Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Mental Illnesses of FR
1 2
@LizardKing
Well, hypomania doesn't happen that often, but perhaps you've been misdiagnosed and you're actually depressive type? Or, it's possible you've had a hypomanic episode without realizing it. That happens to me A LOT.

Unfortunately, I'm still afraid of showing my symptoms, so I appear super NT, but sometimes I slip up >___< Either way, good for you! (Also great user LOL)
@LizardKing
Well, hypomania doesn't happen that often, but perhaps you've been misdiagnosed and you're actually depressive type? Or, it's possible you've had a hypomanic episode without realizing it. That happens to me A LOT.

Unfortunately, I'm still afraid of showing my symptoms, so I appear super NT, but sometimes I slip up >___< Either way, good for you! (Also great user LOL)
lighth3.png
@fancystars

I took Abilify for a bit and it was helping me sooo much, but then I had like seizures/spasms so not any longer. ;-;

@Rebloom

Ah that sounds pretty hard, I tried functioning without medicine but I just couldn't handle the attacks, not the same as episodes, obviously, but it was just to much for me. Kudos for you, you sound like a real trooper! c:

@lunaamonster

I don't have social anxiety, I have a more panic attack based anxiety (probably panic disorder, need to tell my psychiatrist) but I feel your pain about the anxiety! It can get so awkward sometimes, I'm constantly afraid people are judging me??
@fancystars

I took Abilify for a bit and it was helping me sooo much, but then I had like seizures/spasms so not any longer. ;-;

@Rebloom

Ah that sounds pretty hard, I tried functioning without medicine but I just couldn't handle the attacks, not the same as episodes, obviously, but it was just to much for me. Kudos for you, you sound like a real trooper! c:

@lunaamonster

I don't have social anxiety, I have a more panic attack based anxiety (probably panic disorder, need to tell my psychiatrist) but I feel your pain about the anxiety! It can get so awkward sometimes, I'm constantly afraid people are judging me??
Hahhhh well I can pretty much guarantee I have generalized anxiety, social anxiety, and depression. I'm also pretty convinced I suffer from BPD, and possibly DPD too? More so BPD though. I really need a profession diagnosis, but I can't afford it on my own and my mom thinks I'm just lazy/stupid/faking and ignores both mine and my fathers suicidal issues.
Hahhhh well I can pretty much guarantee I have generalized anxiety, social anxiety, and depression. I'm also pretty convinced I suffer from BPD, and possibly DPD too? More so BPD though. I really need a profession diagnosis, but I can't afford it on my own and my mom thinks I'm just lazy/stupid/faking and ignores both mine and my fathers suicidal issues.
3fd02646aa3f6db04d36eb0a1e9dd03f2a556031.png35245a3da26aa58014493e26dad7707b9eb43417.pngdd18029f6d9f47907dfd09694a95608b0e2e91f9.png
46d82f0c63d3b63c971b1bd6da653380c59c0d22.pnge0d4d34a1aeb0889910ad9f6a3bae8a652c9f3a6.pnge669256c8c8a9d2679c5f85b8ee6d9bdeff0a06f.png
hello. o/

I've been through a variety of therapists that have all agreed that my initial diagnosis of bipolar II / dysthymia was but a subset of having borderline personality disorder. I used to take medication for it, but found that nothing really worked. Everything either made me extremely sedated or manic beyond belief - to the point of continuously battling insomnia.

Alas! I do indulge in self-help kind of exercises and always force myself to keep busy with work, yoga/exercise, or the arts/writing. There's not so much of the negative feelings anymore, though I get terribly depressed and detached from close friendships when I'm bored. I guess that just comes with the territory.

not-so funny story: when I first started seeking help from a psychologist, my stepmother found my medication and just assumed that there was always something wrong with me, but "[she] didn't think that [ I ] was that bad." AWKWARD.
hello. o/

I've been through a variety of therapists that have all agreed that my initial diagnosis of bipolar II / dysthymia was but a subset of having borderline personality disorder. I used to take medication for it, but found that nothing really worked. Everything either made me extremely sedated or manic beyond belief - to the point of continuously battling insomnia.

Alas! I do indulge in self-help kind of exercises and always force myself to keep busy with work, yoga/exercise, or the arts/writing. There's not so much of the negative feelings anymore, though I get terribly depressed and detached from close friendships when I'm bored. I guess that just comes with the territory.

not-so funny story: when I first started seeking help from a psychologist, my stepmother found my medication and just assumed that there was always something wrong with me, but "[she] didn't think that [ I ] was that bad." AWKWARD.
1 2