Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | We Stand Ready {Private}
1 2 3 4
@Jinkz

"Hezavur?" Kaladin sounded confused. His expression turned skeptical. It wasn't uncommon for outsiders to seek council from one of the Six, but as far as he was aware, Hezavur didn't leave the Neverdark and the Imperial was tight-lipped about his past. He looked past Zhi and Valthyra, at the afternoon sky. He squinted up at the sun, judging it's position. "Very well, follow me." He turned and walked into the dark tunnel mouth.

Valthyra was only a few moments behind. When she had first arrived with her parents, the entrance to the Neverdark had been scary. Now, it was only slightly intimidating. Being underground was not a pleasant feeling to someone used to traveling under the open sky.

The tunnel was not dark. Torches with magical fire were spaced at intervals, leaving no shadows inbetween. The tunnel floor was smooth stone and was cool against the bottom of her paws. The tunnel sloped gently downwards before opening into a massive space.

It was like an underground palace. The ceiling was high, so high, that the light from the torches that lined the walls couldn't reach. The shadows above were dotted by hundreds of tiny white orbs, making it resemble a moonless night sky. They glowed faintly, and one even blazed across the darkness before winking out, much like a shooting star.

Valthyra just stood there, gazing upwards. This would never get old. Kaladin didn't pause and got a few steps ahead before she realized he wasn't going to stop. She hurried to catch up. The floor was covered in exotic rugs and pattered drapes hung on the walls, between the torches.

There were cushioned seats for dragons to lounge on, but no one was in the foyer besides them. There was also only one entrance. The gilded doors were huge. They towered upwards, taking up the north wall and looked impossible for only one dragon to open. In fact... there were no handles that she could see.

Kaladin turned to them. "Wait here. Though, Valthyra, since you and your family are of the Neverdark, you do not have to stay."

"No, I'll stay," she replied.

Kaladin nodded and turned back to the doors. He spoke three words, words Valthyra couldn't understand. The doors shuddered and he motioned for them to step back as they slung open. There were no hinges or mechanisms that she could see or hear; they opened silently, gliding inches above the floor before stopping.

Beyond was a cavern so huge, that the foyer seemed cramped in comparison and was ablaze in light. There was not one shadow despite the cavern's size -and lack of torches or grates or any other means of lighting. The light was just there. Instead of being dark from lack of light, it was like that darkness had been replaced with light. It reached into every nook and cranny. It did not flicker or wane, nor did it increase or decrease. As far as Valthyra knew, the entirety of the Neverdark -the foyer and entrance tunnel being an exception- was like this.

Ledges that led to caves that served as homes for those in the Neverdark lined the walls in levels, with the larger ones reaching upwards. There was no floor beyond the doors. Kaladin moved to the edge, spread his wings, and leaped into the cavern. He glided upwards just as the doors swung silently shut, blocking Valthyra's view.

"They don't allow unauthorized dragons into the Neverdark," she turned to explain to Zhi. "He'll bring Hezavur here and then they will go from there." She sat on her haunches, tail curling about her paws. She fidgeted with her arm silks before something occurred to her and her eyes widened.

"Oh no! I forgot my pearl!" Her voice echoed in the foyer. How could she have forgotten her pearl? It was a part of her, like any Pearlcatcher. Pearls were with them from the moment they hatched to the moment they died and to lose one's pearl was to fall into disgrace.

"Oh no..." Valythra whispered again, gripping her silks so hard that her claws almost tore them into ribbons. "I'm sure it's fine, mother and father will look after it," she said to herself.
@Jinkz

"Hezavur?" Kaladin sounded confused. His expression turned skeptical. It wasn't uncommon for outsiders to seek council from one of the Six, but as far as he was aware, Hezavur didn't leave the Neverdark and the Imperial was tight-lipped about his past. He looked past Zhi and Valthyra, at the afternoon sky. He squinted up at the sun, judging it's position. "Very well, follow me." He turned and walked into the dark tunnel mouth.

Valthyra was only a few moments behind. When she had first arrived with her parents, the entrance to the Neverdark had been scary. Now, it was only slightly intimidating. Being underground was not a pleasant feeling to someone used to traveling under the open sky.

The tunnel was not dark. Torches with magical fire were spaced at intervals, leaving no shadows inbetween. The tunnel floor was smooth stone and was cool against the bottom of her paws. The tunnel sloped gently downwards before opening into a massive space.

It was like an underground palace. The ceiling was high, so high, that the light from the torches that lined the walls couldn't reach. The shadows above were dotted by hundreds of tiny white orbs, making it resemble a moonless night sky. They glowed faintly, and one even blazed across the darkness before winking out, much like a shooting star.

Valthyra just stood there, gazing upwards. This would never get old. Kaladin didn't pause and got a few steps ahead before she realized he wasn't going to stop. She hurried to catch up. The floor was covered in exotic rugs and pattered drapes hung on the walls, between the torches.

