Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Buying deterrences?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
- Plague and Arcane.
- Gembond and Circuit. (Those clash too easily, and I'm trying to breed dragons that sell well.)
- First generation. (I like looking at the lineages. And whenever my dragons breed quintuplets, I'm planning to send gifts to the parents clans...which I can't do if they're first gens.)
- Red with green. (Too Christmasy.)
- Violet and pink. (I have some for breeding purposes, but I don't like them much..)

- Plague and Arcane.
- Gembond and Circuit. (Those clash too easily, and I'm trying to breed dragons that sell well.)
- First generation. (I like looking at the lineages. And whenever my dragons breed quintuplets, I'm planning to send gifts to the parents clans...which I can't do if they're first gens.)
- Red with green. (Too Christmasy.)
- Violet and pink. (I have some for breeding purposes, but I don't like them much..)

For me, its people wanting ridiculous amounts of gold for a non-gened starter breed, I'm not gonna shell out cash for a starter... seriously. if it had genes id consider it but nah.... i just shake my head and move on if someone wants over 30,000 for a basic starter

if i had the money to buy gems, i would totally spend on dragons with gems. but i am a poor college student. so until i rack up gems from my own sales/ game drops etc..., i probably will be deterred by gems. any gems i manage to get are going towards skin blueprints hehheh :3

a big thing for me is when tertiary genes are overlayed over the primary and secondary genes. rarely does it look good to me. i just find it to clash pretty badly. I feel like tertiary is more a stand alone thing unless it is paired wisely with other genes

I'm not actually a huge fan of tertiary genes in general lol. Gem bond especially. I was originally excited for that gene, until it was released looking completely different than i thought it would maybe i'll like future genes, and ill probably get gembond and circuit eventually for the sake of breeding achievements, but for now i'm like meh...
For me, its people wanting ridiculous amounts of gold for a non-gened starter breed, I'm not gonna shell out cash for a starter... seriously. if it had genes id consider it but nah.... i just shake my head and move on if someone wants over 30,000 for a basic starter

if i had the money to buy gems, i would totally spend on dragons with gems. but i am a poor college student. so until i rack up gems from my own sales/ game drops etc..., i probably will be deterred by gems. any gems i manage to get are going towards skin blueprints hehheh :3

a big thing for me is when tertiary genes are overlayed over the primary and secondary genes. rarely does it look good to me. i just find it to clash pretty badly. I feel like tertiary is more a stand alone thing unless it is paired wisely with other genes

I'm not actually a huge fan of tertiary genes in general lol. Gem bond especially. I was originally excited for that gene, until it was released looking completely different than i thought it would maybe i'll like future genes, and ill probably get gembond and circuit eventually for the sake of breeding achievements, but for now i'm like meh...
my_flight_rising_forum_signature_by_theparasiticbandaid-d6ajsgz.png
Pretty much what everyone's said so far. I think the only thing I don't care for that hasn't been mentioned is that I don't like buying dragons with unnamed parents. I mean, no, it technically doesn't matter, but I have to stare at it every day:

Parents
Unnamed
msshadowthehed

Yeah, that'll put me off a hatchling. I can understand different naming schemes and all, but I don't feel it's asking much to have reasonably named parents, especially on a site where dragon names aren't limited.
Pretty much what everyone's said so far. I think the only thing I don't care for that hasn't been mentioned is that I don't like buying dragons with unnamed parents. I mean, no, it technically doesn't matter, but I have to stare at it every day:

