Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 w/ acidicJournalist
@acidicJournalist [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28525432] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/285255/28525432_350.png[/img] [/url] It was a cloudy day for the shores of the Shifting Expanse. The weather had been threatening to storm all week, and the skies seemed especially bleak today. Psyche huffed impatiently as she circled the skies above, anxious for her shift to be over. Sentry duty was no treat, especially with risk of lightning. '[i]Maybe it'd be best to finish my shift from the safety of the cliffs.[/i]' Settling on a ledge overlooking the beach paths, she glanced back towards home. The sea breeze pulled at her hood, carrying the faint sound of voices from the Citadel. The dragoness sighed. '[i]Just a few more minutes till my shifts over. Then I can finally- Wait. Who are [b]they[/b]?[/i]' The figure of a dragon had appeared over the ridge, and was approaching the Citadel at a casual pace. The Nocturne stiffened, before shaking out her wings and launching into flight. Greetings were part of protocol, and Sona would have her hide if she didn't check this out. Psyche landed a few yards before the approaching dragon, before folding her wings and padding a few feet closer. "Welcome traveler. What business brings you to the Brinewater Basin?" (([i]ooc: Sorry this took so long! I'm kind of rusty.[/i]))
@acidicJournalist

28525432_350.png

It was a cloudy day for the shores of the Shifting Expanse. The weather had been threatening to storm all week, and the skies seemed especially bleak today.

Psyche huffed impatiently as she circled the skies above, anxious for her shift to be over. Sentry duty was no treat, especially with risk of lightning.

'Maybe it'd be best to finish my shift from the safety of the cliffs.'

Settling on a ledge overlooking the beach paths, she glanced back towards home. The sea breeze pulled at her hood, carrying the faint sound of voices from the Citadel. The dragoness sighed.

'Just a few more minutes till my shifts over. Then I can finally- Wait. Who are they?'

The figure of a dragon had appeared over the ridge, and was approaching the Citadel at a casual pace. The Nocturne stiffened, before shaking out her wings and launching into flight. Greetings were part of protocol, and Sona would have her hide if she didn't check this out.

Psyche landed a few yards before the approaching dragon, before folding her wings and padding a few feet closer.

"Welcome traveler. What business brings you to the Brinewater Basin?"

((ooc: Sorry this took so long! I'm kind of rusty.))
tumblr_inline_pi905v48pa1rhxln1_100.png - She/Her
- FR Time
- 20 y/o
- Wishlist
1EVlM.gif FsbHk.gif
@pseudonumbra

(I can't figure out how to put an image in, im so sorry! :^()

A quite bulky Skydancer snapped her head up from the spot she was digging from. A piece of smoky quartz was in her right claw, her muttering a small curse, then giving a small smile to the Nocturne; her mask covered up most of it, though.

With a bit of a snarky, yet cautious tone, she spoke:

"Ah, hello there.."

She tried to hide her newfound treasure, thinking that the dragon might snatch it, or worse fight her for it.

//ooc: It's quite alright! :^)
@pseudonumbra

(I can't figure out how to put an image in, im so sorry! :^()

A quite bulky Skydancer snapped her head up from the spot she was digging from. A piece of smoky quartz was in her right claw, her muttering a small curse, then giving a small smile to the Nocturne; her mask covered up most of it, though.

With a bit of a snarky, yet cautious tone, she spoke:

"Ah, hello there.."

She tried to hide her newfound treasure, thinking that the dragon might snatch it, or worse fight her for it.

//ooc: It's quite alright! :^)
@acidicJournalist

The Nocturne was far too tired for this. It had been a long day and her wings were aching from the constant flying.

"Ma'am, I am just trying to do my job, so I will ask you again. What business brings you to the Brinewater Basin?"

The movements of the Skydancer caught her eye, and Psyche's eyes were drawn to the dragoness's clenched claws, where something gleamed in the gentle light.

"That is where you're headed right?" Something about the grey Skydancer was starting to unnerve the Nocturne. Psyche could feel the powerful magical aura of the newcomer, and was starting too doubt her ability to subdue them if things got out of hand.

Maintaining a respectful distance, the Nocturne tensed, waiting for the traveler to speak, and ready to flee for the Citadel if things turned south.

((ooc: You're using your icon dragon right? Images aren't loading on my phone too well rn. ))
@acidicJournalist

The Nocturne was far too tired for this. It had been a long day and her wings were aching from the constant flying.

"Ma'am, I am just trying to do my job, so I will ask you again. What business brings you to the Brinewater Basin?"

The movements of the Skydancer caught her eye, and Psyche's eyes were drawn to the dragoness's clenched claws, where something gleamed in the gentle light.

"That is where you're headed right?" Something about the grey Skydancer was starting to unnerve the Nocturne. Psyche could feel the powerful magical aura of the newcomer, and was starting too doubt her ability to subdue them if things got out of hand.