There were cushioned seats for dragons to lounge on, but no one was in the foyer besides them. There was also only one entrance. The gilded doors were huge. They towered upwards, taking up the north wall and looked impossible for only one dragon to open. In fact... there were no handles that she could see.

Kaladin turned to them. "Wait here. Though, Valthyra, since you and your family are of the Neverdark, you do not have to stay."

"No, I'll stay," she replied.

Kaladin nodded and turned back to the doors. He spoke three words, words Valthyra couldn't understand. The doors shuddered and he motioned for them to step back as they slung open. There were no hinges or mechanisms that she could see or hear; they opened silently, gliding inches above the floor before stopping.

Beyond was a cavern so huge, that the foyer seemed cramped in comparison and was ablaze in light. There was not one shadow despite the cavern's size -and lack of torches or grates or any other means of lighting. The light was just there. Instead of being dark from lack of light, it was like that darkness had been replaced with light. It reached into every nook and cranny. It did not flicker or wane, nor did it increase or decrease. As far as Valthyra knew, the entirety of the Neverdark -the foyer and entrance tunnel being an exception- was like this.

Ledges that led to caves that served as homes for those in the Neverdark lined the walls in levels, with the larger ones reaching upwards. There was no floor beyond the doors. Kaladin moved to the edge, spread his wings, and leaped into the cavern. He glided upwards just as the doors swung silently shut, blocking Valthyra's view.

"They don't allow unauthorized dragons into the Neverdark," she turned to explain to Zhi. "He'll bring Hezavur here and then they will go from there." She sat on her haunches, tail curling about her paws. She fidgeted with her arm silks before something occurred to her and her eyes widened.

"Oh no! I forgot my pearl!" Her voice echoed in the foyer. How could she have forgotten her pearl? It was a part of her, like any Pearlcatcher. Pearls were with them from the moment they hatched to the moment they died and to lose one's pearl was to fall into disgrace.

"Oh no..." Valythra whispered again, gripping her silks so hard that her claws almost tore them into ribbons. "I'm sure it's fine, mother and father will look after it," she said to herself.
91586610.png
The pathway down to the Neverdark caused Zhi to reflect on the massive homes dragons make for themselves and those around them. having traveled and seen many lairs it never ceases to amaze him. The delicate work that goes into making homes for all types of dragons, from Fae to Imperial.

He only briefly looked around when he came to the main courtyard of Marshwood, It too was massive. With its trees spiraling upward was if to was fighting with the other trees to gain the most sunlight that light the area. The largest of the trees being centered in the middle with the largest one being the obvious seat of who ever ran the Citadel.

Upon reaching the final door with the instruction to wait Zhi's curiosity continued, "How far does this lair go?, I wonder what other fascinating things await." He whispered to himself as he adjusted his clothes to look good for when he is to meet Hezavur.

Just as Zhi was getting comfortable he heard Valthyra's voice of concern over her pearl.. remembering that to Pearlcatchers their pearls are one of the most important things to them Zhi responded "Are you sure you dont have it with you? Is it in your bag? or something?" Knowing that feeling of clumsiness all to well he couldn't help himself but feel the same concern as she did for her lost item

"I'm sure it will show up here soon, we'll find it" He said with a smile as to try and build her confidence in finding it.

After awhile Zhi began to wonder how long they had been waiting. Not having the sun or any other device that kept track of time it began to feel to him as if they had been waiting forever. "How long until they return would you guess?" Zhi asked curiously, hoping to distract her just long enough so that she may forget about her worries.
The pathway down to the Neverdark caused Zhi to reflect on the massive homes dragons make for themselves and those around them. having traveled and seen many lairs it never ceases to amaze him. The delicate work that goes into making homes for all types of dragons, from Fae to Imperial.

He only briefly looked around when he came to the main courtyard of Marshwood, It too was massive. With its trees spiraling upward was if to was fighting with the other trees to gain the most sunlight that light the area. The largest of the trees being centered in the middle with the largest one being the obvious seat of who ever ran the Citadel.

Upon reaching the final door with the instruction to wait Zhi's curiosity continued, "How far does this lair go?, I wonder what other fascinating things await." He whispered to himself as he adjusted his clothes to look good for when he is to meet Hezavur.

Just as Zhi was getting comfortable he heard Valthyra's voice of concern over her pearl.. remembering that to Pearlcatchers their pearls are one of the most important things to them Zhi responded "Are you sure you dont have it with you? Is it in your bag? or something?" Knowing that feeling of clumsiness all to well he couldn't help himself but feel the same concern as she did for her lost item

"I'm sure it will show up here soon, we'll find it" He said with a smile as to try and build her confidence in finding it.