Parents
Unnamed
msshadowthehed

Yeah, that'll put me off a hatchling. I can understand different naming schemes and all, but I don't feel it's asking much to have reasonably named parents, especially on a site where dragon names aren't limited.
45345.gif
@Jrethel [quote name="Jrethel" date="2013-06-30 15:38:25" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=1&id=222129#222506"]I agree with that. Amalythia [b]It also irritates me when people undervalue their dragons because it hurts the economy and makes it hard for anyone else to sell their dragons. [/b] When a G3 Mirror with less than decent coloration and a Pearlcatcher only have 20k between their prices it makes me a bit upset.[/quote] *Makes a mental note of this*. But 20-25k is fine for basic starter breeds right? I haven't sold any rarer dragons for that since I don't have any though I did tell a user once (Asheydoo55) that I would sell all my basic hatchlings regardless of breed for about 25k mark. Obviously not ones with genes added and I guess it is a good thing I read this forum before I got that far. What would you price a basic Spiral, Pearl catcher etc?
@Jrethel
I agree with that. Amalythia

It also irritates me when people undervalue their dragons because it hurts the economy and makes it hard for anyone else to sell their dragons.

When a G3 Mirror with less than decent coloration and a Pearlcatcher only have 20k between their prices it makes me a bit upset.

*Makes a mental note of this*.

But 20-25k is fine for basic starter breeds right?
I haven't sold any rarer dragons for that since I don't have any though I did tell a user once (Asheydoo55) that I would sell all my basic hatchlings regardless of breed for about 25k mark. Obviously not ones with genes added and I guess it is a good thing I read this forum before I got that far.

What would you price a basic Spiral, Pearl catcher etc?
@Leosnake

It really depends on the dragon, especially colours I've found. It also depends on your personaly preference for what happens to your hatchlings once they have been bought.

I&#039;ve found that <25K hatchlings tend to get bought up by snipers (that instantly relist them for a higher price) or people looking to mass exalt &#039;cheap&#039; hatchlings to go for dominance. PERSONALLY, I really dislike this happening to my hatchlings, if they are going to be exalted I&#039;d rather do it myself and help my clan out. So I personally never list even the most hideously coloured hatchling under 30K as that seems to have stopped the snipers/exalters for me. That way if they don&#039;t sell, I just keep them around, train them up in the coliseum abit and then exalt them to my flight =)

Everyone will have their own style though, if you don&#039;t mind people doing this to your hatchlings and just want more treasure for them than the exalt would give you, I think 20-25K is fine although I wouldn&#039;t go lower than that. You can easily earn 20-25K in 1 hour in the fairground so there is no real reason to list them cheaper I think.
@Leosnake

It really depends on the dragon, especially colours I&#039;ve found. It also depends on your personaly preference for what happens to your hatchlings once they have been bought.

I&#039;ve found that <25K hatchlings tend to get bought up by snipers (that instantly relist them for a higher price) or people looking to mass exalt &#039;cheap&#039; hatchlings to go for dominance. PERSONALLY, I really dislike this happening to my hatchlings, if they are going to be exalted I&#039;d rather do it myself and help my clan out. So I personally never list even the most hideously coloured hatchling under 30K as that seems to have stopped the snipers/exalters for me. That way if they don&#039;t sell, I just keep them around, train them up in the coliseum abit and then exalt them to my flight =)

Everyone will have their own style though, if you don&#039;t mind people doing this to your hatchlings and just want more treasure for them than the exalt would give you, I think 20-25K is fine although I wouldn&#039;t go lower than that. You can easily earn 20-25K in 1 hour in the fairground so there is no real reason to list them cheaper I think.
RoFhatchlingbanner1_zps7e29e49b.jpg
@SaF

Fair point. Though the one I sold for 25k went to someone who said they planed to change them for breeding purposes it&#039;s brother is going to be changed and kept as an eternally young Snapper so I have been told.

I may consider the 30k from now on though but I have noticed that even in the selling forums when people ask for much more than that they fail to sell even if the other person showed interest.
@SaF

Fair point. Though the one I sold for 25k went to someone who said they planed to change them for breeding purposes it&#039;s brother is going to be changed and kept as an eternally young Snapper so I have been told.

I may consider the 30k from now on though but I have noticed that even in the selling forums when people ask for much more than that they fail to sell even if the other person showed interest.
@Leosnake yeah not everyone will be sniping/exalting (I don&#039;t for one and I&#039;ve bought lots of 20-25K hatchlings! Need them all for breeding), and its not a bad thing per say, its just a personal preference.

