Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Please Help Me Pricing My Art!
[b]Hi everyone![/b] I want to open a little art shop here but I have no idea how much my art worth :D So here is example of a sketch,color and shading~[img]https://s29.postimg.org/zdzp6g4fb/pricing1ewqqeweqw.png[/img] +I draw pictures like this: [img]https://s28.postimg.org/fkl5wswst/34432234234.png[/img] [s](cave art xD)[/s] [b]Thank you so much for reading! I hope you guys can help me out ;>[/b]
Hi everyone!

I want to open a little art shop here but I have no idea how much my art worth :D
So here is example of a sketch,color and shading~pricing1ewqqeweqw.png
+I draw pictures like this:
34432234234.png
(cave art xD)

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you guys can help me out ;>
2d7a1b0725b3735615c49b26e82bbb64-daunwe9.png[img][/img]
@Kronzi

The sketch could be worth about 25 to 30kt depending on how difficult the dragon is and maybe 40kt for colored and maybe another 2kt for the outlining.

Since the cave art is much simpler and quicker to do maybe about 10kt? And maybe another 2kt for each dragon in it? So a cave art with 2 dragons would be 12kt while another with 5 could be worth 20kt?
@Kronzi

The sketch could be worth about 25 to 30kt depending on how difficult the dragon is and maybe 40kt for colored and maybe another 2kt for the outlining.

Since the cave art is much simpler and quicker to do maybe about 10kt? And maybe another 2kt for each dragon in it? So a cave art with 2 dragons would be 12kt while another with 5 could be worth 20kt?

+3 FR
Fool's Gold Hoarder
Yellow Canary Hoarder
"i assure you brother,
the sun will shine on us again."
- loki odinson
T9M8A5R.png
@TemperDragoness Thank you very much! ^^
@TemperDragoness Thank you very much! ^^
@Kronzi

You're welcome! I know it's hard to come up with prices for your own work since you don't see it as anything special.

Another thing you could do is that if you buy two colored sketches or such you could give it a discount.
@Kronzi

You're welcome! I know it's hard to come up with prices for your own work since you don't see it as anything special.

Another thing you could do is that if you buy two colored sketches or such you could give it a discount.

+3 FR
Fool's Gold Hoarder
Yellow Canary Hoarder
"i assure you brother,
- loki odinson
T9M8A5R.png
@TemperDragoness yeah! that will be perfect! And again thanks for your advice and help :3
@TemperDragoness yeah! that will be perfect! And again thanks for your advice and help :3
@Kronzi

No problem! Plus, I'm REALLY REALLY tempted to get some cave art from you. (which I probably will do)
@Kronzi

No problem! Plus, I'm REALLY REALLY tempted to get some cave art from you. (which I probably will do)

+3 FR
Fool's Gold Hoarder
Yellow Canary Hoarder
"i assure you brother,
- loki odinson
T9M8A5R.png
@Kronzi

You're too kind! XD I plan to get cave art for, I think?, seven dragons. The dragons are part of my lore, which I still have yet to complete because I'm lazy and such, and are Ethereal Warriors.
@Kronzi

You're too kind! XD I plan to get cave art for, I think?, seven dragons. The dragons are part of my lore, which I still have yet to complete because I'm lazy and such, and are Ethereal Warriors.

+3 FR
Fool's Gold Hoarder
Yellow Canary Hoarder
"i assure you brother,
- loki odinson
T9M8A5R.png
@Kronzi

Your artstyle is extremely desirable (to me anyways :D I think to others feel the same way as well too, judging by your 'free art' thread that I ended up finding, which led me here!), you could probably charge a good amount of money and still get interest/buyers. Whatever you end up charging, if you're seeing a lot of interest (potentially overwhelmingly so) you could safely say you need to bump your prices up. Or, if you notice a lull/shortage in buyers, you could lower your prices until you attract people in. Nothing wrong with just going for a price range and playing with the market!

For sketches (if they were bust/fullbody, headshot I could see being less, esp if it's a small arts like in your example here) I'd say at least 50-75k+
Color and shading prices would be up to you - whatever you charge for the sketches use that number as a base and add money to it as you put more time and detail into the piece. If color/shading for you is way easy to slap on there then it'd be less of a price increase than if it takes lots of time and patience from you.

The Cave-drawings I have no idea how to price, but dang are they cool. I suggest for this one, like before, do whatever you feel your time is worth as a base and adjust the price based on buyer's interest.
(although I would suggest making them worth more than 10k tbh, as TemperDragoness suggested before me - I think they're worth more than that just because they're novel and different and cool, even if they're more simple by design)

That's just my suggestion/what I think tho, I'm no expert in the art world. If you do end up setting up a shop I'd love a ping for it btw (esp about the cave drawings, I need 10million).
@Kronzi

Your artstyle is extremely desirable (to me anyways :D I think to others feel the same way as well too, judging by your 'free art' thread that I ended up finding, which led me here!), you could probably charge a good amount of money and still get interest/buyers. Whatever you end up charging, if you're seeing a lot of interest (potentially overwhelmingly so) you could safely say you need to bump your prices up. Or, if you notice a lull/shortage in buyers, you could lower your prices until you attract people in. Nothing wrong with just going for a price range and playing with the market!

For sketches (if they were bust/fullbody, headshot I could see being less, esp if it's a small arts like in your example here) I'd say at least 50-75k+
Color and shading prices would be up to you - whatever you charge for the sketches use that number as a base and add money to it as you put more time and detail into the piece. If color/shading for you is way easy to slap on there then it'd be less of a price increase than if it takes lots of time and patience from you.

The Cave-drawings I have no idea how to price, but dang are they cool. I suggest for this one, like before, do whatever you feel your time is worth as a base and adjust the price based on buyer's interest.
(although I would suggest making them worth more than 10k tbh, as TemperDragoness suggested before me - I think they're worth more than that just because they're novel and different and cool, even if they're more simple by design)

That's just my suggestion/what I think tho, I'm no expert in the art world. If you do end up setting up a shop I'd love a ping for it btw (esp about the cave drawings, I need 10million).
Henlo :D
@Condemned Thank you so much! That's a very generous pricing! Of course i will ping you! :333
@Condemned Thank you so much! That's a very generous pricing! Of course i will ping you! :333