Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ever seen something weird?
1 2 3
About a year or so ago I was driving with a couple other people in the car. We took a turn down into their neighborhood and began to pass by a street that was usually well-lit, only this time, it was totally pitch black, and sitting there in the middle of the road was...well, it was some kind of orb?

It was totally still, not moving, sort of a light blueish-white color, and we could all see that it wasn't a flat circle on the road (like a flashlight or anything) because as I braked and we crept slowly past it, it remained totally round, no matter what angle we looked at. I'd say it hovered maybe a foot above the road, and was about a two feet wide?

I drove on and parked at their house, a couple houses down, and jogged back to the place that we all saw it, but the street looked normal again, and there was nothing there. Who knows!
About a year or so ago I was driving with a couple other people in the car. We took a turn down into their neighborhood and began to pass by a street that was usually well-lit, only this time, it was totally pitch black, and sitting there in the middle of the road was...well, it was some kind of orb?

It was totally still, not moving, sort of a light blueish-white color, and we could all see that it wasn't a flat circle on the road (like a flashlight or anything) because as I braked and we crept slowly past it, it remained totally round, no matter what angle we looked at. I'd say it hovered maybe a foot above the road, and was about a two feet wide?

I drove on and parked at their house, a couple houses down, and jogged back to the place that we all saw it, but the street looked normal again, and there was nothing there. Who knows!
breathe deep, seek peace
----
courier_pearl.gif
@usbdongle Whoa that is weird! I've seen some weird stuff too, but nothing like that! It's always the most unsettling when you know that you weren't the only one who saw it, but still can't seem to explain it! Also, my theories for the incident: [img]http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/harrypotter/images/b/b6/Tumblr_mc81m7sp3A1qa9jn1o1_250.gif/revision/latest?cb=20140409211659.gif[/img] Or of course: [img]http://www.openminds.tv/wp-content/uploads/Will-Smith-Aliens-Meme.jpg[/img] Have you seen anything else weird? Maybe we can swap stories! :D
@usbdongle

Whoa that is weird! I've seen some weird stuff too, but nothing like that! It's always the most unsettling when you know that you weren't the only one who saw it, but still can't seem to explain it!

Also, my theories for the incident:
latest?cb=20140409211659.gif

Or of course:
Will-Smith-Aliens-Meme.jpg

Have you seen anything else weird? Maybe we can swap stories! :D
tumblr_o68wf9IvCW1v0z12fo2_100.pngitem_tales_of_terror_by_dogi_crimson-daezvb4.gifitem_enchanted_candle_by_dogi_crimson-dak1vb5.giftumblr_o68wf9IvCW1v0z12fo4_r1_100.pngitem_enchanted_candle_by_dogi_crimson-dak1vb5.gifitem_scary_storybook_by_dogi_crimson-daezm96.giftumblr_o68wf9IvCW1v0z12fo5_r1_100.png
@MysticMoonlight sadly that is my only paranormal story. Do you have any odd encounters? I'd love to hear about them!
@MysticMoonlight sadly that is my only paranormal story. Do you have any odd encounters? I'd love to hear about them!
breathe deep, seek peace
----
courier_pearl.gif
@usbdongle
Could've been ball lightning! Can hang around for quite a while, then vanishes without a trace. Basically a rare ball of light. Not sure how they form but some sort of weird scientific phenomena! Lucky you got too see it if that's what it was.
@usbdongle
Could've been ball lightning! Can hang around for quite a while, then vanishes without a trace. Basically a rare ball of light. Not sure how they form but some sort of weird scientific phenomena! Lucky you got too see it if that's what it was.
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
@usbdongle

I don't know your extent of belief in the paranormal, but throughout my life I've had a ton of experiences. My older sister has had way more though (most of them aren't exactly friendly and she's dealt with quite a few evil entities). We actually lived together for a few years and the activity multiplied because we both seemed to be a paranormal magnet.

Anyways, I'll tell you about a couple of things that I've seen and heard before.
I've literally watched a heavy handbag slide from the middle of our dining table to the very edge. I was actually living with my sister at the time and asked her if she saw it but she said no and decided to watch it. The moment I looked away, the handbag slid of the table edge, fell onto the chair, bounced off and hit the floor. My sister saw it though, and I heard it. There was nothing slippery underneath the could've eventually caused it to slide like that. We were both kind of freaked because that was one of the first times we've seen a pretty solid object move on its own that much.

