Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Staff Appreciation Thread
1 2 3 4 5
90ofah.gif

In light of the gratuitous amounts of e-drama, I want to take a few minutes here
to instead highlight our gratitude for everything that our staff has done for us.

This is not a thread made to bring up your complaints with staff. Do that elsewhere.
This is here for you to show how much you appreciate them and their work.
Please keep your comments respectful of the aim of the thread and enjoy the read!

1zg5i4m.png
90ofah.gif

In light of the gratuitous amounts of e-drama, I want to take a few minutes here
to instead highlight our gratitude for everything that our staff has done for us.

This is not a thread made to bring up your complaints with staff. Do that elsewhere.
This is here for you to show how much you appreciate them and their work.
Please keep your comments respectful of the aim of the thread and enjoy the read!

1zg5i4m.png
Breed and Gene Well, dears.

I understand what it takes to get a largescale personal project like Flight Rising off the ground, and to keep those scales in the sky. I know the anxiety, the fear of failure, the stress of funding, the untold hours of research, and, among many other often unappreciated necessities that go into the creation and maintenance of the project, the search for like-minded, talented, capable, and professional staff members to keep the project running.

Flight Rising staff members, I am so proud of you.
Really. It makes my eyes tear up how much you do.
You are an inspiring example to any project-creators.
I'm proud of all the time and effort you put into this.
I'm proud of the mistakes you make and learn to fix.
I'm proud of the struggles you continue to deal with.
I'm proud of you for attempting to improve your site.
I'm proud of you for withstanding wanton negativity.
I'm proud of you for understanding most user needs.
I'm proud of you for accepting input and suggestions.

I am so thankful that you are hilarious. I love reading the descriptions of items. Your writers put time and thought and an ample supply of internet humour into every item we hoard.

I really appreciate the freedom you give users to create their own accents and skins. I love how users have the chance to show off their skills at festival contests to create official site items. I adore the idea of suggestions and creations made by users being implemented and used widely on the site. It helps to improve the sense of community when a common user can make a difference. I love the staff for giving kickstarters that ability to create all the user suggested familiars, apparel, genes, and even a breed. I really hope there is more of that to come.

The design of the site is beautiful. Despite lag, glitches, and coding that needs an overhaul, the actual DESIGN of both the aesthetics and the function of the site is stunning. The layout is clean without being crushingly sterile, with enough complication to be interesting and not overbearing. The placement of the main announcements over the user's Name/Stats/Settings area is convenient, since we look there frequently, and settings are nicely hidden behind that arrow. The way that most stats are displayed, using icons instead of being over-explained by text, that's good design. Mail has some aggravating issues with searching through history, but, oh by all the gods, otherwise it is so beautiful and pleasing to see, and I look forward to improvements. Most areas of the site have their own brilliance in design that is refreshing to see in a pet site. Just staring at the Nesting page, I am pleased with how this was thought out, coded, and displayed. Look at the auction house: someone decided to lay that information out. Maybe it lacks utilities we need, but just look at how easy the information on a sale lot is to understand! Just by glancing at a sale lot of apparel, you know whether you want to buy it, and if you're not sure, you have the option to preview it on any breed or sex of dragon. The only way something like that could be better is if you could see your own dragons, but geez, I'm just so happy at how the staff panders to our convenience!

Staff gave us scatterscrolls. They gave us more lair space.
We can change our names. We can even change our flights.
We got to choose our first dragon's primary and secondary.
We are given all kinds of options to make our dragons cool.

Ignore any discrepancies about economy and consider this:
We can choose to spend an hour's worth of USD to get gems.
Or we can choose to spend a day's worth to earn it in treasure.
Sure, it's a basic function given by almost every petsite online.
But do you understand how great this is for all types of users?
If you have an income, you do not have to waste time grinding.
If you don't have a job, you still have abilities to buy gem items!
I really think this is something more people need to appreciate.
We help them keep the site paid for, and we get sweet presents.
Things like this used to be called Thank You or Donation items.
We thank them with our money by donating using real monies.
They thank us back by giving us pixels that we actually value.

