Back

Adoptables

Create, adopt, or show off your adoptables.
TOPIC | Humanoid Adoptable Interest?
Hey all! I attempted to set up this adoptable quite some time ago (probably at least a year or more), but found it difficult to run on this site and our main site at the same time since the adoptable communities are structured so differently on each site. However, the team is now heavily considering retreating almost entirely from our current home and finding a new, more active location to base ourselves from. Of course, FR is our first choice but we want to check again if there's interest or not since i know most of the successful adoptables here are dragon based. We tend to pour heart and soul into this adoptable so it's really important to us to find a place where we'll be busy and active. Interest has been less than stellar at our other location. The adoptable has also grown considerably since our last attempt to run here, and that attempt taught us a lot. The adoptable itself would potentially be significantly restructured for placement on this site. For one, we would remove the "certificates" with the name and owner as I feel that people here are less interested in having them tagged that way. We may also remove much of the lore and current limitations on mixing and matching features if there's not much desire for it here. So I want to largely get a feel for the following: Are people are interested in the artwork itself, and the available options and races? (suggested pricing in treasure, gems and USD would be appreciated - particularly the two former as I'm really unaccustomed to selling on FR) Are people are interested in the lore remaining...mostly intact, or have no interest in the current lore? And would people would want us to revive and re-open our roleplaying forum? Any other thoughts are welcome as well, of course. Here is our website - there is no selling that happens on the site itself, it's just used to show off all the options for clothing, species traits, etc. [url]http://ayanasolstice.weebly.com/[/url] Bases (Whether the current "race" set up remains intact is largely dependent on whether people prefer it that way or not). We would likely not keep the growing aspect of the adoptable if we were to permanently move to Flight Rising. [url]http://ayanasolstice.weebly.com/bases-and-races.html[/url] And here, of course, are some samples! [img]https://photos.smugmug.com/Owner-Folders/DF/Esh/Certed-Solstices/i-BbGpQPN/0/S/NewAngie-S.png [/img] [img] https://photos.smugmug.com/Owner-Folders/DF/Esh/Certed-Solstices/i-j4zWHdt/0/S/ZhoriCert-S.png [/img] [img]https://photos.smugmug.com/Owner-Folders/DF/Esh/Certed-Solstices/i-DXFkqfn/0/S/TshilaCert-S.png [/img] [img]https://photos.smugmug.com/Owner-Folders/DF/Esh/Certed-Solstices/i-tgpbdjV/0/S/Ihsancert%20copy-S.png [/img] [img]https://photos.smugmug.com/Owner-Folders/DF/Esh/Certed-Solstices/i-pktmQnB/0/S/HazelVisCert%20copy-S.png[/img] [img]https://photos.smugmug.com/Owner-Folders/UV/Siopilos/Certed-Solstices/i-JwvZqZH/0/S/SioAdvancedCCert%20copy-S.png[/img] [img]https://photos.smugmug.com/Owner-Folders/UV/Siopilos/Certed-Solstices/i-3Rxv5wp/0/S/Svariel-S.png[/img]
Hey all! I attempted to set up this adoptable quite some time ago (probably at least a year or more), but found it difficult to run on this site and our main site at the same time since the adoptable communities are structured so differently on each site.

However, the team is now heavily considering retreating almost entirely from our current home and finding a new, more active location to base ourselves from. Of course, FR is our first choice but we want to check again if there's interest or not since i know most of the successful adoptables here are dragon based. We tend to pour heart and soul into this adoptable so it's really important to us to find a place where we'll be busy and active.

Interest has been less than stellar at our other location.

The adoptable has also grown considerably since our last attempt to run here, and that attempt taught us a lot. The adoptable itself would potentially be significantly restructured for placement on this site. For one, we would remove the "certificates" with the name and owner as I feel that people here are less interested in having them tagged that way.

We may also remove much of the lore and current limitations on mixing and matching features if there's not much desire for it here.

So I want to largely get a feel for the following:

Are people are interested in the artwork itself, and the available options and races?
(suggested pricing in treasure, gems and USD would be appreciated - particularly the two former as I'm really unaccustomed to selling on FR)

Are people are interested in the lore remaining...mostly intact, or have no interest in the current lore?

And would people would want us to revive and re-open our roleplaying forum?

Any other thoughts are welcome as well, of course.

Here is our website - there is no selling that happens on the site itself, it's just used to show off all the options for clothing, species traits, etc.
http://ayanasolstice.weebly.com/

Bases (Whether the current "race" set up remains intact is largely dependent on whether people prefer it that way or not). We would likely not keep the growing aspect of the adoptable if we were to permanently move to Flight Rising.

http://ayanasolstice.weebly.com/bases-and-races.html

And here, of course, are some samples!