We also lived in a duplex at the time with one bathroom that we shared. Weirdly enough, the bathroom had a negative energy to it (I know, I know, but I swear. You could feel it. And I'm not a super paranoid person either.). We would always close the bathroom door but everytime we walked by it would be cracked open. We would walk by again every so often and it kept slowly being more and more open until it was completely open. It was a solid door and was at the back of the house tucked away where there was no drafts, so it didnt make sense and there was no explaining it. This happened all the time.
I've also heard footsteps, had doors randomly slam shut while I was home alone, had things randomly fall or end up where I hadn't set them before. Lights have flickered in weird patterns with no explanation. I've heard other weird noises that would occur if someone else was home but I was the only one. I've had physically reactions to energies and I have picked up on them only moments later to have something happen. This is just a small amount of some of the things that have happened.

Here's a little extra information about why this stuff happens (or why my sister and I expect that it happens). My older sister has played ouija and psychic circle boards a couple times with bad results (I wont dare go near either one of those damn things). She's had things follow her home and show themselves to her and her friends. She's been attacked (bed shaking violently in the middle of the night but nothing else in the room moving, being pinned down in her sleep (she already debunked it to not be sleep paralysis), terrible nightmares that are relevant to the activity she would be experiencing in real life). She's also spoken to "spirit" out loud and gotten answers in real time in the form of noises. All of this has gone on since she was young. I have had a lot of experiences with "spirit" though not as terrifying as hers (thank god!), I've had terrible nightmares too (there's this one about a train that I've had many times before and it's actually almost identical to one that my older sister has had multiple times as well), again I'm sensitive to energies, after having all these experiences and reactions to energies I saw a couple different mediums/clairvoyants and without telling them or even hinting at the subject, each one told me that I was indeed a sensitive to the paranormal and had immense clairvoyant potential and abilities (though I haven't acted on them or practiced and I'm kind of scared to because of what my sister has been through), and my sister has also been told by different mediums/psychics that she too has sensitivity. Idk. It's all very weird. My friends have experience my "ghost friends" when they've come over and they are always genuinely shocked when I am unfazed. I guess I've just had it so much that it doesnt affect me much.

Again, I don't know how much you believe, and I probably sound insane, but it's the truth. I'm also a very observant, logical, and thoughtful person so I'm usually pretty skeptical unless I know for sure that there is ABSOLUTELY no explanation. And like I said, I've had lots of people I know witness the activity while around me, and they are always surprised at just how real it is and how I wasn't making it up. It's actually a running joke in my family that wherever my sister or I go, we bring the spirits with us. And they always blame us if something strange goes down. So.... yeah. xD You probably think I'm crazy, but I swear. I still question my sanity sometimes, but there's too much evidence and experience of it being real xD it still kind of freaks me out a bit sometimes xD
@usbdongle

I don't know your extent of belief in the paranormal, but throughout my life I've had a ton of experiences. My older sister has had way more though (most of them aren't exactly friendly and she's dealt with quite a few evil entities). We actually lived together for a few years and the activity multiplied because we both seemed to be a paranormal magnet.

Anyways, I'll tell you about a couple of things that I've seen and heard before.
I've literally watched a heavy handbag slide from the middle of our dining table to the very edge. I was actually living with my sister at the time and asked her if she saw it but she said no and decided to watch it. The moment I looked away, the handbag slid of the table edge, fell onto the chair, bounced off and hit the floor. My sister saw it though, and I heard it. There was nothing slippery underneath the could've eventually caused it to slide like that. We were both kind of freaked because that was one of the first times we've seen a pretty solid object move on its own that much.

We also lived in a duplex at the time with one bathroom that we shared. Weirdly enough, the bathroom had a negative energy to it (I know, I know, but I swear. You could feel it. And I'm not a super paranoid person either.). We would always close the bathroom door but everytime we walked by it would be cracked open. We would walk by again every so often and it kept slowly being more and more open until it was completely open. It was a solid door and was at the back of the house tucked away where there was no drafts, so it didnt make sense and there was no explaining it. This happened all the time.
I've also heard footsteps, had doors randomly slam shut while I was home alone, had things randomly fall or end up where I hadn't set them before. Lights have flickered in weird patterns with no explanation. I've heard other weird noises that would occur if someone else was home but I was the only one. I've had physically reactions to energies and I have picked up on them only moments later to have something happen. This is just a small amount of some of the things that have happened.

