Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why should I get more than 20 dragons?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I have a bunch of dragons because I like them to have big families. I need to get rid of 3 or 4 to hatch some eggs though, not sure which ones I'll boot out.
I have a bunch of dragons because I like them to have big families. I need to get rid of 3 or 4 to hatch some eggs though, not sure which ones I'll boot out.
Vniov4Q_d.jpg zdfOwv8.png2YFg8Im.png
Really I think it's a matter of personal preference. I have 23 perma-dragons at the moment, but I'm planning on finding some more. For me, it means I have more characters to write about, and the bigger the group of dragons the more things you can have going on.
Really I think it's a matter of personal preference. I have 23 perma-dragons at the moment, but I'm planning on finding some more. For me, it means I have more characters to write about, and the bigger the group of dragons the more things you can have going on.
G8AyR6r.png
8O67LBq.png
PlxuTTv.gif
eMPFsUR.png
tbmy8B0.png
29185697_k6b8DdlwABGV6Yz.png
I like having a small lair (23 currently. Two are quite new.) But a lot of people like having more characters to play with (in terms of lore and such). Also more dragons to dress up. *shrug*

I like having a small amount because it's easier for me to get art, accents, and lore written for everyone. I don't really breed though.. I only have two pairs that do, and only 3 girls. XD Some people have bigger wallets than me though, and can do that for their entire maxed out lair.
I like having a small lair (23 currently. Two are quite new.) But a lot of people like having more characters to play with (in terms of lore and such). Also more dragons to dress up. *shrug*

I like having a small amount because it's easier for me to get art, accents, and lore written for everyone. I don't really breed though.. I only have two pairs that do, and only 3 girls. XD Some people have bigger wallets than me though, and can do that for their entire maxed out lair.
iXNOttm.gif
I love breeding my dragons and getting new ones, so I have a huge lair. I don't have any trouble feeding them though, I have well over 100 pages of food in my hoard.
I love breeding my dragons and getting new ones, so I have a huge lair. I don't have any trouble feeding them though, I have well over 100 pages of food in my hoard.
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
63776550.png94672840.png87809713.png.png
I keep a huge lair, normally filled with tons of dragons for dom purposes. At any given time there's a good chance that the vast majority of my dragons are not permanent or being cared for on behalf of somebody else. Only the first page or two are keepers for me, and I have less than a page if we're only counting who I have involved in my lore.

While my clan is pretty small, a huge lair has always been a goal of mine because I'm a bit of a completionist and it makes me an asset to my flight's dominance efforts. Whether I'm training my own dragons to serve plaguemother or holding onto the beloved permadragons of my flight mates while they work, all that space is put to good use when we're trying to win. A dom battle means lots and lots of dragons moving around for the duration and I like using my lair space as a means of helping out even when I can't be here all week helping the effort in person.

Semi related, I've also found it's much faster to bond lots of familars during periods where I'm holding a lot of dragons. You can roll through them pretty fast as opposed to having to switch them out over and over. The downsides are what people have mentioned--I had a hiatus recently and wasn't smart in preparing for it. I came back to lots of hungry non-perma dragons. I usually keep a fair amount of treasure on hand for that sort of thing but I hadn't this time, so I had to scrounge for enough food to at least get my warriors fed. Once I was back in the coli, getting enough food for everyone was pretty smooth. Having a big lair can be manageable as long as you're aware of what resources you're capable of bringing in.

So I guess here's a vote for huge lair small clan, yeah? My permababies love the leg room ^^
I keep a huge lair, normally filled with tons of dragons for dom purposes. At any given time there's a good chance that the vast majority of my dragons are not permanent or being cared for on behalf of somebody else. Only the first page or two are keepers for me, and I have less than a page if we're only counting who I have involved in my lore.