After awhile Zhi began to wonder how long they had been waiting. Not having the sun or any other device that kept track of time it began to feel to him as if they had been waiting forever. "How long until they return would you guess?" Zhi asked curiously, hoping to distract her just long enough so that she may forget about her worries.
@Jinkz "[b]Oh[/b]..." Was Valthyra's emotionally pained response. She pulled off her satchel and shoved the two books aside. There it was. Valthyra pulled her pearl from the satchel and hugged it to her chest. Clearly she [i]had[/i] packed it, but had just forgotten about it -which was almost as bad as leaving it behind. She set the pearl back in the satchel, beneath the books, and strapped it back on. She smoothed out her silks and ran a paw through the mane of fur that ran down the back of her neck. "[b]Not too long[/b]." She pretended like her little panic had never happened. They sat there for a few moments before the door opened. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24206449] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/242065/24206449_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] A massive Imperial, with wings outspread, landed before the open doors. The wind of his landing sent Valthyra's silks fluttering wildly. The Imperial trotted away from the doors and they closed. He towered over them, studying them with green eyes that peered down at them from behind a black butterfly mask. He wore nothing but a green banner over his wings. His golden underbelly glittered in the light cast by the torches. "[b]Who is it that seeks me[/b]?" His voice rumbled lowly through the foyer.
@Jinkz

"Oh..." Was Valthyra's emotionally pained response. She pulled off her satchel and shoved the two books aside. There it was. Valthyra pulled her pearl from the satchel and hugged it to her chest. Clearly she had packed it, but had just forgotten about it -which was almost as bad as leaving it behind.

She set the pearl back in the satchel, beneath the books, and strapped it back on. She smoothed out her silks and ran a paw through the mane of fur that ran down the back of her neck. "Not too long." She pretended like her little panic had never happened.

They sat there for a few moments before the door opened.

A massive Imperial, with wings outspread, landed before the open doors. The wind of his landing sent Valthyra's silks fluttering wildly. The Imperial trotted away from the doors and they closed. He towered over them, studying them with green eyes that peered down at them from behind a black butterfly mask. He wore nothing but a green banner over his wings. His golden underbelly glittered in the light cast by the torches.

"Who is it that seeks me?" His voice rumbled lowly through the foyer.
91586610.png
@Wakener

Zhi rushed over to where the Imperial had landed, "It is I that seeks you, my name is Zhi. I hail from the Thousand currents." Thinking to himself briefly after his statement figured it best to start from the beginning, that way everyone present would know the full story.

"I've been on my Search like many other guardians for some time now, I have traveled a fair bit so far being still young. On one of my journeys I traveled north to a small section of the Viridian Labyrinth called Marshwood Citadel. There I met many dragons and was eventually brought before Lord Zorjhan." Taking a deep breath Zhi continued.

"I don't know why he sent me but I was supposed to give you this." Zhi pulled out the glowing parchment sealed by the mark of Zorjhan. "I don't know what it says..but here you go." He places the letter near Hezavur hoping that the two at least left on good terms since he didn't want to anger the much larger Imperial.

((Here is the First section of the Letter for Hezavur. the second will come after this current spot in the story. it may or may not involve a few of your other dragons but you can just imagine the response in your head and return with just Hezavur talking. its entirely open to you on what you want to do xD ))

"My dear friend Hezavur, I hope this message reaches you for I long to hear from you. It has been some time since your departure but not a day goes by that I wonder how you are.

You'll be pleased to know that the clan is growing again. Day after day we grow not just in size but in beauty, speaking of which, young Astraeus and Carin are mine and Aripora's small clutch.

They are much like Aripora and I in many ways, Carin shares her mothers smile which can lighten anyone's day. Astraeus on the other hand, though lacking in his manners he makes up for it with his ability to lead those around him. A trait we need in this clan.

I have begun the long and arduous work to reform the leadership of Marshwood Citadel and its surrounding lands. I have begun the formation of what is to be known as The Five Alphas, Each Alpha is to lead a respective section of the clan, ranging from War to Life, Magic to Technology to name a few ideas.

I can not wait to hear from you soon.. Now to get to the other reason for sending this message..

Upon the return of Sakoi from the Neverdark she spoke highly of many of your fellow clansmen and was appreciative of the guidance you and many others showed her, she will be invaluable in the years to come with her experiences. I send this message as a request that you petition your leader for the joining of our two clans.

My clan may still be young and small since we are still repairing the damages from years past. You can vouch on our behalf of the many things we could bring to this new friendship.

But there yet remains further information which is to be discussed, however, this section may only be heard by the leading Council and its King. If it is agreed that our clans will join in friendship then reveal the remainder of this message I have hidden from everyone, to them..only them.. for I fear if these words were to be found in the wrong hands great danger would befall us all.
"
@Wakener

Zhi rushed over to where the Imperial had landed, "It is I that seeks you, my name is Zhi. I hail from the Thousand currents." Thinking to himself briefly after his statement figured it best to start from the beginning, that way everyone present would know the full story.