Here's a little extra information about why this stuff happens (or why my sister and I expect that it happens). My older sister has played ouija and psychic circle boards a couple times with bad results (I wont dare go near either one of those damn things). She's had things follow her home and show themselves to her and her friends. She's been attacked (bed shaking violently in the middle of the night but nothing else in the room moving, being pinned down in her sleep (she already debunked it to not be sleep paralysis), terrible nightmares that are relevant to the activity she would be experiencing in real life). She's also spoken to "spirit" out loud and gotten answers in real time in the form of noises. All of this has gone on since she was young. I have had a lot of experiences with "spirit" though not as terrifying as hers (thank god!), I've had terrible nightmares too (there's this one about a train that I've had many times before and it's actually almost identical to one that my older sister has had multiple times as well), again I'm sensitive to energies, after having all these experiences and reactions to energies I saw a couple different mediums/clairvoyants and without telling them or even hinting at the subject, each one told me that I was indeed a sensitive to the paranormal and had immense clairvoyant potential and abilities (though I haven't acted on them or practiced and I'm kind of scared to because of what my sister has been through), and my sister has also been told by different mediums/psychics that she too has sensitivity. Idk. It's all very weird. My friends have experience my "ghost friends" when they've come over and they are always genuinely shocked when I am unfazed. I guess I've just had it so much that it doesnt affect me much.

Again, I don't know how much you believe, and I probably sound insane, but it's the truth. I'm also a very observant, logical, and thoughtful person so I'm usually pretty skeptical unless I know for sure that there is ABSOLUTELY no explanation. And like I said, I've had lots of people I know witness the activity while around me, and they are always surprised at just how real it is and how I wasn't making it up. It's actually a running joke in my family that wherever my sister or I go, we bring the spirits with us. And they always blame us if something strange goes down. So.... yeah. xD You probably think I'm crazy, but I swear. I still question my sanity sometimes, but there's too much evidence and experience of it being real xD it still kind of freaks me out a bit sometimes xD
tumblr_o68wf9IvCW1v0z12fo2_100.pngitem_tales_of_terror_by_dogi_crimson-daezvb4.gifitem_enchanted_candle_by_dogi_crimson-dak1vb5.giftumblr_o68wf9IvCW1v0z12fo4_r1_100.pngitem_enchanted_candle_by_dogi_crimson-dak1vb5.gifitem_scary_storybook_by_dogi_crimson-daezm96.giftumblr_o68wf9IvCW1v0z12fo5_r1_100.png
my money's on ghosts dude

i don't personally remember this because i was a little baby at the time, but a tornado "jumped" over my house-- like literally retracted into the sky and came back down on the other side RIGHT before it would've annihilated our little home. i know tornadoes have been observed to do this sometimes but my family says it was seriously some amazing, bizarre, scary stuff

also a more glitch-in-the-matrix type story: it's nothing huge, but i vividly remember dropping a little plastic crown only for it to "bounce" off of nothing mid-air before dropping to the ground normally. had to've spent an hour trying to replicate it, but nope, never could!

somewhere there's a really short ghost telling its ghost pals about some dumb kid dropping a plastic crown on his head
my money's on ghosts dude

i don't personally remember this because i was a little baby at the time, but a tornado "jumped" over my house-- like literally retracted into the sky and came back down on the other side RIGHT before it would've annihilated our little home. i know tornadoes have been observed to do this sometimes but my family says it was seriously some amazing, bizarre, scary stuff

also a more glitch-in-the-matrix type story: it's nothing huge, but i vividly remember dropping a little plastic crown only for it to "bounce" off of nothing mid-air before dropping to the ground normally. had to've spent an hour trying to replicate it, but nope, never could!

somewhere there's a really short ghost telling its ghost pals about some dumb kid dropping a plastic crown on his head
@MysticMoonlight holy cow! That's some wild stuff!