Or, here's another really awesome thing: our staff is super dedicated.
Like, do you remember how hard Undel and staff overworked themselves
trying to give us skydancers in time for the flameforger's festival? I do.
Undel barely slept. I can see her tiredness in the current skydancer psds.
And you know what? It makes me want to just hug her and kiss her forehead.
Because it means a lot to me. All those items reddrawn for skydancers.
And lack of coding meant they did each dragon recolor by hand. EACH.
Even when our staff do things oddly, by golly, they do their best.
I absolutely love people who are willing to give things their all.
It stuns me how much time staff members put into this site.

And another thing. Do you know how huge Flight Rising is? It's big.
For a first year site, it's unspeakably and unexplainably big. I can't even.
It blows up my mind how much content already exists just after release.
So many users joined SO RAPIDLY, and the site is still functional. WOW.
Sure, there's lag, but, by the gods, they work hard to fix it and keep it running.
They KEEP submitting more content. Can I just adfl;a sfdadfewra asdfha yes.

Look. Dudes and dudettes and everyone in between, can we just talk about all the great things that Staff has given us?

Can we talk about all the time they spend moderating, reading, fixing, drawing, coding, writing, designing, and otherwise working for us?

If nothing else, I appreciate flight rising staff because
THEY GAVE US A PET SITE MADE OUT OF DRAGONS.

I understand what it takes to get a largescale personal project like Flight Rising off the ground, and to keep those scales in the sky. I know the anxiety, the fear of failure, the stress of funding, the untold hours of research, and, among many other often unappreciated necessities that go into the creation and maintenance of the project, the search for like-minded, talented, capable, and professional staff members to keep the project running.

Flight Rising staff members, I am so proud of you.
Really. It makes my eyes tear up how much you do.
You are an inspiring example to any project-creators.
I'm proud of all the time and effort you put into this.
I'm proud of the mistakes you make and learn to fix.
I'm proud of the struggles you continue to deal with.
I'm proud of you for attempting to improve your site.
I'm proud of you for withstanding wanton negativity.
I'm proud of you for understanding most user needs.
I'm proud of you for accepting input and suggestions.

I am so thankful that you are hilarious. I love reading the descriptions of items. Your writers put time and thought and an ample supply of internet humour into every item we hoard.

I really appreciate the freedom you give users to create their own accents and skins. I love how users have the chance to show off their skills at festival contests to create official site items. I adore the idea of suggestions and creations made by users being implemented and used widely on the site. It helps to improve the sense of community when a common user can make a difference. I love the staff for giving kickstarters that ability to create all the user suggested familiars, apparel, genes, and even a breed. I really hope there is more of that to come.

The design of the site is beautiful. Despite lag, glitches, and coding that needs an overhaul, the actual DESIGN of both the aesthetics and the function of the site is stunning. The layout is clean without being crushingly sterile, with enough complication to be interesting and not overbearing. The placement of the main announcements over the user's Name/Stats/Settings area is convenient, since we look there frequently, and settings are nicely hidden behind that arrow. The way that most stats are displayed, using icons instead of being over-explained by text, that's good design. Mail has some aggravating issues with searching through history, but, oh by all the gods, otherwise it is so beautiful and pleasing to see, and I look forward to improvements. Most areas of the site have their own brilliance in design that is refreshing to see in a pet site. Just staring at the Nesting page, I am pleased with how this was thought out, coded, and displayed. Look at the auction house: someone decided to lay that information out. Maybe it lacks utilities we need, but just look at how easy the information on a sale lot is to understand! Just by glancing at a sale lot of apparel, you know whether you want to buy it, and if you're not sure, you have the option to preview it on any breed or sex of dragon. The only way something like that could be better is if you could see your own dragons, but geez, I'm just so happy at how the staff panders to our convenience!

Staff gave us scatterscrolls. They gave us more lair space.
We can change our names. We can even change our flights.
We got to choose our first dragon's primary and secondary.
We are given all kinds of options to make our dragons cool.

