Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Buying deterrences?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Everyone has their own specific set of things that they like and do not. Whether it is a breed, flight, genes, or gender there is probably at least one thing that may keep you from purchasing a dragon.

What are the things that make you say no to a dragon?

Mine
- Any breed that is not a starter or Ridgeback [getting an entire Ridgeback colony]
- Arcane [eye color; no general roleplay interest in the flight]
- Plague [My Gladekeeper worshiping tribe would freak out roleplay-wise. May throw one into the mix eventually to spice things up.]
- Speckle/Freckle on the same dragon
- Neon and supersaturated
- Dragons that are out of my breeding color wheel [seafoam - rust]
- Circuit and Gembond
- People selling dragons for gems only
Everyone has their own specific set of things that they like and do not. Whether it is a breed, flight, genes, or gender there is probably at least one thing that may keep you from purchasing a dragon.

What are the things that make you say no to a dragon?

Mine
- Any breed that is not a starter or Ridgeback [getting an entire Ridgeback colony]
- Arcane [eye color; no general roleplay interest in the flight]
- Plague [My Gladekeeper worshiping tribe would freak out roleplay-wise. May throw one into the mix eventually to spice things up.]
- Speckle/Freckle on the same dragon
- Neon and supersaturated
- Dragons that are out of my breeding color wheel [seafoam - rust]
- Circuit and Gembond
- People selling dragons for gems only
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro2_250.gif ZEknoG3.pngtumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro4_250.gif
- G2 (yes, I know it's not affecting the dragon, I'm just going to need clean lines).
- gem-only dragons.
- neons against neons.
- high prices.
- G2 (yes, I know it's not affecting the dragon, I'm just going to need clean lines).
- gem-only dragons.
- neons against neons.
- high prices.
I don't even look at lines when I buy. It is probably a bad habit. xD

Speaking of gems, I should add Gembond to my list. :|
I don't even look at lines when I buy. It is probably a bad habit. xD

Speaking of gems, I should add Gembond to my list. :|
tumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro2_250.gif ZEknoG3.pngtumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro4_250.gif
-gembond (sorry, I don't know why)
-the color carmine in some situations where it's primary
-dragons being sold for $300+ in gems
-majority of tundras
-as much as I love mirrors, I really don't like the necks on the male sprites
I'm also extremely picky on color combinations.
-gembond (sorry, I don't know why)
-the color carmine in some situations where it's primary
-dragons being sold for $300+ in gems
-majority of tundras
-as much as I love mirrors, I really don't like the necks on the male sprites
I'm also extremely picky on color combinations.
watersmallwithsymboltint_zpse1652b00.gif
sig by Cucco, gif from Garden of Words
Nothing turns me away like people who completely overvalue the worth of their dragons.

If your dragon is a starter breed, has no secondary genes, and is the color of bright mustard poo, it is not worth 60k, okay? Much less 3k gems.

You just look at the AH sometimes and wonder what people are thinking.
Nothing turns me away like people who completely overvalue the worth of their dragons.

If your dragon is a starter breed, has no secondary genes, and is the color of bright mustard poo, it is not worth 60k, okay? Much less 3k gems.

You just look at the AH sometimes and wonder what people are thinking.
So far my only ones I'm sticking to are: No crazy clashing sparkle neon colors and must be a Tundra (I like the variety of colors in their fur and their gryphon-y look). While there are some genes and gene combinations that will put me off, and I certainly won't turn my nose up at a lovely Wildclaw or Pearlcatcher, the cost of those dragons are generally too beyond my budget for consideration anyway.

I do currently have preferences for Tundras with a white-black range primary with orange-lemon secondary, though I'm still looking for inspiration for other interesting color range swatches.
So far my only ones I'm sticking to are: No crazy clashing sparkle neon colors and must be a Tundra (I like the variety of colors in their fur and their gryphon-y look). While there are some genes and gene combinations that will put me off, and I certainly won't turn my nose up at a lovely Wildclaw or Pearlcatcher, the cost of those dragons are generally too beyond my budget for consideration anyway.

I do currently have preferences for Tundras with a white-black range primary with orange-lemon secondary, though I'm still looking for inspiration for other interesting color range swatches.
I agree with that. @Amalythia

It also irritates me when people undervalue their dragons because it hurts the economy and makes it hard for anyone else to sell their dragons.

When a G3 Mirror with less than decent coloration and a Pearlcatcher only have 20k between their prices it makes me a bit upset.
I agree with that. @Amalythia

It also irritates me when people undervalue their dragons because it hurts the economy and makes it hard for anyone else to sell their dragons.

When a G3 Mirror with less than decent coloration and a Pearlcatcher only have 20k between their prices it makes me a bit upset.
I really don't have anything that would deter me from buying a dragon...but maybe that's just because I don't have many yet.

Honestly the only thing that would make me turn away from a dragon right now is if it's primarily pink/purple. Not a fan of either color.
I really don't have anything that would deter me from buying a dragon...but maybe that's just because I don't have many yet.

Honestly the only thing that would make me turn away from a dragon right now is if it's primarily pink/purple. Not a fan of either color.
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

-Gembond (looks awful scabby sometimes)
-Green, Yellow, and Pink color schemes
-Also any dragon whose colors make them look like they are covered in hotsauce and tomatoes.
-Tundras. Just... tundras.
-Anything over $50 in gems. Dude, I've never even CONSIDERED dropping $50 in a game. Much less on ONE thing, and I hope I never will.
-Gembond (looks awful scabby sometimes)
-Green, Yellow, and Pink color schemes
-Also any dragon whose colors make them look like they are covered in hotsauce and tomatoes.
-Tundras. Just... tundras.
-Anything over $50 in gems. Dude, I've never even CONSIDERED dropping $50 in a game. Much less on ONE thing, and I hope I never will.
I don't generally buy ugly-looking dragons. I don't particularly care what generation a dragon is as long as it's low gen (that makes it easier for me to tell if it's related to a dragon in my clan). I am adverse to buying dragons that are not starters or dragons that are not one of the four breeds that I want to keep in my lair (imperial, wildclaw, ridgeback, and spiral).

I don't really like browns and grays on dragons, but that's a personal preference.

Price will deter me from buying some dragons. I'm sorry, but I'm not paying 2k gems for a starter breed dragon with basic markings. I don't care how pretty it is. Seriously, some people...

I strongly dislike the gembond gene. I'm okay with circuit on some dragons. In fact, I intend to put circuit on the two dragons I intend to turn into spirals because they've got a good color range and circuit wouldn't look half-bad on them. Gembond just bugs me, though.
I don't generally buy ugly-looking dragons. I don't particularly care what generation a dragon is as long as it's low gen (that makes it easier for me to tell if it's related to a dragon in my clan). I am adverse to buying dragons that are not starters or dragons that are not one of the four breeds that I want to keep in my lair (imperial, wildclaw, ridgeback, and spiral).

I don't really like browns and grays on dragons, but that's a personal preference.

Price will deter me from buying some dragons. I'm sorry, but I'm not paying 2k gems for a starter breed dragon with basic markings. I don't care how pretty it is. Seriously, some people...

I strongly dislike the gembond gene. I'm okay with circuit on some dragons. In fact, I intend to put circuit on the two dragons I intend to turn into spirals because they've got a good color range and circuit wouldn't look half-bad on them. Gembond just bugs me, though.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10