I am afraid I'm one of those spiritual dead-zones.
I read tarot and do pendulum work to great effect, with enough accuracy that my mom told me that if I ever predicted anything negative about her, to not tell her. Haha, she's a funny lady.
But my tarot and pendulum are powered through universal echos/vibrations and not from spirits. I get like zero spirit readings, from anything, ever.
Never felt a darn thing when I was a small child in church, never felt a darn thing speaking to the deities I honor now. I believe in them but I'm just not one of those people that can pick that kind of thing up.
My druid buddy said that she has a couple people in her circle who, when they show up to gatherings, it seems like all the spiritual presences just...leave lol. They're like whatever the opposite of catnip is, to spirits. It happens! But you and your sister seem to be like shining beacons! How wild.

@Daeodon whoa, that tornado thing is scary, but amazing! And as for the crown...yeah you definitely hit some kind of glitch lmao. They say we're all inside a giant computer program, maybe you hit a glitched out hit box??
@MysticMoonlight holy cow! That's some wild stuff!

I am afraid I'm one of those spiritual dead-zones.
I read tarot and do pendulum work to great effect, with enough accuracy that my mom told me that if I ever predicted anything negative about her, to not tell her. Haha, she's a funny lady.
But my tarot and pendulum are powered through universal echos/vibrations and not from spirits. I get like zero spirit readings, from anything, ever.
Never felt a darn thing when I was a small child in church, never felt a darn thing speaking to the deities I honor now. I believe in them but I'm just not one of those people that can pick that kind of thing up.
My druid buddy said that she has a couple people in her circle who, when they show up to gatherings, it seems like all the spiritual presences just...leave lol. They're like whatever the opposite of catnip is, to spirits. It happens! But you and your sister seem to be like shining beacons! How wild.

@Daeodon whoa, that tornado thing is scary, but amazing! And as for the crown...yeah you definitely hit some kind of glitch lmao. They say we're all inside a giant computer program, maybe you hit a glitched out hit box??
breathe deep, seek peace
----
courier_pearl.gif
@usbdongle
Sometimes being a dead zone can be a good thing! Especially if you are trying to avoid the more mischievous ones! xD I work a little with pendulum, but only have just started using one, and I use it for higher self connection/ information (more like through meditation). I don't think I'd have the guts to let my guard down and try connecting with spirits through it! I'm always really careful with the pendulum because of that reason haha xD Now that you mention the anti-spirit/catnip thing, I can't help but imagine a bunch of spirits acting like cats xD I don't know why, but it makes me giggle xD
@usbdongle
Sometimes being a dead zone can be a good thing! Especially if you are trying to avoid the more mischievous ones! xD I work a little with pendulum, but only have just started using one, and I use it for higher self connection/ information (more like through meditation). I don't think I'd have the guts to let my guard down and try connecting with spirits through it! I'm always really careful with the pendulum because of that reason haha xD Now that you mention the anti-spirit/catnip thing, I can't help but imagine a bunch of spirits acting like cats xD I don't know why, but it makes me giggle xD
@MysticMoonlight
Fellow sensitive here, have you tried smudging your space and your sister? White sage works best.
Also, I recommend asking the spirit to move on or stop doing the nasty things it does, many of them will leave if you are firm about it.
Best of luck!
@MysticMoonlight
Fellow sensitive here, have you tried smudging your space and your sister? White sage works best.
Also, I recommend asking the spirit to move on or stop doing the nasty things it does, many of them will leave if you are firm about it.
Best of luck!
MUYNhfy.png axOkNaR.pngHawketh3.png
@SeaGodling
We've definitely thought about smudging before but I never really knew what kind of sage worked the best. I no longer live with her and she hasn't had anything too nasty happen in a while, but I just might smudge her just in case! I think she has used some affirmations with spirit in the past and right now she has gotten in the habit of using Himalayan salt lamps in her bedroom which I think help cleanse the air and give more positive energy. :) Also, thanks for the advice with spirit and for the luck! I'm happy to know that there is another sensitive in FR's midst! :3
@SeaGodling
We've definitely thought about smudging before but I never really knew what kind of sage worked the best. I no longer live with her and she hasn't had anything too nasty happen in a while, but I just might smudge her just in case! I think she has used some affirmations with spirit in the past and right now she has gotten in the habit of using Himalayan salt lamps in her bedroom which I think help cleanse the air and give more positive energy. :) Also, thanks for the advice with spirit and for the luck! I'm happy to know that there is another sensitive in FR's midst! :3
1 2 3