Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | It's okay to be weird.
1 2
I would just like to say to all the weirdos in the world that want to be normal:

It's okay to be weird; even awesome.

I have been feeling very insecure of my weirdness lately, and so I have been telling people I hangout with sometimes; that I wanted to grow up and be normal.

And you know what? They have been telling me that wanting to be normal is bad, that I shouldn't change for anyone, and that people need people like me to show them that it's okay to be weird.

Please don't stress out about standing out! The people that stand out tend to do very well as adults. If you are an adult and reading this; some people just don't have the guts to appreciate the oddballs of this world! YOU ARE FINE!!! I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!
I would just like to say to all the weirdos in the world that want to be normal:

It's okay to be weird; even awesome.

I have been feeling very insecure of my weirdness lately, and so I have been telling people I hangout with sometimes; that I wanted to grow up and be normal.

And you know what? They have been telling me that wanting to be normal is bad, that I shouldn't change for anyone, and that people need people like me to show them that it's okay to be weird.

Please don't stress out about standing out! The people that stand out tend to do very well as adults. If you are an adult and reading this; some people just don't have the guts to appreciate the oddballs of this world! YOU ARE FINE!!! I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!
Ping me! Always! Just copy and paste this: @happyviki

DO IT! JUST DO IT! DON'T LET MEMES STAY MEMES! JUST DO IT!
@HappyViki
I believe in you too!

Edit- I'm weird and proud of it!
@HappyViki
I believe in you too!

Edit- I'm weird and proud of it!
nSeiSYR.gif * You never fail until you stop trying
* Success is not final, failure not fatal; have the courage to continue
* Change does not come from avoiding failure, it comes from learning from it

~Believe you can and you're already halfway there~
o4ZSXMr.gif
d
a
i
l
y

>

b
a
d
g
e

>

1RSWs3W.png
I needed this!
Thank!
I needed this!
Thank!
dlx3JgZ.gif
Just wanted to say thanks. ;)
Just wanted to say thanks. ;)
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Thank you!
Thank you!
Frankenstein3.jpg
@GuyInCorner @Aeru @ImpossibleJedi4 @OracleOreo00 Your welcome! :DDD
@GuyInCorner @Aeru @ImpossibleJedi4 @OracleOreo00 Your welcome! :DDD

Thank you.
Thank you.
vVseha8.gif
↑NOW EXTREMELY OUTDATED Art Shop
Amen!

For the record--and I'm only adding this because I spent my whole life repeating "it's ok to be weird" and then ruined myself trying to persue things exclusively put of the norm-- it's ok to be normal, too. To like mainstream stuff or not have any Personality Quirks or whatever. It's ok to be anyone.
Amen!

For the record--and I'm only adding this because I spent my whole life repeating "it's ok to be weird" and then ruined myself trying to persue things exclusively put of the norm-- it's ok to be normal, too. To like mainstream stuff or not have any Personality Quirks or whatever. It's ok to be anyone.
iiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz04t.pngiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz085.pngiiiiiiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz0bq.png
@FalconRex121 Yes! Of course! I was just thinking of all the people that want to be normal, but just can't help being weird.

And yes, I sometimes act like a normal person, and feel weird about it. And sometimes I feel pressure to be weird (when I'm tired; I'm more normal when I'm tired), because people know me as the weird one, and if I'm not weird all the time, I feel like they might think that something is wrong with me.

How do people stop caring about what other people think? I want to become one of those people! And not feel like I'm on a tight rope all the time.
@FalconRex121 Yes! Of course! I was just thinking of all the people that want to be normal, but just can't help being weird.

And yes, I sometimes act like a normal person, and feel weird about it. And sometimes I feel pressure to be weird (when I'm tired; I'm more normal when I'm tired), because people know me as the weird one, and if I'm not weird all the time, I feel like they might think that something is wrong with me.

How do people stop caring about what other people think? I want to become one of those people! And not feel like I'm on a tight rope all the time.

@HappyViki

I like my quirks more than my normal traits... When someone looks at me strangely for one of the quirks i'm happy with, i can't help but instantly think of that person as closed-minded (just saying, i try not to, but sometimes i can't help it). People are narrow-minded by default. Becoming open-minded requires effort and most people do not put in that effort, or not much. Therefore screw what they think. Their opinion is cultivated in ignorance so what they think is irrelevant.

I used to put stock in what anyone thinks but that's because i mistakenly believed that they must know better than i (them being older and whatnot). They don't. They rarely do. Most people have little to no self-knowledge, and are as self-aware as a magpie. When you encounter someone whose opinion you should care about, you'll know. Wisdom is strongly reflected in behavior.

I never had anyone act significantly malicious toward me upon me not submitting to their ideas about normality, i think i would remember if someone did. They might just not seek your company, at most, but why would you care about that? Go and be with people who appreciate you and your traits.

In a way this is how you stop caring about what other people think, but also how you become a misanthropist. If you don't want to have the misanthropist part, study Buddhism and meditate.

By the way instead of wanting to be normal, try to want to be valuable/good. Normality/weirdness alone is as worthless as a gun without bullets in a snake pit.

See me not caring that normal people don't like long posts, i do what feels right, not what feels normal.
@HappyViki

I like my quirks more than my normal traits... When someone looks at me strangely for one of the quirks i'm happy with, i can't help but instantly think of that person as closed-minded (just saying, i try not to, but sometimes i can't help it). People are narrow-minded by default. Becoming open-minded requires effort and most people do not put in that effort, or not much. Therefore screw what they think. Their opinion is cultivated in ignorance so what they think is irrelevant.

I used to put stock in what anyone thinks but that's because i mistakenly believed that they must know better than i (them being older and whatnot). They don't. They rarely do. Most people have little to no self-knowledge, and are as self-aware as a magpie. When you encounter someone whose opinion you should care about, you'll know. Wisdom is strongly reflected in behavior.

I never had anyone act significantly malicious toward me upon me not submitting to their ideas about normality, i think i would remember if someone did. They might just not seek your company, at most, but why would you care about that? Go and be with people who appreciate you and your traits.

In a way this is how you stop caring about what other people think, but also how you become a misanthropist. If you don't want to have the misanthropist part, study Buddhism and meditate.

By the way instead of wanting to be normal, try to want to be valuable/good. Normality/weirdness alone is as worthless as a gun without bullets in a snake pit.

See me not caring that normal people don't like long posts, i do what feels right, not what feels normal.
sig_02_by_whiteraven90-dbm43xs.png
sig_04_by_whiteraven90-dbm43xq.pngsig_05_by_whiteraven90-dbm43y8.pngsig_06_by_whiteraven90-dbm43y6.png
sig_07_by_whiteraven90-dbm43y3.pngsig_08_by_whiteraven90-dbm43xz.pngsig_09_by_whiteraven90-dbm43xx.png
sig_10_by_whiteraven90-dbm43xw.png
1 2