Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | A writing blog? With prompts? :O
I have a writing blog. For the past couple weeks, it's been public but low key so I could fill it with some posts before I start showing it off. I write about (and post resources for) writing and roleplaying, so I hope that it's at least a little interesting to the roleplaying community (and newcomers to the writing community); I'm by no means an expert, but I have been writing for 10+ years, and I like to think at this point my opinions could be considered "educated". It's also an excuse to occasionally post my own writing.

Anyways, one of the categories of posts I make are Writing Prompts & Exercises. This upcoming tuesday I'll be posting up the first WP&E, and I thought it might be time to start advertising the blog so people could participate. The way it works is simple: I'll post the prompt on tuesday at 8AM CST (thats like, 06:00 FRT). You can write as much or as little about the prompt as you want, using any genre, any characters (even your FR dragons!), any setting, as long as it adheres to the subject of the prompt. Submit it via the contact form on my blog, and the following monday, I post up every submission I receive, including my own writing for the prompt.

I think it'll be a great reason to get writing and a good way to show your writing off - the more people who follow the blog and submit their writing, the more people will see yours! Isn't that great? And I'm hoping it'll help to build an audience, who are in turn more than welcome to submit topics of discussion for upcoming posts. If you're interested in writing/roleplaying and want me to talk about something in particular, I'd be happy to!

The blog is located at madisontrupp.com. It's also linked in my signature.

It's totally my name, because a few months ago I was in the middle of using the site for a professional graphic design portfolio, only to land a long term position like... before it was even done. OTL So I repurposed it for a writing blog!

What do you guys think? Is this writing blog something that you'd be interested in following? Maybe I can make a pinglist for when WP&E get posted up? Ehhh? How about it?
I have a writing blog. For the past couple weeks, it's been public but low key so I could fill it with some posts before I start showing it off. I write about (and post resources for) writing and roleplaying, so I hope that it's at least a little interesting to the roleplaying community (and newcomers to the writing community); I'm by no means an expert, but I have been writing for 10+ years, and I like to think at this point my opinions could be considered "educated". It's also an excuse to occasionally post my own writing.

Anyways, one of the categories of posts I make are Writing Prompts & Exercises. This upcoming tuesday I'll be posting up the first WP&E, and I thought it might be time to start advertising the blog so people could participate. The way it works is simple: I'll post the prompt on tuesday at 8AM CST (thats like, 06:00 FRT). You can write as much or as little about the prompt as you want, using any genre, any characters (even your FR dragons!), any setting, as long as it adheres to the subject of the prompt. Submit it via the contact form on my blog, and the following monday, I post up every submission I receive, including my own writing for the prompt.

I think it'll be a great reason to get writing and a good way to show your writing off - the more people who follow the blog and submit their writing, the more people will see yours! Isn't that great? And I'm hoping it'll help to build an audience, who are in turn more than welcome to submit topics of discussion for upcoming posts. If you're interested in writing/roleplaying and want me to talk about something in particular, I'd be happy to!

The blog is located at madisontrupp.com. It's also linked in my signature.

It's totally my name, because a few months ago I was in the middle of using the site for a professional graphic design portfolio, only to land a long term position like... before it was even done. OTL So I repurposed it for a writing blog!

What do you guys think? Is this writing blog something that you'd be interested in following? Maybe I can make a pinglist for when WP&E get posted up? Ehhh? How about it?
rr8NTee.png
So stoked for prompts! I love prompts. :D
So stoked for prompts! I love prompts. :D
blhmbiP.png
lady luck is smilin'
Wooo! Today our first prompt was posted up! The prompt is The Late-Night Drive. Which can be characters driving, or... flying, you know, if you're writing dragons ;) or journeying somewhere for some reason late at night.

Check it out here! Let me know if you plan on writing something! Anyone that submits something will have it posted up next monday! :D
Wooo! Today our first prompt was posted up! The prompt is The Late-Night Drive. Which can be characters driving, or... flying, you know, if you're writing dragons ;) or journeying somewhere for some reason late at night.

Check it out here! Let me know if you plan on writing something! Anyone that submits something will have it posted up next monday! :D
rr8NTee.png
@Apollonaris Ohhh yes, I c r a v e prompts *-*
@Apollonaris Ohhh yes, I c r a v e prompts *-*
waterfull.png
@Hydria :O!!!! That's awesome!! Have you checked it out yet? I'm hoping to do monthly prompts to get people writing! I wrote one too :D I'm so excited to see what people come up with!
@Hydria :O!!!! That's awesome!! Have you checked it out yet? I'm hoping to do monthly prompts to get people writing! I wrote one too :D I'm so excited to see what people come up with!
rr8NTee.png
Mine is 1237 words so far but they only just started driving ;_;...
Mine is 1237 words so far but they only just started driving ;_;...
blhmbiP.png
lady luck is smilin'
@Jaye mine ended up being a little over 2000 but it's still unrevised :P don't worry about getting carried away because i totally did ;)
@Jaye mine ended up being a little over 2000 but it's still unrevised :P don't worry about getting carried away because i totally did ;)
rr8NTee.png