"I've been on my Search like many other guardians for some time now, I have traveled a fair bit so far being still young. On one of my journeys I traveled north to a small section of the Viridian Labyrinth called Marshwood Citadel. There I met many dragons and was eventually brought before Lord Zorjhan." Taking a deep breath Zhi continued.

"I don't know why he sent me but I was supposed to give you this." Zhi pulled out the glowing parchment sealed by the mark of Zorjhan. "I don't know what it says..but here you go." He places the letter near Hezavur hoping that the two at least left on good terms since he didn't want to anger the much larger Imperial.

((Here is the First section of the Letter for Hezavur. the second will come after this current spot in the story. it may or may not involve a few of your other dragons but you can just imagine the response in your head and return with just Hezavur talking. its entirely open to you on what you want to do xD ))

"My dear friend Hezavur, I hope this message reaches you for I long to hear from you. It has been some time since your departure but not a day goes by that I wonder how you are.

You'll be pleased to know that the clan is growing again. Day after day we grow not just in size but in beauty, speaking of which, young Astraeus and Carin are mine and Aripora's small clutch.

They are much like Aripora and I in many ways, Carin shares her mothers smile which can lighten anyone's day. Astraeus on the other hand, though lacking in his manners he makes up for it with his ability to lead those around him. A trait we need in this clan.

I have begun the long and arduous work to reform the leadership of Marshwood Citadel and its surrounding lands. I have begun the formation of what is to be known as The Five Alphas, Each Alpha is to lead a respective section of the clan, ranging from War to Life, Magic to Technology to name a few ideas.

I can not wait to hear from you soon.. Now to get to the other reason for sending this message..

Upon the return of Sakoi from the Neverdark she spoke highly of many of your fellow clansmen and was appreciative of the guidance you and many others showed her, she will be invaluable in the years to come with her experiences. I send this message as a request that you petition your leader for the joining of our two clans.

My clan may still be young and small since we are still repairing the damages from years past. You can vouch on our behalf of the many things we could bring to this new friendship.

But there yet remains further information which is to be discussed, however, this section may only be heard by the leading Council and its King. If it is agreed that our clans will join in friendship then reveal the remainder of this message I have hidden from everyone, to them..only them.. for I fear if these words were to be found in the wrong hands great danger would befall us all.
"
@Jinkz At mention of the Marshwood Citadel, Hezavur's eyes narrowed as he peered more closely at the Guardian, who rambled off his reason for being there too quickly for Valthyra to follow, but Hezavur heard every word. Hezavur said nothing and reached for the rolled parchment and it's glowing emblem, an emblem he knew well. Once in his paws, it unfurled easily, revealing its contents to him. Valthyra began to fidget with her silks, watching Hezavur read the letter. Several minutes passed in silence. A small smile pulled at the corner of Hezavur's mouth upon learning that his two friends now had grown hatchlings. He felt a twinge of sadness that he had not been there to watch them grow, but his position here was important and in a way he was helping to protect them. He remembered Sakoi well, though Jarvarax and Nayries were not aware of her ties with the Marshwood Citadel, or his own. In fact, Hezavur had mentioned the Nature clan in passing. He hadn't wanted to bring the Neverdark's attention to them since he suspected corruption among the Council. His brow furrowed and his tail twitched. An alliance? The Marshwood Citadel had faced Dohazar -perhaps not the evil dragon himself- but his army and had won. That was more than the Neverdark could claim. They had fallen and if Jarvarax and his Mak'gora had not come, would still be under Dohazar's dark sway. "[b]There is more, but the King must see it[/b]," He looked down at them, rolling the letter up. It glowed a bright green before vanishing, to be summoned once in the presence of Jarvarax. "[b]You are obviously who you say you are, so you may enter the Neverdark[/b]." Hezavur turned and spoke the same words Kaladin had spoken to the doors. They opened, revealing the ever present light of the Neverdark. "[b]Do not wander here, my friends[/b]," he said, wings unfurling. "[b]Follow me[/b]." He launched off the edge, gliding upwards. Valthyra glanced at Zhi, smiled, and followed. She flapped upwards after Hezavur, but glanced downwards. The circular chamber stretched down into darkness. Other dragons passed her in the air, while others sat outside the ledges that led to the caves, watching as the strangers passed. The caves did not stretch all the way down, but stopped at the border where the light ended. There were also tunnels with signs etched above proclaiming where they led. Each cave also had a nameplate above the opening, declaring shops, businesses, and homes. The huge scale of this underground lair was mind boggling. While down below was darkness, above the ceiling was awash with the unnatural light. Valthyra tired not to look down or up again, not liking the feeling of rock pressing in from all sides despite the open space she flew in. Up the went, up to a ledge wide enough to accommodate them all. A massive, gilded, sign above the entrance read [i]The Royal Family Quarters[/i]. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26778833] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/267789/26778833_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Another Imperial sat on the edge of the ledge, red eyes watching them carefully. Valthyra quickly looked away, eyes on Hezavur as the Nature dragon walked past. The other Imperial nodded briefly to him and to them, his eyes returning to watching the activity down below. The tunnel they entered was carpeted with red rugs of a rich, soft, material, that she could feel between the toes of her paws. These tunnels were lit by the same force that lit the chambers outside, the tunnel walls bathed in brilliant gold, almost as if the sun shone below ground. They passed various, unmarked, side tunnels that led deeper into the quarters of the Royal Family. Finally they came to a door -which had handles this time around. It stood open and Hezavur motioned for them to follow him inside. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21587879][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/215879/21587879.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25917282][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/259173/25917282.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24907248][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/249073/24907248.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25005245][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/250053/25005245.png[/img][/url][/center] Four dragons stood in a rounded room large enough to hold an audience. The stone floor was smooth from generations of dragon paws. Decorative hangings dominated the walls. On a raised platform opposite the door, sat two dragons. Jarvarax and Nayries, king and queen of the Neverdark. To the right of the platform, on the queen's side, sat a dark cloaked Skydancer, face concealed by a cowl. Standing in front of the platform was Kaladin who seemed to have just finished explaining the situation. "[b]Let me see the letter, Hezavur[/b]," Jarvarax's great voice boomed as they approached. The Imperial bowed and called the letter. It appeared in a green cloud in his paw and he handed it to Jarvarax. The silk clad Guardian unfurled the letter and began to read it's contents...
@Jinkz

