. There's only five episodes out now so catching up won't be difficult!

There's also a comic book tie in that I've yet to pick up but I'm excited to get back into Archie in a new way.
I'm curious to know if anyone's been watching this!

It's a new show on the CW that re-imagines the old Archie comics characters in a teen drama / mystery setting. Think of Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, Vampire Diaries, and things like that.

Now normally I avoid that genre like the plague but I was interested after seeing that it was Archie. I loved Archie comics as a kid and read my dads old ones until they literally fell apart in my hands. The show is pretty different and not as lighthearted and fun. The current main mystery is the murder of Jason Blossom. Lots of other things are going on behind the scenes like Archie having an inappropriate relationship with his music teacher and the new rich girl Veronica in town.

Jughead, my favorite character, is played by Cole Sprouse which is just about the best thing to ever happen and I honestly think I watch it mostly for him.

The CW posts episodes for free the day after they air for people in US, episodes air on tv every Thursday night at 9/8c. There's only five episodes out now so catching up won't be difficult!

There's also a comic book tie in that I've yet to pick up but I'm excited to get back into Archie in a new way.
3fd02646aa3f6db04d36eb0a1e9dd03f2a556031.png35245a3da26aa58014493e26dad7707b9eb43417.pngdd18029f6d9f47907dfd09694a95608b0e2e91f9.png
46d82f0c63d3b63c971b1bd6da653380c59c0d22.pnge0d4d34a1aeb0889910ad9f6a3bae8a652c9f3a6.pnge669256c8c8a9d2679c5f85b8ee6d9bdeff0a06f.png
@Bekuno
I watched the first episode and loved it! I haven't had time to watch the rest of it, but I'm excited to see where they take it, as I enjoyed the comics when younger as well!
@Bekuno
I watched the first episode and loved it! I haven't had time to watch the rest of it, but I'm excited to see where they take it, as I enjoyed the comics when younger as well!
R2XLWjZ.png