I tried all the different ways of selling that I could think of with my second round of clutches (10 eggs in all). I found the sales forum to be the worst place to sell them at all, let alone for a good price. It is good for research on what people are willing to pay for different things and trades though. The forum is too hard to browse what you are looking for, so yeah threads often get buried/ignored.

AH on the other hand, I had no problem selling basic colour, starter breed hatchlings for +30K in under 24 hours =)
@Leosnake yeah not everyone will be sniping/exalting (I don&#039;t for one and I&#039;ve bought lots of 20-25K hatchlings! Need them all for breeding), and its not a bad thing per say, its just a personal preference.

I tried all the different ways of selling that I could think of with my second round of clutches (10 eggs in all). I found the sales forum to be the worst place to sell them at all, let alone for a good price. It is good for research on what people are willing to pay for different things and trades though. The forum is too hard to browse what you are looking for, so yeah threads often get buried/ignored.

AH on the other hand, I had no problem selling basic colour, starter breed hatchlings for +30K in under 24 hours =)
RoFhatchlingbanner1_zps7e29e49b.jpg
@Shimamoyo

I&#039;m not asking for it upfront. The reserve is 50k.
@Shimamoyo

I&#039;m not asking for it upfront. The reserve is 50k.
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro2_250.gif ZEknoG3.pngtumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro4_250.gif
a gened, ugly color starter breed for the price of the gene...nope.
a gened, ugly color starter breed for the price of the gene...nope.
I sell G2 Purebred Imps from dragons #181 and 182 Check my lair for listings.
@Leosnake

For starters I go around 35k for the floor price and 50k for the ceiling on basics. :]

I do my pricing mathmatically. I&#039;m not saying it is correct, I just think it is logical.
For a basic, let&#039;s say Snapper.
The scroll is 325k to change them. If they are basic nothing else was added. Let&#039;s just assume it is a Snapper x Snapper breeding so 650k for the pair.
650k/5 [five being the maximum number of eggs in a clutch] You would price around 130k each to make the treasure back that you put out.

When getting into genes, those are factors in my math too.
Let&#039;s go with a pair I am working on. Ridgeback x Ridgeback. 500k base for the breed changes. Then we add eye spots to both, [240k] which would give us a flat of 740k.
Then we feel really quirky so we go and add clown to both of them [350k] which gives us a grand total of 1,090,000k for that pair.
1,090,000k/5 is 218k, which I went with flat rate and brought down to 200k but left specialty reserves [first picks] at 250k for the leftover flak. Of course, people could multiply it by ten and make people wait eons before getting a hatchling, but I prefer to be short and sweet with it.
@Leosnake

For starters I go around 35k for the floor price and 50k for the ceiling on basics. :]

I do my pricing mathmatically. I&#039;m not saying it is correct, I just think it is logical.
For a basic, let&#039;s say Snapper.
The scroll is 325k to change them. If they are basic nothing else was added. Let&#039;s just assume it is a Snapper x Snapper breeding so 650k for the pair.
650k/5 [five being the maximum number of eggs in a clutch] You would price around 130k each to make the treasure back that you put out.

When getting into genes, those are factors in my math too.
Let&#039;s go with a pair I am working on. Ridgeback x Ridgeback. 500k base for the breed changes. Then we add eye spots to both, [240k] which would give us a flat of 740k.
Then we feel really quirky so we go and add clown to both of them [350k] which gives us a grand total of 1,090,000k for that pair.
1,090,000k/5 is 218k, which I went with flat rate and brought down to 200k but left specialty reserves [first picks] at 250k for the leftover flak. Of course, people could multiply it by ten and make people wait eons before getting a hatchling, but I prefer to be short and sweet with it.
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro2_250.gif ZEknoG3.pngtumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro4_250.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10