NewAngie-S.png
ZhoriCert-S.png
TshilaCert-S.png
Ihsancert%20copy-S.png
HazelVisCert%20copy-S.png
SioAdvancedCCert%20copy-S.png
Svariel-S.png
I'd be excited to start up over on FR and would love to see what everyone's interest would be!
I'd be excited to start up over on FR and would love to see what everyone's interest would be!
These look pretty cool! The art looks nice and there's a lot of good options for customization.

Unfortunately, I don't know how well they would do on Flight Rising with all the complex rules and lore; I usually love reading but I honestly had to skim a lot of stuff about how the adoptables are supposed to work with the different races and tribes. Perhaps some people might be interested in really taking the time to learn and understand it, but personally it seems like a lot of effort to get some art.

I think if you want them to be successful on here, you'd have to make it mostly focused on allowing people to get pets based on their dragons (like humanized/gijinka versions) or their pre-existing OC's.

Still, I'd be interested in seeing how this turns out. I'd probably make a few for some of my favorite dragons if you end up opening shop here. Best of luck! :)
These look pretty cool! The art looks nice and there's a lot of good options for customization.

Unfortunately, I don't know how well they would do on Flight Rising with all the complex rules and lore; I usually love reading but I honestly had to skim a lot of stuff about how the adoptables are supposed to work with the different races and tribes. Perhaps some people might be interested in really taking the time to learn and understand it, but personally it seems like a lot of effort to get some art.

I think if you want them to be successful on here, you'd have to make it mostly focused on allowing people to get pets based on their dragons (like humanized/gijinka versions) or their pre-existing OC's.

Still, I'd be interested in seeing how this turns out. I'd probably make a few for some of my favorite dragons if you end up opening shop here. Best of luck! :)
HIHhist.gifZNhRsiG.pngHIHhist.gif
[quote name="HailfireAlicorn" date=2016-08-27 20:28:23] These look pretty cool! The art looks nice and there's a lot of good options for customization. Unfortunately, I don't know how well they would do on Flight Rising with all the complex rules and lore; I usually love reading but I honestly had to skim a lot of stuff about how the adoptables are supposed to work with the different races and tribes. Perhaps some people might be interested in really taking the time to learn and understand it, but personally it seems like a lot of effort to get some art. I think if you want them to be successful on here, you'd have to make it mostly focused on allowing people to get pets based on their dragons (like humanized/gijinka versions) or their pre-existing OC's. Still, I'd be interested in seeing how this turns out. I'd probably make a few for some of my favorite dragons if you end up opening shop here. Best of luck! :) [/quote] That is definitely why I'm considering stripping most of the lore off the adoptable. But before I did that, I wanted to ask what users here thought. Last time we did have a few people interested in the attached lore but we only attempted one thread and it was hard for most of the team to spread their focus on two sites. Even if we kept some of the existing story, we'd undoubtedly loosen the restrictions a lot because, like you said, people will really be looking to get things based on their existing dragons and OCs - there's much less drive for general collecting on this site than the other site where we are. I am definitely open to removing at least some of the restrictions to allow for more flexibility in mixing and matching all the different traits. OwO ETA: Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! I really appreciate it! <3
HailfireAlicorn wrote on 2016-08-27:

That is definitely why I'm considering stripping most of the lore off the adoptable. But before I did that, I wanted to ask what users here thought. Last time we did have a few people interested in the attached lore but we only attempted one thread and it was hard for most of the team to spread their focus on two sites.

Even if we kept some of the existing story, we'd undoubtedly loosen the restrictions a lot because, like you said, people will really be looking to get things based on their existing dragons and OCs - there's much less drive for general collecting on this site than the other site where we are.

I am definitely open to removing at least some of the restrictions to allow for more flexibility in mixing and matching all the different traits. OwO

ETA: Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! I really appreciate it! <3
A very good point about the lore. I like it but I can definitely see how an outside person would see it's too much to get what would essentially be a mimic with no tie to the adoptable lore. XD

Id be more interested in seeing what others think.
A very good point about the lore. I like it but I can definitely see how an outside person would see it's too much to get what would essentially be a mimic with no tie to the adoptable lore. XD

FLAMECALLER_sig_zpsc4842247.png
[quote name="Fanta" date=2016-08-27 22:31:52] A very good point about the lore. I like it but I can definitely see how an outside person would see it's too much to get what would essentially be a mimic with no tie to the adoptable lore. XD Id be more interested in seeing what others think. [/quote] I'm the same way - I think the lore is fun but I feel like the community on FR may be less interested in it since adoptables tend to lean so heavily toward mimics of existing dragons. OwO I want to hear more people weigh in, as well. <3
Fanta wrote on 2016-08-27:

I'm the same way - I think the lore is fun but I feel like the community on FR may be less interested in it since adoptables tend to lean so heavily toward mimics of existing dragons. OwO I want to hear more people weigh in, as well. <3