At mention of the Marshwood Citadel, Hezavur's eyes narrowed as he peered more closely at the Guardian, who rambled off his reason for being there too quickly for Valthyra to follow, but Hezavur heard every word.

Hezavur said nothing and reached for the rolled parchment and it's glowing emblem, an emblem he knew well. Once in his paws, it unfurled easily, revealing its contents to him. Valthyra began to fidget with her silks, watching Hezavur read the letter. Several minutes passed in silence.

A small smile pulled at the corner of Hezavur's mouth upon learning that his two friends now had grown hatchlings. He felt a twinge of sadness that he had not been there to watch them grow, but his position here was important and in a way he was helping to protect them.

He remembered Sakoi well, though Jarvarax and Nayries were not aware of her ties with the Marshwood Citadel, or his own. In fact, Hezavur had mentioned the Nature clan in passing. He hadn't wanted to bring the Neverdark's attention to them since he suspected corruption among the Council.

His brow furrowed and his tail twitched. An alliance? The Marshwood Citadel had faced Dohazar -perhaps not the evil dragon himself- but his army and had won. That was more than the Neverdark could claim. They had fallen and if Jarvarax and his Mak'gora had not come, would still be under Dohazar's dark sway.

"There is more, but the King must see it," He looked down at them, rolling the letter up. It glowed a bright green before vanishing, to be summoned once in the presence of Jarvarax. "You are obviously who you say you are, so you may enter the Neverdark." Hezavur turned and spoke the same words Kaladin had spoken to the doors. They opened, revealing the ever present light of the Neverdark.

"Do not wander here, my friends," he said, wings unfurling. "Follow me." He launched off the edge, gliding upwards.

Valthyra glanced at Zhi, smiled, and followed. She flapped upwards after Hezavur, but glanced downwards. The circular chamber stretched down into darkness. Other dragons passed her in the air, while others sat outside the ledges that led to the caves, watching as the strangers passed. The caves did not stretch all the way down, but stopped at the border where the light ended.

There were also tunnels with signs etched above proclaiming where they led. Each cave also had a nameplate above the opening, declaring shops, businesses, and homes. The huge scale of this underground lair was mind boggling. While down below was darkness, above the ceiling was awash with the unnatural light. Valthyra tired not to look down or up again, not liking the feeling of rock pressing in from all sides despite the open space she flew in.

Up the went, up to a ledge wide enough to accommodate them all. A massive, gilded, sign above the entrance read The Royal Family Quarters.

Another Imperial sat on the edge of the ledge, red eyes watching them carefully. Valthyra quickly looked away, eyes on Hezavur as the Nature dragon walked past. The other Imperial nodded briefly to him and to them, his eyes returning to watching the activity down below.

The tunnel they entered was carpeted with red rugs of a rich, soft, material, that she could feel between the toes of her paws. These tunnels were lit by the same force that lit the chambers outside, the tunnel walls bathed in brilliant gold, almost as if the sun shone below ground. They passed various, unmarked, side tunnels that led deeper into the quarters of the Royal Family.

Finally they came to a door -which had handles this time around. It stood open and Hezavur motioned for them to follow him inside.

