Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | LGBTQ+ Community
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 649 650
funny story

my gf came out to her mom bc of me on accident (it all turned out well in the end at least)

we were in the back-back seat of her mom's van (this was quite a good amount of years ago when neither of us could drive yet and we were all going to a restaurant) and i was holding her hand

and then her mom asked a question and i rAISED THE HAND I WAS USING TO HOLD HER HAND and my gf had to quickly move her hand down like "OH NO" but they didnt say anything about it in the car so we thought we were safe

and then her mom asked her about it after i went home

they were fine with it, i felt really bad after, but she reassured me it was okay

//slaps forehead

i get too excited
funny story

my gf came out to her mom bc of me on accident (it all turned out well in the end at least)

we were in the back-back seat of her mom's van (this was quite a good amount of years ago when neither of us could drive yet and we were all going to a restaurant) and i was holding her hand

and then her mom asked a question and i rAISED THE HAND I WAS USING TO HOLD HER HAND and my gf had to quickly move her hand down like "OH NO" but they didnt say anything about it in the car so we thought we were safe

and then her mom asked her about it after i went home

they were fine with it, i felt really bad after, but she reassured me it was okay

//slaps forehead

i get too excited
@SkeleLizard24
Hello everyone, i'm just now joining this little conversation. Soooo, lets get into some details.
I identify as pan-sexual and Agender. My literal thoughts on it are: I like human beings. I don't dislike someone for their race, gender, religious beliefs (as long as they can respect my lack of any), or sexuality. I like people for who they are. I've dated four guys, and four girls. Only two of those relationships were happy ones, and i still feel horrible that the last one ended. I'm currently dating a straight, cis male. i love the fact that he takes my sexuality into consideration. Like say if he's talking about relationships or something, he says "boyfriend or girlfriend" when it comes to who i like, instead of just boyfriend since i'm TECHNICALLY a female.

-Coming out-
To my mom: We were standing in the kitchen, and i was telling her about this girl who has been causing me allot of problems. i wasn't very specific about anything at first, but basically what was going on what that my ex girlfriend was telling everyone at school that i abused her and that i wouldn't do anything with her if she came to my house. At some point, i said "when Kortany was my girlfriend" and my mom said "you said girlfriend" and than i said "yes, i know." and all she had to say about it was "oh, okay".

To my dad: i was sitting on the couch, talking to my now other ex girlfriend (we both agreed it would be best to break up, but i'm crying about it all over again now. ANYWAY) on the phone. my dad asked who i was talking to and i said "my girlfriend" and he just stared at me for awhile.

-other stuff-
The only times i've had problems with someone in the LGBT community were these.....
"Transgender isn't a thing"- I was sitting in the computer lab in school, and one of my friends was talking to another girl about sexuality (oh look at that, she was my first girlfriend that kind of ruined my impression of relationships yaaay) The girl, who we'll call gabby for time sake, says "Okay, you're either a guy, or you're a girl. there's no in between. if you're born with a * slur for male part* you're a guy. if you're born with a *slur for girl part*, you're a girl. And there's no such thing as pansexual either, people need to stop making up stupid new things for them selves. there's gay, straight, and bisexual. that's it."

"Guy clothes"- I was sitting on a bus going to a huuuge GSA meeting, and that day i decided that i wanted to look male. so, i wore more masculine looking clothing. I didn't really know what to call them, so i said they were my guy clothes. i really don't see what's wrong with that. Any gender can wear what ever clothes they want, its just fabric. But these were the clothes i wore to have a more male appearance, so, they're my guy clothes. the kid in front of my on the bus looks back with his/her full of they're self look and says "um, that's pretty insensitive. what do you consider 'guy clothes'? Are you saying that because i have a penis, i can't wear a skirt, but YOU can walk around in that and say you're a 'guy'?"

Aaah, sorry for the long post, i got carried away
@SkeleLizard24
Hello everyone, i'm just now joining this little conversation. Soooo, lets get into some details.
I identify as pan-sexual and Agender. My literal thoughts on it are: I like human beings. I don't dislike someone for their race, gender, religious beliefs (as long as they can respect my lack of any), or sexuality. I like people for who they are. I've dated four guys, and four girls. Only two of those relationships were happy ones, and i still feel horrible that the last one ended. I'm currently dating a straight, cis male. i love the fact that he takes my sexuality into consideration. Like say if he's talking about relationships or something, he says "boyfriend or girlfriend" when it comes to who i like, instead of just boyfriend since i'm TECHNICALLY a female.