While my clan is pretty small, a huge lair has always been a goal of mine because I'm a bit of a completionist and it makes me an asset to my flight's dominance efforts. Whether I'm training my own dragons to serve plaguemother or holding onto the beloved permadragons of my flight mates while they work, all that space is put to good use when we're trying to win. A dom battle means lots and lots of dragons moving around for the duration and I like using my lair space as a means of helping out even when I can't be here all week helping the effort in person.

Semi related, I've also found it's much faster to bond lots of familars during periods where I'm holding a lot of dragons. You can roll through them pretty fast as opposed to having to switch them out over and over. The downsides are what people have mentioned--I had a hiatus recently and wasn't smart in preparing for it. I came back to lots of hungry non-perma dragons. I usually keep a fair amount of treasure on hand for that sort of thing but I hadn't this time, so I had to scrounge for enough food to at least get my warriors fed. Once I was back in the coli, getting enough food for everyone was pretty smooth. Having a big lair can be manageable as long as you're aware of what resources you're capable of bringing in.

So I guess here's a vote for huge lair small clan, yeah? My permababies love the leg room ^^
tumblr_inline_nq0r70U4Ck1syr94a_500.png
I only keep so many because I'm sentimental; you should only keep the ones you want. :)

If you are struggling with food, I suggest using Baldwin to make soylents from goos or to use the coli. Twenty dragons are so few that coli will easily feed them. I don't need to buy food; in fact all my gather foods go to my vault in case they become Swipp or Baldwin trades at some point.
I only keep so many because I'm sentimental; you should only keep the ones you want. :)

If you are struggling with food, I suggest using Baldwin to make soylents from goos or to use the coli. Twenty dragons are so few that coli will easily feed them. I don't need to buy food; in fact all my gather foods go to my vault in case they become Swipp or Baldwin trades at some point.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
There is no benefit to having lots of dragons, I guess. I just like having lots of cool-looking dragons. I joined here to have as many cool dragons as possible and I'm gonna continue cramming 'em into my lair TBH.
There is no benefit to having lots of dragons, I guess. I just like having lots of cool-looking dragons. I joined here to have as many cool dragons as possible and I'm gonna continue cramming 'em into my lair TBH.
FooterAds.gif
I play the game not so much for Coliseum runs and meta-gaming but for the creative aspect of it; I get bored if I have too few dragons. I also know a lot of people have different clans within their lair, which is why a lot of players are pushing so hard for tabbed lairs.
I play the game not so much for Coliseum runs and meta-gaming but for the creative aspect of it; I get bored if I have too few dragons. I also know a lot of people have different clans within their lair, which is why a lot of players are pushing so hard for tabbed lairs.
@MajorMythical

If 20 dragons suits you, then go for it! It all depends on how much time you have to devote to this game which will impact how many dragons you can feed. I used to think I'd never need a large liar. I only had 16 or so permanent members. Now the first 3 pages of dragons are all permas! As your gathering levels increase and you build a good Coli team, you may find yourself needing those expansions in the future ;)
@MajorMythical

If 20 dragons suits you, then go for it! It all depends on how much time you have to devote to this game which will impact how many dragons you can feed. I used to think I'd never need a large liar. I only had 16 or so permanent members. Now the first 3 pages of dragons are all permas! As your gathering levels increase and you build a good Coli team, you may find yourself needing those expansions in the future ;)
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
I too wanted a small lair. Just a few of my favorites. So I can dress them all up pretty special and everything, but then I got SO MANY and they became part of my lair forever and then I bought a few other pretties, and more and more so basically my first page of my lair and a few others are my keeper dragons and the rest are my maybe exalt, maybe sell, maybe keep!
I too wanted a small lair. Just a few of my favorites. So I can dress them all up pretty special and everything, but then I got SO MANY and they became part of my lair forever and then I bought a few other pretties, and more and more so basically my first page of my lair and a few others are my keeper dragons and the rest are my maybe exalt, maybe sell, maybe keep!
ZzHMFvW.pngxtBt3oa.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvNuEX1r2ao8y_540.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8