21587879.png25917282.png24907248.png25005245.png

Four dragons stood in a rounded room large enough to hold an audience. The stone floor was smooth from generations of dragon paws. Decorative hangings dominated the walls. On a raised platform opposite the door, sat two dragons. Jarvarax and Nayries, king and queen of the Neverdark. To the right of the platform, on the queen's side, sat a dark cloaked Skydancer, face concealed by a cowl.

Standing in front of the platform was Kaladin who seemed to have just finished explaining the situation. "Let me see the letter, Hezavur," Jarvarax's great voice boomed as they approached. The Imperial bowed and called the letter. It appeared in a green cloud in his paw and he handed it to Jarvarax.

The silk clad Guardian unfurled the letter and began to read it's contents...
91586610.png
@Wakener
((I will have to watch how you do all the fun linking and such..my brain is kapooted in its memory xD))

"Greetings my Lords and Ladies of the Neverdark, I send this message via courier from one outside my Clan. I request that our clans join in an alliance against a growing threat.

Having previously dealt with Dohazar and his fanatics in my land some time ago, I've come to take anything involving that dragon to be of the utmost importance. Word has reached my ears that some have been on the move and these aren't just your typical dragons either.. these are small sects that followed Dohazar into my land, that still follow him.

The reasons behind why they were left behind is still a mystery to me. In the most recent of encounters, a sly dragon by the name of Norkax has been spotted time and time again near my Citadel. I have sent assassins after him time and time again to no luck.

He continues to evade them..that was until recently, Selnomriel, who is the leader of the assassins returned with what appears to be his body. Though I remain..unconvinced..he's known to wield blood magic to hide his presence in my land.. even from my gaze.

I fear the worst is yet to come, for before I sent the assassins, I was given knowledge that (with a little help from some magic) he had been searching for his former master to inform him of what he has learned. I ask that all of you discuss my findings to possibly find out if they could be true, that HE is coming soon.

For if its true then there is little time to act.. for both of us. Again I thank you for hearing my out and wish to hear from you soon. If you would please send your response with the dragon that brought this message I would appreciate it.
With respect,
Zorjhan Lord of Marshwood Citadel
"

Zhi listened intently to the message that was relayed, turning to Valthyra, Zhi raised his paw as to whisper in her ear asking "Who is this Dohazar fellow?"
@Wakener
((I will have to watch how you do all the fun linking and such..my brain is kapooted in its memory xD))

"Greetings my Lords and Ladies of the Neverdark, I send this message via courier from one outside my Clan. I request that our clans join in an alliance against a growing threat.

Having previously dealt with Dohazar and his fanatics in my land some time ago, I've come to take anything involving that dragon to be of the utmost importance. Word has reached my ears that some have been on the move and these aren't just your typical dragons either.. these are small sects that followed Dohazar into my land, that still follow him.

The reasons behind why they were left behind is still a mystery to me. In the most recent of encounters, a sly dragon by the name of Norkax has been spotted time and time again near my Citadel. I have sent assassins after him time and time again to no luck.

He continues to evade them..that was until recently, Selnomriel, who is the leader of the assassins returned with what appears to be his body. Though I remain..unconvinced..he's known to wield blood magic to hide his presence in my land.. even from my gaze.

I fear the worst is yet to come, for before I sent the assassins, I was given knowledge that (with a little help from some magic) he had been searching for his former master to inform him of what he has learned. I ask that all of you discuss my findings to possibly find out if they could be true, that HE is coming soon.

For if its true then there is little time to act.. for both of us. Again I thank you for hearing my out and wish to hear from you soon. If you would please send your response with the dragon that brought this message I would appreciate it.
With respect,
Zorjhan Lord of Marshwood Citadel
"

Zhi listened intently to the message that was relayed, turning to Valthyra, Zhi raised his paw as to whisper in her ear asking "Who is this Dohazar fellow?"
@Jinkz

((Here.))

While the message played, Valthyra glanced nervously between the king and queen. Surely she should not be hearing this? She was not the messenger, nor was she of important rank. Both of the monarch's attentions were on the talking parchment, as was Kaladin's.

However, the cowled Skydancer seemed to be watching her and Zhi. She couldn't see his face beneath his dark hood and shifted on the spot, quickly looking away from the dark observer.

Zhi's whispered question didn't seem to reach the ears of the others in the room, the words of the letter drowning out anything they may have heard. "I don't know much other than he used to be king here, but they locked him away." She knew there was much more to it than that, but her parents hadn't seemed interested in paying much mind to the Neverdark's history and so she had followed suite.

"Gorabor, you will come with me," Jarvarax ordered the moment the message stopped. The massive Guardian stood and stepped off the platform. He said nothing to Zhi or Valthyra as he moved past, the dark Skydancer close on his heels, much like a shadow.

