Back

Introductions

Introduce yourself and say hello to the rest of the community.
TOPIC | The New Old
I salute you all with great respect. It has come to my realization that it has been two whole years since I joined and I have not made a single introduction thread... I might as well do it now.

Name's Dadragon6, but you may or may not feel free to just call me Dad, for short. I promise I'll try not to call you son. My hobbies include and are (or not) limited to: laying in a giant rectangular cushion for the duration of a whole night, using futuristic technology that allows me to communicate with other beings of my species and engage in an odd ritual that involves sending inputs through both a key alphabet and a wrongly named hand object with a minimum of three buttons (one is not even pressable...) that, if anything, makes a conglomerate of tiny pixels move on a glass screen... It all sounds too overly complicated. I believe most call that "gaming".

I've never been too close to this community. mainly due to locking myself and my dragons up at the lair, and never letting anyone out except for tasks necessary for survival. This way, trivial and meaningless tasks were to be ignored and unallowed for the greater good and safety of the clan. However, I must admit I have fallen victim to the community's kindness spell some time ago, and that has stuck on my mind for a while. Not only does this community not publicly lynch someone on the spot for stating their own opinion, but actually supports them for stating their own mind? I didn't think it was possible myself, but yet here I am. Threads created solely for the gift of giving, a friendly community that's warm and welcoming to newcomers and old members alike, and is always happy to answer any questions... The legends were, indeed, true.

This is the end of my completely unnecessary and overly exaggerated introduction thread. You may now happily resume doing any tasks you were previously doing before stumbling upon this wall of text. I literally had nothing better to do.
I salute you all with great respect. It has come to my realization that it has been two whole years since I joined and I have not made a single introduction thread... I might as well do it now.

Name's Dadragon6, but you may or may not feel free to just call me Dad, for short. I promise I'll try not to call you son. My hobbies include and are (or not) limited to: laying in a giant rectangular cushion for the duration of a whole night, using futuristic technology that allows me to communicate with other beings of my species and engage in an odd ritual that involves sending inputs through both a key alphabet and a wrongly named hand object with a minimum of three buttons (one is not even pressable...) that, if anything, makes a conglomerate of tiny pixels move on a glass screen... It all sounds too overly complicated. I believe most call that "gaming".

I've never been too close to this community. mainly due to locking myself and my dragons up at the lair, and never letting anyone out except for tasks necessary for survival. This way, trivial and meaningless tasks were to be ignored and unallowed for the greater good and safety of the clan. However, I must admit I have fallen victim to the community's kindness spell some time ago, and that has stuck on my mind for a while. Not only does this community not publicly lynch someone on the spot for stating their own opinion, but actually supports them for stating their own mind? I didn't think it was possible myself, but yet here I am. Threads created solely for the gift of giving, a friendly community that's warm and welcoming to newcomers and old members alike, and is always happy to answer any questions... The legends were, indeed, true.

This is the end of my completely unnecessary and overly exaggerated introduction thread. You may now happily resume doing any tasks you were previously doing before stumbling upon this wall of text. I literally had nothing better to do.
@Dadragon6
Literally nothing better to do than spend an overtly large amount of effort writing a large wall of text that few people will even see?
Eheh.
In the same boat with ya mate.
The same ugly, leaking, uninsured boat.

You know of the story of Jack Johannen Jimson?
I told it a few days back. One of my finer pieces of writing, I gotta say.
Nobody even acknowledged it. But that doesn't matter. You know why?

'Cause I don't.

Seriously, it told of the importance of supporting your friends through tough times yadda yadda yadda all that Moral cripe whilst also including a splash of deadpan/darkish humour mixed in! It was GOLD!

Now for something completely different:
Here's a small tip for ya writing. I must admit the punctuation's good, the adjectives are (smashing/considerable/extensive/marmalade), and the content is, well... stylised, but the one thing it's missing? Paragraphs. That Enter key is a GODSEND mate, it really helps to break up that 'Wall Of Text' feel, makes it much nicer to look at and read.

My writing may much about as much sense as Lorem Ipsum Dolor and it's humour may only appeal to the kind of people that like off-brand Marmite, but with a bit of formatting it can look wonderful, or perhaps slightly less of a disgrace.

Either way, if my nonsensical ramblings can be made to look pretty, it shouldn't be difficult for anyone. (Disregard this if you found it difficult k bby)
@Dadragon6
Literally nothing better to do than spend an overtly large amount of effort writing a large wall of text that few people will even see?
Eheh.
In the same boat with ya mate.
The same ugly, leaking, uninsured boat.

You know of the story of Jack Johannen Jimson?
I told it a few days back. One of my finer pieces of writing, I gotta say.
Nobody even acknowledged it. But that doesn't matter. You know why?

'Cause I don't.

Seriously, it told of the importance of supporting your friends through tough times yadda yadda yadda all that Moral cripe whilst also including a splash of deadpan/darkish humour mixed in! It was GOLD!

Now for something completely different:
Here's a small tip for ya writing. I must admit the punctuation's good, the adjectives are (smashing/considerable/extensive/marmalade), and the content is, well... stylised, but the one thing it's missing? Paragraphs. That Enter key is a GODSEND mate, it really helps to break up that 'Wall Of Text' feel, makes it much nicer to look at and read.

My writing may much about as much sense as Lorem Ipsum Dolor and it's humour may only appeal to the kind of people that like off-brand Marmite, but with a bit of formatting it can look wonderful, or perhaps slightly less of a disgrace.

Either way, if my nonsensical ramblings can be made to look pretty, it shouldn't be difficult for anyone. (Disregard this if you found it difficult k bby)
Just call me Ol' Jim John John Jackery Jim Jam Hickory Smoked Johnson
@Rhosen
Why, thank you my dear friend. While I'm sure your story was far better than mine, and that I have committed one of the great crimes of writing by not making proper use of the ENTER key, I must say I was trying less to make a real story, and actually just trying to slap some humor into a nonsensical wall (©Trump) of text, while also making my introduction to this wonderful community.

Also, please forget what I have just said, as that also didn't make any sense, and thank you for tips on how to further improve my writing. Auf wiedersehen.
@Rhosen
Why, thank you my dear friend. While I'm sure your story was far better than mine, and that I have committed one of the great crimes of writing by not making proper use of the ENTER key, I must say I was trying less to make a real story, and actually just trying to slap some humor into a nonsensical wall (©Trump) of text, while also making my introduction to this wonderful community.

Also, please forget what I have just said, as that also didn't make any sense, and thank you for tips on how to further improve my writing. Auf wiedersehen.
@Dadragon6
Schadenfreude.

I'm not great with German so that's pretty much all I know.
That's a word I can respect. The kinda word you can go out and have a beer with.

If only we had that in English.
@Dadragon6
Schadenfreude.

I'm not great with German so that's pretty much all I know.
That's a word I can respect. The kinda word you can go out and have a beer with.

If only we had that in English.
@Rhosen
I'm not a german expert either, however I'm pretty sure, through intense Google usage, that "schadenfreude" means satisfaction at one's misfortune.
Sounds like a word I wouldn't like to have a drink with.
@Rhosen
I'm not a german expert either, however I'm pretty sure, through intense Google usage, that "schadenfreude" means satisfaction at one's misfortune.
Sounds like a word I wouldn't like to have a drink with.
@Dadragon6
Depends on the drink I suppose.
@Dadragon6
Depends on the drink I suppose.