-Coming out-
To my mom: We were standing in the kitchen, and i was telling her about this girl who has been causing me allot of problems. i wasn't very specific about anything at first, but basically what was going on what that my ex girlfriend was telling everyone at school that i abused her and that i wouldn't do anything with her if she came to my house. At some point, i said "when Kortany was my girlfriend" and my mom said "you said girlfriend" and than i said "yes, i know." and all she had to say about it was "oh, okay".

To my dad: i was sitting on the couch, talking to my now other ex girlfriend (we both agreed it would be best to break up, but i'm crying about it all over again now. ANYWAY) on the phone. my dad asked who i was talking to and i said "my girlfriend" and he just stared at me for awhile.

-other stuff-
The only times i've had problems with someone in the LGBT community were these.....
"Transgender isn't a thing"- I was sitting in the computer lab in school, and one of my friends was talking to another girl about sexuality (oh look at that, she was my first girlfriend that kind of ruined my impression of relationships yaaay) The girl, who we'll call gabby for time sake, says "Okay, you're either a guy, or you're a girl. there's no in between. if you're born with a * slur for male part* you're a guy. if you're born with a *slur for girl part*, you're a girl. And there's no such thing as pansexual either, people need to stop making up stupid new things for them selves. there's gay, straight, and bisexual. that's it."

"Guy clothes"- I was sitting on a bus going to a huuuge GSA meeting, and that day i decided that i wanted to look male. so, i wore more masculine looking clothing. I didn't really know what to call them, so i said they were my guy clothes. i really don't see what's wrong with that. Any gender can wear what ever clothes they want, its just fabric. But these were the clothes i wore to have a more male appearance, so, they're my guy clothes. the kid in front of my on the bus looks back with his/her full of they're self look and says "um, that's pretty insensitive. what do you consider 'guy clothes'? Are you saying that because i have a penis, i can't wear a skirt, but YOU can walk around in that and say you're a 'guy'?"

Aaah, sorry for the long post, i got carried away
arcane_small_by_vamonkea-dai56rq.png
@Gingerdemon

I don't see what's wrong with someone being bi sexual, per say. i only have an issue with the trans phobic ones, but that has to do with ANY sexuality, not just bisexual.

What i never understood was that there is so much hate for bisexual, yet pansexual like any gender, or don't consider it at all. sooo... wouldn't we be "more likely to cheat"? Honestly, i hate that state meant all together. just because you like both genders, doesn't mean you're a cheater.
@Gingerdemon

I don't see what's wrong with someone being bi sexual, per say. i only have an issue with the trans phobic ones, but that has to do with ANY sexuality, not just bisexual.

What i never understood was that there is so much hate for bisexual, yet pansexual like any gender, or don't consider it at all. sooo... wouldn't we be "more likely to cheat"? Honestly, i hate that state meant all together. just because you like both genders, doesn't mean you're a cheater.
arcane_small_by_vamonkea-dai56rq.png
@LostSoulsWeep @Skeksis @ThornOfStorm130

Wow. You guys are all so awesome thank you so much! This really helped me a lot! It makes more sense now and I get (kinda) why someone might be a little worried about cheating.... why she said that though was just stupid. OK, I'm going to leave with my one Bi. Joke

I like my women like I like my Men...
That's it. That's the Joke ^J^
@LostSoulsWeep @Skeksis @ThornOfStorm130

Wow. You guys are all so awesome thank you so much! This really helped me a lot! It makes more sense now and I get (kinda) why someone might be a little worried about cheating.... why she said that though was just stupid. OK, I'm going to leave with my one Bi. Joke

I like my women like I like my Men...
That's it. That's the Joke ^J^
XdKddgH.pngbutton_by_cas_a_fras-dbbg65c.png mayhem2.png
@Gingerdemon Oh I so so feel where you're coming from on this. I am a bi female who hasn't even KISSED another female. "Well, then how do you KNOW you're bi then huh?" *headdesks multiple times* No, I am not "curious". I don't need to BE with a female to know I'm attracted to females. O.o; ugh. Drives me bonkers.

As for your dilemma in particular, I mean, I guess logistically and mathematically, I can see KINDA why someone who would identify as straight would have an issue with dating someone bi for that reason. I mean, instead of worrying about being left/cheat on/what have you for ONE gender, now that person is worried about ALLLLL genders. BUT it's a stupid insecurity to have. A person is going to cheat/leave regardless if thats what they feel like they're going to do. My problem with the relationship I was in, was when my ex boyfriend on a constant basis attributed my lack of a sex drive to "Oh, well you must just be a lesbian then." "Oh why don't you just leave me and be with a woman since clearly thats what you want"... Drove me up the fricken wall. To blatantly have your personal identity essentially attacked. To essentially be told, you're completely wrong about your OWN FEELINGS. So.rude.

