Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Where is your broadcast message from?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 32 33
a dumb tumblr post i cant remember
a dumb tumblr post i cant remember
tumblr_inline_p7i54y7WeW1rhwzwl_75sq.gif
gia / emil
they/them
+3 fr time
i log on once a year probably lol
Famous last words by MCR
Famous last words by MCR
TtwW5GH.png
Some wiki. I wanted a broadcast message that overflowed its box but I didn't want it to just be AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA so I googled TARDIS onomatopoeia and got this.
Some wiki. I wanted a broadcast message that overflowed its box but I didn't want it to just be AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA so I googled TARDIS onomatopoeia and got this.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
Latin, and my clan's overwhelming greed.
Latin, and my clan's overwhelming greed.
coH7AEL.png
|| Summer || she/her || +0 FR time || Ravenclaw || ESTP || Professional impulse buyer || shiny ||
There's a rockin good song called Spooky Scary Skeletons, and I love spirals, so I mashed the two and got my message.
There's a rockin good song called Spooky Scary Skeletons, and I love spirals, so I mashed the two and got my message.
mmoiFfg.png
It's what I want everyone to have.
It's what I want everyone to have.

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
Rock puns :D
Rock puns :D
ku5wTFW.png
Firefly
Firefly
A play on Dion's "The Wanderer"
A play on Dion's "The Wanderer"
Previously: LittleDoctor
GamzP1L.gif
A reminder of puzzlegate
Quote:
Don't worry it's completely safe for work and shows exactly how people will break the site and how the bug-fixes can be almost as bad as well as the fact is that the admins behavior has not changed at all since those early days.

OK first off, do you know how in puzzles the pieces don't exactly like to be stacked up against each other. They'll sort of push other pieces out of the way?

Well that wasn't always there. The pieces used to not move around at all.

This Storm begins in the grand old days of 2013, I think it was in somewhere in september-october but I don't want to dig through old forum threads to be sure of the exact dates involved.

Remember, these were dark days, very dark days. An Imperial was worth a king's ransom; they went for 1-3 million treasure for honestly, pretty terrible colors and gene combos. People had these absolutely ridiculous payment plans for them.

I bought one when prices hit 500,000. I later exalted them, because their colors din't work and they had some really funky lore that I didn't want to rework.

This wasn't just imperials, mind. I bought my forth dragon( had a one egg nest) for nearly 40,000 treasure and that was an un-gened Fae dragon, stuff like Snappers and Ridgebacks were pricey, few people had them because there were few effective means of making treasure on site.

Now we had the fairgrounds but we only had Puzzles and Runestone to keep us company. No one had high enough coli teams to grid really. Hence why there are decidedly few light sprites running around because gathering did not give too much(it got buffed later).

The site was decidedly unstable at this time and went down quite often. We quite literally loved it to death, more than a thousand people on at a time made it go, well, kaput.

Undel referred to it as the DDOS of love, it fits. I miss when the admins would joke around and be goofs, they don't do that anymore.

But anyway because the site went down often and with it the fairgrounds and coli, people started trying to come up with ways to make money in the small window we had available.

This is also what people are referring to when the gem ration was 80t:1g. It really did get that low because there wasn't enough treasure on site.

Hence all this led up to the Great Puzzle Cheating Scandal.

Now I wouldn't exactly call this cheating myself, it was exploiting game mechanics and things the admins had never planned for. No hacking was involved it was perfectly legal.

Now, puzzle pieces will click together if the edges match up. what people did was shove the pieces all in one pile and keep tossing pieces towards the center forming sections of completed puzzle. This completely defeated the concept of puzzles and once people found out about it, it spread like wildfire.

Everyone was cheating at puzzles to buy their ridiculous pricey dragons.

The gem rate promptly went up and stayed up, because, you know, treasure.

Now the admins realized exactly what was going on and started patching every duplication glitch(and bannings were involved) but puzzles eventually caught their eye because, it was pretty easy and was being done by the average person because it was easy.

Thrage implemented the jiggling. pieces would no longer stack in piles.