Maintaining a respectful distance, the Nocturne tensed, waiting for the traveler to speak, and ready to flee for the Citadel if things turned south.

((ooc: You're using your icon dragon right? Images aren't loading on my phone too well rn. ))
- FR Time
- 20 y/o
- Wishlist
1EVlM.gif FsbHk.gif
@pseudonumbra

The masked stranger smirked, watching her tense. Realizing that the dragon was no threat to her, she fiddled with the dark quartz in her hand, not even trying to conceal her new tool for magic.

"What does it matter? Alas, I am just a wanderer, I have no destination in mind.."

Though, it seemed as if she was lying, despite her snarky and confident attitude. She slowly slipped it into the satchel around her wing.

"Though, I did hear that there are some nice Quartz deposits in this area.."

//ooc: Yeah! Thanks for understanding!!
@pseudonumbra

The masked stranger smirked, watching her tense. Realizing that the dragon was no threat to her, she fiddled with the dark quartz in her hand, not even trying to conceal her new tool for magic.

"What does it matter? Alas, I am just a wanderer, I have no destination in mind.."

Though, it seemed as if she was lying, despite her snarky and confident attitude. She slowly slipped it into the satchel around her wing.

"Though, I did hear that there are some nice Quartz deposits in this area.."

//ooc: Yeah! Thanks for understanding!!
@acidicJournalist

Psyche carefully weighed her options. Sona would not be pleased to find out she was shirking her duties if this stranger turned out to be harmless.

But something just didn't sit well with her. The amused tone of the Skydancer, combined with the way she had shown off the crystal before slipping it into her bag, sent up some major red flags.

The best course of action would be to stall the traveler. All she had to do was wait for her shift to end, and a fellow guard would arrive. If the worst came to pass, she could probably worsen the weather into a storm to make this mysterious mage's job harder.

It would also make a great opportunity to find out what this Skydancer was really up to.

"You came all the way out here to dig around for quartz? Which territory are you from?"
@acidicJournalist

Psyche carefully weighed her options. Sona would not be pleased to find out she was shirking her duties if this stranger turned out to be harmless.

But something just didn't sit well with her. The amused tone of the Skydancer, combined with the way she had shown off the crystal before slipping it into her bag, sent up some major red flags.

The best course of action would be to stall the traveler. All she had to do was wait for her shift to end, and a fellow guard would arrive. If the worst came to pass, she could probably worsen the weather into a storm to make this mysterious mage's job harder.

It would also make a great opportunity to find out what this Skydancer was really up to.

"You came all the way out here to dig around for quartz? Which territory are you from?"
- FR Time
- 20 y/o
- Wishlist
1EVlM.gif FsbHk.gif
@pseudonumbra

The Skydancer's eyes narrowed under her mask. This Nocturne was planning something; this made her a bit uneasy. She glanced around quickly, then looked back at the dragon before her. She grumbled softly.

She needed to escape with the things she found, and quick. As of instinct, she shifted her bag to the side. She started to devise a plan to grab and go.

"If you reaaally wanted to know.." She snickered, "Crystalspine. Though I would really enjoy to just do my business, and I'll make my way very quietly."

@pseudonumbra

The Skydancer's eyes narrowed under her mask. This Nocturne was planning something; this made her a bit uneasy. She glanced around quickly, then looked back at the dragon before her. She grumbled softly.

She needed to escape with the things she found, and quick. As of instinct, she shifted her bag to the side. She started to devise a plan to grab and go.

"If you reaaally wanted to know.." She snickered, "Crystalspine. Though I would really enjoy to just do my business, and I'll make my way very quietly."

@acidicJournalist

"Fair enough." Psyche nodded, not breaking eye contact. Yep. Definitely suspicious. At the very least, the Skydancer didn't seem all that interested in the Citadel, which was a major relief.

Still, it didn't seem wise to just leave the dragoness to their own devices.

"Are you sure you want to be out here? The weather looks to be changing real soon."

She wasn't just saying that either. Being a Lightning dragon, she could feel the clouds forming droplets of rain along with the building charges of lightning.
@acidicJournalist

"Fair enough." Psyche nodded, not breaking eye contact. Yep. Definitely suspicious. At the very least, the Skydancer didn't seem all that interested in the Citadel, which was a major relief.

Still, it didn't seem wise to just leave the dragoness to their own devices.

"Are you sure you want to be out here? The weather looks to be changing real soon."

She wasn't just saying that either. Being a Lightning dragon, she could feel the clouds forming droplets of rain along with the building charges of lightning.
- FR Time
- 20 y/o
- Wishlist
1EVlM.gif FsbHk.gif
//Sorry for responding so late! ;v;

She shrugged, glancing back to her digging spot, wishing the dragon before her would leave. She was on a time schedule! Oleander needed the quartz and needed it soon. Alas, her stealth skills have never been the best.

Then she realized her tone;

"In that case.." She huffed, grabbing the last of the deposit, and slowly backing away. She held it up with a little snigger, "I'll be on my way, won't I?"