Ignore any discrepancies about economy and consider this:
We can choose to spend an hour's worth of USD to get gems.
Or we can choose to spend a day's worth to earn it in treasure.
Sure, it's a basic function given by almost every petsite online.
But do you understand how great this is for all types of users?
If you have an income, you do not have to waste time grinding.
If you don't have a job, you still have abilities to buy gem items!
I really think this is something more people need to appreciate.
We help them keep the site paid for, and we get sweet presents.
Things like this used to be called Thank You or Donation items.
We thank them with our money by donating using real monies.
They thank us back by giving us pixels that we actually value.

Or, here's another really awesome thing: our staff is super dedicated.
Like, do you remember how hard Undel and staff overworked themselves
trying to give us skydancers in time for the flameforger's festival? I do.
Undel barely slept. I can see her tiredness in the current skydancer psds.
And you know what? It makes me want to just hug her and kiss her forehead.
Because it means a lot to me. All those items reddrawn for skydancers.
And lack of coding meant they did each dragon recolor by hand. EACH.
Even when our staff do things oddly, by golly, they do their best.
I absolutely love people who are willing to give things their all.
It stuns me how much time staff members put into this site.

And another thing. Do you know how huge Flight Rising is? It's big.
For a first year site, it's unspeakably and unexplainably big. I can't even.
It blows up my mind how much content already exists just after release.
So many users joined SO RAPIDLY, and the site is still functional. WOW.
Sure, there's lag, but, by the gods, they work hard to fix it and keep it running.
They KEEP submitting more content. Can I just adfl;a sfdadfewra asdfha yes.

Look. Dudes and dudettes and everyone in between, can we just talk about all the great things that Staff has given us?

Can we talk about all the time they spend moderating, reading, fixing, drawing, coding, writing, designing, and otherwise working for us?

If nothing else, I appreciate flight rising staff because
THEY GAVE US A PET SITE MADE OUT OF DRAGONS.
oh my god, okay I know it wasn't intended but seeing 'staff appreciation thread by - nobody' is probably the funniest moment I've experienced on this site

Sorry, sorry, carry on. Thank you, staff!
oh my god, okay I know it wasn't intended but seeing 'staff appreciation thread by - nobody' is probably the funniest moment I've experienced on this site

Sorry, sorry, carry on. Thank you, staff!
V3yjbbG.png
I haven't played any other pet games, but I have played a few games run by a staff as small as this (political sandbox-type games), and I have to say

I really appreciate that the staff is listening to the player base, as shown by the lair expansion changes. Of course not everybody is going to be happy with every change, but by god, it's better than just completely ignoring the userbase input and only adding in more ways to try to force people to spend real money on the game (ohhai eRep).
I haven't played any other pet games, but I have played a few games run by a staff as small as this (political sandbox-type games), and I have to say

I really appreciate that the staff is listening to the player base, as shown by the lair expansion changes. Of course not everybody is going to be happy with every change, but by god, it's better than just completely ignoring the userbase input and only adding in more ways to try to force people to spend real money on the game (ohhai eRep).
@Tangleoak Shh, that's not intended, you see nothing. ;3
@Tangleoak Shh, that's not intended, you see nothing. ;3
Nobody said it waaaay better than I can, so I'll just have to say "what Nobody said!"
Nobody said it waaaay better than I can, so I'll just have to say "what Nobody said!"
STAFF APPRECIATION BY NOBODY
nobody your username is making this entire thread seem sarcastic you're so evil how could you

but honestly okay stormlight and lightsky foreva, even though lightning completely owns light element, you two have made this site grow in the speed of light. Cause honestly, a lot of things happened over 6 months, and you've updated every single week, showing your dedication to the project, and I'm so surprised you're still keeping it going even though you've probably turned into zombies by now.
STAFF APPRECIATION BY NOBODY
nobody your username is making this entire thread seem sarcastic you're so evil how could you

but honestly okay stormlight and lightsky foreva, even though lightning completely owns light element, you two have made this site grow in the speed of light. Cause honestly, a lot of things happened over 6 months, and you've updated every single week, showing your dedication to the project, and I'm so surprised you're still keeping it going even though you've probably turned into zombies by now.
a1IrWcm.png
fourthed!

Thank you @Nobody :)

and a massive shower of hearts and cookies to the Staff!
fourthed!