This left them alone with Kaladin and the Queen. "Kaladin," Nayries spoke. "Please show these two to their quarters." Her next words were directed at Zhi as she looked at him with golden eyes, head held high. "You will be informed when our response is ready to be given. This will have to be spoken of, and so you may be here for some time. You may go."

With the abrupt dismissal, Kaldin ushered Zhi and Valthyra out of the room.

~~~

((I have the lair layout here.))

Kaladin took them back to the Domain. They passed the same Imperial on guard duty before Kaladin launched himself off the ledge, gliding downwards. Valthyra followed, wings angling down.

Other dragons flew by, some so close that the wind of their passing sent Valthyra's silks fluttering wildly in the wind of their wake. Others sat on the ledges, bartering with merchants. They passed one family lounging on the ledge outside their home.

They continued to descend, the darkness of the Between inching closer. For a moment Valyhra thought Kaladin would keep going until the reached that darkness, but the Skydancer suddenly pulled up and alighted on a large ledge.

Valthyra landed besides him. There were a few dragons outside the cave. A golden sign above the cave mouth read The Dark Maw. Kaladin led them inside the inn. "Zhi, your quarters are here. The innkeeper will get you settled and I ask that you do not wander." He pointed towards the bar where a fat Tundra was telling a joke to an irritated Ridgeback.

"As for you, Valthyra, your parent's home is open to you as I'm certain you are aware of." He glanced at her and she nodded.

"I know where it is," she replied.

Kaladin left them, leaving her standing with Zhi in the common room.
@Jinkz

((Here.))

While the message played, Valthyra glanced nervously between the king and queen. Surely she should not be hearing this? She was not the messenger, nor was she of important rank. Both of the monarch's attentions were on the talking parchment, as was Kaladin's.

However, the cowled Skydancer seemed to be watching her and Zhi. She couldn't see his face beneath his dark hood and shifted on the spot, quickly looking away from the dark observer.

Zhi's whispered question didn't seem to reach the ears of the others in the room, the words of the letter drowning out anything they may have heard. "I don't know much other than he used to be king here, but they locked him away." She knew there was much more to it than that, but her parents hadn't seemed interested in paying much mind to the Neverdark's history and so she had followed suite.

"Gorabor, you will come with me," Jarvarax ordered the moment the message stopped. The massive Guardian stood and stepped off the platform. He said nothing to Zhi or Valthyra as he moved past, the dark Skydancer close on his heels, much like a shadow.

This left them alone with Kaladin and the Queen. "Kaladin," Nayries spoke. "Please show these two to their quarters." Her next words were directed at Zhi as she looked at him with golden eyes, head held high. "You will be informed when our response is ready to be given. This will have to be spoken of, and so you may be here for some time. You may go."

With the abrupt dismissal, Kaldin ushered Zhi and Valthyra out of the room.

~~~

((I have the lair layout here.))

Kaladin took them back to the Domain. They passed the same Imperial on guard duty before Kaladin launched himself off the ledge, gliding downwards. Valthyra followed, wings angling down.

Other dragons flew by, some so close that the wind of their passing sent Valthyra's silks fluttering wildly in the wind of their wake. Others sat on the ledges, bartering with merchants. They passed one family lounging on the ledge outside their home.

They continued to descend, the darkness of the Between inching closer. For a moment Valyhra thought Kaladin would keep going until the reached that darkness, but the Skydancer suddenly pulled up and alighted on a large ledge.

Valthyra landed besides him. There were a few dragons outside the cave. A golden sign above the cave mouth read The Dark Maw. Kaladin led them inside the inn. "Zhi, your quarters are here. The innkeeper will get you settled and I ask that you do not wander." He pointed towards the bar where a fat Tundra was telling a joke to an irritated Ridgeback.

"As for you, Valthyra, your parent's home is open to you as I'm certain you are aware of." He glanced at her and she nodded.

"I know where it is," she replied.

Kaladin left them, leaving her standing with Zhi in the common room.
91586610.png
@Wakener

Zhi examined the near by area a little until he came to a conclusion as he spoke to Valthyra "He did say not to wander.. but not explore" he said with a friendly grin as he opened his wings and took off towards The Between not realizing what lies deep in the tunnels below.

He finally reached the bottom and landed, surveying the surrounding area if there was anything near by. Upon sensing nothing in the foresee able future Zhi began to examine the tunnels themselves and the many generations hence since they were carved out of the thick rocks.

Turning his attention upward he was impressed at the sheer size of not just this downward spiraling section, but the Neverdark as a whole. It had to of taken centuries for this place to get as large as it was. Reflecting back on his home in the sea he wondered if any of the water lairs were this big. Zhi lived on the outskirts of the Thousand currents and no lair out that far even came close in size.

