Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gen One Idea!
We all have seen the gen ones around l, and if you have ever seen sound of music you know that nothing comes from nothing, nothing ever could. So where did these little dragons come from, and who are their parents? I have a theory that the dragons are the offspring of the elemental gods that they share the element with, and the nocturne gen ones are the offspring of the night and the element they are. The would still fit with them not actually having parents, because technically the elemental gods and the night aren't dragons. I don't know, I just thought it was a neat idea. What do you guys think?
We all have seen the gen ones around l, and if you have ever seen sound of music you know that nothing comes from nothing, nothing ever could. So where did these little dragons come from, and who are their parents? I have a theory that the dragons are the offspring of the elemental gods that they share the element with, and the nocturne gen ones are the offspring of the night and the element they are. The would still fit with them not actually having parents, because technically the elemental gods and the night aren't dragons. I don't know, I just thought it was a neat idea. What do you guys think?
cuNHUbU.png1rAc41Y.gifsmall_Zephyrus.png
@Vixandre I like that idea it sounds pretty cool!
@Vixandre I like that idea it sounds pretty cool!
In my lore G1s have parents, but the dragon themselves doesn't know who their biological relatives are.
In my lore G1s have parents, but the dragon themselves doesn't know who their biological relatives are.
I think the eggs were abandoned for some reason, the parents couldn't come back to incubate.
I think the eggs were abandoned for some reason, the parents couldn't come back to incubate.
Vniov4Q_d.jpg zdfOwv8.png2YFg8Im.png
Maybe they are like birds who lay their eggs in other nests for other dragons to take care of. Those dragons notice the odd egg and get rid of it. By then, the nocturnes element is already established in the hatchling but the eggs are found by other dragons willing to take them in and nest/hatch them.
Maybe they are like birds who lay their eggs in other nests for other dragons to take care of. Those dragons notice the odd egg and get rid of it. By then, the nocturnes element is already established in the hatchling but the eggs are found by other dragons willing to take them in and nest/hatch them.
0qjbKvG.png (c) Osayio
@VioletWind
I've got four answers that I use to diversify the lore:
They're eggs stolen by beastclans or abandoned by their parents for some reason. They're the first 4 breeds because due to their short breeding cycles the first four breeds aren't as paranoid about guarding their eggs so they're more liable to get stolen or left behind.

That or the first four breeds need less magic to develop so any egg that's on it's own will default to the lowest level as a defence, same with genes to stay stable and not...rot. This goes with all theories of mine.

They're the children of exalted dragons that they place where some other dragon will find since they're not supposed to breed. Possibly basic and the first four breeds due to the restriction being an actual magical thing that affects the egg, they shouldn't be able to breed at all but the magic isn't perfect.

They're eggs sent out by the gods to complete some task or other, in fact there's a whole legend/folk aspect about first generations, they're basically the demi-gods of Snrneith.

Canon 1st Gen Nocs do have parents...the parents just anonomously gift them to others during NOTN for some unknown reason, some are probably other unhatched eggs that mutated to Nocs after being placed in the Noc egg casing to hide what element it is, I'm fairly sure one of the Words on the Wind confirmed this.
@VioletWind
I've got four answers that I use to diversify the lore:
They're eggs stolen by beastclans or abandoned by their parents for some reason. They're the first 4 breeds because due to their short breeding cycles the first four breeds aren't as paranoid about guarding their eggs so they're more liable to get stolen or left behind.

That or the first four breeds need less magic to develop so any egg that's on it's own will default to the lowest level as a defence, same with genes to stay stable and not...rot. This goes with all theories of mine.

They're the children of exalted dragons that they place where some other dragon will find since they're not supposed to breed. Possibly basic and the first four breeds due to the restriction being an actual magical thing that affects the egg, they shouldn't be able to breed at all but the magic isn't perfect.

They're eggs sent out by the gods to complete some task or other, in fact there's a whole legend/folk aspect about first generations, they're basically the demi-gods of Snrneith.

Canon 1st Gen Nocs do have parents...the parents just anonomously gift them to others during NOTN for some unknown reason, some are probably other unhatched eggs that mutated to Nocs after being placed in the Noc egg casing to hide what element it is, I'm fairly sure one of the Words on the Wind confirmed this.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
@Metroid That was my first thought when I got my first Gen1 egg. @Dravrei but that doesn't explain why theirs only four basic breeds and why they only have basic genes. @IronPen those ideas are pretty cool. They create lots of ways to twist the lore and a lot of them make sense. @Ogham it seems odd that the dragons would leave them in best since the parents of the nests are watching over the nests, however maybe the egg was left near your best and when you were scavenging you find because it was left near you.
@Metroid That was my first thought when I got my first Gen1 egg. @Dravrei but that doesn't explain why theirs only four basic breeds and why they only have basic genes. @IronPen those ideas are pretty cool. They create lots of ways to twist the lore and a lot of them make sense. @Ogham it seems odd that the dragons would leave them in best since the parents of the nests are watching over the nests, however maybe the egg was left near your best and when you were scavenging you find because it was left near you.
they are generic dragons just like all the others, but their eggs were abandoned for some reason and they're bred by a large amount of triple basic plentiful breeds
they are generic dragons just like all the others, but their eggs were abandoned for some reason and they're bred by a large amount of triple basic plentiful breeds
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
I liked to think that gen ones were created by the deities themselves, and that that’s where all dragons came from! After all, all dragons on the site can be traced back to gen ones, and it kind of explains why they're triple basic, though the fact that they're only plentiful breeds doesn't quite match.

I suppose part of the beauty of gen ones is that you could say the dragon was made directly by a deity, or abandoned, or something creative!
I liked to think that gen ones were created by the deities themselves, and that that’s where all dragons came from! After all, all dragons on the site can be traced back to gen ones, and it kind of explains why they're triple basic, though the fact that they're only plentiful breeds doesn't quite match.

I suppose part of the beauty of gen ones is that you could say the dragon was made directly by a deity, or abandoned, or something creative!
Accent_Banner.pngHatchery_Banner.png
35674625.png36307371.png
My headcanon is that gen1s, including progens, are the offspring of exalted dragons. Imagine the deities preparing for Welcome Week, asking their fae, mirror, tundra, and guardian servants to breed, and preparing breed change scrolls and scatterscrolls in case the custom progens call for a dragon who doesn't exist among the newborns.
My headcanon is that gen1s, including progens, are the offspring of exalted dragons. Imagine the deities preparing for Welcome Week, asking their fae, mirror, tundra, and guardian servants to breed, and preparing breed change scrolls and scatterscrolls in case the custom progens call for a dragon who doesn't exist among the newborns.
she/her | GMT-5 | Check out my dragons for sale!

tumblr_inline_o13ntkHqks1ts73zp_540.png xZjCTKj.png