Not a bad idea, it just had poor implementation at the time.

The pieces would jiggle against each other so badly they would escape the confines of space and time and make the puzzles uncompletable because they jiggled themselves right out of the box.

Hence there was much understandable drama about that.

they then successfully irritated everyone on site when they declared the jiggling a non issue, I think a couple people recorded themselves playing a bunch of games just to prove it happened. There was also a bunch of us who filed "contact us" for every time a game was uncompleted due to lost pieces. Plus the couple 50+ page forum threads complaining about jiggling.

Eventually they fixed it and later drama involving shock switch happened

Hence my duty to spread the Story about the jiggling.
Thank you for asking, not that many people do.
(I think they are afraid of what they think they may find)
A reminder of puzzlegate
Quote:
Don't worry it's completely safe for work and shows exactly how people will break the site and how the bug-fixes can be almost as bad as well as the fact is that the admins behavior has not changed at all since those early days.

OK first off, do you know how in puzzles the pieces don't exactly like to be stacked up against each other. They'll sort of push other pieces out of the way?

Well that wasn't always there. The pieces used to not move around at all.

This Storm begins in the grand old days of 2013, I think it was in somewhere in september-october but I don't want to dig through old forum threads to be sure of the exact dates involved.

Remember, these were dark days, very dark days. An Imperial was worth a king's ransom; they went for 1-3 million treasure for honestly, pretty terrible colors and gene combos. People had these absolutely ridiculous payment plans for them.

I bought one when prices hit 500,000. I later exalted them, because their colors din't work and they had some really funky lore that I didn't want to rework.

This wasn't just imperials, mind. I bought my forth dragon( had a one egg nest) for nearly 40,000 treasure and that was an un-gened Fae dragon, stuff like Snappers and Ridgebacks were pricey, few people had them because there were few effective means of making treasure on site.

Now we had the fairgrounds but we only had Puzzles and Runestone to keep us company. No one had high enough coli teams to grid really. Hence why there are decidedly few light sprites running around because gathering did not give too much(it got buffed later).

The site was decidedly unstable at this time and went down quite often. We quite literally loved it to death, more than a thousand people on at a time made it go, well, kaput.

Undel referred to it as the DDOS of love, it fits. I miss when the admins would joke around and be goofs, they don't do that anymore.

But anyway because the site went down often and with it the fairgrounds and coli, people started trying to come up with ways to make money in the small window we had available.

This is also what people are referring to when the gem ration was 80t:1g. It really did get that low because there wasn't enough treasure on site.

Hence all this led up to the Great Puzzle Cheating Scandal.

Now I wouldn't exactly call this cheating myself, it was exploiting game mechanics and things the admins had never planned for. No hacking was involved it was perfectly legal.

Now, puzzle pieces will click together if the edges match up. what people did was shove the pieces all in one pile and keep tossing pieces towards the center forming sections of completed puzzle. This completely defeated the concept of puzzles and once people found out about it, it spread like wildfire.

Everyone was cheating at puzzles to buy their ridiculous pricey dragons.

The gem rate promptly went up and stayed up, because, you know, treasure.

Now the admins realized exactly what was going on and started patching every duplication glitch(and bannings were involved) but puzzles eventually caught their eye because, it was pretty easy and was being done by the average person because it was easy.

Thrage implemented the jiggling. pieces would no longer stack in piles.

Not a bad idea, it just had poor implementation at the time.

The pieces would jiggle against each other so badly they would escape the confines of space and time and make the puzzles uncompletable because they jiggled themselves right out of the box.

Hence there was much understandable drama about that.

they then successfully irritated everyone on site when they declared the jiggling a non issue, I think a couple people recorded themselves playing a bunch of games just to prove it happened. There was also a bunch of us who filed "contact us" for every time a game was uncompleted due to lost pieces. Plus the couple 50+ page forum threads complaining about jiggling.

Eventually they fixed it and later drama involving shock switch happened

Hence my duty to spread the Story about the jiggling.
Thank you for asking, not that many people do.
(I think they are afraid of what they think they may find)
PdgyR10.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 32 33