Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Family question
Hi, I have a quick question. My daughter has her own FR account, and I have mine. Sometimes, her chrome book needs to be charged, but she doesn't want to log into FR on my computer because it's the same IP addy, and she says she will get banned. Is this true? What about families with siblings and only one computer?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you
Hi, I have a quick question. My daughter has her own FR account, and I have mine. Sometimes, her chrome book needs to be charged, but she doesn't want to log into FR on my computer because it's the same IP addy, and she says she will get banned. Is this true? What about families with siblings and only one computer?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you
>Would also like to know because my roommate uses it too
>Would also like to know because my roommate uses it too
B1tRAiB.png
@Qwaychou [s]@Besmer[/s] Sorry for the ping, oops! @Bosmer Nope, having the same IP address will not get anyone banned. However, it might be a good idea to put a note in your profiles to let people know you just share the same IP. Quote from the Multiple Account Policy: [quote]We understand that some players may live or work in situations where all users of the provided internet service share the same IP address. It is common in households, educational buildings, and workplaces. It is not against our Terms of Use to share an IP address.[/quote] Things that ARE illegal include: One person knowing the passwords to and/or using two accounts Two people knowing the password to and/or sharing one account An account being used solely for the benefit of another, e.g. someone logging on to their account to Gather Items and send the results to someone else. This would effectively give the receiver double Gathering turns. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/site/terms-use]Terms of Use[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=52]Multiple Account Policy[/url]
@Qwaychou
@Besmer Sorry for the ping, oops!
@Bosmer

Nope, having the same IP address will not get anyone banned. However, it might be a good idea to put a note in your profiles to let people know you just share the same IP.

Quote from the Multiple Account Policy:
Quote:
We understand that some players may live or work in situations where all users of the provided internet service share the same IP address. It is common in households, educational buildings, and workplaces. It is not against our Terms of Use to share an IP address.

Things that ARE illegal include:
One person knowing the passwords to and/or using two accounts
Two people knowing the password to and/or sharing one account
An account being used solely for the benefit of another, e.g. someone logging on to their account to Gather Items and send the results to someone else. This would effectively give the receiver double Gathering turns.

Terms of Use
Multiple Account Policy
windh4.png
@Qwaychou @Bosmer

Sharing IP won't get you banned. Some users like to make notes in their clan profiles that they share a computer with a roommate or family member. Funneling however will get a user banned.
This article will better explain it. Hopefully it'll also put your daughter at ease.
@Qwaychou @Bosmer

Sharing IP won't get you banned. Some users like to make notes in their clan profiles that they share a computer with a roommate or family member. Funneling however will get a user banned.
This article will better explain it. Hopefully it'll also put your daughter at ease.
XcyS55e.png
@WyvernVenom So does that mean you can't sell things to a person with the same ip as you in case the website thinks you're multi accounting? If that's the case then it's a little unfair but I suppose it makes sense to have that rule
@WyvernVenom So does that mean you can't sell things to a person with the same ip as you in case the website thinks you're multi accounting? If that's the case then it's a little unfair but I suppose it makes sense to have that rule
B1tRAiB.png
@Bosmer

Nope, in the Multi-Account Policy it says that selling, trading, etc. is fine. Even if they have the same IP. Even if you give them ridiculous discounts. There is only a problem if one person is playing only to benefit the other.
@Bosmer

Nope, in the Multi-Account Policy it says that selling, trading, etc. is fine. Even if they have the same IP. Even if you give them ridiculous discounts. There is only a problem if one person is playing only to benefit the other.
windh4.png
I would want to know as well, I send my daughter stuff and coins all the time. I don't want her or I to get in trouble for that.

But, it's good to know she can use mine when her chrome book is out of commission.
I would want to know as well, I send my daughter stuff and coins all the time. I don't want her or I to get in trouble for that.

But, it's good to know she can use mine when her chrome book is out of commission.
@WyvernVenom Okay, thanks! I'll let my roommate know too, we were having a conversation about it earlier.
@WyvernVenom Okay, thanks! I'll let my roommate know too, we were having a conversation about it earlier.
B1tRAiB.png
@Qwaychou

BTW, if you want someone to know you've responded, you usually need to 'ping' them! I just did it to you up top. Trading and selling is fine.
@Qwaychou

BTW, if you want someone to know you've responded, you usually need to 'ping' them! I just did it to you up top. Trading and selling is fine.
windh4.png