Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Book suggestions?
1 2
@PrismaticSkies

The Shiver series is incredibly good. It has fantasy and romance, and the romance is really, really well-written. It remains my second favorite romantic story (the first being Eleanor and Park).

It is not all romance though. There is plenty of fantasy action and beautifully written scenes and great characters and overall it is just amazing.

I would compare it to Twilight, except Edward is not there, just Jacob, and it is infinitely better in every possible way than Twilight.

Best of all you can read all four books for free here http://www.freevampires.net/werewolves/Wolves_of_Mercy_Falls-1/
@PrismaticSkies

The Shiver series is incredibly good. It has fantasy and romance, and the romance is really, really well-written. It remains my second favorite romantic story (the first being Eleanor and Park).

It is not all romance though. There is plenty of fantasy action and beautifully written scenes and great characters and overall it is just amazing.

I would compare it to Twilight, except Edward is not there, just Jacob, and it is infinitely better in every possible way than Twilight.

Best of all you can read all four books for free here http://www.freevampires.net/werewolves/Wolves_of_Mercy_Falls-1/
olly / 15
I'll look into all of your suggestions, thanks guys!
I'll look into all of your suggestions, thanks guys!
I liked reading some of the redwall series by Brian Jacques. It's sort of similar to ga'hoole but a little more on the darker side
I liked reading some of the redwall series by Brian Jacques. It's sort of similar to ga'hoole but a little more on the darker side
COT3Kxt.gif Etsy
@PrismaticSkies

The Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr is really great. So is Pendragon by DJ MacHale
@PrismaticSkies

The Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr is really great. So is Pendragon by DJ MacHale
@PrismaticSkies

*Swoops into this thread* I have one suggestion: Keeper of the Lost Cities. Ignore that it is for middschoolers. It may have it's very few goofy times, but I don't care. THEY ARE SO GOOD. Clean, too. :D The plot is just mkejfoasjdflkdsja;fkd look it up, they deserve more love. Written by Shannon Messenger. xD
@PrismaticSkies

*Swoops into this thread* I have one suggestion: Keeper of the Lost Cities. Ignore that it is for middschoolers. It may have it's very few goofy times, but I don't care. THEY ARE SO GOOD. Clean, too. :D The plot is just mkejfoasjdflkdsja;fkd look it up, they deserve more love. Written by Shannon Messenger. xD
x8z3xmt.pngFor God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
@PrismaticSkies
If you like fantasy, you could read Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi. The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Mass is amazing, too. A Court of Thorns and Roses by the same author is really good. I really like fantasy, so I don't really have suggestions for other genres. :P
@PrismaticSkies
If you like fantasy, you could read Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi. The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Mass is amazing, too. A Court of Thorns and Roses by the same author is really good. I really like fantasy, so I don't really have suggestions for other genres. :P
426P9oS.png ______
owl | they/xe | frt+3
attune your ears to the grinding gears!
links | art comms
pokéfarm q | csmoothie
______ TXDw5VO.png
@PrismaticSkies

If you like sci-fi, I can't recommend Animorphs enough. Everyone makes fun of the goofy covers but when they hear what the story is actually about they are surprised. They're a pretty low reading level and are short, but there are over 50 of them so they can keep you occupied for a while. Seriously the aliens in this are my favorite of any sci-fi world.

If you like fantasy go with the Inkheart series. A beautifully imagined world with a cast of unique characters. Really I highly recommend this series. It's a book.... about going into a book.

Also try the Artemis Fowl series. A very fun fantasy adventure and full of witty dialogue.

Incarceron is another book I would recommend. I honestly can't remember much about this one but I remember it was very enjoyable. It is a mix of fantasy and the dystopian future genres and has some unique world building to it.

House of the Scorpion is a good one too. Sort of bittersweet. It takes place in a future Mexico run by a drug lord and explores the nature and morals of cloning.

If you like dragons go with Eragon. It kind of hard to read at times, I'll be honest, it's a bit slow. But, dragons!

Also the Pendragon series. Each book takes place in a unique world, and it has some great characters.

And a classic, The Chronicles of Narnia. A great fantasy and the lore of the world is very interesting.

I gave more than just fantasy, just in case. I'm no good at explaining plots but I definitely recommend looking up these ones.
@PrismaticSkies

If you like sci-fi, I can't recommend Animorphs enough. Everyone makes fun of the goofy covers but when they hear what the story is actually about they are surprised. They're a pretty low reading level and are short, but there are over 50 of them so they can keep you occupied for a while. Seriously the aliens in this are my favorite of any sci-fi world.

If you like fantasy go with the Inkheart series. A beautifully imagined world with a cast of unique characters. Really I highly recommend this series. It's a book.... about going into a book.

Also try the Artemis Fowl series. A very fun fantasy adventure and full of witty dialogue.

Incarceron is another book I would recommend. I honestly can't remember much about this one but I remember it was very enjoyable. It is a mix of fantasy and the dystopian future genres and has some unique world building to it.

House of the Scorpion is a good one too. Sort of bittersweet. It takes place in a future Mexico run by a drug lord and explores the nature and morals of cloning.

If you like dragons go with Eragon. It kind of hard to read at times, I'll be honest, it's a bit slow. But, dragons!

Also the Pendragon series. Each book takes place in a unique world, and it has some great characters.

And a classic, The Chronicles of Narnia. A great fantasy and the lore of the world is very interesting.

I gave more than just fantasy, just in case. I'm no good at explaining plots but I definitely recommend looking up these ones.
azag_sig.png
@PrismaticSkies
Oops, sorry for taking a while to get back.

Fantasy with mythological creatures, my personal favourite! Sadly there are not many where said mythological creature is a main protagonist, something I'd love to see more of

The Inheritance cycle as some have suggested above sounds like something you'll really enjoy. The Stormlight archives is also pretty good (really big though, it's like mixing in gym holding it up)
I would extend my Temeraire recommendation to you as well.

The classics such as Lord of the rings generally head into high-fantasy but they're enjoyable.
@PrismaticSkies
Oops, sorry for taking a while to get back.

Fantasy with mythological creatures, my personal favourite! Sadly there are not many where said mythological creature is a main protagonist, something I'd love to see more of

The Inheritance cycle as some have suggested above sounds like something you'll really enjoy. The Stormlight archives is also pretty good (really big though, it's like mixing in gym holding it up)
I would extend my Temeraire recommendation to you as well.

The classics such as Lord of the rings generally head into high-fantasy but they're enjoyable.
@Prismatic Skies

Fire Bringer by David Clement-Davies
The main character is a deer. Read it a long time ago, but I liked it enough to still remember it.

Lord of Snow and Shadows by Sarah Ash.
It's a three book series. I like it. It has some mythological animals in it, a type of dragon thing. It's kind of difficult for me to explain.

Six of Crows by Sarah Bardugo.
It doesn't have any animals or mythological animals, but it has some decent fantasy in it. It's also a pretty good book.
@Prismatic Skies

Fire Bringer by David Clement-Davies
The main character is a deer. Read it a long time ago, but I liked it enough to still remember it.

Lord of Snow and Shadows by Sarah Ash.
It's a three book series. I like it. It has some mythological animals in it, a type of dragon thing. It's kind of difficult for me to explain.

Six of Crows by Sarah Bardugo.
It doesn't have any animals or mythological animals, but it has some decent fantasy in it. It's also a pretty good book.
Dua Set! Lord of Chaos! He whose voice is like thunder!
1 2