I don't really have a "coming out" story because my mom is pretty much a vegetable in a nursing home and my dad passed away. Both of these things happened before I really and truly figured things out for myself completely.
@Gingerdemon Oh I so so feel where you're coming from on this. I am a bi female who hasn't even KISSED another female. "Well, then how do you KNOW you're bi then huh?" *headdesks multiple times* No, I am not "curious". I don't need to BE with a female to know I'm attracted to females. O.o; ugh. Drives me bonkers.

As for your dilemma in particular, I mean, I guess logistically and mathematically, I can see KINDA why someone who would identify as straight would have an issue with dating someone bi for that reason. I mean, instead of worrying about being left/cheat on/what have you for ONE gender, now that person is worried about ALLLLL genders. BUT it's a stupid insecurity to have. A person is going to cheat/leave regardless if thats what they feel like they're going to do. My problem with the relationship I was in, was when my ex boyfriend on a constant basis attributed my lack of a sex drive to "Oh, well you must just be a lesbian then." "Oh why don't you just leave me and be with a woman since clearly thats what you want"... Drove me up the fricken wall. To blatantly have your personal identity essentially attacked. To essentially be told, you're completely wrong about your OWN FEELINGS. So.rude.

I don't really have a "coming out" story because my mom is pretty much a vegetable in a nursing home and my dad passed away. Both of these things happened before I really and truly figured things out for myself completely.
On a separate note all together, has anyone had any good experiences using the app Scissr? I feel like all the profiles have been offline for a year or more. O.o;
On a separate note all together, has anyone had any good experiences using the app Scissr? I feel like all the profiles have been offline for a year or more. O.o;
@Merridiel Luckily I didn't really have many people who responded to it that I knew or cared about. XD I mean, I would love to find a girlfriend now that I AM single and away from my abusive ex, but I'm having a hard enough time finding FRIENDS let alone dating. O.o;
@Merridiel Luckily I didn't really have many people who responded to it that I knew or cared about. XD I mean, I would love to find a girlfriend now that I AM single and away from my abusive ex, but I'm having a hard enough time finding FRIENDS let alone dating. O.o;
yikes i'm tired
i'm endora, and i'm pan!

I've actually come out to a few of my friends (all of them were really cool about it, which was great) and to another girl at my school who isn't really someone I know all that well, but felt comfortable telling because she's pan as well (and came from a really homophobic school.) I came out to my mom a few months ago and it was...pretty messy. It actually started when I asked if I could go to a GSA meeting at my school (we were in the car at Wendy's lmao), to which she replied: "Aren't you worried someone's going to see you coming out of there and wonder if you're a lesbian?" and then I replied: "It doesn't really matter if someone makes that assumption and they'd be really stupid to jump to such a conclusion just by seeing me walk out of there." Then 10 minutes later I came out to her in a Dollar Tree. She got upset and talked about heaven/hell etc. and there's more but i'm too tired to try to talk about it. Overall, she said she didn't support it, but she doesn't treat me any differently because of my sexuality. I haven't really discussed it with her since then, I don't really want to re-open that can of worms. I wished that my mom did support me, but at the same time i'm just grateful that she didn't overreact too much and that we're still good.
yikes i'm tired
i'm endora, and i'm pan!

I've actually come out to a few of my friends (all of them were really cool about it, which was great) and to another girl at my school who isn't really someone I know all that well, but felt comfortable telling because she's pan as well (and came from a really homophobic school.) I came out to my mom a few months ago and it was...pretty messy. It actually started when I asked if I could go to a GSA meeting at my school (we were in the car at Wendy's lmao), to which she replied: "Aren't you worried someone's going to see you coming out of there and wonder if you're a lesbian?" and then I replied: "It doesn't really matter if someone makes that assumption and they'd be really stupid to jump to such a conclusion just by seeing me walk out of there." Then 10 minutes later I came out to her in a Dollar Tree. She got upset and talked about heaven/hell etc. and there's more but i'm too tired to try to talk about it. Overall, she said she didn't support it, but she doesn't treat me any differently because of my sexuality. I haven't really discussed it with her since then, I don't really want to re-open that can of worms. I wished that my mom did support me, but at the same time i'm just grateful that she didn't overreact too much and that we're still good.
xpxalNl.gif
@Endora

I was spoiled with my friends and family, and didn't really get any negativity for a long time, and never from my friends or family. I'm glad everything worked out for you.
@Endora

I was spoiled with my friends and family, and didn't really get any negativity for a long time, and never from my friends or family. I'm glad everything worked out for you.
j8PMqv2.png ob2hmKC.png
@Saifur1982
Ah that's great! It's always good to hear people getting good responses from family/friends. And thank you!
@Saifur1982
Ah that's great! It's always good to hear people getting good responses from family/friends. And thank you!
xpxalNl.gif
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 649 650