And with that, she strutted away, but looking for rocks peeking out of the ground, hoping that some might contain the semi-precious minerals.
//Sorry for responding so late! ;v;

She shrugged, glancing back to her digging spot, wishing the dragon before her would leave. She was on a time schedule! Oleander needed the quartz and needed it soon. Alas, her stealth skills have never been the best.

Then she realized her tone;

"In that case.." She huffed, grabbing the last of the deposit, and slowly backing away. She held it up with a little snigger, "I'll be on my way, won't I?"

And with that, she strutted away, but looking for rocks peeking out of the ground, hoping that some might contain the semi-precious minerals.
@acidicJournalist
Seeing the Skydancer turn away, Psyche felt a wave of relief wash over her. She was certainly glad combat had been avoided. Perhaps looking into those training programs wasn't such a bad idea.

She walked towards the cliffs looking for shelter from the incoming rain, but the Nocturne's mind briefly flicked back to the mysterious Skydancer. 'What could possibly call for so much quartz?'

As the rain began to gently drizzle, chills ran down her spine, but they weren't due to the water. She took to the air, settling on the same ledge as before. The young dragoness sat there for quite some time, uneasily pondering the events of the day.

At long last, she heard the horn signalling the end of her shift, just as the sun began to set.

Psyche gently glided back to the Citadel, allowing the wind currents to carry her weight. The last of the scouts to return, she was met with a sharp glare from Sona, but strangely, she couldn't find herself caring.

The dragon taking her place for the next shift, a older red spiral named Deimos, noticed how drained she looked. With concern in his voice, he had asked if she was alright, receiving only a forced nod in return.

With a shrug, he flew off into the night, and Psyche found herself wishing him luck. Padding back to her cave for the night, all she could think about was how he would need it.

((ooc: Oh man! I'm super sorry for the late reply. Just wanted to give you a heads up, I probably won't be able to reply as often as I'd like tomorrow because I'm readying the house for Thanksgiving.))
@acidicJournalist
Seeing the Skydancer turn away, Psyche felt a wave of relief wash over her. She was certainly glad combat had been avoided. Perhaps looking into those training programs wasn't such a bad idea.

She walked towards the cliffs looking for shelter from the incoming rain, but the Nocturne's mind briefly flicked back to the mysterious Skydancer. 'What could possibly call for so much quartz?'

As the rain began to gently drizzle, chills ran down her spine, but they weren't due to the water. She took to the air, settling on the same ledge as before. The young dragoness sat there for quite some time, uneasily pondering the events of the day.

At long last, she heard the horn signalling the end of her shift, just as the sun began to set.

Psyche gently glided back to the Citadel, allowing the wind currents to carry her weight. The last of the scouts to return, she was met with a sharp glare from Sona, but strangely, she couldn't find herself caring.

The dragon taking her place for the next shift, a older red spiral named Deimos, noticed how drained she looked. With concern in his voice, he had asked if she was alright, receiving only a forced nod in return.

With a shrug, he flew off into the night, and Psyche found herself wishing him luck. Padding back to her cave for the night, all she could think about was how he would need it.

((ooc: Oh man! I'm super sorry for the late reply. Just wanted to give you a heads up, I probably won't be able to reply as often as I'd like tomorrow because I'm readying the house for Thanksgiving.))
- FR Time
- 20 y/o
- Wishlist
1EVlM.gif FsbHk.gif
@pseudonumbra

The Skydancer flew her way back to her shores, though not as gracefully. As she landed along the faded pink rock that held her altar, lanterns and books, and her brother Oleander. She huffed, and since the bag of quartz became heavier.

Oleander snapped at her, "What took so long?!"

She snapped in return, "The rain, and I ran into a guard or somethingg while gathering your stupid quartz.." She flicked her wet wings torwards the smaller dragon, snickering and padding her way to her part of the large den. She grabbed a book, and readied herself for her brother's rant.

She sighed, listening to her brother's snippy and annoying voice for a good hour now, as he sorted all the variations of quartz. "We need more. You need to go back!" She hissed under her breath, and ignored him.

//ooc: Thats really okay, I dont mind!! I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving, though! =^v^=
@pseudonumbra

The Skydancer flew her way back to her shores, though not as gracefully. As she landed along the faded pink rock that held her altar, lanterns and books, and her brother Oleander. She huffed, and since the bag of quartz became heavier.

Oleander snapped at her, "What took so long?!"

She snapped in return, "The rain, and I ran into a guard or somethingg while gathering your stupid quartz.." She flicked her wet wings torwards the smaller dragon, snickering and padding her way to her part of the large den. She grabbed a book, and readied herself for her brother's rant.

She sighed, listening to her brother's snippy and annoying voice for a good hour now, as he sorted all the variations of quartz. "We need more. You need to go back!" She hissed under her breath, and ignored him.

//ooc: Thats really okay, I dont mind!! I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving, though! =^v^=