Thank you @Nobody :)

and a massive shower of hearts and cookies to the Staff!
517117grkpbyjcvm.gifleft.pngShameful.pngright.png517117grkpbyjcvm.gif
Having been mod/staff/admin on another petsite a few years ago... I totally understand how rough this petsite business can be. I can only imagine how much more difficult the fact that this place is BOOMING can make it.

So from me... thank you. For everything. Thank you even for the things that don't work out as well as you'd hoped, because it takes great courage to roll out something new or different in the firm knowledge that there is no way on earth to make everyone happy.

Thank you for sticking with us, and thank you for all the behind-the-scenes work you do that people can't appreciate half as well as they should. You are beautiful admins. *touches ur faces*
Having been mod/staff/admin on another petsite a few years ago... I totally understand how rough this petsite business can be. I can only imagine how much more difficult the fact that this place is BOOMING can make it.

So from me... thank you. For everything. Thank you even for the things that don't work out as well as you'd hoped, because it takes great courage to roll out something new or different in the firm knowledge that there is no way on earth to make everyone happy.

Thank you for sticking with us, and thank you for all the behind-the-scenes work you do that people can't appreciate half as well as they should. You are beautiful admins. *touches ur faces*
@Nobody @tangleoak No, now you see nothing.

There is not very much that I can say that has not been said already. But one thing I would like to capitalize on is the FR coliseum. I love how this was made, and I appreciate how much time and effort was put into this. It makes me happy that you guys are adding new things to it every once in a while as well. (A lot of sites I have seen will just make a battle system, fix a couple bugs to make it work, and leave it alone for a while,) Your constant maintenance on the site in an attempt to please all of it's players amazes me. The diligence you bring is nothing short of inspirational to me.

Another thing on this site I love is the festivals. Every month a new flight comes to the center of attention as they have their annual celebration. Where a certain currency corresponding to that specific flight can be earned to buy unique items and familiars. There is no part about this that I don't love. Having a skin contest and letting the players have a chance to show off their talent is a great idea. It is amazing seeing all the different skins submitted, Another thing you guys do that leave me awe-struck, is judging the skins in a short period of time. Each month more skins come in, but you compare them each and find the best of the best. Rewarding those who triumph and giving a pat on the back to the runner ups.

Another thing I would like to show appreciation for is all of the art you guys have done.I look through the bestiary a lot and see all the different creation you have made. The amount of effort you have put into this sight cannot be praised enough. Every one of you are amazing and should congratulate yourselves. You all deserve it. I am positive there are others that feel this way as well.

Thank you for doing all of this. It has been a great experience thus far, and I look forward to the new things you bring. Especially can't wait to see what you end up doing with the adventure mode. :3
@Nobody @tangleoak No, now you see nothing.

There is not very much that I can say that has not been said already. But one thing I would like to capitalize on is the FR coliseum. I love how this was made, and I appreciate how much time and effort was put into this. It makes me happy that you guys are adding new things to it every once in a while as well. (A lot of sites I have seen will just make a battle system, fix a couple bugs to make it work, and leave it alone for a while,) Your constant maintenance on the site in an attempt to please all of it's players amazes me. The diligence you bring is nothing short of inspirational to me.

Another thing on this site I love is the festivals. Every month a new flight comes to the center of attention as they have their annual celebration. Where a certain currency corresponding to that specific flight can be earned to buy unique items and familiars. There is no part about this that I don't love. Having a skin contest and letting the players have a chance to show off their talent is a great idea. It is amazing seeing all the different skins submitted, Another thing you guys do that leave me awe-struck, is judging the skins in a short period of time. Each month more skins come in, but you compare them each and find the best of the best. Rewarding those who triumph and giving a pat on the back to the runner ups.

Another thing I would like to show appreciation for is all of the art you guys have done.I look through the bestiary a lot and see all the different creation you have made. The amount of effort you have put into this sight cannot be praised enough. Every one of you are amazing and should congratulate yourselves. You all deserve it. I am positive there are others that feel this way as well.

Thank you for doing all of this. It has been a great experience thus far, and I look forward to the new things you bring. Especially can't wait to see what you end up doing with the adventure mode. :3
1 2 3 4 5