Just when things couldn't get more interesting, Zhi spotted something off down one of the tunnels a short distance. after conjuring a small orb of light that shown a short distance in front of him, since he didn't want to reveal that someone had gone down so far, he got to the faint glimmer he saw. Before him lie a light green shaped oval like object.

"Could this be an Egg?" he thought to himself while starring at it. "What would an Egg be doing this far from a nest?" he wondered as he heard a sound behind him..
@Wakener

Zhi examined the near by area a little until he came to a conclusion as he spoke to Valthyra "He did say not to wander.. but not explore" he said with a friendly grin as he opened his wings and took off towards The Between not realizing what lies deep in the tunnels below.

He finally reached the bottom and landed, surveying the surrounding area if there was anything near by. Upon sensing nothing in the foresee able future Zhi began to examine the tunnels themselves and the many generations hence since they were carved out of the thick rocks.

Turning his attention upward he was impressed at the sheer size of not just this downward spiraling section, but the Neverdark as a whole. It had to of taken centuries for this place to get as large as it was. Reflecting back on his home in the sea he wondered if any of the water lairs were this big. Zhi lived on the outskirts of the Thousand currents and no lair out that far even came close in size.

Just when things couldn't get more interesting, Zhi spotted something off down one of the tunnels a short distance. after conjuring a small orb of light that shown a short distance in front of him, since he didn't want to reveal that someone had gone down so far, he got to the faint glimmer he saw. Before him lie a light green shaped oval like object.

"Could this be an Egg?" he thought to himself while starring at it. "What would an Egg be doing this far from a nest?" he wondered as he heard a sound behind him..
@Jinkz

Golden eyes peered out from the darkness at Zhi. Suddenly, the shadows were chased away by a soft, golden, light. Valthyra moved forward, a scowl on her face. "You idiot, you knew exactly what he me-"

Her eyes fell on the sickly glowing egg and she balked. "You shouldn't be down here, neither of us should be!" She hissed, afraid of speaking so loudly all of a sudden. The shadows seemed too dark here, like living things that lurked just at the edge of the light she and Zhi cast.

Even if she and her parents hadn't paid much mind to Neverdark history, that didn't mean she was foolish enough to venture beyond the protective light of the Domain. Stories of what went on down here were wildly popular among the denizens of the Neverdark. And even if most of them were just tall tales, they had to come from some where.

If reading had taught Valthyra anything, it was that there was always some truth behind every lie. "We need to go now. If they find you down here, they'll kick you out." She wasn't certain what they would do to her, but they didn't suffer trespassers beyond the Domain.
@Jinkz

Golden eyes peered out from the darkness at Zhi. Suddenly, the shadows were chased away by a soft, golden, light. Valthyra moved forward, a scowl on her face. "You idiot, you knew exactly what he me-"

Her eyes fell on the sickly glowing egg and she balked. "You shouldn't be down here, neither of us should be!" She hissed, afraid of speaking so loudly all of a sudden. The shadows seemed too dark here, like living things that lurked just at the edge of the light she and Zhi cast.

Even if she and her parents hadn't paid much mind to Neverdark history, that didn't mean she was foolish enough to venture beyond the protective light of the Domain. Stories of what went on down here were wildly popular among the denizens of the Neverdark. And even if most of them were just tall tales, they had to come from some where.

If reading had taught Valthyra anything, it was that there was always some truth behind every lie. "We need to go now. If they find you down here, they'll kick you out." She wasn't certain what they would do to her, but they didn't suffer trespassers beyond the Domain.
91586610.png
@Wakener

"Oh alright then." Zhi replied reluctantly. "But I'm taking this with me, it doesn't belong alone." as he carefully picked up the egg and held it in one hand. He stretched his wings forth and gave a large thrust to the ground to be able to take flight. "Let's head back and see if they have returned yet."
~~~
Upon returning and seeing the usual patrons around the Inn, Zhi entered his quarters to perhaps get some sleep before the response from the king.

However, his mind turned thru various moments in the day. Why was an egg abandoned there, why does Valthyra and the others not go down to The Between often, what was going to be the response of jarvarax?.. all of these plagued his mind thru what he believed was the night but was hard to say since Daylight didn't shine this far down.
@Wakener

"Oh alright then." Zhi replied reluctantly. "But I'm taking this with me, it doesn't belong alone." as he carefully picked up the egg and held it in one hand. He stretched his wings forth and gave a large thrust to the ground to be able to take flight. "Let's head back and see if they have returned yet."
~~~
Upon returning and seeing the usual patrons around the Inn, Zhi entered his quarters to perhaps get some sleep before the response from the king.

However, his mind turned thru various moments in the day. Why was an egg abandoned there, why does Valthyra and the others not go down to The Between often, what was going to be the response of jarvarax?.. all of these plagued his mind thru what he believed was the night but was hard to say since Daylight didn't shine this far down.
1 2 3 4